• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Vita is dead.

Also

On757.gif

hamchan

didn't you get 12 free games if you had ps+? >_>

Apparently these games:

Goldrusher said:
These are all coming for free:

inFamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Saints Row 2
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Just Cause 2
Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine
Virtua Fighter 5
Sideway: New York
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

And a couple more.

But when? All at once tomorrow? Or one a month?

A $50 year subscription is more than worth it I think.

Also God of War has only had 6 games in the last 7-8 years.

Choc

Banned
jumping in quickly, i dunno 12 games for psn plus doesn't sound to bad to me, sheesh arnie what did you expect!

back laters

No dice. No love for the Vita. All the publishers this year have treated the awesome projects like they were the bottom of the barrel. Just fucking terrible. We know that there will be a AssCree and a COD game. That is about it.

Also 12 old games which a lot of people who own a PS3 would already have. That is if it comes to the AUS PSN sooner rather than later.

Just nothing of note aside from the cool looking Storybook thing. Last of Us is still awesome but everyone knows that, stop wasting time with putting it into conferences and use that time and money to make it come out sooner!

God of War Co-op looks fun but, again, isn't out for another year! This year just sucks for releases.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The conference was pretty unremarkable, but PSN+ remains a fantastic offer.

The conference was pretty unremarkable, but PSN+ remains a fantastic offer.

It is a great offer if you don't have those games but it is just another Stimulus package. I was hoping to see something compelling to make the service better going into the future, not a stopgap solution to try and draw in some members for the month. All the talk of streaming games didn't help my enthusiasm I guess. :(

Shaneus

No dice. No love for the Vita. All the publishers this year have treated the awesome projects like they were the bottom of the barrel. Just fucking terrible. We know that there will be a AssCree and a COD game. That is about it.

Also 12 old games which a lot of people who own a PS3 would already have. That is if it comes to the AUS PSN sooner rather than later.

Just nothing of note aside from the cool looking Storybook thing. Last of Us is still awesome but everyone knows that, stop wasting time with putting it into conferences and use that time and money to make it come out sooner!

God of War Co-op looks fun but, again, isn't out for another year! This year just sucks for releases.
Glad I didn't buy one. It's likely I will though, when the price falls (at this rate, I'm guessing... by my birthday. This year. In August.) for Wipeout and Lumines. That'd be it though.

Good news for me!

Dead Man

No probs. Biggest deal was probably that there were no real gif-worthy moments. Not necessarily worth watching (trailer for Horizon + a brief playthrough on SpikeTV are on Youtube) but maybe okay to have on in the background or something.

Yep, that's what I'm doing. Seems really lack lustre. No megatons, no crazy antics, just... meh.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sonys conference seemed rather normal. Figures for fun, A handful of hardcore titles, way too long on random kid shit. That's how it has been for years now.

No real surprises so far from the big two. I still don't expect any shocks from nintendo either, should be a standard stock affair which is good enough to "win" this E3.

senahorse

I really don't know what to think of Sony's lack of Vita talk, it's their new system yet they did a really poor job of selling it to potential buyers and current owners alike.

Sony and MS conferences were Nintendo '08 levels of terrible judging by the thread titles on the front page.

I feel really bad for Vita owners.

That's probably a bit of an overreaction. They seemed fine, just nothing too mind blowing. No next gen hints and only a few new games. I didn't think either were terrible though. Both had cool stuff from what I saw.

jambo

I think everyone was expecting this year to be the ps4/x720 reveals...... and anything else is just a shit sandwich >_>

Not really, both Sony and MS had said multiple times that there would be no console reveals for them this year.

I think most people were hoping that Sony would do some great stuff with Vita and instead we get nothing.

And MS was just... Halo and then crap.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sony's was worse than I expected. They need to ditch the trend of their live demos running for ages. Baffled at the lack of Vita news.

senahorse

I think everyone was expecting this year to be the ps4/x720 reveals...... and anything else is just a shit sandwich >_>

I just wanted a future vision of the Vita, with a list of games coming in the next few years. Instead I got a couple of spinoffs and a smash bros "me too". For a system that only came out a few months ago this is nothing short of bewildering.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sony's was worse than I expected. They need to ditch the trend of their live demos running for ages. Baffled at the lack of Vita news.

I think the live demos are fine, They usually don't go on for too long. It's the kid / move stuff that goes for 20 minutes when it really doesn't need to. This isn't the kid crowd, Mention it, throw out a trailer and spend 5 minutes on it then move on.

The montages need to go as well, No point having those at the start, It's still a sony thing to do and even nintendo does it from time to time.

Portal 2 and new DLC now supports Move on PS3. Might pick up a copy since it seems pretty awesome.

So the most interesting thing I have seen by a fucking mile is that Ubisoft game Watch Dogs.

A fucking Ubisoft game.
A fucking PC game too!

Sony and MS conferences were Nintendo '08 levels of terrible judging by the thread titles on the front page.

I feel really bad for Vita owners.
Nothing was terrible. Just medicore. Just run of the mill, going through the motions. Just not worth the razzle dazzle going on outside of the centre. Just a weirdly targeted PR effort. More about reinforcing images and making sure people continue to remember about some game that will be out next year maybe.

Just no surprise, just no joy. Ubi brought a great reveal but everyone else was just pedestrian. Quantic Dream was leaked before the reveal but still was very impressive. The new standard controller for WiiU is HUGE because it means all the main consoles will have standard controller support, something people have been worried about since 2005 now. I am very glad we aren't locked into a Motion Control only future.

markot

Banned
Pretty boring e3 so far, up to Nintendo to save the day, as usual!

Holy cronmoly icons are back!

Also I cant get excited for ubi games cause they are ubi games and they treat pc players like thieves.

senahorse

They talked about 10 games that will be free to play for ps+ members. Not bad I guess, but no good for me as I have played all the ones from the list I want to.

markot

Banned
They have been moving towards dropping the bullshit DRM lately and retroactively disabled it on a few titles.

Well Hitler was a vegetarian dog lover, but it didnt make up for the holocaust!

Also, dolllllars to donuts there is an 'unexpected delay' for the PC version cause they want to spend more time making it better. FOR EVERY PC GAME THAT IS ALSO ON CONSOLES I CAN SET MY WATCH BY IT WAIT AND SEE!

Can barely read the topics on the main forum, so many burnt people always expecting too much. Likely we will see alot of vita games when the show actually starts

Yay avatars

Shaneus

Yep, that's what I'm doing. Seems really lack lustre. No megatons, no crazy antics, just... meh.
Yup. Though Halo 4 looked better than I'd thought, and I was genuinely blown away by the Smartglass thing (esp. navigation through the menus and Wii-U pad usage) along with IE (at least we know it won't be as bad as the Wii or PS3 implementation) but yeah, that was about it. I'm just glad they didn't make complete arses of themselves.

But like I said, the South Park boys actually made it more than worth it. To be honest, H4 and Horizon were enough to consider it "break even" for me, though.

The smart glass thing isn't really anything new or crazy though, since you can do it with Android apps on your pc. Guess it's cool for 360

Can barely read the topics on the main forum, so many burnt people always expecting too much. Likely we will see alot of vita games when the show actually starts

I don't think it's "expecting too much" to think they might try and spotlight their floundering new system a little instead of focusing on some goofy AR book thing for twenty minutes.

Wow, had no idea that God of War was such a huge seller for Sony. Even in Japan and the Collections!

Also, dolllllars to donuts there is an 'unexpected delay' for the PC version cause they want to spend more time making it better. FOR EVERY PC GAME THAT IS ALSO ON CONSOLES I CAN SET MY WATCH BY IT WAIT AND SEE!
Good thing it will be $35 on PC just like most titles thankfully, makes up for the usual 1 month wait.

I don't think it's "expecting too much" to think they might try and spotlight their floundering new system a little instead of focusing on some goofy AR book thing for twenty minutes.
The jk rolling thing is a big win for them, but I think it would of been better suited for there Europe conference they have.. Maybe we will see more stuff then? Can't remember when that is, but as a vita owner I have been enjoying the games I have and looking forward to what they currently have scheduled but they need more transparency

Sorry about spelling grammar Nazis I'm on my phone

jambo

as a vita owner I have been enjoying the games I have and looking forward to what they currently have scheduled but they need more transparency

If only there was a giant, heavily covered press conference where they could outline the path going forward...

If only there was a giant, heavily covered press conference where they could outline the path going forward...

Haha yeah, true that.

Yeah they would, but sony aren't smart and likely the games publishers will show them off.. I remember one huge game not being announced till after the conference the year before... I think it was journey actually

Jintor

Ahhhhh I busted my ass to get two reviews in just before deadline so I can work on my research papers properly and I come into work and they've been cut :|

Ahhhhh I busted my ass to get two reviews in just before deadline so I can work on my research papers properly and I come into work and they've been cut :|

Ah man that's balls. Nothing worse than having putting heaps of work into something and it all being for naught.

In non-video game related news Gallop has stood down as CEO of the ARL. With the commission around now I'm not sure if this will mean big changes or more of the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom