• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking up what Blatchy's Blues is, I couldn't rightly sit there (I wouldn't wear the wig and I'd likely get killed at the first Maroon try), so I'll withdraw myself from contention now.

If
when
Queensland win it'd be pretty fun. Actually it'd be fun the whole time. As long as you could banter with dozens of people for 80+ minutes

So are lots of people who weren't born there, apparently. >.>

Man, this is starting up again? Origin 2 is still a bit away. But here are a couple of non-NSW born NSW players.

1. Ken Nagas (Bundaberg), 2. James McManus (Scotland), 3. John Hopoate (Tonga), 4. Timana Tahu (Melbourne), 5. Hazem El Masri (Lebanon), 6. Peter Wallace (Melbourne), 7. Peter Sterling (Toowoomba), 8. Dean Pay (Melbourne), 9. Ben Elias (Lebanon), 10. Justin Poore (Bunbury, WA), 11. Ian Roberts (London), 12. Willie Mason (Auckland), 13. Mario Fenech (Malta).

More importantly, Thaiday out is a big blow for Queensland. Parker is a good player, but no Thaiday will make winning in Sydney that much tougher.

Also Danoss, remember that camera question pre-e3? I think I've decided to go with a Nikon. Mostly because its on a ridiculous special at my local JB. From what I've seen at the entry level I'm looking at there isn't a huge difference between the Canon and Nikons anyway. What were those books you recommended? I'm definitely going to pick them up

Ydahs

About time Optus Internet is back.

eBay suspicious buyer time: My sister sold her wedding dress on eBay this morning. The buyer's address is apparently in a suburb north of St Kilda, but my sister said that it doesn't exist on Google Maps. The buyer herself said she's currently in Auckland and will pay soon, but she's leaving for an appointment shortly. The suspicious thing is, at the time of that message, it was 2AM in Auckland... who has appointments at that time of the day?!

My sister contacted the buyer asking her about her address, but no reply. Should she just bail out before the payment's been made? She really needs this money and I don't want her to lose nearly a grand through a scam. If the payment is made, what approach should my sister take? Use her debit card over Paypal?

I was reminded Lollipop Chainsaw comes out next week. What a nice surprise.
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss it shall be mine once I can see some money at the bottom of this black hole of weddingness.

1938677.jpg

don't get why the swimmers have to apologise for this picture :/

looks like a normal touristy thing to do and they aren't gamehunting rhinos or anything.
Main reason is that they are representing Australia and the people of Australia. It isn't the kind of image that the organisation want to portray to outsiders. Especially since our gun control is much bigger than in the US.

I can understand asking them to take it down, shouldn't go any further than that though and they should still swim (even if they are fuckwits, which they are. Most professional swimmers are!). Stuff like this is tightly controlled with even AFL footballers, if they get drunk at a club and photos appear in the public eye you sure as hell see a press conference. Or speeding through a children crossing (you fuckwit Johnson).

I don't see how console devs ate going to stay profitable next generation. I read the SE demo thread and see the PS4/Nextbox spec threads, see the frothing, unreasonable demands from the people in there and am horrified.
People expect a lot but will settle for reality. If you make a good game and enough people find out about it you will make a tidy profit. Plenty of awesome games coming out from all corners.

What if by smashing some dudes face you bring peace to the middle east?
Batman don't stoop to the bad guys level. We win this shit by the book. Maybe with a few bent rules but no broken eggs thank you!

I think you mean the days of buying the huge innovation at retail is over. Innovation is everywhere at the moment. It's just not sold in retail boxes.
That Carmack Giant Bomb video is a good example. He was able to rig up an awesome head tracking rig for $600 that shits all over the available models and is offering it up to sell to enthusiasts that will improve the technology and product far beyond what he could do on his own. The world is full of innovation, I don't see games slowing down any time soon.

Trying on stuff is fine, its the staff that drive me crazy in clothing stores for some reason. Just can't deal with their fakery :p
That's why I buy online! Cheaper plus no annoying hover employee. I just want to browse in peace if I don't feel like things are meshing well and need to come back another day! When I am feeling it though I tend to buy big regardless of if I can get it cheaper overseas. My last 2 jackets were quite pricey (for me at least).

I might not be fully understanding, but if she gets the money does it matter if the address is odd?
The buyer could do a chargeback on her credit card or Paypal and say that the dress never arrived. Heard plenty of horror stories.

Danoss

Also Danoss, remember that camera question pre-e3? I think I've decided to go with a Nikon. Mostly because its on a ridiculous special at my local JB. From what I've seen at the entry level I'm looking at there isn't a huge difference between the Canon and Nikons anyway. What were those books you recommended? I'm definitely going to pick them up

Canon's specials on the 600D won't be far behind I would think, with the announcement of the 650D which is incredibly shit-hot for an entry level camera. Not trying to sway you, but it sure is a great time to be starting out in photography.

What deal did you get if you don't mind me asking? If it's on a certain clearance level at JB, they're able to do ridiculous deals, though not many items make that level.

The two books I recommended were:
I gave you Book Depository UK links because the price is good, shipping included which is reasonably quick too.

Pretty sure Batman is all about non lethal face smashing.

Bashing, not smashing. He wouldn't want them to miss out on the joy of the first snapdragon of spring. Also steak.

EDIT: People use their nose to smell a snapdragon. Batman don't want to break no nose.

Also it is a Simpsons reference :(

Canon's specials on the 600D won't be far behind I would think, with the announcement of the 650D which is incredibly shit-hot for an entry level camera. Not trying to sway you, but it sure is a great time to be starting out in photography.

What deal did you get if you don't mind me asking? If it's on a certain clearance level at JB, they're able to do ridiculous deals, though not many items make that level.

The two books I recommended were:
I gave you Book Depository UK links because the price is good, shipping included which is reasonably quick too.

Rad cheers mate. I'm looking at the 3100. I'm pulling a blank right now but the single lense kit was sub-$600 last week. I've got to check what the twin lense is tomorrow. I saw it online for $650 though. Probably pretty tough to beat.

Tigers are looking good tonight.

eBay suspicious buyer time
My suggestion:
ib8zE.gif

I might not be fully understanding, but if she gets the money does it matter if the address is odd?
Not if they're pulling a chargeback scam. Get the item delivered somewhere not associated with the credit card used, get someone else to collect it, ring your bank and say your card has been compromised. Or they are using stolen card details and the real owner of the card will dispute the charge.

At the end of the day, only the seller is out of pocket.

Oh, and Shan - you're very welcome. I hope you enjoy it. I'm glad it could go to an AusGaffer.

Omikron

Rad cheers mate. I'm looking at the 3100. I'm pulling a blank right now but the single lense kit was sub-$600 last week. I've got to check what the twin lense is tomorrow. I saw it online for $650 though. Probably pretty tough to beat.

Don't listen to Danoss. Nikon all the way 8)

Danoss

D3100 single lens kit is $593 online and the twin lens kit is $843. Unless their prices are different in store, both the 550D and 600D direct import look to be a better option.

Melbourne are impotent without their spine, hopefully the Tigers put them away tonight. If Lote had gotten that ball away before the line earlier, it was try time.

Shaneus

Hey guys. Have you all submitted your question for the Idle Thumbs ruminationcast? I have. It was the reason I took so long in submitting it :(

PS. My brother has a 600D. Some of it's fascinating, but I just can't get interested in it when he's happily dropped at least a few grand on something he's only (seemingly) been interested in for a few months.

Also, Idle Thumbs. Too long since a progresscast :(

Fredescu

Hey guys. Have you all submitted your question for the Idle Thumbs ruminationcast? I have. It was the reason I took so long in submitting it :(
I did. I got worried that I was taking too long and half arsed it and now regret it. Having thumbs laugh at me will be worth the donation.

D3100 single lens kit is $593 online and the twin lens kit is $843. Unless their prices are different in store, both the 550D and 600D direct import look to be a better option.

Melbourne are impotent without their spine, hopefully the Tigers put them away tonight. If Lote had gotten that ball away before the line earlier, it was try time.

Yeah I wouldn't pay that for it. I'm pretty sure the in store was different but I can't remember. I've lost the card it was written on.
The storm's defence has been solid though. A surpisingly good game so far considering the conditions

Danoss

Yeah I wouldn't pay that for it. I'm pretty sure the in store was different but I can't remember. I've lost the card it was written on.

Yeah, that's a joke price. If you were serious I'd say wait for the 650D, but since you're just testing the waters, jump all over a D3100 twin lens kit for $650 because that's insane value.

Have you handled it and played around with it? The cheapest price in the world can't compensate for controls that feel clunky or poorly located, or a body that feels uncomfortable in your hand. If you have and you like it, nice one!

The storm's defence has been solid though. A surpisingly good game so far considering the conditions

Indeed, I wasn't sure what to expect from this game. I was and still am hoping Melbourne get stomped.

Shaneus

I did. I got worried that I was taking too long and half arsed it and now regret it. Having thumbs laugh at me will be worth the donation.

I was in the same boat, but then somehow (fuck knows *exactly* how) I came up with this: "The PC... the last gaming platform to not get diluted with needless features that reduce the focus of "core" games a la Kinect, Move, touchpads etc.?". Possibly not great, but given that my previous question was "Star Control 2?", I think I came out of it okay.

Yeah, that's a joke price. If you were serious I'd say wait for the 650D, but since you're just testing the waters, jump all over a D3100 twin lens kit for $650 because that's insane value.

Have you handled it and played around with it? The cheapest price in the world can't compensate for controls that feel clunky or poorly located, or a body that feels uncomfortable in your hand. If you have and you like it, nice one!

If I can get it below 700 I'm sold. I've played a bit, I'm taking an SD card in tomorrow to actually give it a proper go though.

Indeed, I wasn't sure what to expect from this game. I was and still am hoping Melbourne get stomped.

Same. I think I'm one of the few Brisbane fans who remembers all the times the Storm have killed us in semis (and stolen our future coach and Glenn Lazarus) but I hate the Storm.

Two quickies for the Tiges!

Danoss

If I can get it below 700 I'm sold. I've played a bit, I'm taking an SD card in tomorrow to actually give it a proper go though.

Yeah, you can't beat that price. Have fun playing with the camera tomorrow.

Same. I think I'm one of the few Brisbane fans who remembers all the times the Storm have killed us in semis (and stolen our future coach and Glenn Lazarus) but I hate the Storm.

Two quickies for the Tiges!

Scrum win against the feed! Crush 'em Tigers!

I much prefer Anthony Griffin to Craig Bellamy. Griffin seems to have some honour for lack of a better word, Bellamy isn't above dirty and cheap tactics to get a win. I have a lot of respect for Griffin because of that, and more.

Fuck the Storm forever, I'll never forgive the salary cap cheating and the general over-the-top dirty tactics on the field. They're despicable.

Rahk

Don't worry. I couldn't think of anything so I just told them to talk about whatever they want at the point in time they get to my question (or Dota 2). :(

Deeku

Leave the cat alone dog!

Anyway, so downloading a bunch of crap from psn sucks. Each game is like 6gb plus and it's taking forever to download:/

So in the meantime, I decided to boot up steam on my mac. Turns out Torchlight is pretty fun! I hope it gets a bit harder though. I'm playing on normal cos this is my first clickety click click game and I'm kinda breezing through the first couple of quests with my dual pistol woman (lvl 11 atm). Maybe should have started on hard.

Shaneus! You should totally grab Driver San Fran, it is the most fun you will have with a driving game this year. Hell, I would rate it even higher than Burnout Takedown! Incredible fun and so far I haven't been frustrated even ONCE! Which is insane! Games usually give me the shits but San Fran is amazeballs. The cars handle great and the challenges are heaps of fun. Game is fun! We should have more fun!

So in the meantime, I decided to boot up steam on my mac. Turns out Torchlight is pretty fun! I hope it gets a bit harder though. I'm playing on normal cos this is my first clickety click click game and I'm kinda breezing through the first couple of quests with my dual pistol woman (lvl 11 atm). Maybe should have started on hard.
Nice work! Torchlight 2 is like tons improved too, try and get in on a 4 pack for that, only $15 each!

Filling in for Rep.

w8qPn.gif
xwSVc.gif
PZBTx.gif
Shan should post her cute cat one here too!

eJEjp.gif

PSIHp.gif

Deeku

Yes way.

bodyboarder said:
Slow downloading? Try turning media sharing off.
It's not downloading slow I don't think, it's just...6gb+ kinda takes more than half an hour lol.

reptilescorpio said:
Nice work! Torchlight 2 is like tons improved too, try and get in on a 4 pack for that, only $15 each!
I watched some videos of the beta and it does look nice, but need to wait for the mac port!

Shaneus

Shaneus! You should totally grab Driver San Fran, it is the most fun you will have with a driving game this year. Hell, I would rate it even higher than Burnout Takedown! Incredible fun and so far I haven't been frustrated even ONCE! Which is insane! Games usually give me the shits but San Fran is amazeballs. The cars handle great and the challenges are heaps of fun. Game is fun! We should have more fun!
Reptile! I totally already have Driver San Fran. It was the most fun I've had with a driving game this year, until my attention span got the better of me and I never played it again. I especially loved the not-so-subtle references to They Live:
0CaX2.png

xl3nR.png

(Amazing movie BTW. See it if you haven't already. John Carpenter FTMFW.)

Jambo hasn't gotten back to me re: his cut of the four pack my brother, myself and reptile have gone in on. Keen, deekster?
Edit: Waiting for the Mac thing. Coolio, Julio.
Edit #2: Actually rep, how come mentioning Driver: SF now? Just buy or just play or on sale?

Ydahs

My suggestion:
ib8zE.gif

Not if they're pulling a chargeback scam. Get the item delivered somewhere not associated with the credit card used, get someone else to collect it, ring your bank and say your card has been compromised. Or they are using stolen card details and the real owner of the card will dispute the charge.

At the end of the day, only the seller is out of pocket.

Oh, and Shan - you're very welcome. I hope you enjoy it. I'm glad it could go to an AusGaffer.

Yeah, this is what I was most concerned about. I'll forward this info to her so she can reconsider or at least contact eBay first.

Shaneus

Hey guise. Cheap XBL:

Free Voucher to Purchase Xbox LIVE 12-Month Gold Membership for $35
Amazon Digital Services
Sold by Amazon Digital Services
The Details

As if your Xbox 360 weren't awesome enough, today's deal lets you add to the excitement. Take things to the next level when you get a free voucher to purchase an Xbox LIVE 12-Month Gold Membership for the low price of $35 (41% off $59.99 List Price).

Xbox LIVE is the online entertainment service for Xbox 360. With an Xbox LIVE Gold Membership, take your Xbox 360 online to play Kinect and controller games with friends wherever they are. Instantly watch HD movies, TV shows, and sports through Amazon Instant Video, and with Kinect, discover even more entertainment options. Just say what you want to watch, listen to or play and Xbox finds it.
What You Need to Know

• Voucher must be redeemed prior to June 22, 2012
• Limit 1 per customer
• Limited quantities of vouchers are available
• Voucher is valid for a discount off the List Price of Xbox LIVE 12-Month Gold Membership (Online Game Code format) on Amazon.com. Final purchase price after discount is $35; customer will be responsible for $35 payment to Amazon.com, plus applicable taxes
• Voucher is valid for Online Game Code format only; not valid for Card format
• Voucher is available for use immediately after purchase
• Voucher not redeemable via 1-Click ordering
• Amazon.com account with valid credit card required to get this voucher
• Duplicated use, sale or trade of a voucher is prohibited

https://local.amazon.com/chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom