• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My facebook is filling up with spam for a petition to have David Tennant light the Olympic flame 'just like in that one episode'.

I'm pretty sure they've already chosen all the runners...

Just Ten fans salty that Matt Smith is one of the runners. Basically:

AX8Vz.jpg

My facebook is filling up with spam for a petition to have David Tennant light the Olympic flame 'just like in that one episode'.

I'm pretty sure they've already chosen all the runners...
Surprised people remember the superior Doctor. Would love to have a wine and cheese night with him and Dylan Moran. I hope that is a Kickstarter reward at some point. $1000 ON THE TABLE GUYS.

Cut the rope is pretty decent. Thanks reptile.
It really is awesome, lots of levels and actually takes some thought. Good fun timewaster you can bring up for 30 seconds at a time.

K-pop is great, but J-pop is kinda meh comparatively. Except radwimps, they are also great.
jMetal is also awesome.

Poor Markot getting piledived about doctor who.

Surprised people remember the superior Doctor. Would love to have a wine and cheese night with him and Dylan Moran. I hope that is a Kickstarter reward at some point. $1000 ON THE TABLE GUYS.

That would be amazing. I'm pretty sure most people remember him - he is the favourite. Personally I like him and Matt Smith about the same, but Tennant definitely has the better episodes (and companions).

jMetal is also awesome.

nice!

Update: mentioned Matt Smith carrying the torch to people on facebook, there's now a split between "that's good enough for me!" and "I can't comprehend it! Why would he have regenerated before the Olympics?! This isn't cannon at all!"

jambo

I dunno whether it was the writing of Russell T Davies or Tennant, but after watching the Matt Smith and Steven Moffat series, I just can't watch a lot of the 10th Doctor stuff. Something about it just seems so... off.

It's hard to explain.

Yagharek

Sherlock is more enjoyable than Dr Who though I find. Both are ace, but Watson is better than any companion character, thus clinching it.

That would be amazing. I'm pretty sure most people remember him - he is the favourite. Personally I like him and Matt Smith about the same, but Tennant definitely has the better episodes (and companions).
Strongly disagree. Moffat is superior to Davies in just about every way.

Yagharek

How do I sign up for Spotify if I don't want to use a Facebook account?

Led Zepplin - Wish You Were Here

I mentioned my discovery of them this past week. Obviously only just starting to gain a remote semblance of familiarity with less than a handful of songs.

I simply cannot believe that this band was doing what they did in the 1960s (just). Fucking phenomenal.

Dead Man

I mentioned my discovery of them this past week. Obviously only just starting to gain a remote semblance of familiarity with less than a handful of songs.

I simply cannot believe that this band was doing what they did in the 1960s (just). Fucking phenomenal.

Yeah, it's easy to write them off until you actually listen to full albums and consider what else was being done at the time.

EDIT: Facebook only? Well at least that saves me $12 a month!

Wait what? >_< Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here and Led Zepplin - Presence. Damn brain fart.

You owe it to yourself to watch as many docos about them as you can find. Live in Australia. So gooood.

Also Pink Floyd. That time around the Wish You Were Here album is incredible to find out about.

Yagharek

Yeah, it's easy to write them off until you actually listen to full albums and consider what else was being done at the time.

Hell, compare it to anything since and there are very few artists I'm aware of who could make great rock music like that. They sound more like a late 70s/early 80s band than a late 60s one too. And this is just my initial impression of LZ I and II. I'm sure there are plenty, given I'm obviously just discovering a 42 year old classic, but nothing contemporary is even remotely on the same level. The closest is probably QOTSA and Them Crooked Vultures.

Wait what? >_< Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here and Led Zepplin - Presence. Damn brain fart.

You owe it to yourself to watch as many docos about them as you can find. Live in Australia. So gooood.

Also Pink Floyd. That time around the Wish You Were Here album is incredible to find out about.

I'm currently on multiple frequent listenings to DSOTM. The lunatic is on the grass. The whole album is a joy to listen to.

Danoss

Apparently you could initially, but you definitely can't now. It's Facebook or nothing. Do what I did, use a fake account.

Wow, unbelievable. I don't have a facebook account at all, my last job kinda required that I have one, but when it asked for my phone number I canceled out of it. Fuck that shit.

markot

Banned
I signed up for spotify, it sucks but spotify is worth it >.>! Hopefully they drop the facebook req... but breath holding no.

No it's not, they ask for it to prove that you're a real person. Without it the registration process doesn't complete properly.

I registered without phoneage. Just emailage.

Danoss

Lol its optional.. Reading comprehension!

Unless it has changed or something was out of whack, it was there. I tested out the sign up then and it didn't ask. Previously it had said something like "to ensure legitimate accounts are being created, please provide a phone number or credit card number so we can verify your identity".

Unless it has changed or something was out of whack, it was there. I tested out the sign up then and it didn't ask. Previously it had said something like "to ensure legitimate accounts are being created, please provide a phone number or credit card number so we can verify your identity".
If that's the case then they must be using my fake number to call! Lol

Danoss

If that's the case then they must be using my fake number to call! Lol

After doing some googling, it seems some accounts are flagged for this request, while the majority aren't. So essesntially, just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean they don't do it.

It doesn't bother me, I don't want a facebook account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom