• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So many awesome running jokes and godlike character development.

Commander Kook. Ace JiHyo. Unfortunate GwangSoo. Cowardly Big Nose Hyung. Scheming kid HaHa.

lol he's my favourite. every time he speaks and gets cut off and just stands there sadly

Salazar

What Running Man does lack is the greatest love story ever told, Kookri. From Family Outing.

woahv7vp.gif

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl06i3_kookri_people

<3<3<3<3

Hoping that Hyori comes on Running Man when she does her comeback.

Darklord

Banned
3 days of getting shit faced at a festival. I'm fucked now, so tired. Flew home drunk and bombed as soon as I hit the seat. Good times though.

Jintor

My resume now looks so much cooler than my resume in 2010 and it's not just because I learned to format things properly in the last two years!

3 days of getting shit faced at a festival. I'm fucked now, so tired. Flew home drunk and bombed as soon as I hit the seat. Good times though.

Damn I'm jealous. I want to go out drinking ;.; instead I am stuck at home studying for exams.

Speaking of which, I have somehow been roped into helping my boyfriend write an assignment about how to sustain a living in the film industry. Cue the 'I have no idea what I'm doing" dog jpg.

EDIT: Thanks rep.

l9onp.gif

FIVEOFFTHIRTY - $5 off when you spend $30 at LOGS. You can even pick up a Crucial m4 128GB SSD for $130, they don't have the bigger capacity drives sadly.

My resume now looks so much cooler than my resume in 2010 and it's not just because I learned to format things properly in the last two years!

Oh shit that reminds me that I need to apply for a job that I may actually have a chance of getting! Thanks man. Time to tear my head out trying to eloquently describe all the crap I do at work. At least it doesn't close for another 2 weeks.

Damn I'm jealous. I want to go out drinking ;.; instead I am stuck at home studying for exams.

Speaking of which, I have somehow been roped into helping my boyfriend write an assignment about how to sustain a living in the film industry. Cue the 'I have no idea what I'm doing" dog jpg.

Buys his clothes out of the discount bin and cons his girlfriend into doing his assignments? Legend.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Legend!?!?

Shan: tell him to go on about providing internal procedural videos to companies (training videos / health and safety) and so on, most companies videos go back to the 1980's. it's not too hard to picket them to hire you to update their videos.

edit: thats for the getting a ground foot, once you've done that you have experience.

the bitch is most places dont count uni stuff as experience

Shaneus

Enjoy it. What do you think of Tom & Jerry?
Tom and Jerry? Haven't fired it up yet, so I don't get the reference :(

Oh, and have you been keeping tabs at all on the update for Stranger's Wrath on PC? IT'S STILL NOT FUCKING OUT YET. STILL.
Woeful practice on those guys. I actually bought Wrath on good faith that it wasn't more than a few months away (at the time). It's now, what... a year and a half later? And on ATI cards it's pretty much (literally, mind you) unplayable. Let alone looking like their initial images of what the upgrade would look like.

l9onp.gif

FIVEOFFTHIRTY - $5 off when you spend $30 at LOGS. You can even pick up a Crucial m4 128GB SSD for $130, they don't have the bigger capacity drives sadly.
I don't want to disparage your opinion on what is undoubtedly a fine SSD (a coworker has one) but the Sandisk Extreme is exactly the same price and benches quite a bit (though noticably? No idea) better than the M4. Sandforce 2, too (which is supposed to be orright?).

And a good reason to get an SSD if you don't want it as a boot drive, if you have a z68 mobo you can use up to 64gb as a cache drive for either an individual drive or on-board RAID setup. It's supposedly pretty awesome once you get your frequently used apps cached on there.

Shaneus, your avatar makes me really want a Pomeranian. :s

Legend!?!?

Shan: tell him to go on about providing internal procedural videos to companies (training videos / health and safety) and so on, most companies videos go back to the 1980's. it's not too hard to picket them to hire you to update their videos.

edit: thats for the getting a ground foot, once you've done that you have experience.

You've got some experience holy?
He's just completing his final year at film school, but I hear that's more important for networking than anything else.

Choc

Banned

if it was as easy as writing an essay/report as to how to keep making money from films, then dont you think 5 gazillion people would be?

what a stupid question.

edit: WWDC keynote at 3am. We might see the iphone 5. Probably not

but we WILL see IOS6.

Legend!?!?

Oh I have a suggestion!

One thing I've noticed at mining company sites is their induction videos are almost always out of date. They always make you sit through this 5-10 minute safety bullshit to go onsite (which boils down to don't be an idiot) and half the time the name of the company has changed, parts have been closed down or whatever. Updating those could be a way to make money. It's not like miners are short of cash or anything

So Neogaf Live Thread recognizes edits now.
THIS IS THE FUTURE

edit:

i
edit: WWDC keynote at 3am. We might see the iphone 5. Probably not

but we WILL see IOS6.

Yeah I'd say since there's been no rumours or hype they're sticking to the late release like last year and that will be the cycle now.

Oh, and have you been keeping tabs at all on the update for Stranger's Wrath on PC? IT'S STILL NOT FUCKING OUT YET. STILL.
Woeful practice on those guys. I actually bought Wrath on good faith that it wasn't more than a few months away (at the time). It's now, what... a year and a half later? And on ATI cards it's pretty much (literally, mind you) unplayable. Let alone looking like their initial images of what the upgrade would look like.

I don't want to disparage your opinion on what is undoubtedly a fine SSD (a coworker has one) but the Sandisk Extreme is exactly the same price and benches quite a bit (though noticably? No idea) better than the M4. Sandforce 2, too (which is supposed to be orright?).
lol The Oddboxx was a terrible release. Luckily we superior PSN+ people got Stranger Wrath on PSN for FREE! Take that Shaneus!

Oh nice! I remember you mentioning it a while back but could never Google up anything worthwhile on it but PCCG have it on special sale at the moment. Cheaper than the m4 and with the same Read speed and a much faster Write speed! The m4 was updated last year from around 415MB to 500MB Read but those Write times are fantastic. Only major concern for me is stability, I went with Crucial because they (and Intel) had a history of having more reliable drives than OCZ and the others. Haven't been able to dig up much about the Sandisk though.

So buy one and let me know how it is!

Shaneus

Shaneus, your avatar makes me really want a Pomeranian. :s
You should. They're awesome. But I only have it there because of the Tokyo Jungle game, as well as my best friend and his g/f being two-time Pomeranian owners.

I must find pics. You'll daww all over the place, guaranteed.

Fake edit: Found, from my mate's girl's Twitter.
Their first pom, Jessie. She'd had a stroke very early in life, but other than her (god-damn adorable) permanent head tilt, managed to live to the age of 15 (I think. About that, anyway). Seizures toward the end meant they had to put her down :(
(these photos are the most recent, too. looked like a pup through her whole life, could get away with murder!)
fWfpB.jpg

ndiC5.jpg

3QNVV.jpg

Miss her to death :(

Their new pom, Bonsai. Pisses EVERYWHERE and is a bit psycho, but still adorable as all hell.
(younger)
LNCPE.jpg

(last week or so)
YHVr8.jpg

lol The Oddboxx was a terrible release. Luckily we superior PSN+ people got Stranger Wrath on PSN for FREE! Take that Shaneus!

Oh nice! I remember you mentioning it a while back but could never Google up anything worthwhile on it but PCCG have it on special sale at the moment. Cheaper than the m4 and with the same Read speed and a much faster Write speed! The m4 was updated last year from around 415MB to 500MB Read but those Write times are fantastic. Only major concern for me is stability, I went with Crucial because they (and Intel) had a history of having more reliable drives than OCZ and the others. Haven't been able to dig up much about the Sandisk though.

So buy one and let me know how it is!
Oh, I'm running one now. It's awesome. But the only comparison I could draw is with my old OCZ Vertex 2 (which was only SATA2). It's way, way better. But I'm tempted to hook it up and raid my two 1.5tb 5400rpm discs, just to use it as a buffer like I mentioned earlier. If you're familiar with the Seagate Momentus XL (basically a drive with a gig or so SSD cache) it's exactly the same. But it's automatically set up in the BIOS and Windows recognises it as a single drive (so it's essentially invisible).
I think it's pretty good on warranty (3 years?) and like I said, Sandforce 2 controller (which is apparently awesome) and it uses some switching/flipping technology (I have no idea what it was) that's really only available on more expensive drives. And I guess, uses Sandisk's own memory. Perhaps that's the reason it's so cheap.

And that Oddbox... was that with updated Strangers Wrath? I have, erm, "access" to PSN+ so it'll be on there anyway :) I can also play it on my JTAG 360 as that has a hacked BC partition that will (at least, try to) play EVERY Xbox game. Most are fairly poor, but one that surprisingly worked well was Rallisport 2. Like, basically indistinguishable from playing it on Xbox, but upscaled slightly.

midonnay

I don't get what getting banned will do though :/

lurking and reading stupid shit wastes plenty and that still leaves the gajillion other distractions that the internet will bring...

gaffer should ban thyself from the computer.

magenta

I don't get why one would need to be banned. Internet is distracting and all but I just head over to the library, find a free desk and sit down to study. Works for me.

Ydahs

Any guitarists here?

I'm thinking of getting a guitar, but I'm in a difficult situation. I'm right handed in all things I do, but when I pick up a guitar, I pick it up like a left-handed guitarist would (pick in the left hand with the right hand on the fret board). It's the only way that feels comfortable and comes across as completely natural to me.

Googling online, I couldn't find an example of a right hander playing left handed. It's normally left handers playing left handed. Should I buy a right handed guitar and force myself to learn right handed or should I just go with whatever feels more natural, accepting the disadvantages (limited guitar options)?

Gazzawa

Any guitarists here?

I'm thinking of getting a guitar, but I'm in a difficult situation. I'm right handed in all things I do, but when I pick up a guitar, I pick it up like a left-handed guitarist would (pick in the left hand with the right hand on the fret board). It's the only way that feels comfortable and comes across as completely natural to me.

Googling online, I couldn't find an example of a right hander playing left handed. It's normally left handers playing left handed. Should I buy a right handed guitar and force myself to learn right handed or should I just go with whatever feels more natural, accepting the disadvantages (limited guitar options)?

Chris Roe of The Ataris is right handed but plays left handed.
If you are completely new you should just try learning right handed.
You can always learn on an acounstic and just arrange the strings the left handed way.

THE FUCK! Pikmin 3 won't have online MP only local! I live in the middle of nowhere Mr. Potatomoto! Trying to play it with my son would be a comical affair! I need to play it with my buddies who I played Pikmin 1&2 with in college who now have jobs and families and lives and shit and as such don't live in my goddamned room any more!

FFS :(

On a positive note though I won a copy of Assassins Creed 3 from GreenManGaming! Fuck yes! Roll on the end of the year.

iOS6 major feature? Maps.

Yup.

ALSO sms to ignore phone call. Currently my favourite thing on my phone at the moment. No more angry parents/partners!

Dead Man

THE FUCK! Pikmin 3 won't have online MP only local! I live in the middle of nowhere Mr. Potatomoto! Trying to play it with my son would be a comical affair! I need to play it with my buddies who I played Pikmin 1&2 with in college who now have jobs and families and lives and shit and as such don't live in my goddamned room any more!

Normally I am all in favour of local MP, but for this game having online MP also seems like a no brainer.

hamchan

Well that sucks. All my dreams of Pikmin 3 multiplexer leagues gone out the window. Nintendo will never understand online gaming I think.

Normally I am all in favour of local MP, but for this game having online MP also seems like a no brainer.

Well that sucks. All my dreams of Pikmin 3 multiplexer leagues gone out the window. Nintendo will never understand online gaming I think.

I just wanted to talk shit and steal my buddies marbles while laughing manically at them. So many fights erupted during Pikmin 2 and was always a happier affair than a Halo 2 session.

Choc

Banned
Oh, I didn't expect anything. Other than something that justifies a OS major version upgrade I guess.

well they need to stop fucking saying the worlds most advanced mobile operating system on their ads because its not now

Google must be laughing their arse off. The iphone 5 better be something special else Apple could go backwards

edit: surprised they still support teh 3GS with ios6 but not the original ipad. Does not compute.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
iOS has been showing it's age for a good while now. I can't believe it's still a static icon based design.

I don't know what they could do to actually make it interesting. It would need a leap from os9 to os10, something totally drastic but in this day and age that's going to be hard to do. There's just too much risk when you're sitting pretty on the top by a fucking mile.

New MBPs, which to buy if any? Since i've been moved into service I figured having my own machine for work might be handy but now i'm not so sure. With the retina MBP locking out memory upgrades, which we make good money on every month, it seems like that aspect of the job could be up in the air in the future. Thanks for locking shit down as usual apple.

I would be surprised if it's the normal though. People love to upgrade their ram and if you do get a faulty ram chip, it sounds like you might have to replace the entire logic board instead of a simple 5 minute ram chip swap over.

Fun times ahead. Now to figure out what the fuck i'm even doing here.

Choc

Banned
iOS has been showing it's age for a good while now. I can't believe it's still a static icon based design.

I don't know what they could do to actually make it interesting.

allow dynamic icons so that i dont need to open an app to see the fucking temperature is a start?

edit: lol apple, seriously. lost the plot.

AvJKk-rCQAAWFaZ.png

Why would iOS change exactly? I always thought it looked rubbish, but people are used to it, so why change when you've got a customer base comfortable with something.

Choc

Banned
Why would iOS change exactly? I always thought it looked rubbish, but people are used to it, so why change when you've got a customer base comfortable with something.

why make a new xbox? why make a new playstation? shit why make a new wii u?

innovation........

apple tends to be pretty good at that. Not on the phone side of things.

i am every day discovering new things i can do with Android, that just make things EASY.

why make a new xbox? why make a new playstation? shit why make a new wii u?
We're talking about the OS here. I expect the new Xbox will have whatever interface Windows has at the time. New Xboxes and Playstations need to have that 'newness' feeling in order to get the early adopters in. Apple don't want to risk alienating their existing, massive, loyal customer base and don't give a shit about the early adopters because they'll buy it regardless.

i am every day discovering new things i can do with Android, that just make things EASY.
Google release tons of half-arsed things and never update them. Apple release far fewer things that are polished to a mirror finish.

Example of Google doing stuff half-arsed? There's no Tasks app on Android. I can't assign ring tones to groups. Music Manager refuses to work from behind a proxy to upload music. The Galaxy Nexus has a multi-coloured LED, but I need a third-party app to actually have it work. There are two competing browsers from Google on Android. The list goes on and on. I'm an Android evangelist, but Google have no idea what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom