• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-order for like $40! Doooo it! The first game was awesome fun. The Jintor preview made it sound like the combat is a lot like The Witcher 2 actually (or at least how I played TW2)

Doing it before the GMG deal is up.

Hahaha! We are kindred spirits.

I know right. Sounds like the game is going to consume me....

This year is ridiculous for RPGs.

Fridayton.

Still useless in Australia since it probably won't happen here and if it does, lag will be on par with Diablo 3.

When I was in an old Gaikai beta for the advertising model they ended up getting it running okay for me in the end. Was quite impressive to just load up Mass Effect 2 in my browser. Perry is a brilliant guy so I have faith in it working.

I am mainly just happy that they went with Gaikai rather than OnLive.

They changed it. They send you an activation code to your phone. Its balls.

I made one up last week without any mobile number. Its funny, when I put in blatantly wrong/made up info, it still comes up with "people you may know".

I made a fake Facebook account for these sorts of things. Don't see the big deal.

I just don't like having things I'm paying for tied to other services, especially when the other service is facebook.

Shaneus

Oh, also forgot to mention that I only got home at around 8:30pm tonight because of an accident at an intersection in Werribee.

Freight train vs. car.

Fatality :(

Can only assume that with the weather, traffic was gnarly and someone tried to sneak across the tracks (very, very, VERY stupid) and the dude paid the ultimate price.

ZOE0 and Jet Set PSVita. Today was a good day.

Also Max Payne in a suit. So good. Also Mario Memory! And Hello Kitty Monopoly!

That Sleeping Dogs game looks hilarious. Please don't get banned.
GreenManGaming has got you covered!
$35 pre-order with GREEN-SUMME-RDEAL coupon for LE with some DLC stuff!

It was True Crime 3 before it got cancelled and Square picked it up for 12 months of polish and release.

Oh, also forgot to mention that I only got home at around 8:30pm tonight because of an accident at an intersection in Werribee.
You ordered a Bacon shirt from Woot right?

Because mine arrived today and we should hang out and eat bacon.

Shaneus

You ordered a Bacon shirt from Woot right?

Because mine arrived today and we should hang out and eat bacon.
Totally got mine, too! Surprised me, had completely forgotten about it.

Hanging out and eating bacon is on my to-do list, for sure. Although, whilst the package isn't opened yet, I may have been a little ambitious with the sizing. Will starve myself for the next few days, then we'll be right!

Shaneus

Wait, holy shit. We're getting True Crime 3? Glad it wasn't totally lost. Thank Christ. Didn't mind one of the first two (whichever one I played). Sounds like (from the trailer) that there's a few big-name actors in it. The head dude from Big Trouble in Little China, the Asian-American guy from Lost, that British guy I've heard somewhere too. So, so glad it was picked up. It looks like the game I think I hoped the Yakuza series to be.

Edit: English guy sounds like the English consulate dude from the first Rush Hour. I doubt it's him, but it's a very similar vibe.

Ydahs

Does anyone know of a website that tracks all songs played on local radio stations?

Could make for a fun little project.

Choc

Banned
This gif wins the internet

iv1byqw46bddC.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Alan Wake's American Nightmare was fantastic. Faaantastic.

What a satisfying purchase.

Shaneus

It's TC3? Well that gets me interested.
Oh, you're fucking kidding me. Looks like that code has *just* expired. Clicked "buy now" on the page I had open from an hour or two ago, entered the code and it said it was expired.

Fuck.

Did they say how long that code was supposed to last, reptile? It seems like it was only just put up (especially if you only just mentioned it). Maybe they don't have them available for that long now :/

Edit: Use GREEN-SUMME-RDEAL. Brings it to $36.

Yagharek

Freight train vs. car.

Fatality :(

Can only assume that with the weather, traffic was gnarly and someone tried to sneak across the tracks (very, very, VERY stupid) and the dude paid the ultimate price.

Ouch. Can't imagine a more ominous thing to see coming straight for you.

hamchan

Today I learnt thanks to reddit:

Do not play SEA servers in Dota 2 if you're with Optus. Optus routes all its SEA traffic through US West, so it goes Australia -> US West -> SEA -> US West -> Australia for a response.

So it's actually 3 times the ping for me when I play SEA servers compared to just playing on US West.

Shaneus

Ouch. Can't imagine a more ominous thing to see coming straight for you.
Just heard something on the radio now about it, saying this woman's car had just (for some reason) stopped on the intersection. Hadn't heard/read anything about it on the news since it happened (looked a LOT on the net last night) other than what my brother told me they mentioned on the news last night. Very odd and incredibly sad.

Apparently V/line also organised buses for people waiting at Southern Cross Station first before those of us that were stuck at other stations. Quite shit on their part, but trivial all things considering.

Totally got mine, too! Surprised me, had completely forgotten about it.

Hanging out and eating bacon is on my to-do list, for sure. Although, whilst the package isn't opened yet, I may have been a little ambitious with the sizing. Will starve myself for the next few days, then we'll be right!
I got a large and it fits my apple 88Kg frame at the moment comfortably. Hopefully it still sits okay when I drop 10Kg, my favourite Cannibal Pride T-Shirt will look way too big :(

Can't join the club since I only have pork and parma ham in the fridge at the moment... :/
You can always duck to the supermarket and get some bacon! Always make time for bacon!

It's TC3? Well that gets me interested.
Wait, holy shit. We're getting True Crime 3?
Yeah they picked up the project and didn't buy the IP rights, which is understandable since it wouldn't have been worth it. Just tout it as a spiritual sequel to the True Crime series and save the cash!

Also here is the bananas trailer that makes it look like GTA meets Yakuza meets True Crime. Day One purchase for me; it will be great fun with a lot of content AND I can show support in the faith Square have had in picking up the project and keeping the developers in work. They have beat me like a red headed stepchild in regards to their RPG legacy this generation but their new acquisitions have been some of the highlights of the last few years.

Does anyone know of a website that tracks all songs played on local radio stations?

Could make for a fun little project.
jPlay for Triple J, even if it is a little annoying and slow to get updated.

This gif wins the internet
Still some time until e3 Choc, it is going to be an awesome ride! Thread is already full of winners.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare was fantastic. Faaantastic.

What a satisfying purchase.
Review? I love the fuck out of it. Fixes a lot of my issues with the first game and the story is much, much improved.

Oh, you're fucking kidding me. Looks like that code has *just* expired. Clicked "buy now" on the page I had open from an hour or two ago, entered the code and it said it was expired.

Edit: Use GREEN-SUMME-RDEAL. Brings it to $36.
Nope, that is the code I posted lol

Shaneus

Oh shit! Bahahaha. I was talking about the one on the actual GMG website that offered it for 30% off. Something like SLEEP-ROVER-SLEEP.

And showing support for Squeenix? Sign me up. As long as it brings Just Cause 3 closer to me.

Should I play American Nightmare after vanilla Alan Wake or doesn't it really matter?

Also, not bacon but I'm about to head to my local butcher that has the most amazing beef jerky. I should wear my bacon t-shirt.

Oh shit! Bahahaha. I was talking about the one on the actual GMG website that offered it for 30% off. Something like SLEEP-ROVER-SLEEP.

Should I play American Nightmare after vanilla Alan Wake or doesn't it really matter?
It IS 30% off! Automatic 10% off because they usually do that for pre-orders and then;
Use voucher code GREEN-SUMME-RDEAL for an extra 20% off at the checkout. Valid until 31st May 1100 UTC.
Which is the one I posted! It is all on the Sleeping Dogs page too. That other code I think was used a week or two ago before they started the current pre-order promotion that also includes Darksiders 2 and Game of Thrones.

Also play Alan Wake first! American Nightmare picks up where the first game ends storywise so it would be best to play the original first.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
But. Cover shooter. My mind melts.

It's not really a cover shooter is it? I mean there's cover but you can still run around like an idiot and use bullet time to kill people.

Uncompressed textures and audio. Hopefully it looks and sounds amazing and actually runs well.

It's not really a cover shooter is it? I mean there's cover but you can still run around like an idiot and use bullet time to kill people.
I will do a full write up in here soon but..... you kinda do play it as a cover shooter. Shoot dodging is the worst option 99% of the time, just walking out and going into slow mo so you can line up a head shot (ANY bullet gun can get a headshot at ANY range even when you can just see a dot in the distance) rather than jumping out which seems to take the bullet trajectory more serious. Plus if you go into a dive and don't clean up all the enemies you are pretty fucked. Cover is ample and the most effective way to clear house or organise them into a system for you to follow to take them out without getting shot.

Salazar

THE Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, was not consulted on a deal allowing Gina Rinehart to import more than 1700 foreign workers to help build a massive iron ore project in Western Australia.

It is understood the Treasurer, Wayne Swan, who has been railing against Ms Rinehart for months for supposedly using her wealth to influence public policy to suit her self-interest, found out only on Monday.

Jesus fucken christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom