• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

I promise to never critique any games, films tv shows or songs with such a simple minded statement that they are 'not good'. If I am to enter a discussion on a topic I will give reasoning's and explanations of why an opinion has been raised. I shall not decree that something is not good without a reason why I believe this to be fact.

Skyrim is poo.

Where are you after an hour? At least play a bit of chapter 1 before deciding. The prologue is just a tutorial really. It opens up a bit when you get to that first town. If you don't enjoy chapter 1, you're probably not going to enjoy the rest.

Still fairly early. Its probably going to get a teeny but of play before thursday. Rockstar gets me every God damned May.

remz

Hmm when is diablo 3 unlocking? Some people said the AU version will be go tonight at midnight but others are saying we'll have to wait till ~5pm tomorrow

either way my marks are about to take a hit

Hmm when is diablo 3 unlocking? Some people said the AU version will be go tonight at midnight but others are saying we'll have to wait till ~5pm tomorrow

Still tossing up whether to buy it tomorrow or not. If I don't start playing it tomorrow everyone else will get ahead of me =/

I heard it was 5pm, but i guess we'll find out then.

markot

Banned

Hmm, are they doing midnight launches here?

Pretty lame if they do and then lame people over it!

Also why buy boxed? Blizz doesnt lame us over with US pricing for their digital sales ^_^

Skyrim is poo.
y?

Still fairly early. Its probably going to get a teeny but of play before thursday. Rockstar gets me every God damned May.
Max Payne 3 isn't even out here until June. Which sucks.

Also Red Dead Redemption was a good game. GTA4: Gay Tony was a good game. Table Tennis was a good game. GTA Chinatown Wars was a good game.
GTA4 was not a good game. LA Noire was not a good game. Manhunt 2 was not a good game. Beaterator was not a good game.

Because.

edit: holy shit @ GAME. No refunds on preorders or store credit. Those weasels in head office/PWC.

Unsecured creditors. Will destroy their reputation beyond repair. I would expect them to change their mind. They are honouring credit as long as it is only 25% of the purchase at the till :/

Yagharek

Unsecured creditors. Will destroy their reputation beyond repair. I would expect them to change their mind. They are honouring credit as long as it is only 25% of the purchase at the till :/

I imagine people who paid via credit card will be ok, but anyone else is S.O.L.

And none of them will ever buy from Game again.

Boken

Banned

1am you can install, 5pm server unlocks.

Okay, so I have a court date tomorrow. My first one, ever. Disputing a parking fine. Here are the details:

1 hour park, half of it blocked by a courier van. Driver was unloading stuff to the grocery store on the left, and he had parked so because it gave him straight access to the alley leading to the back of the store.

I wanted to park in the 1P, so i stopped behind him. Half my car was in the 1P, the other half in a No stopping zone. I wanted to honk the driver, but instead I got out to ask him if he would move a little bit ahead, so I could park legally. He refused and told me to wait for him to finish his unloading.

I did not want to wait there so I went back to my car and moved on, trying to find another place to park. I had gotten out of the car for half a minute. The engine was still on. My friend was still sitting in the passenger seat. From nowhere in that half minute, a parking officer came, clicked a picture and left. I got the fine in the mail couple of days later.

How is this fair? Aren't parking officers supposed to issue tickets? How is it justified for them to simply click a picture and walk away? Why was the driver of the courier van not fined? Because it was more convenient to fine the car behind him?

The council sent me a picture when I disputed the fine. I'm standing right next to the car in that picture, facing the other side. I tried to explain this to the council officer but they did not listen. So I went to court. It's a $119 parking fine after all. I'm fairly confident that I will win. What do you guys think?

Also, this is the Maribyrnong council I'm talking about. A council infamous for their harsh and excessive fines.

I managed to escape GAME's screwing over of customers because I ordered Diablo 3 online. I feel bad for customers tied up with their BS, as well as the little guys working there. At this stage, it seems like it was calculated by the bigger guys which is just disgusting.

Yagharek

I managed to escape GAME's screwing over of customers because I ordered Diablo 3 online. I feel bad for customers tied up with their BS, as well as the little guys working there. At this stage, it seems like it was calculated by the bigger guys which is just disgusting.

I escaped their screwing over of customers by not shopping there since 2009.

Okay, so I have a court date tomorrow. My first one, ever. Disputing a parking fine. Here are the details:

1 hour park, half of it blocked by a courier van. Driver was unloading stuff to the grocery store on the left, and he had parked so because it gave him straight access to the alley leading to the back of the store.

I wanted to park in the 1P, so i stopped behind him. Half my car was in the 1P, the other half in a No stopping zone. I wanted to honk the driver, but instead I got out to ask him if he would move a little bit ahead, so I could park legally. He refused and told me to wait for him to finish his unloading.

I did not want to wait there so I went back to my car and moved on, trying to find another place to park. I had gotten out of the car for half a minute. The engine was still on. My friend was still sitting in the passenger seat. From nowhere in that half minute, a parking officer came, clicked a picture and left. I got the fine in the mail couple of days later.

How is this fair? Aren't parking officers supposed to issue tickets? How is it justified for them to simply click a picture and walk away? Why was the driver of the courier van not fined? Because it was more convenient to fine the car behind him?

The council sent me a picture when I disputed the fine. I'm standing right next to the car in that picture, facing the other side. I tried to explain this to the council officer but they did not listen. So I went to court. It's a $119 parking fine after all. I'm fairly confident that I will win. What do you guys think?

Also, this is the Maribyrnong council I'm talking about. A council infamous for their harsh and excessive fines.

Pay the fine.

It's karma for driving whilst on the mobile phone.

Today Tonight.

Yagharek

Finished series 1 of Sherlock on bluray tonight.

I assume its a well known character, but
Moriarty
is delightfully evil.

Really clear to see to how much the character of Sherlock Holmes seems to have inspired the same kind of character as Doctor Who. Not this incarnation, but the respective original incarnations of both characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom