• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
for business studies i went to the head office of Coca Cola Amatil and McDonalds on excursions

and yes food and drink was consumed:p

Clipper

So, just to confirm on BrisGAF, we aren't doing any other events, like board games on the Sunday prior or anything, right?

Which reminds me... SydGAF, are people available on the 24th of June for a board games day?

Choc

Banned
You still have a long way to go China before we think you treat humans right

Abortion after she failed to sign form
MALCOLM MOORE IN BEIJING 3:42pm | A Chinese mother was held down while a lethal injection was given to her seven-month-old foetus, after she failed to fill in an application form to have a second child.

Jintor

Holy shit Lollipop Chainsaw you are a Suda51 game

Unexpectedly more difficult than normal though, died 3 times in the tutorial

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Holy shit Lollipop Chainsaw you are a Suda51 game

Unexpectedly more difficult than normal though, died 3 times in the tutorial

The start of the game sucks, compared to how you progress, as it locks off all your cool moves until you buy them. Once you start upgrading Juliet and learn the combat basics you'll be set.

hamchan

Reading the OP of the Lollipop Chainsaw OT makes me not want to buy it. I will buy it when it reaches $10, just like Shadows of the Damned.

Jintor

Mainly what this game does is reinforce that I think Kamiya and Suda should goddamn team up. The resulting action game would out-crazy the entire world.

Clipper

Seeing as Choc asked for this so nicely... It begins:
photo-98.jpg

Choc

Banned
lollipop chainsaw if you write out the points of the game on paper would sound shit and repetitive

but somehow, somehow it just works and is amazing fun

Shaneus

Was there ever a Lego game (sim?) where you could build your own shit? Not like, basic, shitty, new-age Star Wars stuff (no offense, but the stuff that's essentially closer to a jigsaw than old Lego), but stuff with motors and that fuck-off 3xC-cell remote control in the Technics set. I would kill for something like that.

I've been getting a lot of strange ads when I go into the Ausgaf thread...

image.png

And then there's the "looking for a married affair?" ones from gaf-mobile -_-

Clipper

Stage 2 complete, who knew R2 was so colourful inside?
photo-102.jpg

And I will mix them all up at some stage, whenever I get around to taking R2 apart and rebuilding him.

Jintor

lollipop chainsaw if you write out the points of the game on paper would sound shit and repetitive

but somehow, somehow it just works and is amazing fun

I'm really getting into the combat the more I work on it, but stuff still bugs me like the ability to get hit midway through dodges or unreasonable hitstun. Also, control in 'running fast mode' is terrible.

Was there ever a Lego game (sim?) where you could build your own shit? Not like, basic, shitty, new-age Star Wars stuff (no offense, but the stuff that's essentially closer to a jigsaw than old Lego), but stuff with motors and that fuck-off 3xC-cell remote control in the Technics set. I would kill for something like that.

There are builders out there, both official and unofficial. The unofficial ones are cool because you can add custom pieces (ones that aren't being produced anymore). Not sure about the motors though. Google LDraw, LeoCAD and BlockCAD.

Dead Man

Lego Digital Designer is the official program:
http://ldd.lego.com/download/

Clipper

Stage 3 complete:
photo-103.jpg

He's really beginning to take shape. He's got a blade and laser inside the doors on his front and I'm not totally sure how they'll be controllable to extend later on, but that's part of the fun of the build.

I'm taking a break for now, though, perhaps until tomorrow.

Kritz

Banned
I've pre-emptively decided I am not going to get... overly drunk at QLD GAF. The 100km journey from my hotel to Brisbane, and back, seems daunting enough sober.

So, what is the train system in QLD called? What times does it operate (does it have a shutoff time? Melbourne public transportation seemed to die down / slow down at around midnight)

Best I can find is this TransLink page. 2 hours to go from gold coast to brisbane. Man. Crazy. Also, $20. Price isn't bad, at least.

And... latest trip out of there is 10pm. That sucks. Wonder if I should just book a hotel in Brisbane for a night. Hrm.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MELBGAF
29th of June

WHAT SAY YE:

5pm onwards. Destination = Beer delux?

YEIGH:
Ho-Check(will get there 6pm plus)
Bananaarnie
shanshan
shaneus
Aonshinskidesu (will get there 5:30plus)
Aniseed
Omi
Jambo
Codswallop

TENTATIVEIGH BARRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS OR UNCERTAINTIES
evlcookie: WILL HE, WONT HE?

NEIGH:
fappenmeister: I'm not going to MelGAF i'll be washing my pubic hairs

WHAT SAY YE?
Lafiel?
Ridonkulus?
Megadrive?
Agyar?

Kritz

Banned
On the train or including bus ? 1 hr 10 minutes for the train trip from the end of the line on the Gold Coast (Varsity Lakes) to Central.

I'd like to think I won't drink much. But hey.

Including the bus, I guess. The bus only has to go 2-3km (taking 20-30 minutes).

Accommidation around Brisbane seems "alright". $200-300 for a shitty place to sleep overnight. Despite already paying for a place down on the gold coast, this might be easier. I think the family might even be heading to the sunshine coast the next day, and if they are, they could probably pick me up on their drive up.

Now the biggest concern, apart from getting on the wrong train or bus or whatever... and being stabbed, which is a wonderful mainland thing apparently, is my phone running out of batteries.

The iPhone I have clocks about 12 hours of idle useage, and about 4-5 of active use. Considering I will be using the map / browser features extensively, I wonder if I should look into methods of charging my phone while not near a computer. Anyone have any solutions for that? Like, portable batteries or maybe just bring in an AC adapter thing.

I'm sure it'll be an adventure either way.

Including the bus, I guess. The bus only has to go 2-3km (taking 20-30 minutes).

Accommidation around Brisbane seems "alright". $200-300 for a shitty place to sleep overnight. Despite already paying for a place down on the gold coast, this might be easier. I think the family might even be heading to the sunshine coast the next day, and if they are, they could probably pick me up on their drive up.

Now the biggest concern, apart from getting on the wrong train or bus or whatever... and being stabbed, which is a wonderful mainland thing apparently, is my phone running out of batteries.

The iPhone I have clocks about 12 hours of idle useage, and about 4-5 of active use. Considering I will be using the map / browser features extensively, I wonder if I should look into methods of charging my phone while not near a computer. Anyone have any solutions for that? Like, portable batteries or maybe just bring in an AC adapter thing.

I'm sure it'll be an adventure either way.

That is really appalling. Buying an adapter seems like the way to go.

If you don't end up staying overnight in Brisbane you should probably check what time the buses stop running, because from what I remember of my trips down there the GC buses kinda suck. If you do, $200 is a lot of money. Might be worth looking into hostels as well, depending on how worried you are about being stabbed.

EDIT: I can't tell if you're actually worried about stabbings, but don't be.

Kritz

Banned
According to google maps, every third building in the CBD is a hotel.

So far my plan is to hit Brisbane at about 12pm or a bit later, and start looking around / phoning some hotels. If any have a spot overnight that isn't >$300, I'll probably take it. That way I'm secured for the night, I don't need to worry about a stopping time (though I expect BrisGAF to finish after only 2-3 hours?), allows me to explore Brissy a bit and check out some places maybe, then just crash until morning.

The family should be moving to the sunshine coast sometime on the 4th, so they can swing by and pick me up. Then I can arrive in time to get drunk at the wedding without ramifications! As far as getting drunk at a wedding can go.

That seems like a secure plan. Assuming Brisbane CBD hotels aren't constantly packed full. And that I can amuse myself in Brisbane during the morning while waiting for a pickup.

Decided to make some extra coin by whipping up an invoicing program for our contractors. Been about ten years since I learnt to use MS Access, hope it hasn't changed much. And my brain hasn't deteriorated from drugs, alcohol & chicken.

Combination of a bug + super impressive texture blur = shitty screenshot.

So is it good or what? Am I missing out by waiting for $40 bomba?

Jintor

You don't get to make that kind of comment until athiests start killing people for their beliefs.

Inbefore communism or some other false equivilence

/edit oh lol that's already in the thread linked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom