• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

midonnay

Boy, by the time I wake up on Tuesday there's going to be so much news. Then it's Ausgaf party night until 3AM I guess.

Who's staying up with me to ride the Nintendo hype train?

maybe ausgaf irc should be the fallout shelter...

seems likely that gaf is going to be dead.

Choc

Banned
just logged into xbox live

'parts of xbox live are currently unavailable. They will be shown when released'

E3 update is clearly on the servers

Yagharek

Thanks!

Not true. It's about how the Alien ship came to be crashed. I think it's set 1000 years before the original.

Yes, thanks for that. Got any more spoilers to post? Go copy the spoiler thread in its entirety and post it here thanks. I dont have tickets to go see it already on opening night and certainly dont care about finding anything else out about it before seeing the film.

Oh, while we're at it, who wants spoilers of GoT up to the end of dance with dragons? Cos I havent read that yet and hey why the hell not post them here too!

Bernbaum

Sitting in a Eurostar train about to depart for Paris. I've packed a bunch of stuff to read for the 3 hour trip, kidding myself that the entire time won't be spent playing Tetris 3DS.

markot

Banned
Because it's so busy? Don't get mugged man!

pimps_and_chuds.jpg

So the dons game is scrubby and low scoring and Port are 10 goals to 5 over the Blues.

I WANNA WATCH THE PORT GAME PLEEEEEZ! Damn you Victorians to hell.

Wait, people didn't know the new Ridley Scott movie isn't related to Alien? They have had ads on TV saying as much!

Yagharek

Wait, people didn't know the new Ridley Scott movie isn't related to Alien? They have had ads on TV saying as much!

Actually they didnt show or say that at all. The ads say "From the director of Gladiator", they dont mention anything or show anything about what they discover. This was done deliberately so as not to explicitly spoil it for those who dont know its anything more than a Ridley Scott scifi film. There are clues, sure, but no direct mentions at all.

I'm disappointed in you.

ty vince, fuck you reptile :(

Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to!

How did you guys become excited for Prometheus if you didn't know it's a prequel directed by Ridley Scott? Watched the trailers? They are infinitely more spoilery than the information reptile provided.

The information provided isn't spoilery at all. No one has said anything that isn't the premise for the film. aka the information that makes one go see it and secure in the knowledge it will probably be amazing like Alien. If I had just found out it's not a new IP but a Alien related film I would not be annoyed but even more excited.

Shaneus

So the dons game is scrubby and low scoring and Port are 10 goals to 5 over the Blues.

I WANNA WATCH THE PORT GAME PLEEEEEZ! Damn you Victorians to hell.

Didn't know it isn't? I thought it was? Odd.

Oh guys, bought myself a pretty sweet (faux, obv) leather jacket from Myer for a little over a hundo. I look pretty fucking badass in it. No idea whether I'm supposed to wear a shirt or T-shirt over it, but still... badassery, thy name is me.

Dead Man

Yeah, I have no idea what Prometheus is about, other than I will be wacthing it as soon as possible. Which given my current finances means the first Tuesday after release lol.

Happy solution: buy some baby back pork ribs from the butcher and some smokey bbq sauce (I use Masterfoods) from the supermarket. Cook em up and enjoy some real ribs with delicious flavor.
Hell yeah! Love that Masterfoods marinade, overnight is indeed the perfect time. I really do need to get back into it (also steak) but the fiancée isn't really into it since she used to be vegetarian.

Sup folks. NYC is amazing.
Make sure to ask them why they like the McRib!

ty vince, fuck you reptile :(
You asked a question and I gave you a direct answer, what did you want me to say? How was I meant to know you hadn't seen anything relating to the project or been to any site that discusses movies in the last 9 months.
Hell even the initial trailer was marked 'Prometheus Official Trailer #1 - Ridley Scott Alien Movie (2012)'

Actually they didnt show or say that at all. The ads say "From the director of Gladiator", they dont mention anything or show anything about what they discover. This was done deliberately so as not to explicitly spoil it for those who dont know its anything more than a Ridley Scott scifi film. There are clues, sure, but no direct mentions at all.

I'm disappointed in you.
Not sure if serious.
If anyone has seen Alien sees the second trailer, which came out 3 months ago, they would very visibly see.
I haven't seen the latest trailer as it apparently has spoilers for events during Prometheus.

The PR for the movie has had a lot of links to the series, I won't get into any of it here lest you go asking a mod to ban me.

Oh guys, bought myself a pretty sweet (faux, obv) leather jacket from Myer for a little over a hundo. I look pretty fucking badass in it. No idea whether I'm supposed to wear a shirt or T-shirt over it, but still... badassery, thy name is me.
Why would you wear a shirt over a leather jacket?
Also wear the jacket over a hoodie!

One month after the new Performing Arts Centre is finished and unveiled the roof has fallen in during a performance of Divine Divas, "a spectacular and fast paced Super Star female impersonation show featuring breathtaking transformations from our hottest male impersonators". Halfway through which a light drizzle of rain started falling onto the front few rows of paying aficionados. Then a torrent and the smell of burning electronics.

Nice work tradies!

Thankfully my in-laws were seated about halfway back. Apparently the staff didn't have much of an evacuation plan and sent everyone out so the fire brigade could get in eventually. Doesn't sound like anyone was hurt beyond some intense dousing in water from the roof.

Better not affect Elmos World Tour in 2 weeks time or there will be hell to pay!

Dead Man

I have Tues Wed Thur off (happy coincidence with my current roster), so I'll be trying to catch the big 3, not really that interested in EA or Ubi shooter fests. If gaf goes down I'll be on Steam, I don't know about this irc thingy, sounds too advanced for me.

I have Tues Wed Thur off (happy coincidence with my current roster), so I'll be trying to catch the big 3, not really that interested in EA or Ubi shooter fests. If gaf goes down I'll be on Steam, I don't know about this irc thingy, sounds too advanced for me.
Linked on the front page. Just click the link and sign in and all good to go! No different to Steam Chat.

Hey reptile, who won the Melbourne vs Essendon football game?

Don't spoil it for me, though.

:D

Both games tonight were upsets, even GWS took it to Geelong until half time! Great close week of footy so far, Franklins 13 was huge too. A lot more enjoyable when the games are more in balance.

Hoping that Gold Coast can take it to the Pies and get them a close contest.

Hopefully Bulldogs and Brisbane get flogged so Port can look even better on the ladder!

Deeku

Jacket over hoodie is the woooorst! Like, if it's super cold and you're just doing it keep warm, ok fine whatevs. But wearing to look cool, NAH-UH! Lame!

Salazar

Deek is right.

Pouring with rain here. My nephew gets out of the hospital for the first time ever tomorrow. Bright spot. Things are otherwise urgh, but he is adorable.

I hope you have bought them tons of one piece suits for the baby Sal, those things are gold to parents at that age. Especially in winter!
Oh and those sack things that babies sleep in, worked wonders for my little guy. This thing.

Its alright when the hood is down. Hoods up in any situation = generally no.

Agreed. Unless it is raining and I am out in the rain I will not under any circumstance have my hood up. Just looks dodgy as fuck and serves no purpose. If I want to retain the heat from my noggin I will wear a beanie, as it works 1000% times better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom