• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
So here's what will be the final piece of submitted game for my Game Design class.

WASD is movement
Mouse1 is to shoot
Mouse2 is to vomit
i toggles look inversion

Get drunk to be more powerful. If you're too drunk you lose control and throw up. Kill the "boss" at the end of the second level to beat the game. You can't die. You can escape the map. The game generally isn't very fun. But it is for EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY. The bastards.

One of my team members appears to be trying to convince the tutor that the reason why he can only put down ~20 hours worth of work is because I "took control of the whole thing". So, if you guys hear of a homicide tomorrow, well. I'll see you all in thirty years. I have a 100 email chain as evidence that I was handing out jobs (that never got finished) to everyone. They were actively being read and responded to by most members of the team, too. So, there's that.

Apparently the hard science area in UTAS has next to no funding at the moment. The games lecture today was two hours of him asking the class (the 16 who showed up, which is funny because this was also the exam information lecture) where the fuck the course went wrong, why it was so boring, what's happening next year, the probability that by 2014 games won't be offered anymore. Real depressing stuff.

So, enjoy the bad video game I just spent 13 weeks making.

Choc

Banned
Yeah i like our system here. Just wish the major parties were more positive rather than bitching about each other all the time. I just vote for the one who will do the least damage in my mind.

before TA was in, there was a good balance between politics and attacks.

Now its just pure attacks. I've recently looked at the parliament website and the amount of bills awaiting voting at the moment due to the ongoign saga of fighting about thomson and arguing all day is phenomonal

they haven't voted on a bill in the last 2 weeks (about 8 days sitting)

Deeku

PC Handheld master race.
Aww yeah!

Pretty close to buying a jp 3ds now since there are enough games I want. The fire emblem bundle sure is tempting, but I think I'll just wait a little longer since there might be a re-design soon-ish?

shanshan310 said:
Only con: opening theme music was kinda forgettable
You hate happy music? :(

Also,
do you think daikichi looks like Sal? Because I totally do! lol

Yagharek

Haven't the vast majority of ausgaf 'transcended' consoles as primary platforms?

Or is that just my vague impressions.

Its my impression too, that most are happy enough with steam. Personally I'm happy with one console plus handheld. My days of getting each system are over.

Salazar

yj1de.jpg

No. We share dark hair, fatigue and anxiety, powerlessness in the face of cute things, though.

before TA was in, there was a good balance between politics and attacks.

Now its just pure attacks. I've recently looked at the parliament website and the amount of bills awaiting voting at the moment due to the ongoign saga of fighting about thomson and arguing all day is phenomonal

they haven't voted on a bill in the last 2 weeks (about 8 days sitting)
Tony Abbott is basically taking his tactics straight out of the Republican war book.

As for consoles, I play my PC, PS3 and Wii once in a blue moon. It's my 3DS that gets the most punishment.

Not sure if "the world envies America" thread is a troll or not.

So here's what will be the final piece of submitted game for my Game Design class.

WASD is movement
Mouse1 is to shoot
Mouse2 is to vomit
i toggles look inversion

Get drunk to be more powerful. If you're too drunk you lose control and throw up. Kill the "boss" at the end of the second level to beat the game. You can't die. You can escape the map. The game generally isn't very fun. But it is for EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY. The bastards.

One of my team members appears to be trying to convince the tutor that the reason why he can only put down ~20 hours worth of work is because I "took control of the whole thing". So, if you guys hear of a homicide tomorrow, well. I'll see you all in thirty years. I have a 100 email chain as evidence that I was handing out jobs (that never got finished) to everyone. They were actively being read and responded to by most members of the team, too. So, there's that.

Apparently the hard science area in UTAS has next to no funding at the moment. The games lecture today was two hours of him asking the class (the 16 who showed up, which is funny because this was also the exam information lecture) where the fuck the course went wrong, why it was so boring, what's happening next year, the probability that by 2014 games won't be offered anymore. Real depressing stuff.

As to be expected from shitty team mates I suppose. I had fun playing it, even if shooting didn't seem to make the enemies die.

Aww yeah!

Pretty close to buying a jp 3ds now since there are enough games I want. The fire emblem bundle sure is tempting, but I think I'll just wait a little longer since there might be a re-design soon-ish?

You hate happy music? :(

Also,
do you think daikichi looks like Sal? Because I totally do! lol

I can see it, but he's a bit less beardy than sal :p

That email chain will prove the dickhead's downfall. Don't take any shit, your education is fucking serious business. He just wanted a fucking free ride and he's trying to negotiate for his ticket. Shut that shit down.

I know that feeling. It's not a good feeling at all.

Shaneus

Alice for $5?

If you insist, Steam.
Fuck you. I don't need more games.
Gifted, I take it? Showing as $10 on mine.

JB HIFI SALE - cheap blu rays and cheap anime, Cowboy Bebop for $40! Also might grab some of the Bleach bundles.
Fuck you, too. I've only watched the first few Bebop eps, but I reckon it would be worth owning. Would having it in my DVD rack ruin my chances with the laydeez?

OT slightly, but Reggie Watts > Beardyman

Christ on a bike, she's cute! Also did a cover of White Flag for Canadian Idol.

Colour me smitten.

Edit: Fuck, I know that other song! Little too poppy and overproduced for my liking, but don't mind it at all.

Shaneus

As a bonus he has an awesome beard. That is brilliant.
Was the main support act for Conan O'Brien while he was doing his tour (while he was not allowed on TV after being dropped from NBC). All his songs are funny, but some are more obscure than others. But always clever.
Edit: BTW, didn't always have a beard!

PS. This looks like it could be a good movie. Maybe not great, but it's directed by Akiva from The Lonely Island (who did Hot Rod... but he also did MacGruber... but he also directed all TLI videos and this. Probably this, too.) and it looks like it could be stupid fun. Hope so, anyway.

Edit #2: Bahahaha.

OK from great action you need to go to great sci-fi/comedy/thing.
ironskynazismoonbasenew.th.jpg

disclaimer, I haven't watched it yet, but how can it fail
lol got this for tomorrow night! Another Aussie related production. Another Nazi alt-reality movie!
Iron_sky_poster.png

I watched this last night! A lot more low budget than I expected (also Australian!) but was pretty good! They pulled it off quite well I thought, rose above the idea.
25threich.jpg

I know that feeling. It's not a good feeling at all.
Is this a state thing or federal thing? Just want to know who I should be bitching to about the position my partner was going to take in a few months time after our wedding which has now been pulled due to a lack of funding. Seriously guys, even disabled people need to learn too. Come, on.

Fuck you, too. I've only watched the first few Bebop eps, but I reckon it would be worth owning. Would having it in my DVD rack ruin my chances with the laydeez?
The laydeez LUV deez nuts, I mean Bebop. Jazz and martinis man, like popes and woods.

Deeku

Oh, now I get why socks and heels came up..I didn't see that pic during lunch with phone. Looks terrible!

Also, new sigur ros is quite delightful!

Shaneus said:
Edit #2: Bahahaha.
Boo! Sounds alright though.

I dunno about Iron sky. So many people seem really hyped for it, but the ads aren't doing much for me.

oh oh oh oh guys. I bought the ultimates: avengers comics, and the came in the mail today! I hope its good :D

Korey's gimmick is to post ridiculously patriotic, nationalist tripe about America. He's just joking.

Oh good. I'm not sure about some of the other posters, but the thread has become kind of hilarious.

r1chard

Also Heather. The trailer makes it look terrible, but its not really. Also Christian Slater - WOW.

Heathers is on the all-time favourites list. I've seen it way, way too many times. Winona Ryder obsession.

I lol'ed though that the trailer you linked to has the line altered to "why are you such a mega brat". Definitely not "brat" in any version I ever saw :)

Shaneus

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=a2DXfKosT3s
]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2DXfKosT3s

WEIRD. Second one works fine for me.
Oh wait. I think I actually tried to tidy up the YT link from all the extra shit that was in it. Clearly that "extra shit" was what were making the link work good. Soz :(

Have a present:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csw3LrmHkUg
(haven't watched entirely yet, but I totally have the same mixer he has! Awesome! I'm just like Reggie Watts! I'm also going to buy that app, too. Everyday Looper. $6.50)

Omikron

Also, following from fappen's post. If anyone wants to get the upcoming Civ5 expansion and offended by the local price (and Steam's), Amazon have it for $27USD which is rather nice. (Steamworks title etc).

Also. Buy CK2. It is amazing. My favourite game this year. Whatever that is worth.

Heathers is on the all-time favourites list. I've seen it way, way too many times. Winona Ryder obsession.

I lol'ed though that the trailer you linked to has the line altered to "why are you such a mega brat". Definitely not "brat" in any version I ever saw :)

Yeah, it sounds so tame =/

It is indeed a great movie. I'd say everyone should watch it, but its kinda black. Might not go over well for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom