• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

NSW, FUCK YOU FOR TAKING STUPID DECISIONS

Choc, the only one going absolutely ballistic over this is you. It could be a nice rational discussion if you don't just go off about it. Some things that you've said indicate that you're not fully aware of the rules of the game.

Also, what stupid NSW decision/s are you even talking about?

Deeku

Now for something completely different:

http://i.imgur.com/JL0LV.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
:O

They look really good!

On a related note, someone bought me some awesome salted caramel macaroons from melbourne. Sooo good!

[quote="Fredescu, post: 38156352"]Not disclosing important information about something you're selling is fraud. It doesn't matter that there aren't specific laws against it. When LJ Hooker North Ryde sold a murder house to a buddhist family a few years ago, did you think that was shady?[/QUOTE]
From what I've read, the public filing was revised with the warnings of possible negative effects on results re mobile advertising and user growth. But this didn't trickle down to retail/public for whatever reason.

Oh god, got up off the couch and was so cold I couldn't breath, layer down in front of the heater hyperventilating. Thankfully it heats up pretty quick

I don't bother using it anymore, it was decent during the first few weeks.

Also I missed out on the 20% off asos sale, not happy :(
You should have followed my twitter account!

Deeku

Defrauding the retail/public, probably.
Crap! I shouldn't have said that last line. Those filings are probably only available to select investors/ institutional.

I totally see what you, fred etc are saying, though. It's just...I don't know, fraud and shady is too strong. Unfair, I agree.

Actually, last week Hong Kong proposed new ipo rules that allows bankers/clients to be jailed over false information during the marketing process of the ipo. There was a huuuuge uproar lol. But it was more to do with making HK less competitive for ipos, and the grey area of when one should be prosecuted and who, rather than "oh noes we can't defraud people no more".

Choc

Banned
Choc, the only one going absolutely ballistic over this is you. It could be a nice rational discussion if you don't just go off about it. Some things that you've said indicate that you're not fully aware of the rules of the game.

Also, what stupid NSW decision/s are you even talking about?

Choosing to take 2 points when 40 metres out?

Danoss

Choosing to take 2 points when 40 metres out?

That would have brought the score level in a State of Origin game where points are at a premium. They didn't make it, but got the ball right back anyway and still didn't score.

What was stupid about it again?

Jintor

You know, sometimes I really regret not watching Community at the same time as everyone else. Waiting for the DVDs is a pain.

Kritz

Banned
Here's an update on my stupid uni game that I am making:

Windows .exe Build

I don't have any kind of hud or tutorial yet. So you'll have to bare with me.

Controls:
WASD - Movement
LMB - Shoot magic
RMB - Vomit
i - Invert mouse
Shift - melee attack (barely works)
Space - Jump

Mechanics:
Shoot enemies to become intoxicated. (This will be refitted into a powerup system)
The more intoxicated you are, the more damage you deal but the slower you move.
The opposite is true for being less intoxicated.

While shitty is intoxicated, he will randomly stumble, hampering player movement.

If Shitty becomes too intoxicated, he will involuntarily start throwing up everywhere. The player will lose movement control, and will have to wait for shitty to compose himself. (this takes way too long and will be quicker next build)

If the player vomits by pressing RMB, they suffer no movement penalty and intoxication decreases much faster.

Bugs:
[HIGH] Entering the cave crashes the game.
[LOW] Enemies will still animate even if dead.
[LOW] Shitty is slightly hovering above ground.
[LOW] Camera will sometimes enter geometry.
[LOW] Turning the camera to face shitty will cause shitty to shoot himself (lol).
[DON'T CARE] Possible to escape map.

Planned additions:
[HIGH] Hold down LMB to power up attacks
[HIGH] HUD
[HIGH] Implement booze powerup system
[MED] Tutorial
[LOW] Texture some stuff
[NOPE] Add a horrible screen effect

Let me know what y'all think. Suggestions are helpful, especially ones that would be relatively easy to implement. Or just general comments.

Shit, I just remembered the shop I used to buy games in in the early 90s. Did any Sydney dudes ever got to MEGABLAST in Hornsby? I used to get all of my Megadrive games there before franchises, before Kmart stocked the newest stuff...

Jon Benjamin Has A Van is hilarious!

Bugs:
[HIGH] Entering the cave crashes the game.
[LOW] Enemies will still animate even if dead.
[LOW] Shitty is slightly hovering above ground.
[LOW] Camera will sometimes enter geometry.
[LOW] Turning the camera to face shitty will cause shitty to shoot himself (lol).
[DON'T CARE] Possible to escape map.

You think? Lol.

Yagharek

Crap! I shouldn't have said that last line. Those filings are probably only available to select investors/ institutional.

I totally see what you, fred etc are saying, though. It's just...I don't know, fraud and shady is too strong. Unfair, I agree.

Actually, last week Hong Kong proposed new ipo rules that allows bankers/clients to be jailed over false information during the marketing process of the ipo. There was a huuuuge uproar lol. But it was more to do with making HK less competitive for ipos, and the grey area of when one should be prosecuted and who, rather than "oh noes we can't defraud people no more".

People's tolerance for bullshit diminishes rapidly when the tally of defrauded funds tops the $15 trillion mark. Just saying.

That would have brought the score level in a State of Origin game where points are at a premium. They didn't make it, but got the ball right back anyway and still didn't score.

What was stupid about it again?

Carney is a pretty poor kicker and it was a difficult kick. We were rolling over QLD at that point and their forwards were really struggling. We hadn't had a set that started on their line for ages and they would have struggled to hold us out.

Taking the 2 gave them a big rest which they were desperate for and wasted one of our few chances to get down on their line. I don't think it was a stupid decision but i wanted them to kick for touch.

Deeku

Coldplay tickets in 15 mins:eek:

The people I'm going with are definitely in regardless of possible crappy acoustics/experience due to stadium gig, so I guess I'm going too!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You know, sometimes I really regret not watching Community at the same time as everyone else. Waiting for the DVDs is a pain.

Why wait for the dvd's?

Watch now, buy when they come out. That's what I do.

Majority of my dvd collection is still shrinkwrapped lol :(

Stackboy

Hey reptile and maybe others. THPSHD soundtrack has been revealed. Not all the classics are there, but most are!

Pretty happy with this soundtrack. Nice throwbacks to 90's punk/ska. PICKITUP PICKITUP PICKITUP PICKITUUUUUPPPP.

Guys should check out the last few posts of the Community thread if you enjoy the show. Or check the Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/community/comments/u1i9b/well_i_was_thinking_about_accepting_season_4_but/

Part of me wants to watch the next season, simply because I've loved everything previously, but I know it won't be anything like it was.

Pumped I finally get to see Indie Game the Movie on June 12th, especially since I helped fund it so long ago.

jambo

You sure you aren't seeing a good band like. Something other than Coldplay?

Speaking of 'best gigs' and such. Best band I have seen was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95QS3c_Tei4

By, like, a long fucking way. Flawless.

Man I'd love to see Porcupine Tree.

Best gig I've ever seen is Roger Waters doing The Wall earlier this year in Sydney. Absolutely blew every other gig I've see out of the water. I think it actually spoiled live gigs for me, nothing will ever come close to the absolute spectacle that I witnessed.

And I saw Coldplay live way back when they first toured Australia and they were great. Lots of acoustic covers and crowd interaction and they played a lot of stuff from Parachutes, which is my favourite album by a huge margin.

F25t1.png

$5 free credit at GreenManGaming! Once the free offer is finished it will be worth $5 trade in towards other game

Android Gaming!
Avadon: The Black Fortress for $5.11!
Swords & Soldiers for $1.02!
Steam Gaming!
Death Spank 2: The Baconing! for $3!
Binding of Isaac for $2!

Also awesome interview with the Respawn guys. Choice quote:
So he tries to break into the Infinity Ward server to read emails. He sees there is a firewall there, but he breaks through the firewall. He's now seeing their email server, but he can't make any sense out of it. So he calls Microsoft and says, "Hey we have this Microsoft Exchange server out at Infinity Ward. Can you help us figure out how to break the password and read ­the ­emails?"

Microsoft said, "Do you have a court order? This makes us feel very uncomfortable."

Also: Steam now selling movies, well, Indie Game the Movie anyway - http://store.steampowered.com/app/207080/
Awesomesauce, more people will take notice of it now.

You sure you aren't seeing a good band like. Something other than Coldplay?

Speaking of 'best gigs' and such. Best band I have seen was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95QS3c_Tei4

By, like, a long fucking way. Flawless.
Best show I saw was NIN, not sure if I would rate 2007 at the Metro higher than 2009 at Festival Hall.

20120525_1037288oez3.jpg

BEST DAY EVA! Did yours arrive yet Shaneus? Little guy loves it, educational!
(ignore my shitty sickman beard)

F25t1.png

iBargain!
Cut The Rope: Experiments for free on iPod! and on iPad HD!

Harvey Norman going out of business probably sale!
Samsung Galaxy S2 for $394! White and Black!
RAGE on 360/PS3 for $10

Best gig I've ever seen is Roger Waters doing The Wall earlier this year in Sydney. Absolutely blew every other gig I've see out of the water. I think it actually spoiled live gigs for me, nothing will ever come close to the absolute spectacle that I witnessed.

And I saw Coldplay live way back when they first toured Australia and they were great. Lots of acoustic covers and crowd interaction and they played a lot of stuff from Parachutes, which is my favourite album by a huge margin.
The spectacle thing is cool but I am kinda burnt out on light shows and all the fancy on stage stuff. Generally if there is less going on I can appreciate the music more.

Also it is always awesome when a band plays songs for the fans rather than playing what would be considered 'live' songs so they don't bore the attendees who don't know their back catalogue as well as the singles.

I dunno, there's something about non-animated shows that I don't like watching as it airs
Mainly because it doesn't seem to move along much and it is easier to ingest in one big block. I do the same thing. Stuff that has story arcs I will wait for the season to end rather than have a whole week in between viewings, same reason I don't watch one half of a movie today and then another half next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom