• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

commissar

I am hoping like mad Nintendo has some Mario game to show tomorrow, because this E3 feels like an unrelenting sea of violence.

I think I might watch the Rayman trailer for a while...

I am hoping like mad Nintendo has some Mario game to show tomorrow, because this E3 feels like an unrelenting sea of violence.

I think I might watch the Rayman trailer for a while...
Yeah, that Last of Us trailer was actually kind of harrowing. It was the sound effects that really put the psycho cherry on top of that brutality sundae.

Pandemic

I watched all of the conferences so far, and didn't sleep in between, but I'm hell tired! I'm losing my mind too from sleeping and waking up at weird times.

I think the general consensus around gaf so far is that game who's name I forget that has an underscore.
Star Wars 1313?

The new Far Cry?

For me, it's Castlevania LoS MoF but that's because it has exactly zero competition on my most played platform right now and might actually have that metroidvania exploration I love so much. Not too keen on the combo system and lack of loot, but whatever.

midonnay

I think watchdogs is clearly game of e3 so far....goddamn!!

looks expensive enough to sink ubisoft.

I liked how they presented it in the conference...

first had this pseudo conspiracy bullshit montage that make you go "what the fuck is this shit"

then when you're expecting something stupid.... they knock you out of your feet.

Dead Man

If they can avoid the stupid cliches and shitty gameplay that seems to plague so many of their games, then FC3 and Watchdog are the games I am most interested in so far. Last of Us looks to be slick as hell, but if it is as linear as it looks that style of game just doesn't interest me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Dishonoured (awful title) looked great!

Star Wars 1313?

The new Far Cry?

For me, it's Castlevania LoS MoF but that's because it has exactly zero competition on my most played platform right now and might actually have that metroidvania exploration I love so much. Not too keen on the combo system and lack of loot, but whatever.
Watch_Dogs

For the new page:

Edit: fuck it. Competition time:

Funniest ORIGINAL E3 Conference gif/photoshop/MS Paint image/sketch from an AusGAF member gets it.
Rules:
1. One entry per person
2. Must be an AusGAF regular
3. Must be entered before wednesday night at midnight WST (2am thursday AEST)
4. Decision is subject entirely to my sense of humour
5. Its the only prize I have to offer, so no tears if its incompatible with your ps3/wii/pc. 360 only.

good guy vince.

why you no post the lupe fiasco version!!! obviously superior!

If its non chocolate ones, then the McDonalds biscuits.

McDonalds cookies? They just taste like sugar. Or diabetes.

Microsoft presso was alright. Usher provided me ample time to make a cup of tea. No milk no sugar the way God intended it to be. Looking forward to Halo 4 and not much else.

THERE WAS USHER?

I'm going through some the games I haven't seen video of yet. Watch Dogs looks awesome, Last of Us could be rad especially if that assistance from Ellen Page lookalike girl isn't scripted. Halo looks pimp, Gears looks like Gears and I for one am very cool with that.

There has been some cool stuff. No megatons, but still some pretty sweet stuff.

not into heavily systemic, open-world games? It looked like there could be a lot of room for spontaneous, improvised play.
Yeah if the traffic light crash at the end isn't the only way to finish the highlighted mission it could end up being a great game. e.g. If that same mission could be completed by disabling the car's power or distracting other drivers by disabling their phones and causing.a crash, or ramming the car directly or doing a drive by or something, it could be sweet. Most of those wouldn't trigger the cutscene though...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah if the traffic light crash at the end isn't the only way to finish the highlighted mission it could end up being a great game. e.g. If that same mission could be completed by disabling the car's power or distracting other drivers by disabling their phones and causing.a crash, or ramming the car directly or doing a drive by or something, it could be sweet. Most of those wouldn't trigger the cutscene though...
Assumably you'd be able to wait for him in the club, as well.

The fidelity of the cutscene at the end there probably won't be as high in the final product, when they actually have to create dozens of missions that can end in many, many different ways, but for demo purposes I thought baking in that ending was fine.

*optimism*

Shaneus

If you guys think that Microsoft's showing was as bad as Sony's, shame on you. I just saw the Playbook thing, and jesus fuck... they're dedicating time to that sort of shit? Fuck that.

Also, just saw the trailer/gameplay for Criterion's NFS:MW. Personally, I think I might hold off until Criterion's The Run or Criterion's Porsche Unleashed. Oh, and a Prodigy track in a trailer for a driving game? Oh yeah.

Seriously though, I don't think I'd get into MW over something like Horizon. Not a fan of licensed cars with too much liberty having been taken when putting them in a game.

Midweek rugby is odd and awesome. If Australia don't shit this home something is seriously wrong. Wait, does Berrick Barnes have a mullet now? Awesome.

What time is Nintendo tonight/tomorrow?

Yagharek

Just got home and now time to watch in order:
MS
Sony
EA
Ubi

Guaranteed to post unbiased, uncompromised ratings of each showing since I have equal disdain for all 4 companies.

midonnay

I'm going to bed now :) ^^^^

Just got home and now time to watch in order:
MS
Sony
EA
Ubi

Guaranteed to post unbiased, uncompromised ratings of each showing since I have equal disdain for all 4 companies.

microsoft has prometheus spoilers

I've seen all of them except EA and the only one I would watch again is probably Ubisoft.

skip the rest.

I went to high school with Berrick Barnes. He used to win at everything back then too. I remember some of the other rugby dudes used to make fun of him for having overly sensitive nipples. I overhead this comment without context, so I cannot vouch for its veracity.

not into heavily systemic, open-world games? It looked like there could be a lot of room for spontaneous, improvised play.
I find that "open world" is usually a euphemism in my mind for bland and poorly designed, like GTA. "Mission based" is another of those adjectives that signal a game I won't enjoy. Spontaneous, improvised play is one of those things I find a little overrated. Probably why I can't get into something like LBP.

Yagharek

50 minutes into xbox presentation.

Thoughts so far

xbox
halo4 looks better than 3/Reach. 343 is good
splinter cell = nice evolution of conviction, kinect get out please
ea sports lol what is accent of announce dude?
madden = good use of voice for once, joe montana game gear memories
tv espn/nhl/nba etc - is xbox even a games console? Any of that in australia? lolno
kinect = advertisers dream, forced ads and brand partners everywhere. NIKE?
SOMEONE CALL BANKSY HELPPP I AM TARPPED IN AD AGENCY!

Gonna be up for Nintendo. Will probably just be posting thoughts on Twitter, might be on GAF if the servers hold up (lol). Would go to bed now, but I take so long to go to sleep and then am terrible at getting back to it after having been up for a while that I might as well just stay up.

Will read the recaps of the Nintendo conference on the train ride to work, not that dedicated to get up at 2am.

I couldn't get over how windy it was today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom