• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

the way this season has been going, western sydney will probably beat essendon ;)

Pfffft.

Essendon will probably be on top by percentage after tonight (and tomorrow). I dont think GWS are a bad side though, certainly going to be winning more often than not in 2-3 years.

Fired up Civ V at 10am this morning. Played straight through to 7pm. Still haven't finished a single game.
Heh, this was me too. After that first day I uninstalled lest I lose my life to that game.

Nah, feeling down today. Had a talk with a mutual friend of my ex and, well, yeah.
Fire up Facebook and see how people from your past are doing. Bound to be at least one basket case in there to cheer you up!

More productive: read something you wrote 4 years ago and see how far you have come along since then. Then read something you wrote 12 months ago and see how far you have come. Your life is getting better with age, don't ever forget that. What matters is who you are now, not who you could be with.

Yagharek

1st quarter

GWS - 5 scores

Essendon - 4 scores

All on the wrong side of the big sticks. Your point, if its to pay out on Essendon, would be better if you consider what happened when your lot played them.

At this stage, I'm just happy Essendon are doing better than last year. Being on top (assuming they win) now means nothing.

Salazar

tumblr_m4am9nbusk1qdc1iu7n.gif

midonnay

grandpa slippers were my first thought......

All on the wrong side of the big sticks. Your point, if its to pay out on Essendon, would be better if you consider what happened when your lot played them.

don't get too cocky, its now 9 scores to 7 >_>

edit: now 10!!! they scored a goal :O

Gamestop Steam codes sale! Protip: keep refreshing the page until it appears at this price as the site is fucking stupid. I have no idea why it changes price randomly. Make sure to choose USD to make it easier to check.

Saint's Row 3 for USD$12.77
Metro 2033 for USD$3.12

Rep just redeemed himself in the space of a page or so.
I guess burning my son's tongue set me back a bit. He had been a real jerk today though. I follow the Neil deGrasse Tyson school of parenting!

Try clearing your cookies. Can confirm it works at that price.

Advice ?

Hell, I don't care if you go barefoot. These things are fine, tho. The comfort of a slipper, the durability of an outdoors shoe.

I got these REALLLY comfy Reef shoes at their outlet in Torquay for $20, I don't think it was this 'model' but last years. Soooooo comfy and have held up extremely well considering I use them for doing yard work too! Best pair of comfy shoes I have ever had. Still plenty of sole and grippy enough that my uncoordinated arse hasn't fallen over.

Can someone with a Vita please do me a huge favour? We think my housemate's Vita has been stolen from our house, along with the charger. And she has a random figure 8 cable in her room that she thinks of from the charger, and that they just took the Vita+brick end of the cable. So if someone could post a good quality picture of both ends and possibly the cable if it has any text on it? Thanks heaps :/

Jintor

I am now feeling slightly better having discovered a youtube channel full of MIB The Animated Series episodes

Seriously, this show had some great-ass scripting.

Salazar

I am now feeling slightly better having discovered a youtube channel full of MIB The Animated Series episodes

I am soothing my own misery by finishing up Season 1 of Veronica Mars.

I have Season 3, but not Season 2.

Q: Do I carry on to Season 3, or should I wait until I grab Season 2 ?

Someone was asking for Spotify recommendations? I've run out of scotch so I won't try and pimp any more albums but here are two recommendations from me. I didn't think they would take so long to write :/

Dance Gavin Dance - Downtown Battle Mountain

Everything is just in perfect sync. All that cliched bullshit works here. You can call it screamo or emo or post-hardcore and it doesn't matter, it just feels like a perfect storm ebbing and flowing through to your ears. Lyrically your typical turn of man-age bullshit but eloquent enough to get the point across, the man wants a woman because of some inate desire inside of him that he does not yet understand but knows that if it is filled he can relax, he can feel whole, that the world isn't a rollercoaster throwing him around without grip. A bunch of metalheads had one man stand up and follow the slow/fast principle down to the letter, without the beautiful soaring voice of the vocalist contrasting with the equally desperate cries of the screamer it would seem harsh and unsettling but here it's two voices in one mind dragging through the bursting, confusing emotion that is needing something which you do not know.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

This is my mourning album. Built upon such beauty and you can feel the love and happiness radiating out of every note they crafted. Rather than a bleak, dreary eulogy it exemplifies the importance of the person next to you. Not that machine you use or the business that makes sure your car has a road to drive to work on. The friends who battle with you to breath another day, the people who connect and appreciate you enough to hope that you get enough food and water to survive in this harsh, fucked up world. The insistance that this world is out to kill us and we are all born to die but plenty are happy to fuck you over if it means they can prolong their pleasure for an instant longer, as if their extra 20c in the bank will mean they don't have to go to hell. That the numbers are stacked heavily in the "you are a small, insignificant speck on the arsehole of existance" stakes but some people are like you. Some people want you to be alive, some people want to love you, some people will help you. The bookends of the album are a tribute to life just existing, regardless of its purpose or point. Things fuck up, people change not only on their own whims, but the whims of being a dynamic creature that still cannot be completely qualified. That life may not be what you consider "good" or "normal" but that doesn't mean someone isn't enjoying it, that someone cannot find inner peace and live with a satisfaction we can't understand without being in their place. The title track itself is that need for connection, that wonder of where your place is and how someone can throw the jigsaw pieces in the air and maybe, maybe they will fall just perfectly to make everything feel right. But maybe, all that matters is that you are together, still trying to run over the same old ground. Making an effort. Giving it all a shot. Which might be what matters.

You should try and find the Sam & Max animated series. Found a torrent of it ages ago and it is so much fun, quality isn't great but it just has this hilarious air of not knowing why it exists.

I am soothing my own misery by finishing up Season 1 of Veronica Mars.

I have Season 3, but not Season 2.

Q: Do I carry on to Season 3, or should I wait until I grab Season 2 ?
I get the impression that you should not skip a season. I really do need to grab this at some point because Veronica Mars is really cute.

Yagharek

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

This is my mourning album. Built upon such beauty and you can feel the love and happiness radiating out of every note they crafted. Rather than a bleak, dreary eulogy it exemplifies the importance of the person next to you. Not that machine you use or the business that makes sure your car has a road to drive to work on. The friends who battle with you to breath another day, the people who connect and appreciate you enough to hope that you get enough food and water to survive in this harsh, fucked up world. The insistance that this world is out to kill us and we are all born to die but plenty are happy to fuck you over if it means they can prolong their pleasure for an instant longer, as if their extra 20c in the bank will mean they don't have to go to hell. That the numbers are stacked heavily in the "you are a small, insignificant speck on the arsehole of existance" stakes but some people are like you. Some people want you to be alive, some people want to love you, some people will help you. The bookends of the album are a tribute to life just existing, regardless of its purpose or point. Things fuck up, people change not only on their own whims, but the whims of being a dynamic creature that still cannot be completely qualified. That life may not be what you consider "good" or "normal" but that doesn't mean someone isn't enjoying it, that someone cannot find inner peace and live with a satisfaction we can't understand without being in their place. The title track itself is that need for connection, that wonder of where your place is and how someone can throw the jigsaw pieces in the air and maybe, maybe they will fall just perfectly to make everything feel right. But maybe, all that matters is that you are together, still trying to run over the same old ground. Making an effort. Giving it all a shot. Which might be what matters.

I really liked reading this, but I dont know why ducks struggling to break a layer of ice in their swimming bucket doesnt cheer people up more.

Maybe its just the same thing. Zen ducks, innit?

OSS 117 on SBS right now (in Vic)! Crazy French 60s style Bond!

What size game?

I always go a small map to start as I learn the ropes
No idea. Default everything. 5 nations including me, city states, continents. Close to launching the Alpha Centauri project in 1970s...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bah Fred, you gave me a bad build. I should of double checked, but the ram was incompatible. Will have to goto shop and replace :(

wat, why? The ram looks to be fine. While it isn't the exact model on their support list, That usually isn't a major issue.

What bios revision is the motherboard running? It might just need an update.

Also did you - Note1: It is recommended to install a memory module in DDR3_A2 or DDR3_B2 slot first!

So my family just got our visa approved - we will be moving to Perth for the next four years! I guess that will make me an honorary member of AusGaf. Any tips on moving to Australia from the U.S. (we come from Texas)?

Beat Hazard ULTRA is free on iPhone!

So my family just got our visa approved - we will be moving to Perth for the next four years! I guess that will make me an honorary member of AusGaf. Any tips on moving to Australia from the U.S. (we come from Texas)?

Make sure to bring plenty of firearms. Customs love that.

Also bear traps would be handy with all the Koalas that will try and rape your doors at night. Nothing worse than waking up and sleepily getting Koala semen all over your hand when you go out to the car in the garage.

Also import your games from the UK shit is stupidly priced over here for the most part.

Also Steam ID!

EDIT: Oh I guess we could help with socio-economic stuff too if you require specifics!

Salazar

Think carefully before you vote conservative. They're mongrels.

Perth has beefy sharks. Don't be silly and you'll be fine.

If you're putting on shoes that have been outside, kick em a few times so that anything that has crawled inside falls out. Or gets mad.

The ABC (national tv+radio broadcaster) is your friend. The Sydney Morning Herald is probably the best newspaper you could read.

He might be coming to work for her!
Not cheap enough! She would be picking up ex-USSR nuclear engineers for 3 rubles a day.

Rep has a place in his heart for Albrechtsen. Strict, ideologically-contemptible blonde in her late middle age. Rawr.
I like the cut of her jib, and her jeans.

Also anyone who finds Communism kinky is alright in my books. The Australian was the ragpaper that said Gillard and Swan should take us Red right?

Shaneus

I guess burning my son's tongue set me back a bit. He had been a real jerk today though. I follow the Neil deGrasse Tyson school of parenting!
Bahaha. That's an awesome mental image, the whole payback thing. But some shit's weird like that though. A mate's kid, even from the age of three or so, loved the SHIT out of wasabi peas. I still have trouble with them.

I got these REALLLY comfy Reef shoes at their outlet in Torquay for $20, I don't think it was this 'model' but last years. Soooooo comfy and have held up extremely well considering I use them for doing yard work too! Best pair of comfy shoes I have ever had. Still plenty of sole and grippy enough that my uncoordinated arse hasn't fallen over.
They look REALLY nice. I need a casual shoe that's not sneakers for occasionally going out and for work and stuff. I think sneakers in general make me look like some old guy trying to dress young :/
I also think I need some REALLY nice shoes. Like, expensive leather dress shoes. And a nice suit too... not that I have any specific occasions for it, but it's just always handy to have a good suit, I guess.

Logitech Gaming Keyboard G510 for $65 at DSE
I can vouch for those keyboards being awesome. Shit, I'd almost be tempted to buy a second one at that price, purely so if there's a warranty issue with my current one, I don't have to deal with Logitechshop.

PS.
pLeaD.gif

I win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom