• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

If this where I post an animated gif?

I got you a copy because of our pre-order issues

nF8wPl.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
inventory, graphics, art direction

I think these things are all just changed just enough to make it new. Some people are crying bloody murder that it doesnt look play and feel like diablo 2.1

Isn't the inventory the same? You still need to make sure shit fits in by the shapes of each item.

Graphics and art direction are to be expected I would have thought for a sequel to a 12 year old game. Plus it's a blurry mess without the mod!

I just find this and gamers to be odd. I'm sure ubi ditched the always online drm for ass creed rev but now that gamers have accepted blizzards cock, I can only assume other developers and ubi included will look at this and be all like, hey online drm is accepted now, let's use it. Only to then get angry outrage by gamers because we are fucking useless in our decisions.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Isn't the inventory the same? You still need to make sure shit fits in by the shapes of each item.

Graphics and art direction are to be expected I would have thought for a sequel to a 12 year old game. Plus it's a blurry mess without the mod!

I just find this and gamers to be odd. I'm sure ubi ditched the always online drm for ass creed rev but now that gamers have accepted blizzards cock, I can only assume other developers and ubi included will look at this and be all like, hey online drm is accepted now, let's use it. Only to then get angry outrage by gamers because we are fucking useless in our decisions.

Nope, all items are now just 2squares, except potions / gems / scrolls. potions stack

PJ9PK.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
let me know if any one wants a guest pass to have a go tonight? or if urs hasnt arrived yet you can use one and then continue yourchar when your game arrives tomorrow :)

markot

Banned
Whats awesome is that you cant play the game yet!

If it was ubi youd all be vomiting bile, instead its just vomit rainbows.

lol, I'd forgotten that we can only buy MS Funbux in 500 and x000 increments. Gotten too used to the "pay in real money, and only the amount you need" of the eShop. Sony's got the first bit going, but not the second. They both need to get up to speed.

And there you have it

Mirror for when it's inevitably fixed.
lol awesome. I love obvious trolling like that and Wikipedia.

If this where I post an animated gif?
einsteinwithhistoungueout.jpg would have worked perfect

Know what I love about GOG? This sort of shit.
(Damnit, I have to buy it now, don't I, rs?)

Um, guys. Only just found out that there's 3DFX support for DOSbox (at least, for Carmageddon). Now if someone can find a way for me to play Powerslide in Win7, I'll be in heaven.
It is/was also 25% off on Steam if you already owned Alan Wake too ;)
50% off for Alan Wake is nothing to sneeze at either!
On that note I realised I haven't given you the $15 for Torchlight 2 either so PM me your details!

Loved Powerslide. They obviously got super lucky publisher-wise first up before the reality of the industry pulled them down. Damn good game, ran well even on my parents POS.

I didn't enjoy them much anyway. I like RDJ, but unlike a lot of people I don't feel like his witty charm is enough to hold a movie together.
I loved the fun Sherlock Holmes movies. I've seen tons of version played straight and taken the thriller approach so it was nice to have that universe used in such a fun way. It is the kind of movie that I would go out of my way to see in the cinema for that fancy free experience that I know will leave me walking out with a smile on my face.

I don't like playing Halo alone, but it's fucking excellent with friends and my little brother. It's a staple of gaming nights. The modular multiplayer is by far the best; we've made up so many game modes just by fiddling around with the ruleset. I don't like the campaign on its own merits but as a co-op experience it's brilliant.
Yeah the SP for me is mediocre, never had much fun with it even though I have spent tons of hours in it. The local MP was always a great social experience because of the interactions rather than the mechanics itself which functioned as a way to create those moments, never as effective as Timesplitters 2 or Goldeneye though. It had a lot of variety but I found us retreading anyway.

Everyone is buying diablo 3, Feels like i'm missing out on something.

I still do find it strange that places like reddit and gaf can rage about ubisoft online drm, claim to never buy their products because of it and so on. Yet blizzard can do the exact same thing with even more sillyness like the real life auction house and no one bats an eyelid.
No Diablo 3 for me.

Blizzard get the same free pass that Valve have gotten in the past but both companies have a much more vocal group of gamers having a go at them lately.

Plus Ubisoft aren't American so there is that.

halo 3 was overhyped rubbish with terrible level design, d grade story and was too short to boot. Should have been a 800 point xbla release instead.
Agreed aside from the length, the main issue there was the terrible plotting of the levels and story delivery. Just felt really slapped together. Was a big downer as it was hyped to be the reason to buy a 360, Reach was a better followup especially since ODST was another disappointment for me. More that ODST was a missed opportunity than anything else. Looked graphically inferior by the time I got around to playing it too.

They're basically Apple. Take a bunch of old ideas and polish them up for mass consumption.
The unpopular but true opinion. Agreed. They also gather the same kind of religious fervor about their products.

PS. Glad I'm not at all buying into Diablo 3. By sticking with Torchlight 2 (for now), it almost feels like I'm sticking with Vanquish when everyone else is going for Gears of War 3.
Gears 1 was a better experience than Gears 3, even with the much much improved mechanics of Gears 3.

Vanquish is way out in front, will be another 5 years before people start ripping it off and making the 3rd person action games we deserve.

Jintor

I still can't believe you have to pay money for multi on XBox. What's up with that? It makes commercial sense but fuck that, I'm a PC gamer!

Shaneus

Gears 1 was a better experience than Gears 3, even with the much much improved mechanics of Gears 3.

Vanquish is way out in front, will be another 5 years before people start ripping it off and making the 3rd person action games we deserve.
Point of that was the similie though. T2 is the far less popular but possibly more interesting game, while D3 will be the Gears equivalent.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'll just play both D3 and T2.

Not you too rahk!

God damn it I'm going to buy this crappy game for casual losers, aren't I?

Yea I get the feeling I might do the same. I still want to stick to my elitist high ground but peer pressure can be a bitch. I will hold out as long as I can since I don't seem to have much time to play anything after work these days and Dota2 can easily eat up my time.

Ok, Sweet, I think I just talked myself out of going next door and buying it. Woo.

Rezbit

Yeah no I don't have time for it really. Too many other games I have to play.

The only thing that would sway me is if I could get it for under 60, seeing as the game won't be going on sale any time soon.

jambo

Also EB Games are price matching BigW and Dick Smith.

Nice. Can you add my battletag to it? I'll add everyone on it when the game goes live.

quote for battletag:

Done!

People were already abusing it so I locked it down, just post in here and I'll add your details to the list.

Yeah no I don't have time for it really. Too many other games I have to play.

The only thing that would sway me is if I could get it for under 60, seeing as the game won't be going on sale any time soon.

It's under $60 at big w and dse.

Edit: Fred said it slightly better.

Fredescu

I got mine for $48 from Wow HD, but no shipping notification yet, so I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting a while. I don't need to play it day 1.

mandiller

So why are we hiding the tag in the post but then putting them in a publicly viewable spreadsheet?

...I don't know

I'm still waiting on my CE edition i ordered from EB online to turn up in the post. It's onboard with the delivery guy apparently. Can't wait to take a look at it!

Dead Man

So I know everyon is on the D3 hype train, but can anyone tell me where in the hell I can find a wired Wii sensor bar in a shop?? The one at work is toast and I have been designated tech guy so they expect me to find one but they seem not exist. Any help will be appreciated!!* Oh yeah, if they have a store in Radelaide that would help.

*Does not construe a guarantee of gifts.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Super tempted to go next door and buy the STX sound card. The box does look large though so maybe that can be for tomorrow, Since i'm heading to the docs tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom