• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

If it was full of whimsy like the gif then I'm on board. Makes me think we need some funny games with popular mascots. Not unintentionally funny like Diablo 3, but clever funny.

Yep. A game that doesnt take itself seriously, whilst revelling in the atmosphere typical of both series would be awesome. I hope its real, it could be the revival both series need in a wider audience - opening up more "proper" sequels later.

An article by the head of the Aus Christian lobby is up on the drum, and youll never guess, but its the gays who are intolerant!

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4024026.html

Also dont let them legislate another stolen generation!

Typical christian taliban rubbish. What they dont understand is "the Gays" are already living together in large numbers of de-facto type relationships. This has no impact on anyone elses' life. If they were married, it would be exactly the same except for the bigots having to book time off on saturdays to go and protest.

Kritz try not to let your slack team members bother you. I had the exact same experience at QANTM. Two of us worked our butts off, three of us didn't. The two of us who worked ended up getting jobs at Krome and the others never even got a look in the games industry.

BrisGAF (BestGAF) - July 2-4 weeknights are good for me. Somewhere in Brisbane / Fortitude Valley?

I worked my ass off at AIE and got blown out the water by everyone elses games. :lol Now not in the games industry. ;_;

senahorse

Totally, but it's not going to happen. It's already one of the most heavily subsidised networks in the country.

I once heard that the costs of the ticketing system and the administration/policing of it cost more than they get back in fares in Brisbane. Not sure how true that is and it was around the time of the old system, maybe that's why we have had so many fare hikes in recent times lol.

oi you best be quiet with whats in the post

:)

You DO read my posts!
Thanks Choc, I intend to detail my experience with the game considering I am a big fan of the originals and love shooting people to death. Also since I play most games on 360 I will be able to critique the PS3 edition quite well I believe.

If only my son was old enough to experience it with me.
Maybe next time!

Yagharek

So if I were to take a couple of days off from work around the time of E3, what days would be best? Taking into consideration I'm only really interested in the main 3 conferences.

markot

Banned
So if I were to take a couple of days off from work around the time of E3, what days would be best? Taking into consideration I'm only really interested in the main 3 conferences.

The one that is on teh day that the Nintendo conference is on. Cause its the only good one ever.

I know I'm going to hell for laughing at this video on the OT
Korean teacher: "Please give me Coke."

to be fair, Korean is not the only accent to have difficult saying Coke. That's why it's safer to ask for coca cola in the non english-speaking world. Or Pepsi. That said, I need to watch this video again

Yagharek

Wednesday 6th, starts at 2am! aest

Oh good, so midnight here. Which means I'll just take the 6th off. How easy is it going to be to find a live stream? I havent done this before, only watched on delay via gametrailers.

edit: what is this?

(╯°□°)╯

Brisbane needed a subway system thirty years ago.
I suppose it's too late/ costly now right?
BrisGAF, I've picked my dates and flights. I'll be available from Jun 28 through July 5 (although I fly out that evening, so can't do anything late).

In terms of others:

Marsh comes back on the 29th, so pretty much anything is OK with him and Kritz will be there from the 2nd-8th but is busy on the 5th.

Hence, to fit everybody, we'd need to do a meetup on a weekday evening of the 2nd-4th of July. I'd like to keep the 4th free as well if that's at all possible, though. If you prefer to do a weekend thing, perhaps with board games, I'm all for it, too.
Anyway, I'm just a Brissy ex-pat, so I'll leave it up to the guys that still live there permanently to decide on what actually happens. Sorry for taking so long to finalise dates...
I'm on uni break so whenever is fine by me ^^
And the price is going up every year, atleast I know the trains are not sure about the busses.

Compared to England it's a bargain.
I've heard Brisbane has one of the most expensive in the world.

Choc

Banned
:)

You DO read my posts!
Thanks Choc, I intend to detail my experience with the game considering I am a big fan of the originals and love shooting people to death. Also since I play most games on 360 I will be able to critique the PS3 edition quite well I believe.

If only my son was old enough to experience it with me.
Maybe next time!

just a warning to you with the little man. The word cunt is uttered many times in the game.

Its the UK version. I am not entirely sure the AU verison is without cuts

Danoss

Oh, wow. We often saw guys like that while we were playing DnD as well. They never bothered us, they just went off to a different channel on their own.

At that, they were an Australian group. I managed to hear a bit of them while I jumped in and started spamming my soundboard.

As long as they're not cutting off AusGAF, I don't really care.

Well, if they don't bother you guys, then they don't bother me.

I believe that the server details were publicly listed in this thread, so they may be AusGAF lurkers. If they are taking up slots that you guys need or are being terrible, please bring it to my attention immediately. If urgent, get Clipper to ring me, he has my phone number I believe. Don't worry, you won't be interrupting anything.

just a warning to you with the little man. The word cunt is uttered many times in the game.

Its the UK version. I am not entirely sure the AU verison is without cuts
Heh, I wasn't going to let him watch. The fiancee is completely against him watching anything violent or with guns for now, which is understandable. Trying him on some Simpsons but even then I am being selective (well, more selective than just Seasons 2-9).

e3times2012.png

question: is spotify like pandora? y/n
It's green, not blue.

Indications right now are that we'll probably end up buying something with 3/4 bedrooms in Springfield Lakes, which is technically part of Ipswich.
You be stepping in my hood, bro. If you do end up out here I'll send word to the street that you cool.

Personally, after i lived with my parents out in forest lake and Springfield lakes growing up i am happy to never step foot out that way again. If it means i continue renting, i will do so.
Apart from accessibility (which is improving) I have no issues with the area. If I end up going out - which is rare - it takes a while to get places; apart from that the area suits my meagre needs. For the price, I'd much rather have a yard and extra floor space than live in an apartment.

I can definitely see why that wouldn't be preferable for some people, though, and would prefer living close to the city.

Man Springfield is nice. The fact its in Ipswich shouldn't get you down the whole area is pretty decent and getting some cool shit there. Its an odd place seeing its still so underdevelopment, but its a nice place, there are a lot worse places to live.

Also, being in Ipswich you should then buy my newspaper. Do it. It's not always shit. WE CAN START IPSGAF!!
Posse up, yo!

Springfield lakes is kind of in the middle of no-where though right?
Yep. As far as I'm concerned, that's the whole point. Having said that, if I could spend the same money for the same land and house size I would much prefer to be closer to friends and the city.

The last time I posted in a Sony conference thread, Raping Granny threatened to sodomise me :/
This sentence intrigues me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom