• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So, for those of you not using the Twitters, myself and 3 others were fired today. The target figures weren't hit and so the low people on the totem pole that aren't in a position to contribute in a way that is meaningful to them were let go.

We've been invited to return and work our last day on Monday, which I will because I need the money. They knew this was coming and left it until the last minute, because they're cunts. The people who weren't fired were in a position to reel in the big fish needed to hit the targets. One of them is a lazy fucking bitch who only turns up and works when she feels like it, which isn't often; the other knows the right person, but seems to actually do stuff, he's actually alright.

Seriously, myself and 2 others have been sick as dogs and still come in and work. This other fucking cunt of a woman rocks up when she feels like it, calls in a "personal" day when the pressure is on to reach our target, whilst the rest of us slog it out. Even when she makes a vague attempt at work, she's too fucking thick to understand what's in front of her. Fuck this cunt, I'm going to blame my loss of a job on her. Now she gets to stay on, get paid to fuck around and accomplish nothing. I'm inclined to dob the bitch in tomorrow, because the people who should know better clearly can't see it, or are distracted by her tits or something.

Yes, it's clearly a cunt of a place that has no respect for anyone, but it paid my bills.

Even if you don't care about the rant above (Especially Choc), please read this bit: Also, the person I work with, who is cool as hell, put something on layby today. She, like myself and the other now jobless person, thought the job might last a little longer than it has. The layby deposit is marked as "non-refundable", is this legal? I thought non-refundable deposits weren't allowed any more. If any one knows anything about this, please advise. I haven't found any fair trading documents to support this, but I thought they'd be out there if I'm right.

Edit: Boo, 2nd last post from the bottom of the page. I hope people see this.

quotequote

fuckers. you'll do better next time

I know it doesn't help to hear it Danoss, but such is life. There are fuckwits everywhere and if you don't happen to be in with them you're ultimately going to be the one that gets the shaft. That's just the way shit works, unfortunately.

I hope you find a new job quickly, and that it works out better for you than this one did.

Roosters, you going to the footy tonight at Blue tongue?

Moved to Canberra lol

Magners was/is $4 a bottle at Aldi! Also they have Monteiths Sparkling Ale for $3 a bottle! Insanely cheap
monteiths-sparkling-anilxw.jpg

What is this wizardry. Here in the ACT they only have weird brand alcohol.

Danoss

I know it doesn't help to hear it Danoss, but such is life. There are fuckwits everywhere and if you don't happen to be in with them you're ultimately going to be the one that gets the shaft. That's just the way shit works, unfortunately.

I hope you find a new job quickly, and that it works out better for you than this one did.

I know man, I'm just venting. It's to be expected on casual contracts.

Fingers crossed on finding a new job soon.

Choc

Banned
Non refundable deposits are allowed if they are part of the terms and is told to you during the time you signed up for the LB

sorry bro :(

Choc

Banned
Just want to say a big FUCK YOU YOU CUNTY CUNTS to GE Creditline and their fucking hopeless cunts of an Indian callcentre who gave me shitty advice and cost me more money than I am happy with.

Paying off an engagement ring and decided to pay a lump sum off the loan, call their "call centre" and am greeted by a thick accent apparently in sunny Melbourne. Told him that I wanted to pay half of it off in one go so I don't have to bother making monthly payments, he says it is a great idea and to do that.

Fast forward 3 months to when I finally get a letter in the mail saying I have been charged $25 a month overdue fees PLUS 30% interest on those overdue fees! I call up and another call centre monkey (not a slur on his ethnicity, a slur on his profession and modicum of care towards the customer) who proceeds to tell me off for doing so and that I must be lying because no-one would ever tell me that. I told him to go fuck this shit and to close my account and I would transfer the money to end the loan.

The balls to charge me interest on overdue fees I didn't even know I had! Fucking cunts. Apparently they count as 'cash advances' which is also fucking bullshit considering the loan was 24 months interest free.

Will be mailing an angry letter to GE on Tuesday.

Rep feel sorry for you but caveat emptor

Interest free loans only remain interest free WHILST you are paying on time. If you miss a payment the interest gets slammed on.

Also, every time you get advice from a call centre on finance. Never rely on it until its in writing. Ask them to email you this, if you never get the email, dont take it as done.

Choc

Banned
reptile's got it.

People are somewhat excusing it behind a defence of 'tribal law'. Pretty gross.

do your research legend on this because this is not uncommon. There is a TON precedents for this and in arnhem land, tribal law actually prevails over the common law (if they are living as tribes etc)

i learnt about this in legal studies

edit: also dan what were you selling just so we all can never use it, ever

Shaneus

Yeah, its ddr3.
THEN WHY DID YUO ASJK?!?

Magners was/is $4 a bottle at Aldi! Also they have Monteiths Sparkling Ale for $3 a bottle! Insanely cheap
monteiths-sparkling-anilxw.jpg
Half-litre bottles? I think that's cheap? Other Monteith's stuff cheap? Big bottles? NEED MOAR INFO /theoatmeal

So, for those of you not using the Twitters, myself and 3 others were fired today. The target figures weren't hit and so the low people on the totem pole that aren't in a position to contribute in a way that is meaningful to them were let go.

We've been invited to return and work our last day on Monday, which I will because I need the money. They knew this was coming and left it until the last minute, because they're cunts. The people who weren't fired were in a position to reel in the big fish needed to hit the targets. One of them is a lazy fucking bitch who only turns up and works when she feels like it, which isn't often; the other knows the right person, but seems to actually do stuff, he's actually alright.

Seriously, myself and 2 others have been sick as dogs and still come in and work. This other fucking cunt of a woman rocks up when she feels like it, calls in a "personal" day when the pressure is on to reach our target, whilst the rest of us slog it out. Even when she makes a vague attempt at work, she's too fucking thick to understand what's in front of her. Fuck this cunt, I'm going to blame my loss of a job on her. Now she gets to stay on, get paid to fuck around and accomplish nothing. I'm inclined to dob the bitch in tomorrow, because the people who should know better clearly can't see it, or are distracted by her tits or something.

Yes, it's clearly a cunt of a place that has no respect for anyone, but it paid my bills.

Even if you don't care about the rant above (Especially Choc), please read this bit: Also, the person I work with, who is cool as hell, put something on layby today. She, like myself and the other now jobless person, thought the job might last a little longer than it has. The layby deposit is marked as "non-refundable", is this legal? I thought non-refundable deposits weren't allowed any more. If any one knows anything about this, please advise. I haven't found any fair trading documents to support this, but I thought they'd be out there if I'm right.

Edit: Boo, 2nd last post from the bottom of the page. I hope people see this.
Know what? Let her stay there. The business will obviously fail when people like her are left on, and before you know it both her and her/your (ex)boss will be out on there arse.

someone was asking (i think shaneus) what was different about the newer seasons of archer. i want to say its lana and cyril arnt together/the focus.

Shaneus

I concur.
I conquer.

someone was asking (i think shaneus) what was different about the newer seasons of archer. i want to say its lana and cyril arnt together/the focus.
That's part of it, but that was yonks ago. I think reptile explained it m more specifically, in that the whole spy thing isn't the focus of the show. Any spy stuff is used more as a backdrop to allow better interaction between the characters. Or something.

Which reminds me, NEW ARCHER RIGHT NOW REPTILE AND ARNIE AND ALL YOU OTHER GUYZ.

HolyCheck

how the hell do you people keep remembering the commyunity pile

and if anyone wants anything thats mine you just need to pm me im too forgetful to check the list

Danoss

Thanks for the kind words everyone. You're all fucking awesome! AusGAF truly is best GAF.

Shaneus, I'll keep my mouth shut and let them rot.

Codswallop, I won't fire up at them, as much as I would like to. They said they'd like to keep my details and call me back if things pick up. If I'm still unemployed, that option would be nice, though I will make sure there's conditions on my return.

Choc, I did finally find some stuff on lay-by cancellation costs. Have a look here if you're interested. It seems all payments are to be refunded (the deposit is the first payment). This appears to be a rather important point:

"The trader may charge a termination fee if you decide to cancel a lay-by agreement (unless the trader has breached the lay-by agreement). The amount of the fee must not be more the trader’s ‘reasonable costs’ relating to the agreement."

Since they were a pair of Doc Martens which are always in fashion, the 'reasonable cost' would have to be very close to or equal to zero in my mind.

Wait AusGAF turned 6?

What else did I miss

Seems you're going to miss SydGAF board game event 2, what gives man? :'(

Danoss, man, that's just bad luck. But, given your comments in the past week maybe it's for the best -- and besides, now you're back in the game so hopefully that will make things easier going forward. Try not to burn any bridges (at least with the remaining people who aren't jerks) because you never know how things will pan out in the future.

Holy, thanks for those suggestions. We'll just be in town over the weekend. Will check out the Elephant if we spot it.

I didn't realise board games were happening this weekend! Will see what I can do but probably won't be able to make it.

Been super busy lately and haven't been on GAF at all really :(

EDIT: I conked her!

Oh man, ain't even mad that we had to pay for our wedding dinner tasting, SO FUCKING TASTY.

Entrees were an Oriental lamb salad, Creamy garlic prawns on rice. Mains as Scotch fillet with bacon & mushroom lardon, Stuffed chicken breast with spinach, fetta, pinenuts & semidried tomato. So fucking tasty, everything cooked to perfection. For $35 a head I was very impressed.

Take THAT reptile :p
:( I had a link though! Also yes, should be in the OP also in the PCGAF OP while we are at it.

What is this wizardry. Here in the ACT they only have weird brand alcohol.
They cycles stuff in and out, my local didn't have any Bulmers but these Monteiths were there randomly, I'm sure I will never see them again after today. I used to buy the cheap bottles of $24 scotch when times were tough last year from Aldi :(

Interest free loans only remain interest free WHILST you are paying on time. If you miss a payment the interest gets slammed on.

Also, every time you get advice from a call centre on finance. Never rely on it until its in writing. Ask them to email you this, if you never get the email, dont take it as done.
Yup, my fault for believing that arsehole in the callcentre. Another reason I hate loans and debt because they find any way to fuck you over even if you are technically paying within the best interest of the contract entered in. I paid them upfront which means they have that money to play with but still invoked the clause that I MUST pay at least $40 every 27th of every month.

Live and learn.

Also never use those cunts again.

-litre bottles? I think that's cheap? Other Monteith's stuff cheap? Big bottles? NEED MOAR INFO /theoatmeal
Insanely cheap my friend! Unadvertised and unexpected. $3 for half a litre of pretty damn tasty sparkling ale? Hells yes! Aldi is ALWAYS full of cool shit though. Tempted to pick up a mortar & pestle for $9 they have there.

Which reminds me, NEW ARCHER RIGHT NOW REPTILE AND ARNIE AND ALL YOU OTHER GUYZ.
I NOEWS! Although may save for the weekend and play Mass Effect 3 tonight once I stop listening to awesome Aussie nu-metal (or whatever Superheist circa 8 Miles High is classified).

ME3 is now on the community pile peeps
What address should Cod and I send a copy of Halo CE to?!?

Choc, I did finally find some stuff on lay-by cancellation costs. Have a look here if you're interested. It seems all payments are to be refunded (the deposit is the first payment). This appears to be a rather important point:

"The trader may charge a termination fee if you decide to cancel a lay-by agreement (unless the trader has breached the lay-by agreement). The amount of the fee must not be more the trader’s ‘reasonable costs’ relating to the agreement."

Since they were a pair of Doc Martens which are always in fashion, the 'reasonable cost' would have to be very close to or equal to zero in my mind.
I would expect them to pay back all the payments aside from the raincheck/layby fee. Most places operate like that.

Danoss

I would expect them to pay back all the payments aside from the raincheck/layby fee. Most places operate like that.
Yeah, that would be my thoughts. I'll go in with her to stir up some shit if they try and be greedy.

I also found an iPhone app called 'Shop Rights' that has this sort of stuff in it. Pretty cool.

oipic

Very sorry to hear your news, Danoss. Having read along recently, though, as much as your wallet might disagree, this sounds like the best thing for your sanity and your soul.

Hope it ends up working out for nothing but the best. It's funny, these things tend to.

I missed you lot this week! I don't post much (resident non-entity, really), but it's been a work week from hell (data centre network switch melt-down), and I didn't get to stalk lurk as much as I typically would.

Picked up the 'real' Football Manager 2012 today (after pumping countless hours into the beta during testing), so will start a new game...and that'll be my long weekend shot to pieces. I'm re-reading Clash of Kings in preparation for GoT series 2, and that hefty tome swallows some serious hours, too. Wish I could read more quickly.

Haveagoodweekend, kind people of AusGAF.

Choc

Banned
Thanks for the kind words everyone. You're all fucking awesome! AusGAF truly is best GAF.

Shaneus, I'll keep my mouth shut and let them rot.

Codswallop, I won't fire up at them, as much as I would like to. They said they'd like to keep my details and call me back if things pick up. If I'm still unemployed, that option would be nice, though I will make sure there's conditions on my return.

Seems you're going to miss SydGAF board game event 2, what gives man? :'(

dude you're right but good luck with that. Like the banks they can say what they want is a reasonable costs

if the banks can do it anyone can do it.

Deeku

Had a spidery day today. Walk out the front door this morning and get web all over my face, then see the big ass (well, not that big) spider on the pillar, waiting to probably pounce on my face. Then, 5 minutes ago when I go to my room, there's a spider dangling down from the doorway, mocking me with it's crazy spin moves.

Thank god they were squishable size, but only just.

But...but... YOU'RE at GDC

INCEPTION

OMG!

You can actually get GDC sessions via the GDC vault. Not necessarily cheap but much cheaper than attending.

There seems to be an entire channel here that just plays reruns of the big bang theory. Its not called Go, however.

Shaneus

Insanely cheap my friend! Unadvertised and unexpected. $3 for half a litre of pretty damn tasty sparkling ale? Hells yes! Aldi is ALWAYS full of cool shit though. Tempted to pick up a mortar & pestle for $9 they have there.
They're building an Aldi next to a Coles right near where I live. Almost somewhat excited!

So, I've just come back from seeing a DJ or whatever in Melbourne. Everyone should listen to this. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to hate, but I'm pretty fucking tired so I could be wrong. Also, if you hate it I'll punch you.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
do any of the providers offer visual voice mail in Australia?

Danoss

do any of the providers offer visual voice mail in Australia?

I thought Vodafone was the only one. The last I heard about the others; Optus said it was 'coming soon' with everyone smelling bullshit; and Telstra said 'nope, can't be bothered'.

I haven't seen anything since then, but that was when the iPhone 3G was still current. That'll give you an idea of how old what I just posted is.

Edit: It seems Telstra has had this since 12 months ago. It's called 'MessageBank Plus', costs $5/month and is available for post-paid customers only. Ring to have it activated on your account.

HolyCheck

taxi picking me up at 1:30pm to go to the airport to go to the UK/Germany for 2 weeks...

I should probably pack... and clean my apartment... and find out what time my plane is

Child hocked up some phlem in the action of vomiting this morning after not being able to sleep all night. Happy as Larry now thankfully. Would love some sleep though.

F25t1.png

Zavvi again.

Driver San Fran for PS3/360 for $16
NFS Shift 2 for PS3/360 for $16
Portal 2 for PS3/360 for $22
Infamous 2 or Resistance 3 for $23
Gears of War 3 for $28

Can't stop watching this gif

Picked up the 'real' Football Manager 2012 today (after pumping countless hours into the beta during testing), so will start a new game...and that'll be my long weekend shot to pieces.
Was very tempted to take Omi up on his offer but I don't get time to play a lot of games anyway so FM2012 would just consume me.

Wouldn't be a wedding unless the mains are either beef or chicken. Can't remember what we had...
Beef and Chicken mains with prawn and lamb entrées so everyone should be happy hopefully.

100$ tier fire the double fine kick start continues to improve, they added a t-shirt as well now
LBiGm.jpg
Most looking forward to the Blu Ray and the awesome old school packaging.

They're building an Aldi next to a Coles right near where I live. Almost somewhat excited!
I know where you live.... Also Gmaps has 2 people on a front porch near there scratching their balls, found it hilarious.

taxi picking me up at 1:30pm to go to the airport to go to the UK/Germany for 2 weeks...

I should probably pack... and clean my apartment... and find out what time my plane is
Please tell me your kidding. Please? Plllleeeeaaase? I'm not comfortable living in a world where people haven't packed for a two week trip a few hours before having to leave.

I love French women but I hate the French. Connnnnnnnnnnnnflicted :(
I will just pretend to not know names and ignore that voice in your head that recognises ethnicity based on visual cues.

Attack On Memory by Cloud Nothings is the strongest album of the year. Not one bad track, solid all the way through from start to finish.

Please tell me your kidding. Please? Plllleeeeaaase? I'm not comfortable living in a world where people haven't packed for a two week trip a few hours before having to leave.
Depends on how many changes of clothes you plan on wearing in that 2 weeks. If all you are taking with you is some breath mints and deodorant than it would be fine. Passport would be a good idea too.

Shaneus

100$ tier fire the double fine kick start continues to improve, they added a t-shirt as well now
Fuck yeah! High five, brofist etc.

Realistically, it's the only thing they could've done if the money kept rolling in, as opposed to a "we'll do this and that better" deal. I doubt there's much more they can do in, say, $10k time than they can do with the funds they have now.

Yeah... even me, a habitual late-runner, I coulnd't be more paranoid about packing for a holiday, not less! Good luck, Holy :)

And I bet none of you listened to that song I posted. It's basically like some beautiful lovechild between Kate Bush and Depeche Mode. Should you like either or both, you'd LOVE it.

HolyCheck

lol, eh, I've travelled enough to know what is needed and what's not :p I'm OK.

Awesome. What you going for?

Going for a week of work, then a week of holiday!

in the holiday week will head to Germany on the 17th to catch up with a childhood friend who moved to ireland when we were like 11. and then the next day meeting up with a highschool friend whos currently living in germany too, then flying back to london on the

and now i just realised i've booked train tickets and a hotel in york for the wrong week

HolyCheck

OK, so then i get back to london on the 19th, then on the 20th I catch a train out to york and ill spend the day there then stay there that night, then train back on the 21st around lunch time, then spend the 21st to the saturday in london with my aunty, and fly out saturday night

And I bet none of you listened to that song I posted. It's basically like some beautiful lovechild between Kate Bush and Depeche Mode. Should you like either or both, you'd LOVE it.
I listened to it, you git. I... liked it? I kept waiting for it to peak but it never did. I can see why you liked it, especially if it was at the very end of a set. In the middle of a set it wouldn't really have a lot of 'oomph' or you'd need to layer a couple of other tracks over it. As a closer, though? Sure. Still, even though, I was hoping for it to build a little bit more towards the end and really close strong. It never did, it just hit what it wanted to do by the two minute mark and kept there for 5 minutes.

I listened to the original song, too, you git, so shove that somewhere uncomfortable. I think I prefer the original some. It has the melancholic build up that I think should have been kept in the remix. That would be a nice set finisher, especially in the wee hours of the morning.

It might be sad that I was more interested in seeing the USB mixing deck. Gone are the days of buying huge multi-track mixing boards, specialized sound cards, boot modes, dongles and more trouble-than-it's-worth system and settings. Amazing.

lol, eh, I've travelled enough to know what is needed and what's not :p I'm OK.
Couldn't. Do. It. I know people who can pack at the last second but it's definitely not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom