• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Hilarious Korean variety show. Probably some of the greatest family tv ever produced, in any period or country.
Hm. I am now curious.

I thought it was about the movie, but I am not disappointed.

Edit: Ooh, first post of 100pp? Let's make this post worthwhile.
5C5KL.jpg

PS. A bit rich banning Danoss, IMO. Getting pissed at someone for being bad at offering advice (or whatever) is one thing, but surely a tap on the shoulder is better than a straight-out banning. Even worse if he was dobbed on and it wasn't just a mod who stumbled across it.

Hm. I am now curious.

I thought it was about the movie, but I am not disappointed.

I found a link to the first (?) episode (Am I allowed to post it?). I've been meaning to watch it for months now. Here I go!

PS. A bit rich banning Danoss, IMO. Getting pissed at someone for being bad at offering advice (or whatever) is one thing, but surely a tap on the shoulder is better than a straight-out banning. Even worse if he was dobbed on and it wasn't just a mod who stumbled across it.

For some reason you don't really get 'taps on the shoulder', a temp ban is the warning.

Booo Power struggled in the 1st and 3rd quarters :(
Looks like Buddy will be out for 2 weeks too, gives Riewoldt a chance to heal up

A bit rich banning Danoss, IMO. Getting pissed at someone for being bad at offering advice (or whatever) is one thing, but surely a tap on the shoulder is better than a straight-out banning. Even worse if he was dobbed on and it wasn't just a mod who stumbled across it.
LOL
It is the kind of thread that mods would get a PM a day about. Photography people can be very touchy and defensive.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Well I'll be staying in Sunshine. I have no idea how far that is from the city..

This is exciting! Two gaf meetups in the space of a week.

:( He should have stopped when he said he was leaving. But wow, he really does seem to know his stuff when it comes to cameras.
Said "oh dear" out loud when I read where you were staying. Yeh that's not that close to the city.. And is on the other side of the city to most of us (iirc?)

Piss up at evls house!

Bernbaum

Massive lineup for customs at Gatwick is heavily populated by eastern European women and I'm wearing board shorts.

The risk of an unwanted public boner exposure (UPBE) is at level orange for the first time since the 1999 high school swim carnival. LEVEL ORANGE.

Bernbaum

There's a gammy-toothed Londoner in the row across from me. If I put my sunnies on and coyly stare at her I should be able to shift this thing back down to yellow, or maybe aqua.

Boner updates as they come.

Bernbaum

Bag collected. We're in the safe zone, but there are enough car drivers waiting in the arrival hall carrying placards with names like 'Anastasya' and 'Kataryna' that have chub-maintaining potential.

Bernbaum

Okay, one hour before my train out of here so there's enough time for an (awful) British takeaway coffee. Young Ms. Pavlovalovalova is lucky she's queued behind me in this packed line otherwise business would be getting uncomfortable for both of us.

We're not out of the woods yet.

Deeku

I found a link to the first (?) episode (Am I allowed to post it?). I've been meaning to watch it for months now. Here I go!
I bookmarked this when Sal posted it here once. I still haven't watched any lol.

Also, spent the day clothes shopping, but came home empty handed:(

Oh and lttp, Rayman Origins is soooo good! Can't believe how great it looks on the vita!

Bernbaum

The one I'm watching keeps unsyncing with the sound, so thanks deek :D

Enough time to buy yourself some jeans?
My luggage has plenty of clean(ish) alternatives. However, having a board shorts-bound chubber isn't without its perks.

The awareness that the only thing keeping my unsheathed glans from the sweet freedom of air is nothing more than a half-millimeter of material and the Rip Curl logo can be quite liberating.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
i saw something on reddit the other week about stretching a big muscle (ie legs) really hard to stop le boner!

yet to test so cant verify

Bernbaum

On the train. The UPBE warning has dropped to blue and I've avoided any charges of indecent exposure (for now).

Thank you for taking part in 'Bern gets a Boner - An AusGAF™ Event'.

Massive lineup for customs at Gatwick is heavily populated by eastern European women and I'm wearing board shorts.

The risk of an unwanted public boner exposure (UPBE) is at level orange for the first time since the 1999 high school swim carnival. LEVEL ORANGE.

All I can say is, you better be wearing thongs.

Choc

Banned
Okay, one hour before my train out of here so there's enough time for an (awful) British takeaway coffee. Young Ms. Pavlovalovalova is lucky she's queued behind me in this packed line otherwise business would be getting uncomfortable for both of us.

We're not out of the woods yet.

05d.jpg

Rahk

Nah, language snobs are worse. "You seriously don't know what X means?" "You still need to use a dictionary?"
There are language snobs? I guess they have snobs for everything!

The one I'm watching keeps unsyncing with the sound, so thanks deek :D?
Yeah, the first episode on Dailymotion does that on every part. Probably too late, but you can find other download links in the forum here http://www.isubs-squad.com/

I've watched up to episode 13 on Dailymotion and the rest seem fine.

I think it was your intent to write:

There are language snobs? I guess they have snobs for everything!
I previously did not realize that such people existed. Having now been exposed to such a concept, I can now posit that this phenomenon might exist across all facets of interest in our community!

Yeah, the first episode on Dailymotion does that on every part. Probably too late, but you can find other download links in the forum here http://www.isubs-squad.com/

I've watched up to episode 13 on Dailymotion and the rest seem fine.
I have encountered the same problem. The first episode that I watched - located on Dailymotion - does exactly the same thing that has caused you dissatisfaction. It may be too late to be of use to you but you can find alternative download links in this forum: http://www.isubs-squad.com/

I have watched up to the thirteenth episode of the series and have not encountered the issue any subsequent times.

You may, if you chose to do so, use my edits in your original post. That's if you care one iota for the language in which you are communicating. This is your choice, obviously.

Today is a public holiday!

I'm going to spend it packing ahead of our moving next Saturday. We're moving in with my Mum until we can find a place we're both happy with.

We've put in an offer on a place, but the owners are playing silly buggers and are insisting that their place is worth $20K - $30K more than it actually is. Thing is, this is 2012, not 2002 you greedy munchkins. I know what similar houses in the street have gone for in recent months, just like I know what you paid for it. I'm actually scared that my current offer is unreasonably high. Ugh.

With those stressful negotiations as context, Bern's boner updates have been an inspiration to me. I ought to stiffen my resolve, but not be afraid to walk away if they continue to jerk me around. After all, when buying a house, you expose yourself to a lot of debt and as that grows, the repayments will rub up against other areas of your budget so you risk a blowout, which can be really messy. It's really a fine line to ride walk.

Well, at least the drive to work took less than half what it does normally, I can wear ultra casual stuff, and it'll probably be pretty quiet, meaning I can actually get some work done. Managed to get something pretty important working in the first 20 minutes I was here!

oh_noes_by_michellebuao7jx.jpg

There is defrosted bacon in the fridge from Saturday! I have no choice but to eat it! This life is soooo hard! I might even be forced to put maple syrup on it! Or just eat a whole plate of it!

Today is a public holiday!

I'm going to spend it packing ahead of our moving next Saturday. We're moving in with my Mum until we can find a place we're both happy with.

We've put in an offer on a place, but the owners are playing silly buggers and are insisting that their place is worth $20K - $30K more than it actually is. Thing is, this is 2012, not 2002 you greedy munchkins. I know what similar houses in the street have gone for in recent months, just like I know what you paid for it. I'm actually scared that my current offer is unreasonably high. Ugh.

And I thought geting a rental was a pain.

I know a feel people at work have the 'sellers' mentality. They think by spending $5k on the garden it will get them an extra $50k on the sale price. Reasoning with them is a waste of time.

And I thought geting a rental was a pain.

I know a feel people at work have the 'sellers' mentality. They think by spending $5k on the garden it will get them an extra $50k on the sale price. Reasoning with them is a waste of time.

Yeah also in addition VKS a mate of mine at work ended up accidentally buying a house that they were interested in that needed a bit of work (no issue as he is a carpenter, although his son and pregnant wife will make it a little stressful) after offering $30k less than the asking price and the owners laughed them away. The next day the real estate called up and told them their offer had been accepted, lol. The market is just fucking crazy and makes less and less sense all the time.

We almost moved into a friends rental that they had just spent $15k cleaning up with a full paint out but still have 3 months on our lease so had to hold out. It is insane how bad the return on some rentals can be if you get stuck with a bad tenant and a bad real estate.

Some people feel entitled to more, I guess. If I hadn't already pulled up two separate and independent property reports on the area and seen what it should sell for, I might be more amenable to meeting them halfway.

As it is, we'll probably have to look elsewhere once we're done with the move.

Just spent $120 on additional packing boxes. What are these things made from? Gold?

Yagharek

I'm in the process of moving from Perth to Geraldton. Yesterday I drove through that weather system. Haven't personally seen rain that heavy since monsoon in Darwin. Only for a little bit though, not constant.

Deeku

Ugh, pouring rain outside, looks like it will be that way for the day too. Indoors and video games it is!

reptilescorpio said:
Having the day off is awesome! I think I will just sleep it all away
Good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom