• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone go to the dawn service?

Because I had a nice sleep in, and I'm paying for it now with my assignment.

The violinist story is nice, but I have a feeling most people didn't stop because they were late for work rather than because they didn't think he was worthy of listening to.

I think it was an experiment by the Washington Post that was true in 2007 but people only gradually become aware of it. I've heard about it about three or four times now by people thinking it was recent.

Snopes says it had been performed 77 years earlier as well btw, though that's an example of similar lines of thinking rather than plagiarism

Totally true. Gene Weingarten won a Pulitzer for it. It's a pretty incredible story.

I am aching to see Avengers, but not midnight on a night like this aching.

Avenger is ducking rad, dudes

Super goddamn keen. I've got tomorrow off work so I think I'll check it out then.

8e26851a8e6c11e19dc71231380fe523_7.jpg

Best breakfast all week, totally worth getting up at 5am for. $2 well spent.

Rezbit

I only just woke up D:

Random epic sleep.

Also Dota 2 was Dotarrific last night. We almost thought Kritz was amazing with a 10-0-10 performance, then he goes and starts gossiping with Aon and not watching what he was doing...lols.

Jintor

So is there a place on Xbox Live where I can check my bought games and redownload them? Because that seems like a major fucking oversight if there isn't.

Shaneus

Bored on your ANZAC day, AusGAFfers?

Check this shit out
(it's a stream of some HAM radio channel out of LA. It sounds like it might be awesome.)
Today, the 147.435 repeater in the Los Angeles area covers a good portion of Southern California, and it has been accepted in the amateur radio community that otherwise questionable communications takes place there and is tolerated. The fact that communications takes place on a specific frequency means that one has the option to select a different frequency that has communications that they do not find objectionable if need be. It is also known in the amateur radio community that the 147.435 repeater has a free speech policy, and also not for the faint of heart.
Edit: Wow.

Reptile: You probably know this already.
Awesome! The funniest gaming studio in the world gains another awesomely funny employee. Only good can come of this. Especially if Bill Tiller becomes their Art Director (pretty please!).

So is there a place on Xbox Live where I can check my bought games and redownload them? Because that seems like a major fucking oversight if there isn't.

90% sure you can check a list of it on the website.

Jintor

That's not me lol. I should probably clarify when reblogging art. I like that style though, might try and emulate it more.

I haven't drawn in months :T

you should possibly see it on marketplace.xbox.com when you login

edit : fuckin reptile :p

90% sure you can check a list of it on the website.

Nothing from the actual on-console UI though which is the place where I actually want to download the stuff too?!?!?!

Kind of a moot point though, downloading is going so ridiculously slowly I might as well not have bothered with the switches and shite

Nothing from the actual on-console UI though which is the place where I actually want to download the stuff too?!?!?!
How come you can't see your list of owned items inside the xbox ui? Amazing.

lol why would MS want you to be able to easily check what to redownload, they would prefer you to just buy other, new games instead. I am fairly certain I remember checking my purchase history on the OG dashboard (still the best functionality) but the new dashboard is all about apps dudes. Fuck games and gamers, they aren't important.

So yeah, go to xbox.com. Log in. Click on My Account. The second column on the page called Marketplace History has a link to Purchase History. To the far right of each item is a link for Add to queue, use that to get it downloading on your 360 when you turn it on. Works but not as well as the PSN solution.

Kritz

Banned
That's not me lol. I should probably clarify when reblogging art. I like that style though, might try and emulate it more.

I also kind of suspected that was what you were doing.

I dunno, the heads still kinda had that O'Malley curve to them. Okay, maybe not.

I do really like the linework on that drawing though, how the line inverts its colour in darker areas. That's a kind of, um, finesse that I've never really been good at doing.

The faces kinda remind me of Scott Kurtz / Gabe's thing.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!

Kind of a moot point though, downloading is going so ridiculously slowly I might as well not have bothered with the switches and shite
Account Management -> Download History on the console..

Danoss

jldzp.png

If you enjoy playing PnP RPGs or it's something that interests/intrigues you, please don't skip over this post.

There was a group of AusGAF members that at one point, were playing D&D together. For some of them, the allure of playing a traditional RPG, or even the name Dungeons & Dragons sounded like an attractive prospect to participate in. Unfortunately, the reality of playing that game is far different from what (I assume) many of them may have envisioned it as being. It is slow and plodding, with many rules that slow the game down, and a design that is restrictive. When a player asks "can I do this?" the answer they want to hear is "yes, and XX happens"; sadly the answers provided for them were "no, you can't". No one wants to hear that, it's not fun and it's not constructive.

I'm hoping that some of the people who found the idea of playing that game appealing in the first place, perhaps some that have come around on the idea, or maybe someone who is at least the slightest bit curious would be willing to give it another try. This time, the game won't be the well known D&D, but something completely different. There are a multitude of RPGs out there, many different themes and genres and systems, with different styles of play encouraged in each; D&D is just one of these, and honestly, it isn't really that good.

My proposition is this: At least to start with, I would like to run a game for those that want to play an RPG for the first time ever, or maybe they want to get back in the saddle after a long hiatus. This game requires no commitment at all, I will keep it short so that it could be run over one night, with a chance of spilling over to a second night, depending on how things go. If you enjoy it and want to play it again, that's great, if not, there's no hard feelings.

If you're new and feel that you may not be very good, don't be. I'm new to running these games, so I'm in the same boat as you. If you want to learn and have a bit of fun that you haven't experienced before, we can learn and have that fun together. This style of game is all about sharing, teaching and enjoying each-others company. New-comers are especially welcome as they bring fresh ideas and a fresh perspective to the table. It's an easy game to learn. All you need is a microphone, mumble and your imagination.

Two cool AusGAF members have noted themselves as interested in playing, we just need some more to kick things off. I'm hoping this last call for interest will grab the extra players we need to make this happen. Don't be shy, it's easy to learn and fun to play. If it sounds like something you might be interested in trying, please let me know in this thread or via PM and we can organise a night that suits all players.

So I found a team generator and put everyone in to generate Dota teams, and got this:

(For some reason all the teams are dinosaurs, we can change that)

Velociraptors

Rahk, he is phone
Kritz
Rezbit, #1 fan of Channel 10s Offspring
Wonzo the scholar.

Triceratops

Shan Shan, whose boyfriend?!!?!?!?!
Ridonk, PINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPING
legend166, unmuted.
Frawdder

Stegosaurus

HolyCheck the Earthshaking Leather Gracket.
Marshymallow the reluctant carry.
Hamchan, the silent killer
Jintor, who knows Dark secrets in his Soul(s).

T-Rex

Doncamatic - didnt sign up but doesnt get a choice
Fogz, who leapt through time.
Aonshix Karst the Third, Prophet of the Dead.
Evl Cookie

Are those teams even or should I sort 'em again?

Shaneus

Awesome! The funniest gaming studio in the world gains another awesomely funny employee. Only good can come of this. Especially if Bill Tiller becomes their Art Director (pretty please!).
Yeah, I'd love to know what capacity it's in. Given he's a great match for a number of things (music, community manager, writer) I can't wait to hear what he'll actually be doing. Hopefully nothing community-related though, he's far more talented than to be doing that.

Did you also feel that he never really suited the ethos of Irrational? DF seems like a far more appropriate workplace.

Also, totes seeing Avengers (in 3D.. not great with my everglasses, but eh) this arvo. Quite literally don't know anything about it, so kinda curious.

And another thing: Bent (the TV show) is actually alright. Amanda Peet's kinda funny and Jeffrey Tambor is in it.

Rezbit

But they have the team name velociraptors, so it makes up for it right?

I'll sort 'em again. Who are the top 4ish best people? I wanna make sure there's one a team...

Essentially we can pair crap people with one of the "big 3" (Marshy, Donk, Donc). So the other team will need at least 2 pretty decent players (So like a Rahk/Ham, Aon/Fogz etc.)

Just a thought.

Essentially we can pair crap people with one of the "big 3" (Marshy, Donk, Donc). So the other team will need at least 2 pretty decent players (So like a Rahk/Ham, Aon/Fogz etc.)

Just a thought.

How's this?

Velociraptors

Triceratops

Rahk, he is phone
Wonzo the scholar.

Stegosaurus

legend166, unmuted.
Kritz

T-Rex

Evl Cookie
Frawdder

Rahk

Yeah, put Kritz with Aon so they get distracted and talk about nonsense all game so the other teams can win.

jldzp.png

If you enjoy playing PnP RPGs or it's something that interests/intrigues you, please don't skip over this post.

There was a group of AusGAF members that at one point, were playing D&D together. For some of them, the allure of playing a traditional RPG, or even the name Dungeons & Dragons sounded like an attractive prospect to participate in. Unfortunately, the reality of playing that game is far different from what (I assume) many of them may have envisioned it as being. It is slow and plodding, with many rules that slow the game down, and a design that is restrictive. When a player asks "can I do this?" the answer they want to hear is "yes, and XX happens"; sadly the answers provided for them were "no, you can't". No one wants to hear that, it's not fun and it's not constructive.

I'm hoping that some of the people who found the idea of playing that game appealing in the first place, perhaps some that have come around on the idea, or maybe someone who is at least the slightest bit curious would be willing to give it another try. This time, the game won't be the well known D&D, but something completely different. There are a multitude of RPGs out there, many different themes and genres and systems, with different styles of play encouraged in each; D&D is just one of these, and honestly, it isn't really that good.

My proposition is this: At least to start with, I would like to run a game for those that want to play an RPG for the first time ever, or maybe they want to get back in the saddle after a long hiatus. This game requires no commitment at all, I will keep it short so that it could be run over one night, with a chance of spilling over to a second night, depending on how things go. If you enjoy it and want to play it again, that's great, if not, there's no hard feelings.

If you're new and feel that you may not be very good, don't be. I'm new to running these games, so I'm in the same boat as you. If you want to learn and have a bit of fun that you haven't experienced before, we can learn and have that fun together. This style of game is all about sharing, teaching and enjoying each-others company. New-comers are especially welcome as they bring fresh ideas and a fresh perspective to the table. It's an easy game to learn. All you need is a microphone, mumble and your imagination.

Two cool AusGAF members have noted themselves as interested in playing, we just need some more to kick things off. I'm hoping this last call for interest will grab the extra players we need to make this happen. Don't be shy, it's easy to learn and fun to play. If it sounds like something you might be interested in trying, please let me know in this thread or via PM and we can organise a night that suits all players.
Not sure if it's something I'd stick with, but I could probably try out a game once and see how it goes.

hamchan

So I found a team generator and put everyone in to generate Dota teams, and got this:

(For some reason all the teams are dinosaurs, we can change that)

Velociraptors

Rahk, he is phone
Kritz
Wonzo the scholar.

Triceratops

legend166, unmuted.
Frawdder

Stegosaurus

T-Rex

Evl Cookie

Are those teams even or should I sort 'em again?

These teams seem even to me, I say go with this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom