• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

On the train. The UPBE warning has dropped to blue and I've avoided any charges of indecent exposure (for now).
xjFno.png

Mi 'scuse.

Cohsae

People here have been talking about Crusader Kings right? What is game, is it worth my time and money? It's on sale. TBH another game is certainly not what I need but the lure of the steam sale cannot be ignored.

Shaneus

A brief viewing of that (not long enough to even know what sort of game it is) is enough to make me want a new Defender of the Crown game. In fact, a multiplayer version (wouldn't have to be MASSIVELY multi, just four or five dudes) where you can raid the shit out of each other and take their land and steal gold and shit would be AWESOME. Tell me there's something like that out there RIGHT NOW that I can play.

I mean, come on. Wolfric was a total badass:
MOWFX.jpg

Shaneus

Oh guys, Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing is on a daily deal on Steam for $7.50 today. Or $3.75 from the US. Should look awesome on PC, especially given how awesome Outrun Coast 2 Coast polished up after doing the downsampling/super sampling thing for ATI cards.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing on Steam for $3.75 in the US! Ask someone friendly in this thread to help you out. EDIT: Fuck you Shaneus :(

Also this video is awesome and funny. Thanks Twitter!

Made another trip to EBGames sans child so I could give them a good going over. Pulled these 2 out in pretty much new condition.

Viewtiful Joe on PS2 for $3
Strangehold on 360 for $4

Completes my VJ collection and the disc is pretty much perfect!

YEEEEEEES TIME TO DEVOUR MY PRETTIES

Bacon Vegemite & Peanut Butter Sandwich Deluxe
5/5 - will eat again

A brief viewing of that (not long enough to even know what sort of game it is) is enough to make me want a new Defender of the Crown game. In fact, a multiplayer version (wouldn't have to be MASSIVELY multi, just four or five dudes) where you can raid the shit out of each other and take their land and steal gold and shit would be AWESOME. Tell me there's something like that out there RIGHT NOW that I can play.

I mean, come on. Wolfric was a total badass:
MOWFX.jpg
Mount & Blade?

All in all, that was like $300 worth of boxes :/
Ouch, last time we moved I grabbed a few extras from my old workplace. The benefits of working in Logistics I guess.

I think I may have indulged a bit too much in breakfast this morning. Couldn't decide between a stack of pancakes with berries and ice cream, or bacon and eggs. So I didn't.

Shaneus

Oh man. I remember during my bacon period last year... the sandwiches. Shitloads of crunchy bacon, in just-crunchy-enough bread. Oh man.

So the sale going on at EB at the moment... actually seems pretty good.

I saw Batman Arkham City on PC for $28, Driver for $23, even some of the Vita games like Lumines were down to $35. I felt like buying all of the above, but decided I didn't need any more games right now with such a stupidly huge backlog.

Shaneus

I mentioned it on Twitter, but I'm seriously considering ditching OGS Lollipop Chainsaw and going a preorder at JB. It's $30 more, but I get it on-time, and all this awesome shit:
cat_lollipop-chainsaw-offer.jpg

Packing is one of the funnest parts of moving. Finding things you'd forgotten about, and then re-finding them when you unpack again!

I mentioned it on Twitter, but I'm seriously considering ditching OGS Lollipop Chainsaw and going a preorder at JB. It's $30 more, but I get it on-time, and all this awesome shit:

Would you really use that Iphone cover?
Aww man that sounds scrumptious. I had muesli for breakfast. :/

Its way too cold for muesli :s How do you even chew it?!?!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the fuck? Lollipop Chainsaw is coming out this week? Fuck yes!

edit: fuckity fuck this post has the word fuck in it

Choc

Banned
this weather in sydney is fucking insane

it has dead set pelted rain for 24 hours now (yesterday i was refereeing in that shit in the middle of an oval)

:|

Shaneus

Would you really use that Iphone cover?
Well, the alternative is a severed head keyring at EB, but:
a) It's EB.
b) It's another $7 on top
c) No skins
d) It's EB.

And there's no mention of any preordery stuff with OGS.

Besides, it's been far too long since I've bought a boxed game with any trinkets, let alone an actual boxed game!*

*That reminds me. Talking of campy/awesome games, I got Deadly Premonition in the post, Vince. Looking forward to it!

And oh man, maple syrup. When I was in Canada a few years back, most stuff was either cinnamon, peanut butter or maple syrup flavoured. Maple syrup cookies were AMAZING (along with poutine. Also amazing). Fuck, I could kill for some of those cookies right about now. ARGH.

Jintor

Okay, one more essay to go. ONE MORE. LET'S DO THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES tommorrow night I have to write a CV and finish my Hyper stuff first

Boom going to Japan at the end of July. Well, planning to, no tickets booked yet. You guys have been to Japan before right? It's not super hard to get about considering I haven't spoken Japanese since grade 8 about 15 years ago right?

Also I saw Prometheus. Best movie I've seen in a long time. I am honestly stunned that I've heard people didn't like this movie. Batman is going to have a tough time taking out best movie of the year this time

Watched 21 Jump Street last night. It was pretty great! Very predictable and the change in character for the human female love interest in the second half was unacceptable but it was well directed, well written and very well acted. A very good movie to waste an hour and a half have a smile and a laugh to.

4/5

bestest most unexpected car chase ever.

lots of melb gaf doesnt live near the city so that might be trouble for weeknight but im sure something can be organised

drinks in city/fitzroy on the 28th LOCK IT IN MELBGAF
ill bring my purse

Boom going to Japan at the end of July. Well, planning to, no tickets booked yet. You guys have been to Japan before right? It's not super hard to get about considering I haven't spoken Japanese since grade 8 about 15 years ago right?

Damn I'm jealous. It depends on the area, but in big places like Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka you'll be fine. Might be an idea to pick up a lonely planet phrasebook when you go though. Where are you planning to go? I would recommend not spending the whole time in Tokyo. Its great, but its only a very small part of what Japan is.

EDIT: July?! Dude! You could climb fuji!!

Damn I'm jealous. It depends on the area, but in big places like Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka you'll be fine. Might be an idea to pick up a lonely planet phrasebook when you go though. Where are you planning to go? I would recommend not spending the whole time in Tokyo. Its great, but its only a very small part of what Japan is.

EDIT: July?! Dude! You could climb fuji!!

Why is July important for climbing Fuji? That does sound rad though.

We've only got like two weeks including flights, so plan at the moment is Tokyo for all the modern awesome Japanese stuff, Kyoto for Shogunate awesomeness and Hiroshima for depressing WWII stuff. Osaka I didn't even think of. Is it awesome? But yeah, I figured they would all be touristy places, although I honestly did think for a second a day trip towards Fukushima would be interesting. But I decided against it

Why is July important for climbing Fuji? That does sound rad though.

We've only got like two weeks including flights, so plan at the moment is Tokyo for all the modern awesome Japanese stuff, Kyoto for Shogunate awesomeness and Hiroshima for depressing WWII stuff. Osaka I didn't even think of. Is it awesome? But yeah, I figured they would all be touristy places, although I honestly did think for a second a day trip towards Fukushima would be interesting. But I decided against it

That trip sounds perfect, to be honest :D If you go to Hiroshima you should hop across to Miyajima for the monkeys/ floating tori gate and temples. I've never been to Osaka actually, so I can't say. June - August is the only time the snow is melted on the summit :p If you wanna go after that you need to be an expert climber or something.

That trip sounds perfect, to be honest :D If you go to Hiroshima you should hop across to Miyajima for the monkeys/ floating tori gate and temples. I've never been to Osaka actually, so I can't say. June - August is the only time the snow is melted on the summit :p If you wanna go after that you need to be an expert climber or something.

That actually sounds awesome. I didn't even think about climbing Fuji. Thanks Shan!

So many awesome running jokes and godlike character development.

Commander Kook. Ace JiHyo. Unfortunate GwangSoo. Cowardly Big Nose Hyung. Scheming kid HaHa.

Oh they're regulars then? First episode started off kinda slow, but I was laughing pretty hard by the end of it. Do you think I should watch them in order?

The weather has been absolutely horrible today.

I'll say. Its already pitch black!

What I wouldn't kill for some sun, my washing won't dry =/

Salazar

Oh they're regulars then? First episode started off kinda slow, but I was laughing pretty hard by the end of it.

Yar. Pretty good to watch in order. Some of the earlier eps had crazy stuff that they dropped later on - like the drinking and eating challenges that were super crazy.

Like in the ep where they roll a twelve-sided die and you have to drink the juice of however many lemons the die indicates. And someone gets a 12.

The regulars for most of it are

JaeSuk
JiHyo
GwangSoo
JongKook
SukJin
JoongKi
HaHa
Gary

+ Lizzy from After School for quite a few early eps.

JoongKi dropped out to do acting and MC a catastrophic singing competition show, but he wasn't such a big loss.

Some of the relationships had been built up in X-Man, an earlier variety show - like, the way in which HaHa is desperate to prove himself to JongKook's big brother figure.

Deeku

Truest superfan:eek:

Rain has stopped. I should probably go out and fetch the bins but it's a. too cold, and b. they're probably filled with water and I don't really feel like dealing with it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom