• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a burger from Mos Burger today, not as mind blowing as I had been lead to believe. Will try them again in a few weeks once its died down a bit. Any burger suggestions? I had the teriyaki chicken today.

I watched the first episode of Girls the other day. Has potential, will continue watching.

It's interesting, will give it a few more episodes to make my mind up.

I don't think it's just "an unexpected context" but a context specifically about transit. We put ourselves in a certain frame of mind when we're travelling, we're focused on the goal we have in mind. The kids obviously aren't so focused, so they want to stop and see something they don't usually see. If it was somewhere where people are in a more relaxed mindset, I reckon the guy would have gotten more attention. Is the fact that we're more receptive to beauty in some moments rather than others necessarily a bad thing? I don't think so.

Agreed. When I'm catching public transport, its the last place on earth I want to be.

Though speaking of buskers there was a really good one the other day (which I gave money to), which kind of shocked me as they are usually terrible. Though he wasn't playing a $3.5 million dollar guitar so I'm sure it doesn't count.

Salazar

Around ten to six ?

Blue jumper, green trousers, no will to live evident on his face ?

Or morning bus, maybe.

My first thought on reading that post was that you were the girl called Jo I got introduced to this afternoon, and that I am the biggest idiot in the world. Glad that this is not the case.

But you were sitting sliiightly too far away.

Throw something next time.

Deeku

My first thought on reading that post was that you were the girl called Jo I got introduced to this afternoon, and that I am the biggest idiot in the world. Glad that this is not the case.
Oh man, if only!

I would be terrified if I randomly bumped into someone from here without knowing about it in advance.

Salazar

I would be terrified if I randomly bumped into someone from here without knowing about it in advance.

The only genuinely terrifying posters in here are Choc and Vince.

I did see vaguely Shan-like girls towards the front of the bus, but I was only half-functioning by that stage.

Salazar

Oh yeah, well tiffany can't sing!

tumblr_m2ol6c1lie1r4gqsubp.gif

Even if this were true - and it is not - she is fabulous enough to be in the group on merit.

Yagharek

Choc doesn't post conspiracy theories. Or if he does, only minor ones. We've both posted on a forum with batshit insane conspiracy theorists, so I know a real nut when I see one.

Salazar

Email is horrible.

It produces its own artificial and ghastly rhythm of social interaction and expectation.

People you want to write don't write or stop writing. And I don't write, because why ?

And today I find that doofus Clive James got himself sprung having an affair because his wife found emailed pics (which he had requested, smh smh).

I dislike talking to people and prefer the distance of email. And then as usual today I had an email exchange with someone that was heading in circles so called them and explained why things wouldn't magically work how they wanted. Took 2 minutes. Still prefer email.

Salazar

Listen, if someone will give me money for it... ;__;

Slipperiest ethical slope ever.

Ms Edelsten said that before and after intimacy they had a cup of tea and a Cherry Ripe. ''The guy's a legend. He's a prime example of use it or lose it, in every sense of the word.''

Clive, you are some kind of genius. And a fool, naturally.

Ms Edelsten, you are not acquitting yourself well. A man's pre and post-coital Cherry Ripes are his own business.

Jintor

I look back on my entire chosen career path and despair, to be perfectly frank

Hopefully I can veer into science journalism somewhere along the line...

How can you marry that which is not human or mammal.

If anyone sees Mass Effect 2 on 360 cheap, post links!
$26 at LOGS or $29 at JB. Fuck ME2 had a terrible cover >_<

Wario64 banned? What is this madness!
He had been really pushing his luck lately, taking the shtick too far.

Also SalsaShark is FINALLY back!

I dislike talking to people and prefer the distance of email. And then as usual today I had an email exchange with someone that was heading in circles so called them and explained why things wouldn't magically work how they wanted. Took 2 minutes. Still prefer email.
Email leaves a paper trail, which is incredibly handy and forcing people to do what you want and to fuck people in the arsehole when they don't do the right thing. Nothing more satisfying than tearing a clownshoe to pieces by forwarding old emails to multiple recipients to point out that they don't do their job very well.

Yagharek

I look back on my entire chosen career path and despair, to be perfectly frank..

This is probably normal for most people. I had to change what I was doing when I came to the realisation it would only head towards academia, something I'm not suited to. Depression soon followed, concurrent with working retail.

You'll find something enjoyable some day. It just might not be anything you're considering now.

Salazar

I look back on the last month with despair.

I am the world's biggest social doofus and I don't think my head will ever be right again.

Is the Sniper Elite demo good ?

Email is godlike for work purposes.

Email leaves a paper trail, which is incredibly handy and forcing people to do what you want

Indeed. Learned my lesson early on. The best approach is to call someone to get things sorted fast and then email a confirmation for follow up. Quick and a trail for arse covering! Still still prefer email so I don't have to talk to those jerk workmates I don't want to speak to.

Choc

Banned
I look back on my entire chosen career path and despair, to be perfectly frank

Hopefully I can veer into science journalism somewhere along the line...

Never do something that your hearts not in. You will end up a miserable old person wondering what you did with your life

yes its taken a ridiculous amount of time to do your degree and work, but seriously if you hate it, don't do it

People are not good at things they dont like doing.

edit: you need to keep every email you send and get, seriously no matter how big it is. Because one day it will save your arse as it has mine many times (when people said i didnt do shit and it was someone else who didnt after i asked them to do it)

Axiom

I am aching to see Avengers, but not midnight on a night like this aching.

There's a new Doctor Who game coming out for PS3 and Vita and they are doing a limited retail release through Amazon UK, it won't let me buy it due to being Australian.

Being part of the commonwealth seems extra pointless now.

How the hell do I get around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom