• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS and Mario Tennis Open game for $199 at The Good Guys

Regarding E3: Anyone else hoping for a Majora's Mask 3DS remake announcement? It's been a loooooooooong time since I've played that and I really couldn't not be bothered hooking up my N64. You know I want it Nintendo.

linkfrytakemymoney.jpg
I'm one of those strange people who seem to love the hell out of MM without knowing why, when I think of Zelda all I can think about is MM stuff. It consumes me.

Although LttP is the best by a country mile.

uh guys its based on a fucking song that was no 1 for 4 weeks.
People still have music charts?

Choc

Banned
carly-rae-jepsen-call-me-maybe-interscope.jpg

Jintor

SydGAF Board Gamers. When's our next day going to be? It seems Marsh is busy this weekend now and then he'll be away until late June, so it doesn't have to be this weekend if there are better dates. When are you guys available and when would you prefer?

Is better later. I have tests until... I don't know, the 20th, 24th?

jambo

There was a 30 something year old guy in a suit on the bus this morning listening to Call Me Maybe with horrible earphones that were bleeding sound.

Then Sexy and I Know It came on...

Thanks! Hopefully we can get some tickets since I'm pretty sure we've watched his DVDs too many times not to see him live

That was my thinking as well.

Though I stupidly just checked and there are now gold tickets available, where were they an hour ago :( that will teach me for checking.

Choc

Banned
at least Qatar will be the worst world cup in history with shit attendances and some teams boycotting due to the heat

and then and only then will the cunts running FIFA be turfed and the whole thing started again.

It will be worth it.

at least Qatar will be the worst world cup in history with shit attendances and some teams boycotting due to the heat

and then and only then will the cunts running FIFA be turfed and the whole thing started again.

It will be worth it.

If profit growth goes down they will get a please explain but depends on how much power they can toss off behind the scenes.

Socks and heels is one look I will not tolerate.

It will be worth it.

Hmph, should've picked Australia.

It will be worth it.

The number of rich people per capita in Qatar will offset the losses more than likely.

175821.gif

Socks and heels is one look I will not tolerate.

What's so bad about it? My sister hates it pretty heavily too for some reason

midonnay

Couldn't Qatar bring in some ringers from other countries..... they have money to burn >_>

eg: Singapore and Malaysia often lure chinese table tennis players to represent them.

What's so bad about it? My sister hates it pretty heavily too for some reason

For the same reason I dislike sandals/thongs and socks I guess. Socks are for insulating closed in shoes and stuff... they're kinda superfluous if you wear them with open shoes, plus they just look funny.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I hate that song so much.

Hey, avatar watching people, I just finished! It was awesome.. but what the heck happened to zuko's mother!? It was like, finally we get to find out! Oh wait the series is over. Why even bother including zuko trying to find out?!?! Gaaaah.
that doesn't make it any less dumb tbqh
It's still a lame pua move, and not very original either!

Choc

Banned
wonzo imo it makes it more dumb

ill admit i lol'd at star wars

edit: Middonay under current FIFA rules it would be very hard

under current FIFA rules

Corruption will change it

Choc

Banned
i actually predict that if FIFA's bullshit continues, that countries will begin to dissasociate themselves from the main body

the FA has already started to do this by basically saying the premier league next year will have goal line technology even if FIFA in July says we don't want it. They are fed up with FIFA having a major control over their league which they run.

FFA has already told FIFA to fuck off on many an issue (such as the fact Australia is the only country which bans players on video replays after matches).

There is already a lot of discontent in many nations, some big (england) some small (AU). I think if UEFA ever broke away from FIFA, it would be over. UEFA is bigger than FIFA and more powerful, they just don't haev the balls to use their power.

Choc

Banned
i don't want to undermine the tragedy but htis happened in qatar today

A qatar mall burned down killing lots of people

Witness

""We were at the mall, in a large play area and a fire alarm went off. It was a very benign fire alarm, almost like a door bell. It certainly wasn't alarming like you would expect a fire alarm to be."

"I asked the attendant on the soft play area if it was something that we should be worried about. He said: 'Not at all. We had a fire alarm yesterday, don't worry.' So we continued," Bazley said

FIFA should be worried. Very worried.

So I was thinking about selling some of my rare games and things to raise some funds for an overseas trip. Problem is, I have no idea how to determine the rarity of any particular item.

The only thing I know is rare is a Mega Man X2 PAL SNES cart, which are going for $200 on ebay. That seems kind of outrageous to me.

Anyone know how I'd go about looking into this?

well, I'm now acquainted with that. next.

LFMAO- now that's some dire shit that's either going to be forgotten about or will replace Right Said Fred "I'm Too Sexy" everytime they do a story about models on TV.

So I was thinking about selling some of my rare games and things to raise some funds for an overseas trip. Problem is, I have no idea how to determine the rarity of any particular item.

The only thing I know is rare is a Mega Man X2 PAL SNES cart, which are going for $200 on ebay. That seems kind of outrageous to me.

Anyone know how I'd go about looking into this?

I was going to say "look at completed listings, not current ones, to get a proper gauge of what people are paying for things" but then I saw the only two showing up were the $200 copies that failed to sell. X2 isn't really going to go for that much (unless you've got it, like, complete and pristine I guess), I paid ~$60 for mine seven odd years back and I don't think the price has gone up that much since then.

That said, looking at the completed listings on eBay should give you something in the ballpark of what people are willing to pay for things. Just look through that for games you've got that you think might be worth something.

I was going to say "look at completed listings, not current ones, to get a proper gauge of what people are paying for things" but then I saw the only two showing up were the $200 copies that failed to sell. X2 isn't really going to go for that much (unless you've got it, like, complete and pristine I guess), I paid ~$60 for mine seven odd years back and I don't think the price has gone up that much since then.

That said, looking at the completed listings on eBay should give you something in the ballpark of what people are willing to pay for things. Just look through that for games you've got that you think might be worth something.

Thanks for that. I'm a ridiculous hoarder, with systems and games going back to the NES. I also used to scour the markets and places like Vinnes buying anything retro gaming related I could lay my hands on, usually for a pittance.

But when I was going through the cupboard at my parents place and found stuff like 2 Saturns and 2 Mega CD's just sitting there I thought it might finally be time to do something with some of it...

Choc

Banned
ITS TIME FOR THE MALCOLM TRAIN

Mr Abbott's personal support is at its lowest level since he won leadership of the opposition in 2009.

Gillards preferred to TA again in 2PP.

also 25% of people are numpties

Poll: Do you think Tony Abbott's negative approach is hurting his popularity?

Yes

72%
No

25%
Don't know
3%

Dead Man

ITS TIME FOR THE MALCOLM TRAIN

Mr Abbott's personal support is at its lowest level since he won leadership of the opposition in 2009.

Gillards preferred to TA again in 2PP.

also 25% of people are numpties

Poll: Do you think Tony Abbott's negative approach is hurting his popularity?

Yes

72%
No

25%
Don't know
3%

I'm kind of afraid of Turnbull, he is reasonable enough that he would sweep to victory, but I don't want a Liberal government, regardless of who is leading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom