• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahk

New games in the Humble Bundle if you beat the average.

Lone Survivor, Braid and Super Meat Boy.

I bought it for Lone Survivor since I already own or have played everything else. I guess I can add a few games to my Steam list at least.

Danoss

I just went to visit the house of the jerk who has my Origin ticket. No one was home, no cars were in the driveway.

Before anyone says "he's at work", he works at night and his wife works during the day. They have two kids that are too young for school, so someone has to look after them. Unless they have moved or I just happened to be there at a bad time, I don't know.

They could very well still be on their honeymoon, but I highly doubt that would be going for almost 3 weeks, especially with the way he abuses his annual leave.

It's a 50km round trip on the bike and bloody hell it was freezing, so not something I can repeat too much before I run out of fuel and money to refill the tank, or my hands refuse to pull the brake lever any longer. I might have to resort to cutting his tyre stems next time I see his car.

Jintor

I want those soundtracks... again...

/edit bought. Anybody want Bastion, Sword and Sworcery, Amnesia, Braid, Psychonauts, Super Meat Boy, or Limbo? I has Steam codes.

Also Prometheus is not without faults, but it's still pretty damn awesome. Made me squirm.

Thankfully, I didn't find it as gory as I was expecting though I certainly would think twice about taking a
pregnant woman
to see it.

but
seriously don't read if you have any expectation of seeing this movie- why did David taint the guy's drink? And why did they eject the vicker's quarters/lifeboat but have charlize get in a ejector pod, apart from having her in the position to get killed that way.

Nice to see Avengers is not the only good movie this 'summer'

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Looks like I'll have to watch those Mouz VS VP games.

Yea. Vods should be up on joindota soon, should be up by tonight easily.

I'm pissing like a fountain, every 20 minutes or so now. Dunno why, Maybe I'm not eating enough or maybe in the past 2 years i've gotten diabetus. My blood test from 2 years ago was super clean and good, aside from 2 slightly higher than normals in protein and something like. I was like 1 above the max!

The usual doctor I see is booked out until next friday and I figured I should try get a second opinion since the previous doctor, while fine, maybe didn't seem to care? I think I also put that down to me not giving him enough information.

As long as it doesn't fall off over the next week or two, I should hopefully be good although slightly annoyed.

The story of my dick, Continues. :D

Side note. No idea if I will be heading back to work in the city next week. Current boss guy is hitting up the docs as well a few times, I guess that trip could be delayed a little bit. Hopefully not too long as I have a nice looking dark red head waiting for me to say hi.

The story of my failed love life, Continues.

Fredescu

Anybody want Bastion, Sword and Sworcery, Amnesia, Braid, Psychonauts, Super Meat Boy, or Limbo? I has Steam codes.
I think you just get two codes, one for the normal ones and one for going over the average. So you'd have to give them all away at once if at all I think. I bought it just for S&S and didn't get any spare keys for the ones I had.

Aon linked this (http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/abrash/do-what-you-love/) in IRC and it has one of the best fucking quotes I've heard in such a long time:
The point is emphatically not that you should neglect everything else in order to program; it’s that you should figure out what makes you want to neglect everything else, and do that.

I think you just get two codes, one for the normal ones and one for going over the average. So you'd have to give them all away at once if at all I think. I bought it just for S&S and didn't get any spare keys for the ones I had.

This is true, but bastion has its own code.

Choc

Banned
Qantas_A380_at_LAX.jpg

wii u will be 399 imo

Choc

Banned
I just went to visit the house of the jerk who has my Origin ticket. No one was home, no cars were in the driveway.

Before anyone says "he's at work", he works at night and his wife works during the day. They have two kids that are too young for school, so someone has to look after them. Unless they have moved or I just happened to be there at a bad time, I don't know.

They could very well still be on their honeymoon, but I highly doubt that would be going for almost 3 weeks, especially with the way he abuses his annual leave.

It's a 50km round trip on the bike and bloody hell it was freezing, so not something I can repeat too much before I run out of fuel and money to refill the tank, or my hands refuse to pull the brake lever any longer. I might have to resort to cutting his tyre stems next time I see his car.

let me know dan.......

Fredescu

Did anyone end up using JB Hi-Fi Now? Thinking of buying a new phone and JB are giving free 12 month subs with phones at the moment. It looks pretty similar to Spotify. There is no free version (apart from the first month), but the one with mobile access is actually cheaper than Spotify.

Feel like death, even worse than before. Finish anti-biotics today so might have to go back to doctor again. Arggg.

Anybody want Bastion, Sword and Sworcery, Amnesia, Braid, Psychonauts, Super Meat Boy, or Limbo? I has Steam codes.
lol. Although Bastion OST is worth it soooo much. 2nd best soundtrack of last year.

Also you get one code for the bundle and one code for Bastion. You might get a separate code for Bundle 4.

Side note. No idea if I will be heading back to work in the city next week. Current boss guy is hitting up the docs as well a few times, I guess that trip could be delayed a little bit. Hopefully not too long as I have a nice looking dark red head waiting for me to say hi.

The story of my failed love life, Continues.
Just go in there when you are off work and tell her to call you, maybe.

Danoss

Up until now, I had been sending rather pleasant messages asking for a return phone call or what's happening with my Origin ticket. A couple were sent to the guy with them and one to his wife. I made a few phone calls too, none of which were answered or returned either. After my visit to the house today and being all pissed about it, I sent a rude message basically calling him a thief and being surprised he would do such a thing. Minutes later, I receive a phone call from another friend saying that this guys wife called him and is emailing the pdf to him to give to me.

Turns out during this discussion, I was somehow expected to turn up to the wedding with no goddamn info on what the hell was going on, what to wear or a method of getting there. Apparently they were surprised when I didn't arrive. Somehow after me shocking them by unbalancing their wedding party, there wasn't, and still hasn't been, a phone call to find out what happened and where I was. Either they don't care or were somehow pissed off about this, I would assume this since neither of them has contacted me directly, going through someone else instead.

Apparently after the wedding, this guy went in for surgery on his shoulder which he had damaged at work some time ago, quite severely too. I could see what that work injury had done to him and it wasn't good, surgery was really the only answer as rehab wasn't doing anything for him. Good for him that he got that happening, it seemed his work and their insurance company really didn't want to pay for it. Turns out the surgery went bad, he got a Staph infection and had been in intensive care for some time.

Now it seems I look like the bad guy for being insensitive. That's what happens when you keep someone completely in the dark, I suppose. What else was I to deduce from not having any contact with these people for months? I didn't intend to burn my bridges but somehow I've ended up holding a match in my hand.

Now it seems I look like the bad guy for being insensitive. That's what happens when you keep someone completely in the dark, I suppose. What else was I to deduce from not having any contact with these people for months? I didn't intend to burn my bridges but somehow I've ended up holding a match in my hand.
They didn't bother to let you know what your role in the wedding was, the blame is on them. If I didn't tell my groomsmen the suits they needed to get then I would have no recourse to get pissy at them on the day for showing up in random shit.

In any case if you get your ticket and get away from them as you originally hoped then it is win win. Worry about any hurt emotions a few years down the track if they end up becoming people worth you hanging around. Maybe just say that you assumed you weren't invited since you hadn't heard from them and leave it at that.

Danoss

They didn't bother to let you know what your role in the wedding was, the blame is on them. If I didn't tell my groomsmen the suits they needed to get then I would have no recourse to get pissy at them on the day for showing up in random shit.

In any case if you get your ticket and get away from them as you originally hoped then it is win win. Worry about any hurt emotions a few years down the track if they end up becoming people worth you hanging around. Maybe just say that you assumed you weren't invited since you hadn't heard from them and leave it at that.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. I don't like being seen in a bad light for something that is beyond my control or for something that is untrue, but I will let this one go, they're clearly not worth it.

I'll see how I go with the ticket, I wouldn't put it past these people to change the barcode or something similar.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

A line from one of my favourite movies.

Rezbit

Salazar, you're a braver man than I wandering into that thread and trying to have a discourse with a few of those particular gentlemen.

*tips hat*

Salazar

Salazar, you're a braver man than I wandering into that thread and trying to have a discourse with a few of those particular gentlemen.

*tips hat*

I'm not sure what that asshole is trying to say, except that the Holocaust

a) was negligible besides the Civil War, or perhaps negligible in itself
b) was just WWII business-as-usual
c) wasn't racist.

I would tend to get inflamed about any one of those in isolation. A pissant combination gets me riled.

Rezbit

I was absolutely gob-smacked when I read that. Also, when you were told to go back and read the argument, which was two and a half lines? Wow. Also not too sure what the argument is. That thread is on a hiding to nothing.

Salazar

The Robina Town Centre double stabbing over a pair of shoes happened outside Country Road ?

SDVxC.jpg

Sooner I get out of here the better.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I was reminded Lollipop Chainsaw comes out next week. What a nice surprise.

Omikron

Mentally exhausted. Long weekend timing is excellent.

Also: I need new shoes. Fuck.

Double also: My wife is buying me clothes. Wives. 8)

midonnay

1938677.jpg

don't get why the swimmers have to apologise for this picture :/

looks like a normal touristy thing to do and they aren't gamehunting rhinos or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom