• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. $80 to get your photo with him. If I could charge that much I'd have a smug grin on my face all the time. as it is it's 9:30 the night after and I'm still pumping out commission sketches people bought on Sunday. Grrr

All the celebrities there and the only time the wife got star struck was when Danielle from Masterchef just happened to walk by. Ha.

My friend came to stay with me from Perth for the weekend just so she could go to supanova and get a photo with the phelps twins (Fred and George Weasley). She worked three jobs so she could afford it. You think $80 for the photo was a lot :p

I heard tiffany hates beards.

D: Drama!

The first phrase I learnt in Japan, actually, was ひげだめ! (Beards, no way!) so take that how you will..
I have nothing against beards personally, but the Japanese girls who taught me seemed to. Then again they were 16.

Choc

Banned
Whilst sexual harassment is disgusting so is the liberals attempt to capitalise politically onthis to force an election

They don't get the infinite damage the economy could suffer if an election was called just before the budget is due

But being so one eyed and selfish and power hungry this does not surprise me

Jintor

I like Wil because I hear a lot of him on Penny-Arcade related things and he seems fine. I wish PA would do more podcasts and less video content. A lot of their strip-making podcasts are incredible.

Felicia Day I can take or leave. She was great in Doctor Horrible and that's all that I've really watched of hers. The DA stuff seemed stupid but whatever.

Jintor

Also help how do I learn Japanese vocab

these い adjectives and な adjectives are screwing me over :|

lol, I think my mum said that to some ticket guy who was letting everyone but her in. "shinde kudasai. jikoku ni itte kudasai".

naaah, its not so hard once you get the hang of it ^^ If it ends in い you leave it be (except for words with one i like kirei), and add な to all the other ones! Which part is screwing you over?

Cohsae

You guys have GOTS to check out Girls on HBO. The sex scene at the start of the 2nd episode is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

That there's lots of them :T

;.; Here I cannot help you. Vocab has always been my weakest point. Cause I freak out that its bad not to know the kanji, but then learning the kanji will take longer, so then I just don't study anything.
Here are some neat ones I never learnt in class: ださい - lame, びみょう - meh/ complicated めんどうくさい - I can't be bothered/ its too much effort. いっぱいつかってください
. Really though, you can probably get by on about 5 - 10 of the most common ones :p interesting, great, cute, cold, hot, boring etc

EDIT:

buy that v

Deeku

Jint, if you're serious about this jpn business, invest in a beginner grammar dictionary. It's really really really good.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/4789004546/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Just read through mine in 2 weeks and was a real good refresher. Also learnt some stuff too! Going through the intermediate one now, but muuuuuuch slower lol.

Jintor

I have a few friends on NG+. Hope they're doing good work. (I'm studying)

Eff Geoff, that guy's famous enough!

Christ, Check, this music vid is fucking balls out insane. Good music but.

Choc

Banned
so the F1 is being replayed on ONE HD right now

and its in HD

smh, they took the HD feed recorded it, but didnt show it at the same tim

Jintor

You guys have GOTS to check out Girls on HBO. The sex scene at the start of the 2nd episode is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

My friend is supes into this series.

Personally, I need to catch up on Gaming with Thrones this season...

Wait, so we have to wait 4 months extra for the Arkham City GOTY edition? Why? It is a repack of all the DLC with the game. This makes no sense.

Maybe the localisation team needs those 4 months to translate all the fucking text on this abomination of a game cover.

6666666666666k3ce8.png

Classy art in the middle ruined by PIMP MY GAME shit.

Import here I come! Choo choo!

Bernbaum

This Software Engineering degree has been and continues to be one of the most immensely satisfying things I've done with my life.

Fantastic for you. Sucks that few others are on the same vibe. If you're lucky to end up in a workplace that's filled with like-minded people than a rewarding existence is your prize. A cash value can never be put on that. I took a $17k pay cut for effectively that and have never looked back.

Other people can make or break anything.

They applaud because they are trained that way, They are not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.

Creepiest shit in the world.

I feel like I am the only person on GAF who doesn't enjoy Wil Wheaton or Felicia Day.

They constitute two of the three people on my Google+ feed that still use Google+. I log into Google+ whenever I want to learn what Day and Wheaton are up to. It's been a long time since logging into Google+.

Wait, so we have to wait 4 months extra for the Arkham City GOTY edition? Why? It is a repack of all the DLC with the game. This makes no sense.

Maybe the localisation team needs those 4 months to translate all the fucking text on this abomination of a game cover.

http://h13.abload.de/img/6666666666666k3ce8.png[IMG]

Classy art in the middle ruined by PIMP MY GAME shit.

Import here I come! Choo choo![/QUOTE]

Someone who is most likely well-trained as a graphic designer was commissioned with the brief for that design. Must have been torture.

Peagles

Yo AusGaf!
Just thought I'd pop a note in here, I'm desperately seeking Aus/NZ Club Nintendo codes to get enough stars for the Gold Nunchuk and I'm so close!
I've got spare codes to swap and cash to give, so PM me if you have any!!!
Thanks in advance :)

Shaneus

So, Matthew Newton has been arrested for battery in the US. Why are there so many negative stories about him? Can't he just do something positive for once?!?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I like how max Payne 3 is 35gb for pc. I might have to ozgameshop it, issue that's a big and long download on my bandwidth.

I hope it's over the top due to high res assets and all that, not shitty optimization.

Clipper

I like how max Payne 3 is 35gb for pc. I might have to ozgameshop it, issue that's a big and long download on my bandwidth.

I hope it's over the top due to high res assets and all that, not shitty optimization.

That can't be right. It would need to be on 5 DVDs as a retail copy...

Space Marine is $8.92 on EU Steam.

Someone who is most likely well-trained as a graphic designer was commissioned with the brief for that design. Must have been torture.
I'm sure everyone of their designs were rejected and the notes read, "BIGGER PR TEXT PLEAZE". Would have been better of running a damn Facebook contest for it.

So, Matthew Newton has been arrested for battery in the US. Why are there so many negative stories about him? Can't he just do something positive for once?!?
Drug addict will drug addict. Needs to get into a clinic for a long stay and get himself back on the path. Until he does that he will keep going off the rails.

magenta

Maybe, they claim it was developed in parallel with the console version and has DirectX 11. Could be all those high-res textures.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I do hope it actually is HQ assets. Even cutscenes in like 720p or even 1080p taking up space. PC users have been asking for that stuff for ages now, no more brink/blink/whatever that fucking bad codec is that companies keep using.

My work needs a heater. I'm frozen, my clothes are wet. I still need an umbrella.

Rage was 20GB and that sorta wasn't worth it. So nearly needing double the size, fuck. If it is HQ stuff then i'm totally happy to give it 35GB of space.

Good news on the steam front. No longer banning your account if there's something off. That gives me more hope with DD stores, especially steam.

Jintor

That looks horrid. I think they forgot that it's a game box, not a magazine cover.

Give us some credit. Our clovers be classy. Not... GameInformer classy, but classy.

I had the greatest set of dreams and they all dispersed upon waking. All I remember was that I was convinced the second lot - a set of short skits about Australian politics that turned into supremely entertaining music numbers - actually existed. Unfortunately, they don't, and now they're lost forever :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom