• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tropico 3 now DRM FREE! at GOG for $10

Had you played RF:G Space Asshole before? If not, you're in for a treat. So much fun.
Of course I have asshole I was the one telling you to buy it! Played the PC version at launch with the fuzzy GFWL which made life fun. Have been slowly playing a mates 360 version but for $7 I can't say no. Too bad Armageddon has stalled for me, not sure if I will make it to the end.

Shaneus

Of course I have asshole I was the one telling you to buy it! Played the PC version at launch with the fuzzy GFWL which made life fun. Have been slowly playing a mates 360 version but for $7 I can't say no. Too bad Armageddon has stalled for me, not sure if I will make it to the end.
Figured as much, just wondered why you bought it. Crazy sucka.

Deeku

Feels absurdly good to be ditching the Gold Coast.
I will miss the bogan stories. Or are there more bogans in legit Bris??!

shanshan310 said:
I need a proper job too Jint :'( Have you thought about doing something like this?
Looks fun, though I guess only relevant if you want to work in hospitality in the future. Aren't you doing like translation stuff? That's pretty good I reckon!

Jintor said:
I'm applying for some legal stuff first that goes towards credit for mah degreeness
You have to do that now? I thought legal industry experience was required only for when doing college of law or somethin. Go do some like legal centre pro bono stuff, though that's not exactly proper paying lol.

Also, I'm not a pc person at all, nor do I know very much about the guy, but I just looooove watching John Carmack talk about stuff in interviews!

Feels absurdly good to be ditching the Gold Coast.

It doesn't matter. All the Brisbane news stories are about GC shootings anyway. NO ESCAPE.

I will miss the bogan stories. Or are there more bogans in legit Bris??!

Looks fun, though I guess only relevant if you want to work in hospitality in the future. Aren't you doing like translation stuff? That's pretty good I reckon!

I figure it'll be good for keigo no matter which industry I go into.

I hear West End is the stabby district.

Also, I'm not a pc person at all, nor do I know very much about the guy, but I just looooove watching John Carmack talk about stuff in interviews!

CARMACK AM GOD

2i92q7pkoftw.jpg

Also he talks so so much. We should study him for future generations.

Deeku

I figure it'll be good for keigo no matter which industry I go into.
Ahhh good point. Yeah I remember the discussion in the japanese thread about getting used to keigo in a working environment.

CARMACK AM GOD

http://www.abload.de/img/2i92q7pkoftw.jpg[IMG]

Also he [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Q9-ftiPVQ&feature=related"]talks[/URL] so so [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hapCuhAs1nA&feature=related"]much[/URL]. We should study him for future generations.[/QUOTE]
I agree. Was just watching [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477307"]the giantbomb e3 interview[/URL] about how he's like applying space rocket technology to his head tracking vr thing:o So awesome.

Jintor

You have to do that now? I thought legal industry experience was required only for when doing college of law or somethin. Go do some like legal centre pro bono stuff, though that's not exactly proper paying lol.

Well, I don't have to, but it's better to. And besides, I should go see if I like the profession before I go do another fucking forever of learning un-interesting stuff.

Pandemic

Thought I'd share my experience with Harvey Norman with you all...

Purchased Prototype 2: Limited Edition a week or so ago online, and they didn't have stock, so a day or so after buying it online, I emailed them asking for a refund since they said it'd take a while to get stock...

I got an email stating the game will be arriving a lot earlier than expected.. And a guy from Harvey Norman called a few hours after asking if I wanted to cancel the order, and I said no, don't worry.

I received the game around two days later, happy and all, and bam, credit history states I've received a refund of $78.

So I basically got the game for free, heh. Harvey Norman you beauty.

I agree. Was just watching the giantbomb e3 interview about how he's like applying space rocket technology to his head tracking vr thing:eek: So awesome.
I had wood. Also Brad did well to keep up with him, once he got into refresh rates he was screaaaaaaaaming along the brain waves.

I don't usually check out Giant Bomb because their videos are tiny and usually have a lot of issues streaming so I have to click pause and wait ten minutes which sucks.

Hah, they were pretty clueless when I got Motorstorm 3 from them too.

Rep, you've got to stop saying things I don't like.
Still less shooty than the Coast at least!
Does this mean you took offence that I didn't enjoy WUB WUB WUB Korn?

Deeku

I had wood. Also Brad did well to keep up with him, once he got into refresh rates he was screaaaaaaaaming along the brain waves.

I don't usually check out Giant Bomb because their videos are tiny and usually have a lot of issues streaming so I have to click pause and wait ten minutes which sucks.
Yeah I get that too sometimes, just go to their youtube channel!

Woo this 20 bucks I blindly plonked down for psn+ is turning out ok. Downloading Darksiders, Warhammer 40 whatever, Oddworld, Motorstorm 3. Will probably start Darksiders first since I have been meaning to play it due to the zeldaish parts of it.

Jintor

I can't wait to have time to play games. I'm taking time off today to write a cover letter. Man I'm so cool. Oh and write for Hyper I guess.

Salazar

This 20 bucks I blindly plonked down for psn+ is turning out ok. Downloading Darksiders, Warhammer 40 whatever, Oddworld, Motorstorm 3. Will probably start Darksiders first since I have been meaning to play it due to the zeldaish parts of it.

Lots of good things about that game. Some painfully unambitious design, worse as it goes on, but the ideas in the combat are tremendous. The jetpack+thunder hammer combination is ridiculously wonderful and will take a while to surpass.

Fredescu

I know it isn't the purpose of Diablo. But its storyline really is pretty bad.

Like, pure cliche.
Not just the storyline but all the writing and dialog. It's terrible. They could have done so much more with the companion banter. At least that means I can play it with the sound off.

Jintor

So essentially you're playing it as a completely mechanical experience? There's something narcotics-like about that. Upgradable XP systems are like hard drugs to me.

Fredescu

Yeah, lots of great games are like that though. It's not like you need a narrative to have fun. It's just, they obviously spent so much time and money on making the game that to obviously phone in one part of it really sticks out.

Omikron

Not just the storyline but all the writing and dialog. It's terrible. They could have done so much more with the companion banter. At least that means I can play it with the sound off.

Yeah, it just seems so forced and fake. Eh whatever. I guess I will play through it the once for the story etc and then see if I can get the motivation for the other play throughs or whatever. Could be a good game to listen to music / podcast / other with.

The praise for the game does seem to come off a bit fan boyish doesn't it? Surely the gameplay is super, super polished, but the presentation of that seems a bit naff.

Fredescu

The skill system is the highlight for me. Also, I don't know of any other games designed and balanced with linear progression up through the difficulties in mind.

Definitely a good podcast game. Loot games in general are good for that.

hamchan

Yeah, it just seems so forced and fake. Eh whatever. I guess I will play through it the once for the story etc and then see if I can get the motivation for the other play throughs or whatever. Could be a good game to listen to music / podcast / other with.

The praise for the game does seem to come off a bit fan boyish doesn't it? Surely the gameplay is super, super polished, but the presentation of that seems a bit naff.

Nope, the game actually deserves all the praise for the gameplay and high production values. The story and dialogue are laughable but I don't know anyone that cares deeply about Diablo's story. I suppose anyone that praises that one aspect is a fan boy but everything else about the game is great.

It's pretty much the ultimate podcast game.

Jintor

The only talk I've ever heard about story was the Thumbs chatting about how Diablo 2's story is actually completely separate from what you do as a character.

Deeku

I can't wait to have time to play games. I'm taking time off today to write a cover letter. Man I'm so cool. Oh and write for Hyper I guess.
Ugh, cover letters are the woooorst!

Lots of good things about that game. Some painfully unambitious design, worse as it goes on, but the ideas in the combat are tremendous. The jetpack+thunder hammer combination is ridiculously wonderful and will take a while to surpass.
It better be decent! I'm only downloading because I remembered you going on about it back when you played it. All I know about warhammer is painting little people.

Rezbit

Nope, the game actually deserves all the praise for the gameplay and high production values. The story and dialogue are laughable but I don't know anyone that cares deeply about Diablo's story. I suppose anyone that praises that one aspect is a fan boy but everything else about the game is great.

It's pretty much the ultimate podcast game.

I find it's a great game to play after work, really quite cathartic. But yeah the story is total balls. I was laughing through most of it.

Also Prometheus is not without faults, but it's still pretty damn awesome. Made me squirm.

Salazar

It better be decent! I'm only downloading because I remembered you going on about it back when you played it. All I know about warhammer is painting little people.

It's just great for melee to be the dominant element. Shooters are much more satisfying when the shooting is a complementary action.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I find it's a great game to play after work, really quite cathartic. But yeah the story is total balls. I was laughing through most of it.

Also Prometheus is not without faults, but it's still pretty damn awesome. Made me squirm.

The best bit is playing on a lower difficulty after a hard days work. One handed mouse gameplay is our friend. (This is why I join your games fredu :p)

Also, got an application OK'd, buut they need my house mates new job details. He has a meeting with them today at lunchtime to confirm everything so that I can get the details and send it to the real estate agent (arnie, its a 20 minute walk, located 5 mins near the corner of smith and johnston)

But.. He got home drunk at 1am.. Very drunk. I don't think he's going to wake up. So I set various alarms throughout the apartment and hid them.

Yeah I get that too sometimes, just go to their youtube channel!

Woo this 20 bucks I blindly plonked down for psn+ is turning out ok. Downloading Darksiders, Warhammer 40 whatever, Oddworld, Motorstorm 3. Will probably start Darksiders first since I have been meaning to play it due to the zeldaish parts of it.

If you like fighting games in the slightest, get virtua fighter. So good.

Rahk

Purchased Prototype 2: Limited Edition a week or so ago online, and they didn't have stock, so a day or so after buying it online, I emailed them asking for a refund since they said it'd take a while to get stock...

I got an email stating the game will be arriving a lot earlier than expected.. And a guy from Harvey Norman called a few hours after asking if I wanted to cancel the order, and I said no, don't worry.

I received the game around two days later, happy and all, and bam, credit history states I've received a refund of $78.

So I basically got the game for free, heh. Harvey Norman you beauty.

Wait, what? Prototype 2 came out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom