• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

I would totally stalk deek
576ra.gif

I am concerned the acoustics might be shit? I saw U2 at ANZ Stadium and it was pretty bad due to the acoustics of the stadium
Oh no are you serious??! I was getting really excited since I've never done a stadium concert.

I saw them at the soundwave thing at scg, which is kinda similiar? It was fine I think.

I am concerned the acoustics might be shit? I saw U2 at ANZ Stadium and it was pretty bad due to the acoustics of the stadium
Were you sitting or in GA? I went to Foo Fighters late last year in a stadium and have mates who scored GA (I only got shitty seating since Ticketek is so rubbish). Sound was fine for them but for me since it was windy, at times the sound was absolutely terrible, and at other times fine (though never better).

Jintor

Anybody good with CSS and -transform coding? I'm trying to work out a bug with my shitty-ass tumblr and I can't figure it out at all.

That was awesome. The show is pitiful.
Why did Micallef do this? Because Your Generation isn't coming back (I think) so he doesn't owe Channel 10 anything?

Pretty sure you can log in with a Spotify account if you already have one, otherwise you need to use FB.

Here. Had OK Computer on this morning, was pretty cool.

cheers!

anyone been to a concert at the SFS?

Coldplay is back this November but for some reason has gone to the SFS (possibly because it has a higher capacity than Acer Arena)

i paid $140 to see coldplay last time, ive seen them twice and they are fucking amazing in concert and i want to go again, but SFS worries me.

Yeah Moshi Monsters is HUGE. It's basically WoW for the under 12 market. Not a word about it on GAF.

My lil bros play it and they can't even read!

you went to a stadium gig and you expected good sound?

New wembley? It's not in Australia but still. (Was designed by Aussies too!)
I'm not sure if I'm recalling it right but I think I watched an episode of that Richard Hammond doco on it and Old Wembley had shit sound and they designed New Wembley to have good acoustics.

Happy birthday Salazar.

Fucking sweet jebus. Doom 3, modded:

Also, Torchlight 2 is the shit. So great.

And Sal's posting too many pictures of that same girl again. Presenting, a break in your regular programming:
aQtYS.jpg

eZ52h.jpg

wN1hx.jpg

God she's cute. Though I can't stand the New Girl.

CotD was bragging on facebook about 33k hits on their website this morning. More than 2000 FB users complaining about being unable to buy Diablo 3, wonder if anyone even got a copy? Was it just a ploy to generate hits and make money?

Sounds about right. Like most of their big "sales" I'm sure it's mainly to get people onto their mailing lists.

Happy Birthday again Sal!

Extended battery for Galaxy S2 for $25 at Telstra
A novel bundle idea, although they have already had them in their earlier bundles

Fucking sweet jebus. Doom 3, modded:
The power of the Sikkmod mod. So good.

Also
e1085056ece3285eb3f0a2b3db140209-576x432.jpg

I refuse to go to:

a) Arena gigs
b) Festivals

Both options are awful. Also, I am old and jaded.
I really enjoyed seeing NIN at Rod Laver, was expecting it to have terrible sound when I told everyone where it was but it was fantastic, like an explosion all over my face.

Also V Festival a few years back was amazeballs, just for QOTSA and Smashing Pumpkins alone! Too much running around or shitty bands to sit through that you have already seen a dozen times at BDO lately though. Soundwave has had killer lineups.

After playing through the Diablo 3 beta a couple of months back, and now the Torchlight 2 beta this past weekend (I played through it once and another 2/3 of it as a different character), I can't figure out what it was about Diablo 3 that made me not like it, and what it was about Torchlight 2 that made me like it. It's odd, really. The only thing I can think of is that I was hyped for Diablo 3 and not for Torchlight 2, but I really wasn't interested in Diablo 3 beforehand, and I didn't care for the Torchlight demo when I played it last year...

Does anyone have a guest pass for Diablo 3? Wouldn't mind comparing. How long do the passes last?

Edit: Waaaait a sec... The guess pass only allows you to play up to the same part as the beta... Maybe that's not going to change my mind.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
After playing through the Diablo 3 beta a couple of months back, and now the Torchlight 2 beta this past weekend (I played through it once and another 2/3 of it as a different character), I can't figure out what it was about Diablo 3 that made me not like it, and what it was about Torchlight 2 that made me like it. It's odd, really. The only thing I can think of is that I was hyped for Diablo 3 and not for Torchlight 2, but I really wasn't interested in Diablo 3 beforehand, and I didn't care for the Torchlight demo when I played it last year...

Does anyone have a guest pass for Diablo 3? Wouldn't mind comparing. How long do the passes last?

Pass will likely be forever, given that it's being released as a starter pack soon.

Kritz

Banned
FYI Danoss,

I am still interested in role play night. Haven't been pushing for it because I am in the middle of exam country. Sometime late June would be my best date.

I know GAF hates all things Kinect, but Kung Fu Superstar (jesus it just took me four times to type that and its not even 10am) looks like it could be kind of cool.
If it uses slow mo (as the trailer would suggest) it could be a way of avoiding lag issues. Not that I'll get it because I don't have a Kinect, but at least there are some cool concepts coming out for it.

jambo

My favourite song is probably Pyramid Song, hopefully that one turned out well in 8-bit.

EDIT: Oh, he only did 2 albums

Gazunta

Am I the only one that hates "8-bit" being applied to anything and everything?

World of difference between the NES, C64 and Spectrum sound hardware and it's capabilities.

I haven't heard the Radiohead stuff so can't comment but I've seen plenty of "8-bit" remixes of songs that are in stereo, have more than three channels playing at once, sampled sounds that would exceed real 8-bit machine memory limits etc...just bugs me

World of difference between the NES, C64 and Spectrum sound hardware and it's capabilities.

I haven't heard the Radiohead stuff so can't comment but I've seen plenty of "8-bit" remixes of songs that are in stereo, have more than three channels playing at once, sampled sounds that would exceed real 8-bit machine memory limits etc...just bugs me

Bittunes or Chiptunes is a better catchall genre tag.

jambo

It's more in the style of 8-bit stuff, not sticking exactly to the hardware specifications.

You grumpy old man =P

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

NEEEEEEEEEEEERD

Stackboy

SPOTIFY is now available in Australia. THATS OUR COUNTRY!

I got to check out Spotify on my trip to the States recently and really liked it. Glad to see it in Aus. There's a few holes with artists and albums missing (tried to listen to the new Temper Trap album yesterday but it wasn't available) but for a free service it's rock solid.

interesting thank you. Have linked it to my last.fm but i'm yet to work out how to get it to recommend me random tracks based on my preferences rather than me have to search / start a pre made playlist

If you listen to an artists "radio station" it feeds you that artist and similar bands.

http://www.plogue.com/products/chipsounds/

Aon

I wonder how on earth the Yak team will have enough resources to model 5 cities in the detail they have for Roppongi and that US army base coastal town.

Also, I REALLY hope Dragon's Dogma breaks street date today.

Please look out for such news and relay it to me!

Love Love,

Aon

Choc

Banned
I wonder how on earth the Yak team will have enough resources to model 5 cities in the detail they have for Roppongi and that US army base coastal town.

Also, I REALLY hope Dragon's Dogma breaks street date today.

Please look out for such news and relay it to me!

Love Love,

Aon

Sapporo, Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka

Not exactly small cities eitehr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom