• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beer Deluxe is good as it's close to Flinders St, easy to find, has lots of seating (mostly outdoor though, so rug up - not a lot of other alternatives if it's raining) and also has a burger bar upstairs which, given AusGAF's propensity to burgers, is convenient. There's also Nandos across the road, or if you have some money MoVida Next Door (and they don't do reservations so you'll still have a chance to get in! Don't think they'd fit 10+ but if a few wanted a nice dinner after the meet it may work).

Anyone have some other suggestions which are easy to find, decent, have food nearby and are decent?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Beer Deluxe is good as it's close to Flinders St, easy to find, has lots of seating (mostly outdoor though, so rug up - not a lot of other alternatives if it's raining) and also has a burger bar upstairs which, given AusGAF's propensity to burgers, is convenient. There's also Nandos across the road, or if you have some money MoVida Next Door (and they don't do reservations so you'll still have a chance to get in! Don't think they'd fit 10+ but if a few wanted a nice dinner after the meet it may work).

Anyone have some other suggestions which are easy to find, decent, have food nearby and are decent?

thanks cods.

if some one wants to try something else let me know and or book it by tuesday, otherwise ill call up and reserve a table... ok no i wont i just realised im at a convention all week

some one book!

Clipper

Posting again for the new page... Here's all the upcoming AusGAF meetups. Post or PM the organisers if you want to come and aren't listed already...

MELBGAF
Date: Friday, 29th of June
Starting Time: 5PM
Venue: Beer DeLuxe
Organiser: Holycheck

Confirmed: HolyCheck (6pm), Bananaarnie, shanshan310, shaneus, Aonshix (5:30), Aniseed, Omi, jambo, codswallop, Remz
Probable: evlcookie, Lafiel, Agyar

BrisGAF
Date: Tuesday, 3rd of July
Starting Time: 5:30PM
Venue: Grill'd et al. (meet at Central)
Organiser: shanshan310

Confirmed: Kritz, Clipper, shanshan310, Marshmellow, Gazunta, viciouskillersquirrel + waifu, Rlan (6pm)
Probable: Fallbackpants, ClivePwned, CrazedProfessional, Bodyboarder, Salazar

Meet at 5:30pm at Central Station around the corner from the ticketing station (on the ATM side, not the news agents / Maccas side). There is a bench there across from the shoe repair / key cutter place that will sit several people comfortably that's hardly ever crowded. Transport info.

BrisGAF Board Games
Date: Wednesday, 4th of July
Starting Time: 6PM
Venue: Marshmellow's place, Toowong (probably)
Main game/s: Uncharted, Munchkin, Game of Thrones Second Edition (time permitting)
Organiser: Marshmellow

Confirmed: Marshmellow, Clipper, shanshan310
Possible: shanhshan's +1, Marsh's buddies

Plenty of space left here for other BrisGAF attendees.

SydGAF Board Games
Date: Saturday, 7th of July
Starting Time: 10AM to whenever
Venue: Clipper's place, Randwick (details via PM)
Main game/s: Game of Thrones Second Edition, Uncharted
Organiser: Clipper

Confirmed: Clipper, Jintor, Rahk
Probable: Danoss, Choc

There's room for 1 more, so indicate your interest fast if you want in![/QUOTE]

Yagharek

This sexism thread is still going. People seem to think that sexism is being demonised and that pitchforks are being loaded up to take down to the Arma 3 dev team.

Here's how I see it:
Sexism, racism, ageism etc happens. Everyone does it. Some people are aware of it and care, and try to change. Others dont know theyre doing it but mean no harm. Some are aware and mean it, and others dont know they do it and dont care.

If this mystery PR guy came out saying "Oops, sorry, didnt mean it" or "Wasnt thinking about it, sorry" I would assume that would be the end of the deal and people would learn something and move on with a bit more awareness.

But no.

Gaming side GAF wants evidence, sworn testimony, forensic analysis, fingerprints and a psych evaluation of the journalist before they even consider taking her account of events seriously.

Shaneus! Did you grab Steel Battalion? Seems to have been torn to shreds. Sounds like Lair part 2.

This sexism thread is still going. People seem to think that sexism is being demonised and that pitchforks are being loaded up to take down to the Arma 3 dev team.

Here's how I see it:
Sexism, racism, ageism etc happens. Everyone does it. Some people are aware of it and care, and try to change. Others dont know theyre doing it but mean no harm. Some are aware and mean it, and others dont know they do it and dont care.

If this mystery PR guy came out saying "Oops, sorry, didnt mean it" or "Wasnt thinking about it, sorry" I would assume that would be the end of the deal and people would learn something and move on with a bit more awareness.

But no.

Gaming side GAF wants evidence, sworn testimony, forensic analysis, fingerprints and a psych evaluation of the journalist before they even consider taking her account of events seriously.
A lot of people don't want to admit there could be a problem, or that they could be at fault, even subconsciously.

I'm waiting for someone to cry "reverse sexism".

pZLjI.png

wish it didn't have the text :(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
That must have been a decent size earthquake. All of us in steam chat, who are located around melb all felt it at the same time.

Websites are down, can't get any numbers :(

Deeku

i didn't feel it at all :(
Your new house must be shake proof!

Also, I always thought midonnay was from perth:/

Also also, that package I got yesterday turned out to be jpop. But I got another box today that was even bigger:eek: Reason being that my Persona 4 came with an a3 size anime place mat that I don't really want lol.

Game looks real sharp on dat oled, especially the intro movie and the 2d portraits.

maladroid

I have no idea how that scale works. It didn't feel that strong up north. The first time I felt one, I freaked out, and then I went downstairs to people having breakfast who told me if I wasn't laying in my bed, I wouldn't have even noticed. :\

Also, I always thought midonnay was from perth:/
Me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom