• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

Probably better to go with whatever Archer prefers.

Think about it. How can a spy be great when:
  • All his enemies know his name and are familiar with him
  • He always drives an Aston Martin
  • He always asks for a Vodka Martini "shaken, not stirred"
  • He loves to gamble
How hard would it be to kill him, really? Wait for him to arrive in his car, shoot him. Wait for his favourite drink to be ordered after he arrives, poison it.

His opinion of ties matters little when he is so poor at his job.

Did you see E3? NOTHING was original. At all.
I guess you missed Unfinished Swan, and to lesser extents Darklight, Dishonored, Watch_Dogs, P-100, ZombiU...

Think about it. How can a spy be great when
Yet he still prevails. He's clearly so good he can indulge in martinis made the wrong way, slutty women and throw away money gambling when the favour is clearly with the house.

Shaneus

Bahahahaha. Metal Deer Solid.
Spoiler maybe?

Oh shit:
Thoroughbred racehorse

With its passion for running still burns, the Thoroughbred racehorse runs around Tokyo, searching for its old track rivals in hopes of staging one more race.
GOTY

I guess you missed Unfinished Swan, and to lesser extents Darklight, Dishonored, Watch_Dogs, P-100, ZombiU...
Trying to make a point, dude... come on! And this game is out NOW (or soon). Those are all far, far off into the future. And none of them have a bloodthirsty Pomeranian (that you can dress up, mind you) in them.

Ydahs

eBay scammer update: seems the buyer was a hijacked account. Claimed she couldn't access her registered email and two recent feedbacks on the account have said it's a scam. Now her second buyer turns out to be a scammer too, sending her a phishing email. Ebay confirmed it was a phishing scam and suspended that account.

So in two days she gets two scammers trying to buy her wedding dress. Is this issue really that widespread?

Danoss

Where's the fun in that ?

Oh yeah, as a supervillain we're supposed to tell him our world domination plans and then surreptitiously (but obvious to him) ask if he can taste the poison in the drink before he has even had a sip, or just tell him how we'll kill him so he can prepare an escape.

That's probably the only reason Bond is successful, he is so mentally deficient that they don't think he's capable of much. All brawn and no brains. Wouldn't every psychopath with delusions of grandeur just kill him or torture him to find out stuff and then kill him, none of which are terribly difficult?

In the next film, Bond should use Foursquare & Twitter since it's glaringly obvious to all involved where he's going and what he's up to anyway.

Watch the best superhero movie again you ask? Sure Mr TV why not!

Famitsu gave Lollipop Chainsaw straight 9's

OH! And Rekordlig is $5 a bottle at Aldi!

Oh yeah, as a supervillain we're supposed to tell him our world domination plans
Since supervillains are so confident in their plans' success, why wouldn't they feel like they can boast about their whole plan to their biggest threat?

You either mean Dark Knight or Iron Man. Or are wrong.

Got the Christmas one in the fridge, think I'll crack it open tonight.

Danoss

Since supervillains are so confident in their plans' success, why wouldn't they feel like they can boast about their whole plan to their biggest threat?

If anyone but Bond showed up, they'd probably shut their mouth about it. They're more confident Bond can't do shit about it than they are confident in their own execution. If I told a 3 year old autistic child I was planning to rob a liquor store, I'd hardly expect it to pin me to the ground and point my own gun at me, foiling my plans.

Shaneus

Famitsu gave Lollipop Chainsaw straight 9's

Fuck, a workmate told me Superman 3 was on soon. Didn't realise it was tonight!

How long's it been on for?
(Edit: Oh, Ironman. Very awesome, but for some reason I was looking forward to surprise Superman 3)

PS. I now have a local Aldi! 5 minutes drive away. I don't see myself ever going there for groceries, but unusually cheap tech items and cheap booze? Sign me up.

PPS. Rollerskating elephants.

Everyone knows that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Mystery Men are the two best superhero movies and neither of them looked to be on when I checked the tv guide earlier.

Kick Ass is pretty good, though.

Iron Man is perfect blow by blow. Perfect cinematography and acting. The sequel was lazy in every aspect but Iron Man is spot on, like the first Xmen. Self concious yet makes the most of the medium.

I wouldn't consider the Nolan Batman movies to be superhero movies because of their grounding in reality and how seriously they take themselves.

midonnay

23 seconds...in the bombers attacking half.....

awww siren rings
]]]

oh MY FUCKING GOD

umpire called play on

oh mY god!!!!

ryder had the chance to kick from 50.....

Yagharek

Not going to entertain complaining about umpiring in the last few seconds.

Essendon need to learn to kick and play for 4 quarters. Pathetic loss, even moreso because of the final quarter showing they can do better.

Pull your finger out essendon, ffs.

Rezbit

Nearly a great choke job by the Swans. Shudder to think if Essendon played with that intensity for 4 quarters. Also Bombers players REALLY need to stop putting their arms up and asking for free kicks. It's embarrassing, but I guess it seems to work.

Happy with a near-conniption inducing win.

maladroid

37 to 18 scoring shots. 2 shot differential at 3-quarter time despite a 47-point deficit.

Dempsey could have been a hero if that siren went 1 or 2 seconds prior. That, or if he knew how much time was left. :\

midonnay

they're still the most dangerous team at the moment though....

if they converted some of those points (many within 20 metres ffs) it wouldn't even be close.

Salazar

QUADE Cooper says he and Wallabies teammate Kurtley Beale were "just out doing what young blokes do" before they became involved in an alleged incident with security staff at a Brisbane hotel early on Thursday morning.

Doofus.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
we can't win every game so i'm still happy with where we are.

we lose, but we dont get destroyed. (ok we did for 3qtrs, but hey its what happens at the end of the game!)

Yagharek

we can't win every game so i'm still happy with where we are.

we lose, but we dont get destroyed. (ok we did for 3qtrs, but hey its what happens at the end of the game!)

There is a big difference between an honourable defeat (Anzac day match this year) and an insipid performance for 3 quarters and 1 quarter of actual effort (vs melb and vs sydney).

They can play much better, its baffling why they dont.

4e78b07bd3ba6f7479749cae8e264dd6_640x640.jpg

Oh man. So so so good. Heated up some in the microwave too, it's really awesome warm.

Will be picking up more as soon as I see it.

Oh man. So so so good. Heated up some in the microwave too, it's really awesome warm.

Will be picking up more as soon as I see it.

That looks amazing. I've never tried warm cider before...

EDIT: Someone post up another bogan Brisbane story so I can use this great picture I found.

Shaneus

https://untappd.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/2012_06_09/4e78b07bd3ba6f7479749cae8e264dd6_640x640.jpg[img]

Will be picking up more as soon as I see it.[/QUOTE]
So, that's the Aldi one? $5?

How big is it? Worth me buying a shitload (a case or two) on sight or is there a chance I may not like it?

PS. I had a bit of a listen to an E3 Bombcast (Day Zero, mainly for GAF vs. Pachter) and... I dunno. The guys have the silly/informative ratio *just* enough out of whack to grate on my nerves. Not wanting to start wars, but while Thumbs do tend to be sillier, I find they veer into the informative far more smoothly and far more interestingly than what I've heard with the GB crew.

So, that's the Aldi one? $5?
Nope. Bought this from Dan's but Aldi may be selling it anyway.

I reckon you'd like it given your preference for the Monteith's apple and pear. This is similarly subtle, but with cinnamon and vanilla. Tastes like apple pie! And warm even more so.

Salazar

EDIT: Someone post up another bogan Brisbane story so I can use this great picture I found.

My only recent bogan encounter: a woman was on the run from an abusive bloke (her bloke, he'd been making threats), and she'd made it to Southbank. Where I was waiting for my train. And she'd phoned the police, and some had showed up. They waited. The abusive bloke showed up, no shirt or shoes, and he was basically too drunk to stand. Couple of police went to mind him - basically protecting him from walking over onto the tracks, really. The police told her there wasn't really much to do - "we're not relationship counsellors" was the repeated phrase - but that they could "give her a head start". So (I may actually have laughed at this point), they covered the drunk bloke's eyes while she jogged off towards the Gabba.

My usual experience with bogans is that they play amazingly dreadful rap at stupendous volume on the train and give I'm-fucken-crazy-don't-push-me stares at everyone in the carriage. That's one of the things I'll really miss.

My only recent bogan encounter: a woman was on the run from an abusive bloke (her bloke, he'd been making threats), and she'd made it to Southbank. Where I was waiting for my train. And she'd phoned the police, and some had showed up. They waited. The abusive bloke showed up, no shirt or shoes, and he was basically too drunk to stand. Couple of police went to mind him - basically protecting him from walking over onto the tracks, really. The police told her there wasn't really much to do - "we're not relationship counsellors" was the repeated phrase - but that they could "give her a head start". So (I may actually have laughed at this point), they covered the drunk bloke's eyes while she jogged off towards the Gabba.

My usual experience with bogans is that they play amazingly dreadful rap at stupendous volume on the train and give I'm-fucken-crazy-don't-push-me stares at everyone in the carriage. That's one of the things I'll really miss.

sure you will.

I can hardly believe the police are that stupid...

From the video store in Paddington:

Salazar

Excellent.

Risking my life at Robina Town Centre, epicentre of bikie and shoe related violence, tomorrow.

I can hardly believe the police are that stupid...

She did a very poor job of convincing them that she really wanted shot of this bloke. It was basically an "Oh, Daryl, you're such a fuckwit" tiff played out semi-dressed in public.

Yeah, $7-8 is the normal liquor store price. The winter cider is excellent after 20 seconds in the microwave. Great in cold weather but probably would be ordinary when it's nice out. I bought in Feb and have been waiting for winter to crack it open.

Edit: Feb, not For, ducking autocorrect.

Shaneus

Cool cool! Had no idea, TBH. And when compared to the A&P Monteith's in 500mL, WAY cheaper. (Actually no, it's $6.50)

Road trip tomorrow.

Shaneus

So, I've just watched half of that 10min demo of Watch Dogs. All I could get from it was that it's been heavily inspired by (or designed by the same dudes who created/produced) The Saboteur. The protagonist even looks the same! Carries himself the same, too... same attitude, same interactions with the public, similar sorts of missions... there has to be some connection there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom