• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've been watching House of Lies. I actually liked the style of talking through the fourth wall but the later episodes have pretty much done away with it. That whole stopping time thing is toned down a lot too.

Omi you so crazy. It IS Motocross Madness!

Be surprised if Epic gets the full amount of that payout. And if Silicon Knights lasts until the end of the year.
Epic will move to get another $5 million for legal fees before the shell of Silicon is tossed to the side for the next creatively bankrupt venture by Dyack.

Avatar Motocross Madness will be revealed in the E3 conference, wouldn't expect it to be far away, probably part of the Summer of Arcade.

Aldi have a decent looking ICS tablet for $250

Logitech G27 for $195 from LogitechShop

And here I am with a Galaxy s2 >_<
Me too :(

telstra doing no $0 plans on S3

wow
The reason I went with Optus for my phone was that they had the $69 cap with no handset repayments while Telstra wanted to sting me for an extra $15 a month with a third of the cap credit and a quarter of the data cap! Fuck Telstra, seriously.

Fredescu

oh wait telstras is the 4g model :p
It isn't actually. It's dual channel HSPA though which is still quick. No LTE version yet. Gotta get the HTC One XL for that.

The reason I went with Optus for my phone was that they had the $69 cap with no handset repayments while Telstra wanted to sting me for an extra $15 a month with a third of the cap credit and a quarter of the data cap! Fuck Telstra, seriously.
Good not cheap, cheap not good!

jambo

I'm currently on a $59 plan with Optus for my iPhone 4, but I have shit reception and dropped calls where I live, so moving to Telstra when my 24 month contract finishes in late July.

I'll most likely get a WP7.5 model, maybe the Nokia Lumia 900

Choc

Banned
i'm a big fan of the one XL

they are very good looking, HTC definately getting close to apple aesthetics

jambo windows phone 8 is out same tiem as the OS

wait

apparently nokia has tons of them coming. also that lumia 900 is pure sex in design

Good not cheap, cheap not good!
Optus here are actually way better than Telstra. Haven't had any drop outs and 3G speeds are great. Customer service has been awesome so far too. Don't have any complaints so far, compared to all the crap I dealt with when with Telstra in two different towns.

i am going to buy asuras wrath now

eb has it for $47

Capcpom really have refused to drop the price, quite impressed really. Looks really cool and I think it will end up being a bit of a cult classic.

Resistance PSVita is $50 at DSE if anyone (lol) is looking to grab a copy.

Choc

Banned
What airline?!

qantas.gif

i am on kiwi for E3 (air nz business)

edit: that kinda sucks re: telstra

bullshit pricing then

patrick klepek has now sold me 2 games via bombcast

hitman blood money

and

asuras wrath

Jintor sold me on Asura. Blood Money was an insta pickup since the series was great. Klepek tried to sell me on Fez, didn't bite thankfully.

Also the Samsung Galaxy S3 isn't on 4G

So, AusGAF, I'm a huge sushi nut. For those of you living in Melbourne, which sushi place would you really recommend?

Right now I get my sushi fix on my way to work at Melbourne Central, this place called "Sushi Sushi". It's really damn good, but I wanna know about the hidden gems!

markot

Banned
So, AusGAF, I'm a huge sushi nut. For those of you living in Melbourne, which sushi place would you really recommend?

Right now I get my sushi fix on my way to work at Melbourne Central, this place called "Sushi Sushi". It's really damn good, but I wanna know about the hidden gems!

Sushi sushi is good, but its a chain so I guess it varies store to store as well.

We should hang out some time.
Haven't had sushi in Melbourne though sorry. I will highly highly recommend Hi Sushi in Geelong though. Used to go there and grab 108 piece monsters with friends. SO GOOD.

thank you based serrels

but i never knew sexy unboxing existed lol
The Bioshock 2 unboxing was pure sex, even with a woman without a low cut top. DAT VINYL RECORD.

zbeeb

edit: that kinda sucks re: telstra

bullshit pricing then

I can't fathom how people can complain about Telstra's pricing now, especially compared to how it was several years ago under Sol Trujillo.

Yes, you pay extra, but the network is (generally) so much better than the competition, that extra $20 a month is more than justified.

Of course this isn't to say that everyone should suck it up and pay extra, but if you want better phone service you'll need to be willing to pay for it. If you're just looking for the phone you want at a cheaper price, then Optus or Vodafone are certainly better suited.

Choc

Banned
i am on telstra and i find my particular price fine

but the GS3 pricing is ridiculous compared to vodafone and optus

they have a min per month of $72 to get the GS3

min on optus is $47

min on vodafone is $49

Virgin min is $49

of course on the lower tiers data is a problem. in which case optus and voda are $54 a month inc handset for 1gb and telstra is $72

compared to their other plans, telstras GS3 plans are a load of shit. Telstra could do a lot better with the GS3 given the price on other comparitive handsets they are selling

Fredescu

they have a min per month of $72 to get the GS3

min on optus is $47

min on vodafone is $49

Virgin min is $49
The lowest tier with Telstra gets you 1.5GB of data. Pretty sure comparable plans with the others puts them all in mid $60's which isn't far off.

Edit:
Vodafone:
$59 Plan + $5 per month for 16GB and $10 for 32GB: 3GB of data for first 12 months, then 1.5GB
$79 Plan: 2GB of data (4GB for first 12 months)

Optus:
$65 (16GB model) or $70 (32GB model) a month &#8211; 1.5GB of data, $650 of calls
$80 (16GB model) or $85 (32GB) a month &#8211; 2GB of data, $850 of calls
Unlimited text, Optus-to-Optus calls, access to social networking.

Telstra:
$72 per month, $550 included calls, unlimited SMS, 1.5GB of data
$82 per month, $800 included calls, unlimited SMS, 2GB of data

$64 vs $65 vs $72. Not that big a difference.

legend166

Great article Serrels.

I think the complete abandonment of kid gamers by pretty much every high quality studio bar Nintendo is really troubling.

The amount of really high quality content suitable for all ages has fallen dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom