• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Giant

Banned
I have already made myself unavailable for work on june 6 for E3. Can't wait to download nearly everything from nintendo's e3 press site. I do hope i'm working till midnight on the 5th, it will make the day pass quicker.

JMizzlin

Update on the E3 Insider comp. As it currently stands, these are the voting percentages (everyone is voted for or against):

Entrant 1: 34% favoured, Entrant 2: 46% favoured, Entrant 3: 30% favoured, Entrant 4: 41% favoured. Myself: 13% favoured.

So yeah, being absolutely destroyed, hahaha. A bit embarrassing, worsened only by receiving dozens of messages and friend requests from kids. Over the course of today I've been asked random questions by strangers, including my age and what my address is. Bit awkward..

Jintor

It's a plea of desperation

Well that's what I would say if choccers worked for capcom. I'm honestly in no position to buy things right now.

Salazar

I'm on uni break so whenever is fine by me ^^

K9mPz.jpg

Whereas I have a meeting. Ungh.

EDIT: That Breakfast show is cancelled at this point right? Looks fucking awful. That Micallef clip will be the only thing of worth to come of it.

lol need a copy of Diablo 3 that is almost as useful as a new copy?

will you guys join me for the AWESOME SONY E3 EXTRAVAGANZA?
Will check in at lunch at work. Probably won't be able to watch live on our ultra shitty ADSL-1 connection. It is terrible.

It was? Hehe, what a debacle. Diablo 3 will be working before that game comes out.
I'm sure the 3 and a half people working on Last Guardian are pushing full steam ahead to have it out before Half Life 3.

Update on the E3 Insider comp. As it currently stands, these are the voting percentages (everyone is voted for or against):

Entrant 1: 34% favoured, Entrant 2: 46% favoured, Entrant 3: 30% favoured, Entrant 4: 41% favoured. Myself: 13% favoured.

So yeah, being absolutely destroyed, hahaha. A bit embarrassing, worsened only by receiving dozens of messages and friend requests from kids. Over the course of today I've been asked random questions by strangers, including my age and what my address is. Bit awkward..

Ah that sucks dude. When does it wind up?
That's fucking creepy about the Facebook stalking etc. Welcome to a social media world I guess?

Choc

Banned
anyone been to a concert at the SFS?

Coldplay is back this November but for some reason has gone to the SFS (possibly because it has a higher capacity than Acer Arena)

I am concerned the acoustics might be shit? I saw U2 at ANZ Stadium and it was pretty bad due to the acoustics of the stadium

i paid $140 to see coldplay last time, ive seen them twice and they are fucking amazing in concert and i want to go again, but SFS worries me.

Jintor

I would really like to do some kind of properly academic study of the way kids consume game-related information. It strikes me that Spawn Point and maybe like Mania and stuff are the only things really, really targeted at them. Most of the gaming journos I know really write for the 14-24 male demographic, and kids are really growing up in this world where gaming is the norm, and I wonder - who (besides the ABC) is making the stuff for them?

Part of this is just playing with my cousin who is 10 and looooooooooooooooves Spawn Point. One day I'll introduce her to Hex and Bajo and explode her brain.

JMizzlin

Ah that sucks dude. When does it wind up?
That's fucking creepy about the Facebook stalking etc. Welcome to a social media world I guess?

Thursday. Will be interesting to see how it goes as it's getting very close between two major contestants (one who came out of nowhere and is now leading) who are both over 40%.

I should have clarified, it wasn't on Facebook (kept that private, despite Xbox requesting that information for the competition). Just getting a heap of friend requests and a few of those that I accept invite me to party and ask me (in high pitched, young voices) personal questions, haha. But yeah, I totally asked for it by entering, so I shouldn't complain.

Gazunta

I would really like to do some kind of properly academic study of the way kids consume game-related information. It strikes me that Spawn Point and maybe like Mania and stuff are the only things really, really targeted at them. Most of the gaming journos I know really write for the 14-24 male demographic, and kids are really growing up in this world where gaming is the norm, and I wonder - who (besides the ABC) is making the stuff for them?

Part of this is just playing with my cousin who is 10 and looooooooooooooooves Spawn Point. One day I'll introduce her to Hex and Bajo and explode her brain.

There is a HUGE market for kid-friendly / parent-friendly game reviewing. Unfortunately most game journos aren't interested in it. There's some Australian game journos out there who are covering this exclusively and they're smashing it.

If I was starting a games site right now it's exactly what I'd be focusing on as my point of difference.

One of the reasons I think a lot of game journos are so angry and bitter right now is that their opinions are mattering less and less as the industry changes. Take a look at what the next generation of gamers are playing and it's easy to see why. The majority of us in AusGAF would barely recognise the games the average 10 year old is into right now. It's stuff that's just not even on our radar.

Edit: Just voted for Eye Drop. Good luck, man!

Skylanders makes big bank man. Also that DS game that has moshi moshi or whatever. Didn't JB sell out at one point !?!

Going by my nieces and nephews most of their information comes from word of mouth from the playground and conversations around them and advertisements mostly. I don't actually know anyone who watches Spawn Point, or even Good Game for that matter. Advertising during kids TV and even prime time would be a big influence. Plus YouTube. YouTube would be huge along with the social media link.

ALL the kids back in the day knew you had to be a Super Mario Kart champion even if you were a key finding master!

Choc

Banned

so Microsoft cant fucking do maths. That adds up to 164%!

GOOD JOB MS

JMizzlin

so Microsoft cant fucking do maths. That adds up to 164%!

GOOD JOB MS

If only that were true :p It's an interesting system, actually. Each voter votes [YES] or [NO] for each finalist, and are able to vote yes or no for as many as they choose. So out of everyone who voted, 87% don't think I'm fit for the job, which I accept humbly.

Now I won't clog the AusGAF thread with this stuff anymore.

Anyone manage to score a copy of Diablo 3 from Catch of the Day today?

Actually Gaz you are in distribution now so you should have the finger on the pulse of the consumer! What will be the next Skylanders? Where should I invest my capital?

Yeah Moshi Monsters is HUGE. It's basically WoW for the under 12 market. Not a word about it on GAF.
I tried my best! I gave my niece 2 copies of Layton and I don't think she played more than 10 minutes before going back to moshi moshi :(

Anyone manage to score a copy of Diablo 3 from Catch of the Day today?
Going by their usual amount of stock I think the webmaster might have got the last one.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought the Painkiller complete pack and I can't work out what is game what do I click which is Painkiller

Jintor

Skylanders makes big bank man. Also that DS game that has moshi moshi or whatever. Didn't JB sell out at one point !?!

Going by my nieces and nephews most of their information comes from word of mouth from the playground and conversations around them and advertisements mostly. I don't actually know anyone who watches Spawn Point, or even Good Game for that matter. Advertising during kids TV and even prime time would be a big influence. Plus YouTube. YouTube would be huge along with the social media link.

ALL the kids back in the day knew you had to be a Super Mario Kart champion even if you were a key finding master!

Word of mouth is big? Awesome, all I need to do is hang around playgrounds some more

Make sure to take bags of candy with you. Also wear short shorts.

I just bought the Painkiller complete pack and I can't work out what is game what do I click which is Painkiller
The original was great, by the team behind Bulletstorm. The publisher then went out and got a bunch of modders to make some follow up games for a quick buck.

Just play the original.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Make sure to take bags of candy with you. Also wear short shorts.

The original was great, by the team behind Bulletstorm. The publisher then went out and got a bunch of modders to make some follow up games for a quick buck.

Just play the original.

WHISIS_ORIGINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom