• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

No, no... wanted to get some practice in.

I've literally never played a MOBA, though I know the extreme basics (lanes, towers, creeps and blowing people up)

Randoms are pretty cool to play with cos you don't feel guilty killing them like you do Arnie.

Your desire for new players to have a fun time often runs up against your desire to repeatedly destroy them and make them hate life.

ITS A HARD CALL ;__;
HEY dont pitty me. Ass.

Well dont aon I dont want your sympathy.

Also no way would we start it tonight we just sprang the idea. Still need to get more people and teams sorted. Why groups of 4? Wernt we doing 5s?

Aon

Also no way would we start it tonight we just sprang the idea. Still need to get more people and teams sorted. Why groups of 4? Wernt we doing 5s?

I can't imagine we thought we'd get all these people into the idea. Late night in house dota is often 4v4 anyways, so it's just setting low expectations.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Yeh as aon said. Just low ballin.

More we get we can re access the situation and call a 4th captain if need be

There are some really knowledgeable people on AusGAF in relation to PC's/GPU's, and I was wondering about something.

So the 6970m is based on the 6850 desktop card (just underclocked), would that mean the upcoming 7970m would essentially be a 7850 desktop GPU? If so, what sort of performance could we expect compared to the 6970m? Any ideas/speculation would be great.

HolyCheck

This is all just building up for me to spiral into a state of depression when I get picked last.

yeah I don't know why the hell I suggested that.

also it will be interesting because we'll be able to train as teams for a bit, work out dynamics.

Jintor

So who's the nerdy kid with glasses and an inability to even lift the ball and who's the kid who dribbles a bit and sways on his feet in this getting picked last scenario

Rahk

We should play reverse draft where each team picks the other team's lords.

No, that would be a terrible idea. Might be fun outside of the tournament though (probably not).

Also, might as well add Ridonk to that list because he can never play enough Dota.

I can play tonight.

We should try and pick the teams so that they are even. Each team must have one really good person (the team leaders) and one noob who we will call "the handicap". Or something.

So who's the nerdy kid with glasses and an inability to even lift the ball and who's the kid who dribbles a bit and sways on his feet in this getting picked last scenario

All of us ;_; So what then?

Rezbit

Yeah, surely we will do the tournament on a weekend, have an epic day or night or both of Dota.

Might be around for a practice game tonight. Also where is my humourous title?

Fredescu

THE 2012 INAUGURAL AUSGAF DOTA 2 TOURNAMENT

legend166, unmuted.
Marshymallow the reluctant carry.
Fogz, who leapt through time.
Aonshix Karst the Third, Prophet of the Dead.
Hamchan, the silent killer
Rahk, he is phone
Jintor, who knows Dark secrets in his Soul(s).
Shan Shan, whose boyfriend?!!?!?!?!
Wonzo the scholar.
HolyCheck the Earthshaking Leather Gracket.
Frawdder
Kritz
Rezbit, #1 fan of Channel 10s Offspring

Rezbit

wwe-triple-h-hhh-happy-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-16.gif

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
If you were to have a dota comp it should be done, I guess, Somewhat correctly?

If you guys managed to get say 20 people, 4 teams of 5. Games could be a best of one over the weekdays and the final a best of 3 on a saturday arvo / night or something. A week long tournament would be enough, since most ausgaf games tend to go for 60 minutes or so.

A v B on Monday
C v D on tuesday
Loser of AvB plays loser of C v D on wednesday
Winner of AvB plays winner of CvD on thursday
Losers final on Friday
Winners final on Saturday.

I think that's how it works. Right? Something seems off :D

Captains mode too so you can ban holy from using tinker.

I have a friend staying over this weekend (she flew in from Perth just to see the Weasley twins at supanova) so I don't know if I'll be able to play then.

HolyCheck

If you were to have a dota comp it should be done, I guess, Somewhat correctly?

If you guys managed to get say 20 people, 4 teams of 5. Games could be a best of one over the weekdays and the final a best of 3 on a saturday arvo / night or something. A week long tournament would be enough, since most ausgaf games tend to go for 60 minutes or so.

A v B on Monday
C v D on tuesday
Loser of AvB plays loser of C v D on wednesday
Winner of AvB plays winner of CvD on thursday
Losers final on Friday
Winners final on Saturday.

I think that's how it works. Right? Something seems off :D

Captains mode too so you can ban holy from using tinker.

WOH NELLY.

but yeah we'll do it properly, I'm quite happy to plan it all once we're set up including streaming (Kritz or Jintor?) or I can on my new laptop, we can even have commentary and make a thread for it incase other gaffers want to watch :)

edit: lol @ ham extended series

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I doubt streaming it and commentating would actually be a good idea. Releasing replays for other gaffers to watch and laugh at could be a better and safer option.

Rahk

THE 2012 INAUGURAL AUSGAF DOTA 2 TOURNAMENT

legend166, unmuted.
Marshymallow the reluctant carry.
Fogz, who leapt through time.
Aonshix Karst the Third, Prophet of the Dead.
Hamchan, the silent killer
Rahk, he is phone
Jintor, who knows Dark secrets in his Soul(s).
Shan Shan, whose boyfriend?!!?!?!?!
Wonzo the scholar.
HolyCheck the Earthshaking Leather Gracket.
Frawdder
Kritz

Add Ridonkulous, forever muted.

Pepsi MAX and coke ZERO are the only good ones. MAX > ZERO though. TO THE EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
Ugh you couldnt be more wrong.

I missed out on crystal pepsi

I like me a normal coke but vanilla is my fav

The round robin dota has already gotten crazy. Its a propper ausgaf esport comp.

hamchan

Don't make videos and show it to Dota2GAF please. Reading that thread recently, a lot of them fit right into the Dota 2 culture, ie. being assholes.

HolyCheck

Don't make videos and show it to Dota2GAF please. Reading that thread recently, a lot of them fit right into the Dota 2 culture, ie. being assholes.

:O no stream or thread.

we'll just make EatChildren and EviLore watch so we feel special

How was the set?

Pretty good overall.

Dre didn't have a lot of stage presence compared to Snoop and there were a few songs I don't really care for (couple 50 Cent tracks, that new one Snoop has a verse on) but it was a strong set on the whole. The Pac hologram did Hail Mary and then 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted, and Eminem was there with one of his more recent tracks (haven't really listened to his last couple of albums) and Forgot About Dre.

Rahk

A lot of the jerks are also from HoN and so there's a bit of a rivalry going on or some shit.

HolyCheck

Salazar will be the designated kpop song picker for the stream.

I'm putting in a request for t-ara - lovey dovie zombie :D

If you only have four teams IMO you're better off having a small league table to make sure all teams play one another instead of a round robin.

A v B
C v D
A v C
B v D
A v D
B v C

Have 2 or 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw (is this even possible in DOTA? Maybe for a server crash I guess...) none of course for a loss.

Then you can either have teams 1/2 play for the top spot and 3/4 to determine bottom rankings or put team 1 into the final and have teams 2/3 play off to play team 1 in the final.

Depending on the amount of of time required I could be in, if there was a week or two time to prep/learn.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The actress playing Margery Tyrell in Game of Thrones looks like a prettier Ricky-Lee.

HolyCheck

If you only have four teams IMO you're better off having a small league table to make sure all teams play one another instead of a round robin.

A v B
C v D
A v C
B v D
A v D
B v C

Have 2 or 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw (is this even possible in DOTA? Maybe for a server crash I guess...) none of course for a loss.

Then you can either have teams 1/2 play for the top spot and 3/4 to determine bottom rankings or put team 1 into the final and have teams 2/3 play off to play team 1 in the final.

Depending on the amount of of time required I could be in, if there was a week or two time to prep/learn.

Or have the pool play rank the teams and then go into a double elim bracket based on the seeding, ie 1 v 4, 2 v 3.

For even moar games!!!

And team names and mascots are a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom