• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

Aww. Not as exciting as I thought it would have been!

From memory there was 15 for the HolyCheck attempted Dota2 tournament. 3 groups of 5 I guess. A fourth would have made it nice but 3 groups should do the job.

Now holy just needs to figure out how he wants to create the system. How many points are to be awarded. How long it should go on for and so on.

go holy go!

Magic:

GrbdN.jpg

hamchan

Today and tomorrow are DOTA NIGHTS!!!!

I don't even care if we do the tournament or not. Just want do inhouses or teaming up with AusGAF to so some matchmaking.

Card Boy

Banned
Today and tomorrow are DOTA NIGHTS!!!!

I don't even care if we do the tournament or not. Just want do inhouses or teaming up with AusGAF to so some matchmaking.

I wish the game had Oceanic servers. I feel like i'm always at a disadvantage playing at 250 to 400 ping. Even playing on the South East Asian servers i still get the same ridiculous pings.

Even HoN had servers for every single country including Australia.

Frawdder

I'm up for some Dota 2 tonight or tomorrow night (or Thursday night now that my work hours have been cut back which is both good and bad, get Thursdays off but less money). I haven't played for a while so I'm still as clueless as ever.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Aww. Not as exciting as I thought it would have been!

From memory there was 15 for the HolyCheck attempted Dota2 tournament. 3 groups of 5 I guess. A fourth would have made it nice but 3 groups should do the job.

Now holy just needs to figure out how he wants to create the system. How many points are to be awarded. How long it should go on for and so on.

go holy go!

Magic:

GrbdN.jpg

legend166, unmuted.
Marshymallow the reluctant carry.
Fogz, who leapt through time.
Aonshix Karst the Third, Prophet of the Dead.
Hamchan, the silent killer
Rahk, he is phone
Jintor, who knows Dark secrets in his Soul(s).
Shan Shan, whose boyfriend?!!?!?!?!
Wonzo the scholar.
HolyCheck the Earthshaking Leather Gracket.
Frawdder
Kritz
Rezbit, #1 fan of Channel 10s Offspring
Ridonk, PINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPING
Doncamatic - didnt sign up but doesnt get a choice

Marsh, Ridonk and Donc

from the above list take turns picking players

I'm going to flip some coins now and determine the order.

ok i flipped three coins, marsh beat ridonk, ridonk beat donc, donc beat marsh. we have a tie breaker

will flip more after lunch, but yes.

then we will have 3 teams and we will do a tournament of each team plays each team! and then from that ranking we will have i dont know but we will have teams and we can sort the rest out after

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I thought I made the 15th player, Guess if i throw my name down i'm 16th.

Guess I will stick to doing what I do best. Perv Observe.

also my hands are pink, that cant be good. right?

Card Boy

Banned
My eyes are bleeding from Beat Hazard Ultra.

Also apparently Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition doesn't need an online pass and we can play it on our PSN/XBL accounts.

Danoss

Okay, so with the successful backing of the Dinocalypse Trilogy on Kickstarter, I received PDF copies of the PnP RPG 'Spirit of the Century' and its supplement 'Spirit of the Season'.

Spirit of the Century is a pulp RPG which uses the FATE system. It's quite different from anything you may have played before. You use your imagination to create your character, it's not just numbers on a page, your back-story matters and you will have a partly shared back-story with some other players at your table. This back-story forms part of who your character is and also becomes what he/she can do in a very cool way. It's a great method to create your character that ultimately feels less contrived when your characters meet to begin your campaign. That's just chargen, the coolness goes way beyond that.

Why am I rambling on about this? Well, I already own this game and the supplement, so the additional PDFs don't do anything for me. I thought if anyone else would make use of them, I'd give them away. I did first get permission from the appropriate authority:

mBv3D.png

Instead of heading over to the PnP RPG thread, I thought I'd give AusGAF first crack at it. I know most of AusGAF aren't big RPers, I still can't get enough interest for the game I want to run, but more on that later. If you play RPGs with your friends and want to run this game, let me know and it's yours. If not, that's fine, I'm sure someone else over in the RPG thread would make use of it. If you're not going to use it, please don't take it. This offer isn't on the table long, since the lack of interest in my game indicates there isn't likely to be interest in this either.

Edit: Now taken to the RPG thread.

I have seen some shops in my time Omi, I am not impressed.

Pro tip: never buy a windows phone or HTC phones. Poo poo to both of them.
I can agree with that. Everyone I know with either hate them.

Rez. What's with your random posts? The first one was about latex, I figured you might have just had sex for the first time. Now the second one makes no sense. Is it a GRMM book thing?!
I Left My Heart in Rubacava

remz

my house internet is down due to reasons TPG don't really seem to know :( something wrong with the line or something

having to dislodge trash using the phantom juice I found in a hallway is silent hill 2 was really weird

senahorse

Which is also irrelevant being that they rely on humans only for such calls. The linesman/ref made a bad call but that's football. Football is also about taking dives (something that really irks me about the sport). It would be nice if they could invent a system that used video to make calls but didn't slow the game down, or at least impose heavy penalties on players for doing dodgy shit /dream state.

Omikron

Which is also irrelevant being that they rely on humans only for such calls. The linesman/ref made a bad call but that's football. Football is also about taking dives (something that really irks me about the sport). It would be nice if they could invent a system that used video to make calls but didn't slow the game down, or at least impose heavy penalties on players for doing dodgy shit /dream state.

It is nice to want things.

Rahk

Na that sorta breaks the lanes. 3 x 5 is good with maybe some subs if people can't turn up.
4v4 works fine. Doesn't really break the lanes, you'll often see someone soloing a side lane even in 5v5 games.

Sure, choosing your team's lord composition will be different and the game will play differently overall, but it's still fun.

Choc

Banned
A man sat at a metro station in Washington DC and started to play the violin; it was a cold January morning. He played six Bach pieces for about 45 minutes. During that time, since it was rush hour, it was calculated that 1,100 people went through the station, most of them on their way to work.

Three minutes went by, and a middle aged man noticed there was musician playing. He slowed his pace, and stopped for a few seconds, and then hurried up to meet his schedule.

A minute later, the violinist received his first dollar tip: a woman threw the money in the till and without stopping, and continued to walk.

A few minutes later, someone leaned against the wall to listen to him, but the man looked at his watch and started to walk again. Clearly he was late for work.

The one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy. His mother tagged him along, hurried, but the kid stopped to look at the violinist. Finally, the mother pushed hard, and the child continued to walk, turning his head all the time. This action was repeated by several other children. All the parents, without exception, forced them to move on.

In the 45 minutes the musician played, only 6 people stopped and stayed for a while. About 20 gave him money, but continued to walk their normal pace. He collected $32. When he finished playing and silence took over, no one noticed it. No one applauded, nor was there any recognition.

No one knew this, but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the most talented musicians in the world. He had just played one of the most intricate pieces ever written, on a violin worth $3.5 million dollars.

Two days before his playing in the subway, Joshua Bell sold out at a theater in Boston where the seats averaged $100.

This is a real story. Joshua Bell playing incognito in the metro station was organized by the Washington Post as part of a social experiment about perception, taste, and priorities of people. The outlines were: in a commonplace environment at an inappropriate hour: Do we perceive beauty? Do we stop to appreciate it? Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected context?

Yagharek

Perhaps you should ponder that choc when raging against the theatrics of avant garde Albanian mime artists posing as footballers.

Fredescu

The outlines were: in a commonplace environment at an inappropriate hour: Do we perceive beauty? Do we stop to appreciate it? Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected context?
I don't think it's just "an unexpected context" but a context specifically about transit. We put ourselves in a certain frame of mind when we're travelling, we're focused on the goal we have in mind. The kids obviously aren't so focused, so they want to stop and see something they don't usually see. If it was somewhere where people are in a more relaxed mindset, I reckon the guy would have gotten more attention. Is the fact that we're more receptive to beauty in some moments rather than others necessarily a bad thing? I don't think so.

Could my shitty laptop handle dota? I can play LoL at like 15fps haha :(

edit:

This is a really interesting blog article and you should all read it.

http://neososmos.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/soccer-and-anzac.html

If you are interested in sports and / or history.

TIL there's a australian sport called Trugo

You guys have GOTS to check out Girls on HBO. The sex scene at the start of the 2nd episode is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

I watched the trailer after seeing the GAF thread on it. I'll watch it.

I haven't watched it for a while, but I used to watch his show often too and I don't like StarCraft at all. He's incredibly charming and witty. I won't ever forget his 'trumpets' video, that had me in stitches.

I like the trumpets.

midonnay

I watched the first episode of Girls the other day. Has potential, will continue watching.

the movie the series seems to be based on, Tiny Furniture, is also pretty funny if you can stand insufferable Gen Y'ers with entitlement complexes .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom