• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm heaps keen for Animal Crossing 3DS. Played the original and DS versions a lot but skipped out on the Wii one so it's been five odd years since I really played one and am ready for another fix.

Deeku

Go to Japan.

Did you have this job when we met? I thought you were just a poor struggling uni students like me!
It's not my choice:( But I'm pretty happy to be pooled into the asian countries. I probably wouldn't be able to survive in say London or NY.

I had the job lined up but didn't start till early this year.
I'm heaps keen for Animal Crossing 3DS. Played the original and DS versions a lot but skipped out on the Wii one so it's been five odd years since I really played one and am ready for another fix.
Ehhh I don't know. If it's still the same ol thing, I might pass.

But damn, buying shoes though!

Hong Kong would be pretty sweet too. I don't know much about Shanghai, except all the Chinese people I know complain about it. "They talk weird" "Those people suck, just like people in Shanghai" etc.

1.1 kg ? Yeah, it's all over.

How are people this stupid. No seriously, how can people possibly be this fucking dumb. Indonesia is notoriously anti-drugs. If you are dumb enough take drugs over there, you deserve to get caught. HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING. How many drug smugglers have to get caught before someone thinks "gee, is this money really worth the risk of being taken out and shot in the woods without notice?". If you want to get high, do it in a country that won't kill you.

Yagharek

Oh and I finally beat Mario 3d land today. That means all levels, all gold flags, with Mario and Luigi.

Level-
S8-Crown
is ridiculously hard. Still, ended up with 170 lives remaining. Took about 100 to do that level.

Rezbit

Honestly I think any of those places would be a great experience Deeku. Would love to go to all of them.

That's crazy Vince, 100 lives on one Mario level? :O

Choc

Banned
its been long enougbh between drinks for AC

they need to mix it up a bit though

an online persistant world could be the shit

Yagharek

Honestly I think any of those places would be a great experience Deeku. Would love to go to all of them.

That's crazy Vince, 100 lives on one Mario level? :O

Yep, but that's total with both characters. So a success ratio of 1:50 all up. Its a great level though.

Feel like a beer, but it is a bit cold for a lager.
Chimay Blue would go down a treat on a night like this. I have my 2010 vintage in the cupboard, waiting til next year when I'm going to crack it open.

How many drug smugglers have to get caught before someone thinks "gee, is this money really worth the risk of being taken out and shot in the woods without notice?". If you want to get high, do it in a country that won't kill you.
Most who would risk it are probably pretty desperate to even consider it by that point.

Also, Lucky is the best AC character.

An opportunity has presented itself!

I may be relocating to one of three locations, listed from most likely to very least likely:

-Hong Kong
meh
-Shanghai
oh god I hope not!
-Tokyo
oh my god fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu japanese salary man fantasy dream come true

I hope making this post doesn't jinx my chances:eek: Will I still be considered ausgaf?

Also fuck if i have to go what's going to happen to my radiohead sydney thing????!

Nice. Whats the job?

Gaf mobile is awesomesauce.

Agreed.

Most who would risk it are probably pretty desperate to even consider it by that point.

The nursing home is always looking for staff. Surely that is better. Even if you don't get caught, I imagine swallowing 1 kg of drugs or putting it into places it shouldn't go isn't incredibly pleasant. You'd think after the bali nine people would think twice, especially after they were basically sent as a warning.

Deeku

Hong Kong would be pretty sweet too. I don't know much about Shanghai, except all the Chinese people I know complain about it. "They talk weird" "Those people suck, just like people in Shanghai" etc.
Yeah hk is alright since I've lived there before. Shanghai...I don't know, I don't like China in general. Also, non-Shanghai people tend to hate on Shanghai-nese because Shanghai-nese look down on other chinese since they believe they are more upper class or something lol.
Salazar said:
Pffffft.

Sure you could.
Ehh, places like London and the US are super duper competitive (I think) in my field, I'll probably get eaten by all the massive ego dudes. But it would be good experience regardless as rezbit said.

Also, I won't be a minority in an asian country so that's a plus!

Danoss

Here's something I thought I'd share in case anyone who may be interested isn't aware. If you want to see maybe some new games of the tabletop variety, Wil Wheaton has teamed up with Felicia Day to bring you:

Tabletop

The fact that Day[9]/Sean Plott is one of the players in the first episode may be a draw-card for some who might not ordinarily be interested in something like this. I've always liked his personality and find him very funny.

I'm glad there's something out there like this to show people how fun this hobby can be. It's a great way to show people what's great about it without them having to sit down at a table and play to understand; they can easily see for themselves how fun it really is.

I believe there are some RPGs to be featured in later episodes too, which I'm really looking forward to seeing. Presenting them in a way that is compelling with time constraints must be difficult and it'll be interesting to see how they do it.

Salazar

Officials in Adelaide have voiced their disappointment at revelations that US singer Cher had apparently put her key to the city up for sale on internet auction house eBay.

lmao

Uni all day tomorrow. Got to catch commuter train :(

I don't envy you at all. Luckily I get on at the first busstop on my bus route, so I always end up with a seat during peak hour on the way home.

Death penalty is never a deterrent Shan. Especially for people with nothing to lose.

:(

What a waste of life... for everyone involved in the drug trade.

Kritz

Banned
Here's something I thought I'd share in case anyone who may be interested isn't aware. If you want to see maybe some new games of the tabletop variety, Wil Wheaton has teamed up with Felicia Day to bring you:

Tabletop

The fact that Day[9]/Sean Plott is one of the players in the first episode may be a draw-card for some who might not ordinarily be interested in something like this. I've always liked his personality and find him very funny.

I'm glad there's something out there like this to show people how fun this hobby can be. It's a great way to show people what's great about it without them having to sit down at a table and play to understand; they can easily see for themselves how fun it really is.

I believe there are some RPGs to be featured in later episodes too, which I'm really looking forward to seeing. Presenting them in a way that is compelling with time constraints must be difficult and it'll be interesting to see how they do it.

I saw his Catan one a day or two ago on Reddit. In theory I like the idea, however, I'd actually prefer watching an entire game unfold rather than the cliffnotes you get.

For example, the Penny Arcade dnd podcasts span about five hours per game. I'd love for that to be the same here. Even if they can't shoot that much video, a podcast of the entire game or heck even some live streams would be so much more engaging than just telling the viewers that a game you can't play because nobody you know plays tabletops is cool.

I feel like I am the only person on GAF who doesn't enjoy Wil Wheaton or Felicia Day.

I'm not even sure how to explain it.

Also chicken schnitzels taste divine on a winters day.

Danoss

I saw his Catan one a day or two ago on Reddit. In theory I like the idea, however, I'd actually prefer watching an entire game unfold rather than the cliffnotes you get.

For example, the Penny Arcade dnd podcasts span about five hours per game. I'd love for that to be the same here. Even if they can't shoot that much video, a podcast of the entire game or heck even some live streams would be so much more engaging than just telling the viewers that a game you can't play because nobody you know plays tabletops is cool.

So are you saying you'd like to see SydGAF livestream their games?

I heard in an interview with Wil that Tabletop will feature the game 'Fiasco', and I am confident these will be fun episodes to watch. Fiasco is fantastic and will show some ridiculous and hilarious RP. I listened to an actual play of it where Greg Stolze played the captain on a ship as Zapp Brannigan and it was hysterical. I'm trying to get my group to give this a go when our D&D campaign is finished.

I feel like I am the only person on GAF who doesn't enjoy Wil Wheaton or Felicia Day.

I'm not even sure how to explain it.

Nope, I know exactly what you mean. I find Wil Wheaton quite smug and a bit of a knob in most of the things he's in. I also wish he'd shut up about dying in the PA D&D game, he did something stupid and got mad because the rest of the party didn't meta-game to save him. If they did that, he'd be mad because they meta-gamed. It also happened years ago. I did listen to an interview with him and he came across as a genuinely nice guy that I could see myself getting along with; so it seems if you put a camera or microphone in front of him around people, the jackass switch activates.

Felicia Day isn't my cup of tea either. I think she pushes the "hey, I like games and I'm a girl, can you believe it?!" thing a bit far. I get the impression she thinks she's a hero for it. I congratulate her for being successful and I won't deny she has cool ideas, I just find her irritating.

I appreciate what they do, and they're good at it. Their visible personalities just rub me the wrong way.

Choc

Banned
delta1.jpg

gorgeous she may be but she sucks with winning people on the voice

Oh, video game related celeb? Points deduction!

The episode she did with day 9 was pretty cool. She also made a mini series about Dragon Age, but I haven't seen it. She's okay, I guess. I don't dislike her, but I'm not a fan of hers either.

Agreed, but reason doesn't gel with addicts. There probably should be travel bans on known addicts to countries with death penalties, for their own good.

Hm... It seems hard to monitor, especially if smugglers aren't addicts (or known addicts). It would be better than doing nothing, I suppose.

WilWheaton.jpg

just look at that smug face.

Wasn't he in Brisbane over the weekend for supanova?

Choc

Banned
Agreed that Seal completely destroys her in cred

but surely she should be able to take on Joel and Keith a lot more

especially in Australia.

even Guy sebastians bro didnt choose her rofl, and guy is like her best friend

edit: i predict once the blind auditions are over, it will tank

this is the only interesting point, after which it becomes idol

Danoss

Just watching Ep1 of that series now Danoss, cheers for the link :)

Happy to oblige.

Day9 shines in whatever he does. I mean, I'm a big fan of his show and I don't even own starcraft. Says a lot about his charm.

I haven't watched it for a while, but I used to watch his show often too and I don't like StarCraft at all. He's incredibly charming and witty. I won't ever forget his 'trumpets' video, that had me in stitches.

Gazunta

Wasn't he in Brisbane over the weekend for supanova?
Yep. $80 to get your photo with him. If I could charge that much I'd have a smug grin on my face all the time. as it is it's 9:30 the night after and I'm still pumping out commission sketches people bought on Sunday. Grrr

All the celebrities there and the only time the wife got star struck was when Danielle from Masterchef just happened to walk by. Ha.

I haven't watched it for a while, but I used to watch his show often too and I don't like StarCraft at all. He's incredibly charming and witty. I won't ever forget his 'trumpets' video, that had me in stitches.

Oh man, that was his finest hour. I still cry when I watch it. I really liked watching the fail games as well.

No way that kid is 15. No way. He's so tiny... and polite and innocent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom