• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
I have no idea how that scale works. It didn't feel that strong up north. The first time I felt one, I freaked out, and then I went downstairs to people having breakfast who told me if I wasn't laying in my bed, I wouldn't have even noticed. :\

i assume the melbourne CBD was not the epicentre

probably out to sea, so out to sea it was 5.2 and diminishing returns as you go further away

Yagharek

i assume the melbourne CBD was not the epicentre

probably out to sea, so out to sea it was 5.2 and diminishing returns as you go further away

Yep, but it also depends on soil/rock type in the area you live on top of as well. Certain types of rock will transmit waves differently.

Your new house must be shake proof!

Also, I always thought midonnay was from perth:/

Also also, that package I got yesterday turned out to be jpop. But I got another box today that was even bigger:eek: Reason being that my Persona 4 came with an a3 size anime place mat that I don't really want lol.

You DON'T WANT IT?! But it's Yukiko... T_T

midonnay

534285_10150982075062948_159640694_n.jpg

midonnay

is the metro trains twitter account legit?

says that all trains have been cancelled because of some sort of damage O_O

also.... Moe is the epicentre.... explains everything

maladroid

I guess they're glad they can blame their incompetence on something other than themselves.

/still bitter morning train was 20 minutes late.

Hope everybody relying on trains to get home can get back alright.

edit: they haven't updated their actual site about it yet.

Shaneus

Shaneus! Did you grab Steel Battalion? Seems to have been torn to shreds. Sounds like Lair part 2.

A lot of people don't want to admit there could be a problem, or that they could be at fault, even subconsciously.
What? Wait... what? It's out? Is that the Kinect one? Believe it or not, our very own Vince actually own(ed?)(s?) the original for Xbox, controller and all. But I had no idea the Kinect version was even out.
And wasn't Choc saying that SB was actually *good* with Kinect?

Oh, I found that thread y'all are talking about too. Just pathetic. But, this did come from it:
spartacus_the_gamero4ehk.gif

LOL. I was just about to post that >< Damn these memes move fast.
It's moved so fast, that Comedy Central are actually using it to promo Futurama S7. I shit you not.

Also, reptile: Did you see my offer to get you Driver on Steam? This thread has moved quickly, I've not seen much of it over the last day or so. It was cheap. (How cheap was it?) It was SO cheap, I bought it on Steam just so I could have it in my Steam library! (and the deeeee-luxe DLC bits)

Have you posted anything else in this thread I'd want to know about before I crack the sads at you for not posting anything of interest to me in this thread? Anyone else?

Also, reptile: Did you see my offer to get you Driver on Steam? This thread has moved quickly, I've not seen much of it over the last day or so. It was cheap. (How cheap was it?) It was SO cheap, I bought it on Steam just so I could have it in my Steam library! (and the deeeee-luxe DLC bits)

Have you posted anything else in this thread I'd want to know about before I crack the sads at you for not posting anything of interest to me in this thread? Anyone else?

I did but I already have a non-steam copy so thought it would be silly to ask for a Steam copy. Just going to wait until it is under $5.

KMart are having sales on PS3 ($229) and 3DS ($169) next week. Other than that Bluetongue slabs are on clearance at Liquorland in WA for $20 and tomorrow Aldi have a bunch of cool American imported shit like Herseys Kisses (which I will be grabbing a pack to test how many we need for bombonieres).

Yagharek

What? Wait... what? It's out? Is that the Kinect one? Believe it or not, our very own Vince actually own(ed?)(s?) the original for Xbox, controller and all. But I had no idea the Kinect version was even out.
And wasn't Choc saying that SB was actually *good* with Kinect?

Still got it, EU version with line of contact.

Better Than Kinect™

Shaneus

Rep: Was it Kinect SB you were referring to? I'm currently looking into it now, but I had no idea it was in a demo-able state.

Edit: Never mind, found. But the blockbuster Kinect game I'm waiting for is that Panzer Dragoon notquel.

yeah i just replayed the trial of SB

im out

must have just somehow got a perfect run last time
A lot of games you can forgive the controls while you come to grips with the mechanics. Think of how many times you have realised who fucking annoying the controls in a game are by the time you are 10 hours in, Infamous was one for me with the imprecise small movements.

Sometimes you turn off that part if the brain and try to give a game a clear plate to work up from.

Choc

Banned
the thing is with a few tweaks such as changing either the motion control to zoom in OR making it a button press
and the game is fixed

it really is
there is only a few things they need to fix.

Rep: Was it Kinect SB you were referring to? I'm currently looking into it now, but I had no idea it was in a demo-able state.

Edit: Never mind, found. But the blockbuster Kinect game I'm waiting for is that Panzer Dragoon notquel.

Fuck yeah. If that's good I might actually buy a kinect (and child of Eden and gunstringer). I'm kind of glad they didn't make it ah official panzer dragoon game in case it sucks. But a rail shooter should work well with kinect.

the thing is with a few tweaks such as changing either the motion control to zoom in OR making it a button press
and the game is fixed

it really is
there is only a few things they need to fix.

From reading the thread it sounds like the game is the part not working. Like kinect is accurate enough to pick up what your doing but the game is just a piece of shit. I could be completely wrong on that though

Deeku

The test is on Korean pop culture. :p
:O

What's the course material? lol

OneMoreQuestion said:
You DON'T WANT IT?! But it's Yukiko... T_T
I don't know what to do with it. Most of time I get like japanese phone cards with preorders and I just throw them away, but a nice-ish place mat??? I'd feel bad for chucking it.

reptilescorpio said:
That back plate looks awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I need a Vita!
It's a front sticky screen protector thing, but protects the non-screen bits of the vita...so just a nice sticker! Hurry up and get married and get dat vita wedding present!

:O

What's the course material? lol

“Speed Scandal"
Korean University Culture lecture
K'Pop and discussion; Lecture on Korean Youth Culture
Korean Identity and Cyber Culture lecture
“Sunny”
Modern History and Sports Lecture
"Dongmakgol"
Lecture on the Korean War
International Relations
History Lecture
“My Sassy Girl”
North Korea lecture; Discuss "The Shower" by Hwang Sun Won

There aren't enough language courses to fill the major :p

Oh I know this! The theme song was rad.

Course sounds interesting and fun. And maybe a bludge? :p
It was super fun ^^ The lecturer was great, a young Korean guy who was very clearly a big nerd. To tell you how much of a bludge it was, the only non Koreans in my tute were me and a couple of Japanese folks. Ended up getting asked a lot of questions about growing up here.

maladroid

“Speed Scandal"
Korean University Culture lecture
K'Pop and discussion; Lecture on Korean Youth Culture
Korean Identity and Cyber Culture lecture
“Sunny”
Modern History and Sports Lecture
"Dongmakgol"
Lecture on the Korean War
International Relations
History Lecture
“My Sassy Girl”
North Korea lecture; Discuss "The Shower" by Hwang Sun Won

There aren't enough language courses to fill the major :p
RlPKQ.gif

???

maladroid

Could you actually see what I tried to ? :\

After my friend made me watch the Vengeance movies, Oldboy and The Chaser(? I can't remember, I could only stomach a bit of the start), I've kinda been put off Korean films..

Could you actually see what I tried to ? :

After my friend made me watch the Vengeance movies, Oldboy and The Chaser(? I can't remember, I could only stomach a bit of the start), I've kinda been put off Korean films..[/QUOTE]
Yeah I can see it.

Dongmakgol was the best of the films we saw, I think, but they were all decent. The man from nowhere was good too, but we didnt do that in the class.

I've been meaning to watch a bittersweet life, anyone know If that's good?

midonnay

A bittersweet life is probably my favourite korean movie ever

I liked The Yellow Sea too (it was directed by the guy who did the Chaser)

hey can i ask something? why does the OP say credit to smurfx? credit for what?
You're just a stand up guy.

I found out last night exactly what I'll be in for when we start mortgage repayments for the new house. It's nothing we can't handle now, but things will be very tight if we ever have to live on a single income for any length of time. Let's just say that I wouldn't be purchasing a Vita or Wii U for quite a while under that scenario.

I think I aged five years overnight just thinking about it. Freaking adulthood :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom