• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

NOT BUYING DIABLO 3 AT LAUNCH BUT MAY CHOOSE TO DO SO AT A LATER DATE:
reptilescorpio
Omi
Vook (if the free Twitter copy arrives)
Rezbit (hold strong man) CONSUMER
Choc (probably already finished it or will wait until 2013 to play)
Evlcookie
Shaneus
Steve Perry
codswallop!
legend166!
Dead Man = waiting until at least some of by backlog is gone and my car repairs are paid... so 2015 for me :/
Have you tried GAME?

EB should have a wireless one. Even your local PC place should have some Wii stuff as it is pretty popular. Otherwise try Dick Smith as that is where I originally got my wireless one.

LOL, but yeah, we need a wired one since the kids never turn off the sensor bar and it rips through batteries when it's left on overnight. I think I'll have to get one online and get reimbursed :?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Anyone who bought diablo 3 today have a spare guest pass I could use.>_>

I won't be able to buy the game till tomorrow or friday.

Clipper

Tex Murphy, my favourite adventure game series of all time has just had their Kickstarter project go live. They're doing great already, but if you think you'd like a futuristic noir adventure game with FMV, check it out. This is one of the VERY few game series to do FMV in the right way and its finally coming back.

I also am changing my avatar for the duration of the Kickstarter. I'm so psyched!

midonnay

I wonder if NBN Co can do the same.

October 2010, The Australian newspaper runs an article that consumers will have to foot a bill to get backup batteries because their phones won't work in a power blackout. People might die etc.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...roadband-service/story-e6frg6nf-1225941966733

After the bad publicity, the government decides to make battery backups mandatory with NBNco in charge of installation.

now the Australian is going with

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...seless-batteries/story-e6frgaif-1226354323838

"oh noes cordless phones won't work in a black out....why did the government waste all that money on batteries?"

*bangs head on table*

not only that....a quick google search finds that the battery story is a real gold mine

Oct 2010 NBN batteries to cost $150m a year

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...cost-150m-a-year/story-e6frg6nf-1225944418464

Dec 2010, NBN battery recycling 'could cost taxpayers $240m

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...g-could-add-240m/story-e6frgaif-1225974688045

Dec 2010 households will have to pay for replacements for the backup batteries out of their own pocket

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ack-up-batteries/story-e6frg6nf-1225974136514

they even gloat about making the government backflip on the batteries

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...eat-health-risks/story-e6frgaif-1225974685119

A compulsory back-up battery system was never on the cards under NBN Co's original plans, but a report in The Australian two months ago change their minds

wonzo

Banned
Anyone who bought diablo 3 today have a spare guest pass I could use.>_>

I won't be able to buy the game till tomorrow or friday.
i ended up buying the digital edition and apparently that didn't come with any guest passes. sorry :(

October 2010, The Australian newspaper runs an article that consumers will have to foot a bill to get backup batteries because their phones won't work with a battery backup.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225941966733

After the bad publicity, the government decides to make battery backups mandatory

now the Australian is going with

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1226354323838

"oh noes cordless phones won't work in a black out....why did the government waste all that money on batteries?"

*bangs head on table*
it's almost as if The Australian is a shitty newspaper blatantly pushing a political agenda!!

Fredescu

*bangs head on table*
Abbott continues to misrepresent the cost of the NBN to end users. He did so in his budget reply. He's given up caring and is just flat out lying to our faces at this point and it really gets my panties in a twist. I hope the defamation case has legs.

Omikron

Abbott continues to misrepresent the cost of the NBN to end users. He did so in his budget reply. He's given up caring and is just flat out lying to our faces at this point and it really gets my panties in a twist. I hope the defamation case has legs.
I kinda wish journalists would actually call out lies rather than reporting what they say. Frustrating.

jambo

Abbot is the biggest panderer since pandas.

fUWtp.png

Dead Man

I kinda wish journalists would actually call out lies rather than reporting what they say. Frustrating.

That is one of the worst things to come out of modern news reporting, they just repeat what people say instead of actually investigating the truth of the statements. May as well just call themselves 'Press Release Consolidation Services'.

Okay, that makes me jelly.

Choc

Banned
That is one of the worst things to come out of modern news reporting, they just repeat what people say instead of actually investigating the truth of the statements. May as well just call themselves 'Press Release Consolidation Services'.

If the mainstream media can't even do journalism right, how can we expect video game journalists to be different........

Serrels would be a good investigative mainstream journo i'd say

Shaneus

NOT BUYING DIABLO 3 AT LAUNCH BUT MAY CHOOSE TO DO SO AT A LATER DATE:
reptilescorpio
Omi
Vook (if the free Twitter copy arrives)
Rezbit (hold strong man) CONSUMER
Choc (probably already finished it or will wait until 2013 to play)
Evlcookie
Shaneus
Steve Perry
codswallop!
legend166!
I can pretty much guarantee you that I won't be buying it at all. srsly.

Shaneus will be happy.
Yup. A 7 or 8 always has to be justified. 9s and 10s are always "zomg amaze" and you never find out about the shit that might piss you off because they gloss over it because hey, it got a 9 or a 10.

Shaneus

Tex Murphy, my favourite adventure game series of all time has just had their Kickstarter project go live. They're doing great already, but if you think you'd like a futuristic noir adventure game with FMV, check it out. This is one of the VERY few game series to do FMV in the right way and its finally coming back.

I also am changing my avatar for the duration of the Kickstarter. I'm so psyched!
Fuck yeah, that's awesome. Thanks for linking it up.

Jintor

Yup. A 7 or 8 always has to be justified. 9s and 10s are always "zomg amaze" and you never find out about the shit that might piss you off because they gloss over it because hey, it got a 9 or a 10.

Hey! I spent like three paragraphs on how Kid Icarus physically causes you pain!

Shaneus

Didn't read yours Jintor. As soon as I saw it was by you, for a Nintendo platform, I just knew it wasn't worth my time ;)

And that Tex Murphy KS... the tiers seem REALLY out of whack for some reason. Like, some of the benefits for the higher tier games are okay, but... I dunno. There's some odd stuff offered there as rewards. Downloading a HD poster of old games, but not offering said old games until a few tiers higher? Hm.

Who gives a crap about access to betas of games that aren't multiplayer?

For many games -- like most of these Kickstarters -- betas will probably hurt people's opinions of the game.

Choc

Banned
Who gives a crap about access to betas of games that aren't multiplayer?

For many games -- like most of these Kickstarters -- betas will probably hurt people's opinions of the game.

when you've worked on the other side of the fence, its interesting as a game designer to see beta versions early

but i take your point. Even so, if you are backing something financially you should be able to play it early (and have a fucking clue that it won't be the best @ that point)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom