• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

By the way, _Alkaline_'s Wii U launch lineup thread is just brutal. Just a wall of bile, venom and hatred.

Oh man, the whole gaming side is just such an angry place right now haha. Between all the conf and complaining threads though I happened to spot a "Resident Evil save themes" thread. So nice.

By the way, _Alkaline_'s Wii U launch lineup thread is just brutal. Just a wall of bile, venom and hatred.

Response due to safe announcements and conference. We know now of;

Another Mario Bros co-op game
Another Pikmin game (which EVERYONE has been asking for since 2005 so thank fuck it is finally coming!) which I would consider the main selling point for most interested parties on NeoGAF
ZombiU which looks like it could be awesome in that Dead Island kind of way, hopefully Ubisoft pull it off and it hits around launch rather than 2013
Another Rayman Origins game which looks just as awesome as before
P-100 which was ignored by Nintendo

It just didn't set things going. It was just mostly expected and business as usual without a lot of titles to talk about other than the usual Nintendo fare. Need some more 3rd parties to jump in and talk about what they have in the pipes. Don't make people buy another Nintendo console just for Nintendo games again.

markot

Banned
So, how come the actual factual prostitutes involved in the Thomson affair havent come out >_>?

My main dissapoint with wii u was lack of third party stuff, I mean just ports of games that are out now pmuch, and even the 'big' games at e3 are for everything, except the wii u >.<

Choc

Banned
if you want to see vitriol look at teh Beyond thread

the 25 min video got pulled, but don't worry guys i have the official version of it. Will upload for you when back.

because YOU NEED TO SEE THIS GAME.

if you want to see vitriol look at teh Beyond thread

the 25 min video got pulled, but don't worry guys i have the official version of it. Will upload for you when back.

because YOU NEED TO SEE THIS GAME.

It looks like a next-gen Heavy Rain that is for sure. Looks a LOT more interesting too, looking forward to chewing into the story.

I always thought the whole "omg hype train megatons droppin' bombs" thing was silly hyperbole we played up for a bit of fun, this E3 has taught me that some believe otherwise. Nintendo's main presser could've used more actual new stuff rather than "here's some more of the updated ports that were announced last year", but expounding on stuff we already knew about seems to have been the name of the game for everyone this year.

Wii U's launch lineup looks solid. Kamiya's new game looks interesting. Rest of the year for 3DS is fantastic. Radio silence on Vita was expected. So things could've been better, but I'm pretty satisfied.

Jintor

I'm still kind of annoyed I managed to spoil Heavy Rain for myself after like a solid year or two of not getting spoiled on it. Went to a friends house and he was finishing the game and I didn't really want to go elsewhere until he was done so I just sat and watched.

Danoss

not really :) sorry

maybe ebay is a good idea for you if you want to sell it bundled?

Fat chance of finding a buyer I think.

$150 and you can have OoT anyway, maybe sell it on if you know someone who wants it and recoup some cash from it. Sound fair?

Fredescu

I always thought the whole "omg hype train megatons droppin' bombs" thing was silly hyperbole we played up for a bit of fun, this E3 has taught me that some believe otherwise.
It's not just what people believe, there has actually been big news dropped at E3s past. Like I said pre E3, there is less news because there are less console games being made.

I haven't regretted this E3 apart from getting up at 1am to watch both MS and Nintendo's conferences. That was a bit dumb.

Also, spending an hour at work hunched over my phone to refresh GAF complaining about the 3DS event. That also was dumb.

Dead Man

So, how come the actual factual prostitutes involved in the Thomson affair havent come out >_>?

Not to say I believe anyone in this fucking shambles, but after they saw fake prostitute get her details passed to police it may be not worth it. Or maybe they value their client base?

Choc

Banned
QQfUS.gif

dan lemme think about it

Salazar

Not to say I believe anyone in this fucking shambles, but after they saw fake prostitute get her details passed to police it may be not worth it. Or maybe they value their client base?

& Thompson is more or less obliged to sue them if he wants to go all in on this.

Fredescu

I'm not 100% familiar with the allegations against him, but it's entirely possible he used it to pay for someone else's good time, which would still be dodgy as fuck and land him in exactly as much trouble as he's in now, right?

Salazar

Daily allowance of Abbott being an incoherent cockend:

"I'm as much a conservationist as anyone. I'm as much a conservationist as Bob Brown," Mr Abbott told community members at the forum in Mount Evelyn, on Melbourne's outskirts.

"Do I support the clear felling of native forests? I would be most reluctant to do so.

"But do I want to ban all logging in native forests? No. I'd be very reluctant to do that."

"Reluctant" to clear-fell native forests. Gee, Tony, thanks a fucking bunch.

midonnay

the craig thomson slept with hookers with union funds scandal has been ongoing since before he was elected to parliament.... like the first fairfax articles were more than 3 years ago

if there was going to be a big reveal...it would have happened by now >_>

Choc

Banned
I'm not 100% familiar with the allegations against him, but it's entirely possible he used it to pay for someone else's good time, which would still be dodgy as fuck and land him in exactly as much trouble as he's in now, right?

potentially could be claimed as entertainment expenses of a client

Daily allowance of Abbott being an incoherent cockend:

"Reluctant" to clear-fell native forests. Gee, Tony, thanks a fucking bunch.

smh.

What's funnier was seeing the Australian try to call out the Greens over not supporting polygamous marriage - by taking quotes from people off their facebook page.

Neither did he!
out of his own pocket...
or did he??????

Mindfuck there with the double spoiler tags @_@

Well there would be less social stigma.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
$150 for a 3DS, Not bad. Maybe if choc doesn't want it I can steal it from you.

I should prob wait for the refresh though with stick, I doubt I would play either but at least I can claim I own one!

smh.

What's funnier was seeing the Australian try to call out the Greens over not supporting polygamous marriage - by taking quotes from people off their facebook page.
Wait, is polygamous marriage actually a thing right now? I don't get it.

But yeah, that editor must be a crotchety old Luddite who doesn't know how the Internet works... Much like Tony Abbott.

Wait, is polygamous marriage actually a thing right now? I don't get it.

I didn't think so, but apparently Bob Brown mentioning it wasn't a Greens policy to support a 3+ person marriage is grounds for the Australian to call them out with "but you guys are supposed to be supporting of families and orientations of all shapes and sizes! Look how sad this polygamous tweeter is!" I guess its another ploy to make people more paranoid about supporting gay marriage because of the slippery slope argument.

Wait, Captain Nemo left the country after that 4 Corners thing? And the cops LET HIM LEAVE? The fuck! Wouldn't you be like, "you gotta stick around for a bit while we investigate these massive fucking accusations rather than let you walk out scott free as long as you don't get amnesia after being brainwashed by the CIA to take out Iranian drones where you are accidentally hit in the back of the head by a wandering bear and come across that awesome new Australian tourism ad on a telly and think maybe Australia is the place you were from mixed in with all the people smuggling bullshit information locked deep inside your subconcious".

The fuck!

midonnay

I think four corners unwittingly screwed up

if he was under investigation for 2 years and there wasn't enough evidence yet....

getting your name splashed on tv would be a huge flashing light

markot

Banned
I think four corners unwittingly screwed up

if he was under investigation for 2 years and there wasn't enough evidence yet....

getting your name splashed on tv would be a huge flashing light

Not to mention, the AFP cant stop someone from traveling if they dont have anything on them. (Unless they are an Indian Doctor ZING!)(Get it Haneef?!)

Choc

Banned
someone just posted on gaf that watch dogs wasnt on their radar before E3

well guess the fuck what, unless you work for Ubisoft i doubt it was on anyones radar!

Clipper

The Tex Murphy Project Fedora Kickstarter is about $7k off making their goal, including promised funds from other backers. About $60k has been raised in the last 24 hours alone, which is pretty awesome.

This is my favourite adventure game series of all time and adventure games are my favourite type of game, so I'm pretty ecstatic that Tex will be back in full glory with the exploration, puzzles, story, humour and FMV cutscenes that all integrate to make a perfect adventure game.

Now is the time to prepare to back to ensure we get plenty of cool stretch goals to make the game that much better. $15 will get you the game, and of course there's other great extras, like getting credit for downloading the back catalogue of Tex games on GoG for higher pledges. If the concept of a noir detective adventure game set in a futuristic, post-World War III setting sounds at all interesting to you, please go and pledge to ensure the game ends up the best it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom