• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

I have the exact same one. While I didn't quite get 4-5 full phone charges out of it, there's definitely been plenty of juice to last me through, say, a day festival chockers full of shazamming or a day at the F1. I think I paid less than $100 though. maybe $50?

Decided to make some extra coin by whipping up an invoicing program for our contractors. Been about ten years since I learnt to use MS Access, hope it hasn't changed much. And my brain hasn't deteriorated from drugs, alcohol & chicken.
Access as a front end is fine,* but as a back end database it's rubbish. If you can, set up a Maria DB (or MySQL), since it's free, and make Access use that. A little harder to setup, but significantly more scalable.

* The snobs among us will say it's not, and they're kind of right, but it'll do.

Access as a front end is fine,* but as a back end database it's rubbish. If you can, set up a Maria DB (or MySQL), since it's free, and make Access use that. A little harder to setup, but significantly more scalable.

* The snobs among us will say it's not, and they're kind of right, but it'll do.

Yeah I would have to dig out my MySQL book from the garage for a proper setup so this is more of a short term solution to get him up and running. All he needs is a total price for his invoices so he knows what he will be paid, so all the cool shit like minimal data entry will be left to later. Hoping to sneak in a cool midi background tune too.

Yeah I would have to dig out my MySQL book from the garage for a proper setup so this is more of a short term solution to get him up and running. Hoping to sneak in a cool midi background tune too.
My massive dislike for Oracle (and thus MySQL) would have me push you in the direction of Maria DB instead (and LibreOffice instead of OpenOffice), despite me using Oracle databases daily in my working life. It sounded like you were making something for a multi user environment at first but if it's single user Access is OK. Definitely squeeze some sort of MOD in the About screen!

Ydahs

MELBGAF
29th of June

WHAT SAY YE:

5pm onwards. Destination = Beer delux?

YEIGH:
Ho-Check(will get there 6pm plus)
Bananaarnie
shanshan
shaneus
Aonshinskidesu (will get there 5:30plus)
Aniseed
Omi
Jambo
Codswallop

TENTATIVEIGH BARRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS OR UNCERTAINTIES
evlcookie: WILL HE, WONT HE?

NEIGH:
fappenmeister: I'm not going to MelGAF i'll be washing my pubic hairs

WHAT SAY YE?
Lafiel?
Ridonkulus?
Megadrive?
Agyar?

Goes without saying, but neigh for me. I only drink high class wine.

Deeku

Ughh, needlessly complicated final dungeon puzzles in jrpgs are the wooooorst! Unlockable swimsuit costumes are still ok, though.

Goes without saying, but neigh for me. I only drink high class wine.
I've seen a few people do this, but "neigh" is the onomatopoeia that denotes the sound a horse makes. The spelling you're all looking for is "yay".

Don't feel bad. I was getting "horde" and "hoard" mixed up for years.

Moving today. It's gonna suck.

I assumed it was a joke playing on the high society wine thing.

All day driving and religion related stuff for wedding. hould be 9 hours driving.
At least I'm not moving!

I've seen a few people do this, but "neigh" is the onomatopoeia that denotes the sound a horse makes. The spelling you're all looking for is "yay".

I've seen a few people do this, but "yay" is an exclamation that denotes approval or triumph. The spelling you're all looking for is "nay".

Don't feel bad. I was getting "yore" and "yaw" mixed up for years.

Working today. It's gonna suck.

Clipper

Just before going to bed last night, I finished up to stage 4:
photo-104.jpg

Now to continue into the second book of instructions!

Edit: and Stage 5:
photo-105.jpg

The middle leg extends and retracts, but he needs a little help to stay upright at the moment...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=38904921

What the fuck, holycheck. What the fuck. Please tell me you are trolling, because that is seriously one of the dumbest, out of context posts I've read in a long time.

You should feel bad. :mad:

lol. I do not mean the athiests trying to be vocal in a clearly religious society like this where they're forced to believe rubbish, and the rubbish is damaging to their lives. no so don't worry.

I just mean the types in america who put up signs and buy billboards and be annoying and bash every single instance of religion like they are the greatest thing in the world and anyone who follows a religion is an idiot.

I had spent the last hour or so on reddit and was annoyed :(

HolyCheck

MELBGAF
29th of June

WHAT SAY YE:

5pm onwards. Destination = Beer delux?

YEIGH:
Ho-Check(will get there 6pm plus)
Bananaarnie
shanshan
shaneus
Aonshinskidesu (will get there 5:30plus)
Aniseed
Omi
Jambo
Codswallop

TENTATIVEIGH BARRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS OR UNCERTAINTIES
evlcookie: WILL HE, WONT HE?

NEIGH:
fappenmeister: I'm not going to MelGAF i'll be washing my pubic hairs
Ydahs: Busy drinking wine

WHAT SAY YE?
Lafiel?
Ridonkulus?
Megadrive?
Agyar?

lol. I do not mean the athiests trying to be vocal in a clearly religious society like this where they're forced to believe rubbish, and the rubbish is damaging to their lives. no so don't worry.

I just mean the types in america who put up signs and buy billboards and be annoying and bash every single instance of religion like they are the greatest thing in the world and anyone who follows a religion is an idiot.

I getcha holy. It's probably best just to stay out of those threads. Firstly because they are all basically the same, and secondly you don't wanna get yourself banned in there, or pop a blood vessel out of rage.

Ydahs

Oh I know, but just thought I'd use it since Holy used it in the categories.

Also, just for clarification for those that probably don't know, I don't actually drink, which is why I'm not going.

Clipper

Stage 6 complete... the rest of it was to add some detail to the side legs.
photo-108.jpg

In other new, the Tex Murphy Project Fedora Kickstarter is about to finish up. All the stretch goals have been made and the game is sure to be pure awesome. Now's the last time to pledge if you want any of the awesome swag, though. I look forward to receiving my autographed fedora...

HolyCheck

Oh I know, but just thought I'd use it since Holy used it in the categories.

Also, just for clarification for those that probably don't know, I don't actually drink, which is why I'm not going.

yeah it's more a get together to hang out, less emphasis on getting drunk :p

come along!

I unsubscribed from r/atheism. Problem (mostly) solved.

Yagharek

So you deliberately misread the thread and posted an irrelevant comment instead? Interesting choice of words too, since it was a matter of 'religious idiots' in that news article. Has absolutely nothing to do with your bogeyman of outspoken secularism.

HolyCheck

So you deliberately misread the thread and posted an irrelevant comment instead? Interesting choice of words too, since it was a matter of 'religious idiots' in that news article. Has absolutely nothing to do with your bogeyman of outspoken secularism.

I'll admit i didnt read the thread properly lol, just assumed oh another atheist on his high horse.

HolyCheck

I think that much was obvious.

eh based just on the bolded, dude was a dick (if he was insulting their religion, not if he was not and they were just "construed" as insults), guys who wanted to beat him were dicks.

the bolded does not point to the situation in their country, so what evs.

Choc

Banned
Tom Cruise might be a fuckchop but he is epic in rock of ages. Proves he really is the ultimate pro

Catherine zeta jones sounds just like pat benetar

HolyCheck

lmao!

When my friend stayed with me the other week he broke my shoe horn (it was a cheap plastic one that i got for free with my shoes, we laughed as he was doing the shoe goes on shoe goes off from the simpsons)

anywho, just got a package, its a fucking shoe horn lol. awesome surprise, a nice metal shoe horn too!

Oh gravity rush you're a refreshing change and one of the best games I have played this year :)

Good to hear, still waiting on mine to arrive.

Everybody's Golf is extra cheap on PSN for the weekend at $15.95 ($14.36 w/ PS+), Vita peeps that don't alreay have it ought to grab it.

lmao!

When my friend stayed with me the other week he broke my shoe horn (it was a cheap plastic one that i got for free with my shoes, we laughed as he was doing the shoe goes on shoe goes off from the simpsons)

anywho, just got a package, its a fucking shoe horn lol. awesome surprise, a nice metal shoe horn too!

Awesome friend.

Yagharek

eh based just on the bolded, dude was a dick (if he was insulting their religion, not if he was not and they were just "construed" as insults), guys who wanted to beat him were dicks.

the bolded does not point to the situation in their country, so what evs.

You make it sound like prison is acceptable punishment for atheism or apostasy. You have nothing to back up your argument, and being flippant about it makes you look like a dick, tbh.

HolyCheck

You make it sound like prison is acceptable punishment for atheism or apostasy. You have nothing to back up your argument, and being flippant about it makes you look like a dick, tbh.

well sorry if i came off that way. No it's not acceptable punishment, but it's also not acceptable to insult some one for believing in something if it brings no harm to you (which as you've pointed out in this case it DOES bring harm to him, so i am fine with that).

Good luck! Saturday exams are the worst!
Thanks>< I've never had one on Saturday before, but tbh it doesn't feel much different to any other day. Probably because I've been home studying all week.
Come on guys, let's not do this. I don't think he's trying to advocate that. I think we can all agree that imprisoning someone over their beliefs is never okay, the jerks who feel the need to make threads/ posts about how dumb all religious people are are painfully annoying, and holycheck did not read properly before posting

Yagharek

People should think before speaking. The guy is entitled to his beliefs and to profess them publicly. Everyone else does, but they don't go to prison.

The sole issue here is violation of his human rights, not anyone elses right to not be offended by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom