• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed one.
8z0fz.jpg

Another great one. This and The Springfield Files probably round out my top five. Though specific rankings don't really mean much when they're all that good.

EDIT: OH SHIT Sony are going to buy Gaikai? Megatons at E3 confirmed.
ig3tkhjbqukdktucqu.gif

Another great one. This and The Springfield Files probably round out my top five. Though specific rankings don't really mean much when they're all that good.

Also;
Spinal Tap - The Otto Show
JEJ - Treehouse of Horrors
Barry White - Whacking Day
Michael Jackson - Stark Raving Dad
James Woods - Homer Vs Apu

Dead Man

Sitting on the railing of my balcony.

http://www.abload.de/img/birdijdcp.jpg

Cool fucking animal.
Wow, looking badarse too.
Missed one.
8z0fz.jpg
Indeed. Probably the best Simpsons episode ever.
Also;
Spinal Tap - The Otto Show
JEJ - Treehouse of Horrors
Barry White - Whacking Day
Michael Jackson - Stark Raving Dad
James Woods - Homer Vs Apu
Add El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (Johnny Cash) and you have an almost perfect list of great episode with guest stars playing characters not themselves (mostly).

Deeku

I need to buy seasons 1, 2 and 3. I don't think I've watched any episodes from that period since 10 stopped airing them and made season 4 the start of their re-run loop back when it was 6pm simpsons everyday.

Also, rpa is back. Who likes rpa? I do!

Dead Man

I need to buy seasons 1, 2 and 3. I don't think I've watched any episodes from that period since 10 stopped airing them and made season 4 the start of their re-run loop back when it was 6pm simpsons everyday.

Also, rpa is back. Who likes rpa? I do!

I love the first two seasons, the evolution of the show is amazing. From a very rough sketch show background to a proper series.

Yeah, I hadn't seen many of the first couple in years. In fact, I'd pretty much forgotten a few season one episodes existed! I have 1-5 at the moment, plan on going up to 10 (and probably would have by now) but I avoid buying them to leave it open as an easy birthday/Christmas gift so my parents/siblings can't complain at me about being hard to buy for.

I love the first two seasons, the evolution of the show is amazing. From a very rough sketch show background to a proper series.

I love season one. It's just so different to what the show becomes in the year or two that follows that people tend to write it off when talking about the absolute classics but it's really fascinating to me.

Danoss

There's a very good reason why those seasons aren't in the loop, you'll find out soon enough.

Dead Man

ABC video link.

Holy shit at some of the stuff polis and others are saying there. Fucking disgraceful.

There's a very good reason why those seasons aren't in the loop, you'll find out soon enough.

There are plenty of amazing episodes in the first three seasons.

Bart the Genius
Itchy & Scratchy & Marge
Dancin' Homer
Lisa's Substitute
Stark Raving Dad
Flaming Moe's
Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes?

Deeku

Yeah, I hadn't seen many of the first couple in years. In fact, I'd pretty much forgotten a few season one episodes existed! I have 1-5 at the moment, plan on going up to 10 (and probably would have by now) but I avoid buying them to leave it open as an easy birthday/Christmas gift so my parents/siblings can't complain at me about being hard to buy for.
Yeah, I've seen them all at some point in my life, but haven't re-watched them in a loooooong time. It will be interesting to watch them again now. I think at the time I first saw them, I wasn't quite at the stage where I fully "got" simpsons - I was really just watching because it was a cartoon.

Also I do not recall a black smithers at all lol.

Fredescu

The first season of the Simpsons is pretty terrible. They'd be interesting if you've never seen them I guess, but only because you know what it became. Two and three get a lot better.

hamchan

My favourite episode is the one where Principal Skinner is revealed to be a fake, closely followed by the one where Bart sees the future and Lisa as president.

Danoss

Then again, Danoss can't be talking about quality because even that list you've got there is conservative.

I thought the majority of them were absolutely terrible, though that may be mostly weighted towards the earlier side. I'd be surprised if someone cracks a smile at any time throughout season 1, and season 2 isn't much better.

I've never really had a favourite simpsons episode. The simpsons has great moments. Steamed hams. I'm going to clown college. The goggles, they do nothing. Finger betrayed me for the last time. I never remember episodes or plots, only moments.

Salazar

The new Hitman trailer is terrible.

Yar. Eroticising violence against perfunctorily disempowered women does so very little for me. Women being shown to "revert" to passive and terrified aspects is obnoxious even in capably written gothic fiction of a certain vintage.

In a game trailer ? No. Fuck you.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, the whole sexism thing is only the tip of the iceburg, I guess. If it were men in the roles of the females in that trailer, I'd still be pretty disappointed. It doesn't say anything about that game.

Jintor

I don't mind CG trailers as such if they're just trying to set the tone of the game or tell some story or whatever but if that's the tone of Hitman Absolution get me the fuck off this ride. I mean I shouldn't have to trust that their marketing department is full of incompetent idiots deliberately misrepresenting the most interesting part of their game just so that I can have faith in the quality of the end-product. I shouldn't have to think "Oh, this is like what they did for Blood Money only with 2012 CG instead of 2006".

Dead Man

Yar. Eroticising violence against perfunctorily disempowered women does so very little for me. Women being shown to "revert" to passive and terrified aspects is obnoxious even in capably written gothic fiction of a certain vintage.

And here I was thinking it was just a cheap latching onto of the grindhouse movement. It is pretty bad as a trailer though as well.

It wasn't a good trailer, but I don't think it was that bad. Just kind of... meh. Sexy ladies and blood. Nothing new.

Also Spotify has turned out to be awesome.

hamchan

Pretty sure a few people here watch Mad Men. I watch each Mad Men ep twice the day it comes out. >_> I think Ridonk and Aon watch it too.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
good, good

because how good has Mad Men been this season -- like -- oh my god

hamchan

This season of Mad Men has been amazing! I think every episode starting from Mystery Date has been some of the best the show has ever done. Then the episode that just aired easily makes top 3 for me, as good as The Suitcase I feel. It made me cringe in horror at many points and the final scene made me cry and then smile. Show looks like it'll win the Emmy for a 5th year in row.

I don't think the latest Mad Men episode was as good as the three or four before it. Some of them have been absolutely brilliant this season. Definitely worth the wait. The one directed by Jon Hamm was a little flat, but John Slattery turned out to be pretty good IMO.

Watching Game of Thrones and Mad Men back-to-back has made for pretty good Mondays for the past few months.

Mainly I was annoyed that they had this baddass uniform and were fucking terrible at actually trying to kill him. Like seriously. They rock up with high powered weapons and just stand out the front. Getting killed like fish in a barrel.

Was just fucking stupid. Made no sense.

Salazar

Mainly I was annoyed that they had this baddass uniform and were fucking terrible at actually trying to kill him. Like seriously. They rock up with high powered weapons and just stand out the front. Getting killed like fish in a barrel.

Was just fucking stupid. Made no sense.

That's kind of the thing. Practically all of the female toughness in that trailer is, deliberately, surface level. As soon as they get hit, they get this "Oh, I didn't expect to get my nose broken" look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom