• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I listened to it, you git. I... liked it? I kept waiting for it to peak but it never did. I can see why you liked it, especially if it was at the very end of a set. In the middle of a set it wouldn't really have a lot of 'oomph' or you'd need to layer a couple of other tracks over it. As a closer, though? Sure. Still, even though, I was hoping for it to build a little bit more towards the end and really close strong. It never did, it just hit what it wanted to do by the two minute mark and kept there for 5 minutes.

I listened to the original song, too, you git, so shove that somewhere uncomfortable. I think I prefer the original some. It has the melancholic build up that I think should have been kept in the remix. That would be a nice set finisher, especially in the wee hours of the morning.

It might be sad that I was more interested in seeing the USB mixing deck. Gone are the days of buying huge multi-track mixing boards, specialized sound cards, boot modes, dongles and more trouble-than-it's-worth system and settings. Amazing.

Couldn't. Do. It. I know people who can pack at the last second but it's definitely not for me.

List to me anything you think one might forget in a last minute pack?

Raincoat? Umbrella? Travel Light? Documentation (e.g. reservation confirmations / emails / tickets / passport)? Medication / First Aid Kit? I once almost forgot underwear (Canada dodged a bullet on that one) so make sure you have some? Coat / Jumper / Thermals? Boogie Board case filled with Pot? Books! Contacts / Eyedrops? Portable Gaming devices?

Most importantly though, don't forget to take your sense of adventure!

Danoss

Toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, soaps, shampoo, conditioner, shave soap, disposable razors, after shave balm, deoderant and cotton buds?

Wallet, keys, mobile, glasses, glass gleaning solution, contacts, contact containers, contact solution, eye drops?

HolyCheck

Socks!

I dunno, it's mostly things you could buy easily anyway. I usually just pack the night before if I can't be bothered ironing stuff.

check

Raincoat? Umbrella? Travel Light? Documentation (e.g. reservation confirmations / emails / tickets / passport)? Medication / First Aid Kit? I once almost forgot underwear (Canada dodged a bullet on that one) so make sure you have some? Coat / Jumper / Thermals? Boogie Board case filled with Pot? Books! Contacts / Eyedrops? Portable Gaming devices?

Most importantly though, don't forget to take your sense of adventure!

check, dont have one, check, check, check, check, no, check, check, check

Toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, soaps, shampoo, conditioner, shave soap, disposable razors, after shave balm, deoderant and cotton buds?

check, check, check, no need for any of that, staying at hotels or my aunties so its all covered, razers check tho, deoderant check

Wallet, keys, mobile, glasses, glass gleaning solution, contacts, contact containers, contact solution, eye drops?

check, 3 wallets with cash and cards split up evenly between them all in a seperate bag, glasses and glasses case, contacts are one day disposables have enough for 2 weeks, with half in my carry on and half in my luggage.

edit: I should add, growing up I moved from my mums to dads house almost every 3 - 4 days and needed to pack all this stuff most of the time lol :(

Fogz

For people asking about the community pile the spreadsheet is here.

I think you need to PM someone a gmail address to get added though, or something. Or just directly hassle whoever has what :)

Shaneus

I listened to it, you git. I... liked it? I kept waiting for it to peak but it never did. I can see why you liked it, especially if it was at the very end of a set. In the middle of a set it wouldn't really have a lot of 'oomph' or you'd need to layer a couple of other tracks over it. As a closer, though? Sure. Still, even though, I was hoping for it to build a little bit more towards the end and really close strong. It never did, it just hit what it wanted to do by the two minute mark and kept there for 5 minutes.

I listened to the original song, too, you git, so shove that somewhere uncomfortable. I think I prefer the original some. It has the melancholic build up that I think should have been kept in the remix. That would be a nice set finisher, especially in the wee hours of the morning.

It might be sad that I was more interested in seeing the USB mixing deck. Gone are the days of buying huge multi-track mixing boards, specialized sound cards, boot modes, dongles and more trouble-than-it's-worth system and settings. Amazing.
Thanks :D It's very much a song that I think you have to be in the mood for. I guess coming home from *any* night out at 5am is more appropriate than after waking up, first thing on a Saturday.

Yeah, I kind of came into the live scene on the end of when people would actually bring synthesizers to use live and nowadays it's almost always a laptop and few USB controllers. You'd be surprised what you can get now... the one I have (but have never used, bahahaha) actually automatically loads profiles whichever program you're using and has an LCD screen to label the knobs and fiddly bits.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rahk nearly convinced me I should pick up a 27" 3D 120hz monitor as a bday gift, Instead i've resisted and will get money, Like every year!

I also did some testing in TF2 and realised I can't actually shoot very well when someone is coming from the right hand side. My aim is just throw off, Which is odd. It's almost like I can't judge distance D:

Bioware have improved out of sight with the atmosphere building in Mass Effect 3. The incidental conversations with background civilians work better than any game I have played this generation. Feels much more like a full bodied piece of work than the hodge podge collection of mechanics in the previous two games.

Sorry if spoilers.

Salazar

I love French women but I hate the French. Connnnnnnnnnnnnflicted :(

9Mv2I.gif

Laure est parfait. Coolest French footballer since Platini and Giresse.

Can AdelaideGAF recommend Apothecary 1878, Bar Cuba (is it really members only?), Crown and Sceptre or any other nice cocktail bar in the city?

HolyCheck

I wouldn't call crown and sceptre 'nice' but they do make a nice cocktail. Can't comment on the others I'm afraid.

Engineering problem with my plane

Holy! What is the cool amusement park that looks like a castle down near Glenelg? When I was a kid I played the shit out of The Addams Family pinball there.

Also Adelaide has a REVOLVING RESTAURANT which was all the rage when we lived there. That was like 15 years ago now though.

EDIT: Are all the fuses okay rooster?

So my car battery died 2 weeks ago cause of a stupid light and I went and got it charged at an auto electrician. Now my odometer, dashboard lights and parking lights don't work. whyyyyy :(

I'm gonna go back there on Tuesday (long weekend here in ol' canberra) and see wassup.

bomma_man

Looks like a Tassie v QLD Sheffield Shield final then. Given the state of the Bellrieve pitch this year I don't think our batsmen will have too much trouble at the GABBA. Of course we'll be missing our captain, number one spinner and number one paceman but that didn't seen to make much of an impact in this game.

Nice being dominant at something for once :)

And I bet none of you listened to that song I posted. It's basically like some beautiful lovechild between Kate Bush and Depeche Mode.

yah i have a bit of a soft spot for Aril Brikha, he does melodic very nice. it's the kind of electronic music i'm more likely to listen to at home than play out though.

Salazar

I'm somewhat embarrassed by the bloodlust Tony has for Stephen Smith.

The "soldiers don't respect him" thing is retarded. And that retired soldier sounding off about how he could supposedly tell from Smith's body language that he doesn't respect soldiers - I mean, pipe the fuck down.

markot

Banned
I'm somewhat embarrassed by the bloodlust Tony has for Stephen Smith.

The "soldiers don't respect him" thing is retarded. And that retired soldier sounding off about how he could supposedly tell from Smith's body language that he doesn't respect soldiers - I mean, pipe the fuck down.

Kinda happy the only place I get Aussie news from is ABC, I have no idea what you are talking about >.<

Salazar

Yo.

I have some avi.something.rar files downloaded. I need to do something to them to be able to watch them, yeah ? Divx converter isn't doing it for me.

Halp. I am on a mac.

Jintor

By the way choc, I can't recall too much about traditional aboriginal law, but from memory it would definitely fall below priority to common law and legislation /statute.

Salazar

In a statement issued by her solicitor, John Dalzell, Ginia said: ''It is very painful to have my family's disagreement argued so publically [sic]. My loving and hard-working mother has only ever wanted the best for her children. My siblings and I were blessed with an exceptionally fortunate upbringing …

''This case is motivated entirely by greed and … one day soon my brother and sisters will regret putting money before family … Unfortunately, this realisation will come too late as the damage to our family and its good reputation will already have been done.''

The solicitor should definitely give himself a slap. Come on, son.

Choc

Banned
By the way choc, I can't recall too much about traditional aboriginal law, but from memory it would definitely fall below priority to common law and legislation /statute.

in certain sections of arnhem land in the NT it does not. THere has been many cases over this :)

Looks like a Tassie v QLD Sheffield Shield final then. Given the state of the Bellrieve pitch this year I don't think our batsmen will have too much trouble at the GABBA. Of course we'll be missing our captain, number one spinner and number one paceman but that didn't seen to make much of an impact in this game.

Nice being dominant at something for once :)

Bring.it
Should be a good game.

Also, I just saw John carter, I thoroughly enjoyed it. As far as popcorn Sci fi action goes it was sweet. Could have cut a bunch of rubbish though. Was long as hell. But yeah, recommended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom