• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

He hates Skrillex, too. (attn: reptilescorpio. I think this is real dubstep, but not sure. Check it anyway)

Also, looks like I have to pay full (discounted) Steam price. Oh well. Screens for Alice look good anyway, so there's probably not much to complain about, I guess!

Jintor

Oh man. I really hope I got all this moping around doing nothing out of my system today. I seriously achieved nothing at all today and it feels really, really terrible.

BRIS-GAF!

July 2nd good for everyone then? Its a monday, so we're probably looking at something in the evening.

Any suggestions for places/ things? I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to cool places. I know some good Korean BBQ places in the valley, which could lead on to the mana bar. We talking food here, or no?

Sold.

Oh, I should definitely be asleep.

Me too -_- why am I still awake!??!? I've wasted so many nights like this...

I've noticed that every couple my age who has gone on a cool trip together has broken up, and thus concluded that my lack of cool coupley holidays must be the reason for lasting this long.

... yeah, I'll go to sleep now.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm glad cdprojekt are doing a new ip and goi by the teaser image it could be cool. I'm guessing the live stream will be at like 2am our time, I hate that.

I'm wondering if I can take some days off for e3, not that I need them but it is getting quiet around work so I could use some days off to get my teeth all done and sorted. I thought e3 was late next week as well, not on Tuesday and Wednesday for the conferences. Getting hyped for no reason at all!

Stackboy

lol got this for tomorrow night! Another Aussie related production. Another Nazi alt-reality movie!
Iron_sky_poster.png

I watched this last night! A lot more low budget than I expected (also Australian!) but was pretty good! They pulled it off quite well I thought, rose above the idea.

I saw this at the cinemas a few weeks ago, really enjoyed it! B-Grade acting was fun, rollercoaster ride and the special effects were too good for a film of that calibur.

It was made official today that I'm being let go. 4 years service means nothing to Campbell Newman. Think I'm going to steer clear of Government for a long time. Find out today if I get a severence package, but I don't like my chances since I was only a temp employee.

senahorse

DO NOT WATCH IRON SKY!

You will regret it. You have been warned.

Don't listen to this, I have now seen it and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a comedy so doesn't take itself seriously but was a very fun movie. If you go into this not expecting something b-grade well I don't know what to say. Also some of the special effects are really good, all things considered.

Also for those from Brisbane, you may notice a few landmarks. I saw the Greater Union then Dendy, then Tribal theatre and now something else (on George St).

So it turns out due to a mixup I have about $35 credit with PCCG... HD5450 1GBs are $32... Are they better than an 8800GT? I'm not familiar with ATI's range at all.

senahorse

What is it for? A HTPC?

I have used the ATI series for multiple HTPCs as well as the Nvidia. I typically went with the ATI, as until recently it was the only one that did full audio over HDMI. Most of the ATI HTPC cards are fanless as well which is good and I know they definitely support 24hz.

Just for a desktop/gaming PC cheap upgrade, as a possible replacement for the aforementioned 8800GT (or 8800GS, I forget). It looks like the 5000 series are at the bottom of the ATI range...

Fredescu

HD5450 1GBs are $32... Are they better than an 8800GT?
For games it's significantly slower. As x3n points out, its mostly for HTPCs. Tom's hierarchy chart is handy if you're trying to figure out the cheapest upgrade. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

The 550ti's for $125 are probably your best bet.

It looks like the 5000 series are at the bottom of the ATI range...
It's not that simple. Check the chart I posted.

Jintor

It was made official today that I'm being let go. 4 years service means nothing to Campbell Newman. Think I'm going to steer clear of Government for a long time. Find out today if I get a severence package, but I don't like my chances since I was only a temp employee.

:(

markot

Banned
Suspended Thomson votes with Coalition

Tony Abbott and Christopher Pyne scrambled for the exits in the House of Representatives this morning as suspended Labor MP Craig Thomson lent his "tainted" vote to the Opposition.

Mr Thomson has been sin-binned by the Labor Party over allegations he used union funds to buy prostitutes and fund his election campaign.

However, the Member for Dobell has previously said he would continue to vote with the Government.

That changed this morning when the Coalition wanted to bring on a discussion over the proposed increase to the Government's debt ceiling, and Labor tried to gag debate.

Traditionally, crossbench MPs never back gag motions.

So as Mr Thomson moved to vote for the Coalition, both the Opposition Leader and his manager of business tried to leave the chamber to cancel out his support.

Mr Pyne made it out of the door to negate Mr Thomson's vote but Mr Abbott could not escape in time and his vote was recorded.

Labor then tried to bring its gag motion again, prompting a repeat of the farcical scenes.

This time Mr Pyne found himself trapped in no man's land when he failed to make it out of the door in time.

But, like a batsman trying to make his ground, he gained the sanctuary of the Adviser's Box - neutral ground in the House - so, again, his vote was not counted.

In a statement issued after the events, Mr Pyne said he left the chamber "to negate the tainted vote of the Member for Dobell".

"The coalition has taken the principled stand of refusing to accept his vote under any circumstances," the statement said.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-30/thomson-votes-with-coalition/4041652

haha

Choc

Banned
remember the days when we laughed at Eastern European parliaments jumping all over each other?

we are pretty close to that in Canberra now. what a fucking farce. Also when a division is called, the doors are closed. Why the fuck was Pyne allowed out?!

the doosr are closed for a REASON. anyone that wants to be counted in that vote must be

Choc

Banned
it doesn't matter if he needed to shit. The thing is that once the doors are closed that are not allowed to opened during a division for any reason (aside from something like a heart attack)

its in the rules of the parliament.

markot

Banned
So, did the libs stop accepting the vote of that senator found guilty of assault >.>?

Who is also asking the court to pay her costs?

??????

The problem with minority government, is there is always blood in the water, so we have nothing but sharks on one side...

I know opposition is meant to oppose and all, but its also meant to be an alternative government with... ideas... and policies.

Omikron

The way I understand it, they wanted to get out so that they would lose the vote so it didn't look like they won a vote due to having Thomson vote with them.

Ridiculous. He is still a member of parliament representing a group of people no matter what may come of his various investigations. They should accept it as such.

Yagharek

So, did the libs stop accepting the vote of that senator found guilty of assault >.>?

Who is also asking the court to pay her costs?

??????

The problem with minority government, is there is always blood in the water, so we have nothing but sharks on one side...

I know opposition is meant to oppose and all, but its also meant to be an alternative government with... ideas... and policies.

Are you new here?

markot

Banned
Its just so depressing, australian politics is heading straight down the shitter.

I mean, we used to be able to laugh at the Americans, soon, WE WILL BE THEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom