• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ib8zE.gif

This Person votes.

I thought that was whole thing was a bit of a beat up, mostly because it was a channel 7 exclusive. I think being able to openly lie about stuff and have it not affect his approval rating has emboldened him more than that.
The gaffe was a beat up but his response or lack thereof was embarrassing or should have been for any politician with his level of experience. I think it showed him that his personal image is nowhere near as important as his partisan action.

Choc

Banned
the TA run gif is perfect for E3 conferences potentially.

Golden

someone should edit it to say 'E3 is coming im outta here'

edit: its a beat up to an extent. What is not a beat up and demands explanation is why the doors were opened after the division declared just for Tony

that breaches the rule of the HOR's

We have jaffas. The US doesn't even have a jaffa equivalent.
Jaffas are Japanese? We do have Coke made with sugar, and not high fructose corn syrup, so we definitely have a leg up there.

Whoppers are the closest equivalent I can think of off the top of my head but they're more like Maltesers.
120px-Whoppers.jpg

Fredescu

edit: its a beat up to an extent. What is not a beat up and demands explanation is why the doors were opened after the division declared just for Tony
We're not talking about this being a beat up (I dunno, I'm not decided on that). Remember the "shit happens" thing?

I just got spotify. Seems cool. Kinda like pandora?

Typed in my favourite band and half the suggestions are songs I really like anyway. lol.

Jaffas are Japanese? We do have Coke made with sugar, and not high fructose corn syrup, so we definitely have a leg up there.

No, I think they're australian-nz only.

We do indeed, also no biochemical pesticides. So thankful for the food we've got here.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Can some one explain to a simpleton why he ran?

did he not want to be in the room when this person voted so that there vote didn't count? or something?

Fredescu

Can some one explain to a simpleton why he ran?

did he not want to be in the room when this person voted so that there vote didn't count? or something?
The opposition been constantly going on to the government about how they shouldn't accept Craig Thompsons vote because he is under investigation (not even found guilty yet) for some corruption charges. After the charges were referred to police, he left (probably nudged) the Labor party to become an independent, but he has typically voted with the Labor party since then because that's where he stands. Today a matter came up for vote that independents vote against on principle, so for the first time this guy actually voted with the opposition. Because the opposition have told the government that this guys vote is tainted, they didn't want to be seen as accepting it themselves, so they ran out of the room to make sure they lost the vote.

Yagharek

We also have Minties and Tim Tams.

And taipans and funnelwebs.

BTW anyone in WA GAF - beer recommendation time.

Feral Brewery up in the Swan Valley has a fantastic dark ale called a King Brown. If it's available anywhere and you happen to see it, GET IT.

Brown Ale 6.9% 40 IBU OG 1040
Aged in 60 year old Hennessey cognac barrels. Think classic English brown ale character of chocolate, caramel and biscuit malts turned up a few notches of course and then there was the barrel.

HolyCheck

The opposition been constantly going on to the government about how they shouldn't accept Craig Thompsons vote because he is under investigation (not even found guilty yet) for some corruption charges. After the charges were referred to police, he left (probably nudged) the Labor party to become an independent, but he has typically voted with the Labor party since then because that's where he stands. Today a matter came up for vote that independents vote against on principle, so for the first time this guy actually voted with the opposition. Because the opposition have told the government that this guys vote is tainted, they didn't want to be seen as accepting it themselves, so they ran out of the room to make sure they lost the vote.

...there's not a more graceful method.. like putting up your hand and saying "I do not want to vote on this matter" ?

Yagharek

Feral are one of the best brewers in the country. They're big enough that their stuff is available Australia-wide.

I hadnt seen them elsewhere in Australia til I came over to Perth. Went to their brewery/restaurant last weekend for lunch and beer. Well worth a visit anytime youre in the area.

I hadnt seen them elsewhere in Australia til I came over to Perth. Went to their brewery/restaurant last weekend for lunch and beer. Well worth a visit anytime youre in the area.
Might be due to the rise of craft breweries that they're also known on the east coast. Perhaps all their releases aren't available, but Hop Hog is pretty easy to find in Melbourne.

Fredescu

...there's not a more graceful method.. like putting up your hand and saying "I do not want to vote on this matter" ?
I'm not actually sure if you can abstain. I'm fairly sure you vote by where you're sitting, which is why voting against your party is called crossing the floor. Where's Clipper when you need him? He would know all this.

they actually shouldn't have been allowed to run check

once divisions are called the doors are closed.
Pyne avoided voting by standing in the Adviser's box, which is neutral ground.

Yagharek

Might be due to the rise of craft breweries that they're also known on the east coast. Perhaps all their releases aren't available, but Hop Hog is pretty easy to find in Melbourne.

Even at their brewery itself they only sell a limited selection of pale ales/wheat beers from memory. Can't buy their barrel stuff like king brown or boris except to have there on site.

Shaneus

So, I reckon I'm going to upgrade my SSD soon. Sandisk Extreme 120gb. Called North Melb MSY, didn't answer. So not getting it today. Bastards.

Also, Geelong MSY times have changed. 10:30-5:30 during the week? Closed on weekends? Bastards.

Clipper

I'm not actually sure if you can abstain. I'm fairly sure you vote by where you're sitting, which is why voting against your party is called crossing the floor. Where's Clipper when you need him? He would know all this.

Pyne avoided voting by standing in the Adviser's box, which is neutral ground.

This is one of the rules I'm learning about for the first time. I'm sort of hoping Antony Green might have something to say on this (although it's not really related to the elections, except in the fact that the chamber was voting in this case...)

I don't understand what was going through Abbott's mind here, though. Surely the fallout of him running for the door and breaking several policies in actually being let out is going to be worse than being forced to accept Thomson's vote...

Edit: Reading some more news, it's seeming like there were at least two votes. Abbott may have been excused from the second, but the first went through. Perhaps there is nothing wrong with what he did after all, but he has accepted Thomson's vote now, he just made sure he didn't have to do it twice by running.

Also, according to news.com.au (and by looking at the haor), Abbott was the one in white running behind the one in black in the GIF (now being chased by the SkiFree Snow Monster). Does anybody know who that first guy is?

Kritz

Banned
http://kritz.net/personal/TheShittyWizard.html

There's the final, as it was submitted version of my uni game. I will hopefully never touch it again.

There is now a terrible help screen you can access, made 15 minutes before submission because apparently we needed one of those. In addition I also made the powerup system in about an hour, after waiting 13 weeks for a teammate to make one. Though all said and done, I am still kind of proud of how that game ended up. Unfortunately there's a high chance it will be the last uni game I will make.

So I'm not sure how I want to progress with my wonderful game creation production from here. Most people at the UTAS are too busy on their actual degrees to make a game as a side project. I've also kind of been ruined on the idea of group work. I don't really want to make a game online with other people on the basis that not being able to see eachother work will be too much of a pain.

Guess I'll see where it goes. I don't think I will be able to solo a serious game project, because I just can't commit that much time.

Oh well. Back to algorithm assignments.

HolyCheck

So, I reckon I'm going to upgrade my SSD soon. Sandisk Extreme 120gb. Called North Melb MSY, didn't answer. So not getting it today. Bastards.

Also, Geelong MSY times have changed. 10:30-5:30 during the week? Closed on weekends? Bastards.

There's an msy near my work if that's of any help, ie happy to get it for you if you can wait til the weekend!

Dead Man

http://kritz.net/personal/TheShittyWizard.html

There's the final, as it was submitted version of my uni game. I will hopefully never touch it again.

There is now a terrible help screen you can access, made 15 minutes before submission because apparently we needed one of those. In addition I also made the powerup system in about an hour, after waiting 13 weeks for a teammate to make one. Though all said and done, I am still kind of proud of how that game ended up. Unfortunately there's a high chance it will be the last uni game I will make.

So I'm not sure how I want to progress with my wonderful game creation production from here. Most people at the UTAS are too busy on their actual degrees to make a game as a side project. I've also kind of been ruined on the idea of group work. I don't really want to make a game online with other people on the basis that not being able to see eachother work will be too much of a pain.

Guess I'll see where it goes. I don't think I will be able to solo a serious game project, because I just can't commit that much time.

Oh well. Back to algorithm assignments.

Beer bar keeps reminding me of a cigarette.

Clipper

Has a date for BrisGAF been set yet? I'm now fully available on the nights of the 2nd through 4th, which were the ones that coincided with Kritz. Was one of those set in stone? Is there any interest in doing board games on the Sunday beforehand?

Shaneus

So, US versus Australia, huh?

They have Swedish Fish. They win.
But... we have (and invented, ffs) dim sims. Hmmmmm.
Off to see prince tonight!
Enjoy! Unless he plays Controversy, in which case, fuck you.

There's an msy near my work if that's of any help, ie happy to get it for you if you can wait til the weekend!
Thanks anyway, but there's one near enough to North Melb. station that I can pop into after work/during lunch :)

Has anyone here used the Sandisk Extreme SSDs? They seem to be performing on par with far more expensive ones, but at almost $1/gb.

MSY in Geelong don't stock SSD's anyway Shaneus, at least they didn't 6 months ago when I bought my parts there.

Has anyone here used the Sandisk Extreme SSDs? They seem to be performing on par with far more expensive ones, but at almost $1/gb.
I have experience with the Crucial M4 which I keep pimping! The 128GB was as low as $110 on Amazon yesterday, the 256GB has been as low as $200 only over a week ago.
It has a great history of reliability up there with the Intel SSD's and the speeds were greatly improved after a firmware upgrade about a year ago. Current stock should come with the latest firmware which nutted out the last real big bug (which I haven't even bothered to install yet).

Shaneus I saw a chart (maybe posted here) a week or two ago comparing SSDs and the Sandisk were right in the middle performance wise.

I've been using Sandisk Extreme CF cards for years and only ever had one problem one time where the card stopped working (just after leaving Mostar in Bosnia on the way to Sarajevo, no way in hell I was getting a replacement quickly as it was a Saturday afternoon). However it came with recovery software which recovered every photo and since formatting has worked fine since.

Has a date for BrisGAF been set yet? I'm now fully available on the nights of the 2nd through 4th, which were the ones that coincided with Kritz. Was one of those set in stone? Is there any interest in doing board games on the Sunday beforehand?
2nd seems good for everyone, but I'm easy.

That Lady Gaga episode of Simpsons was on 11 tonight. Figured I'd have it on while I did the dishes.

Need some Stark Raving Dad and Homer at the Bat to wash the taste out. Those two and Homer's Phobia are probs the top three guest star episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom