• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

1334172916_BOTTOM_9.jpg

Bought.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
hey can i ask something? why does the OP say credit to smurfx? credit for what?

I've been wondering this too. And who is the girl in the far right corner of the pic??

In other news, aaaah Korean oral. I'm going to die ;.;

I can't see how it can be saying anything except that HolyCheck thought you were the one that made that image.

lol the thanks to you was a joke in reference to this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448774&highlight=

bananafish made the banner for this thread, but i thought it would be amusing to give the props to you :p as he was annoyed in that thread about how many props you got over him lol.

and it's hex from good game

Clipper

Posting again for the new page (last time for a while, I promise)... Here's all the upcoming AusGAF meetups. Post or PM the organisers if you want to come and aren't listed already...

MelbGAF
Date: Friday, 29th of June
Starting Time: 5PM
Venue: Beer DeLuxe
Organiser: Holycheck

Confirmed: HolyCheck (6pm), Bananaarnie, shanshan310, Aonshix (5:30), Aniseed, Omi, jambo, codswallop, Remz, Shaneus
Probable: evlcookie, Lafiel, Agyar

BrisGAF
Date: Tuesday, 3rd of July
Starting Time: 5:30PM
Venue: Grill'd et al. (meet at Central)
Organiser: shanshan310

Confirmed: Kritz, Clipper, shanshan310, Marshmellow, Gazunta, viciouskillersquirrel + waifu, Rlan (6pm)
Probable: Fallbackpants, ClivePwned, CrazedProfessional, Bodyboarder, Salazar

Meet at 5:30pm at Central Station around the corner from the ticketing station (on the ATM side, not the news agents / Maccas side). There is a bench there across from the shoe repair / key cutter place that will sit several people comfortably that's hardly ever crowded. Transport info.

BrisGAF Board Games
Date: Wednesday, 4th of July
Starting Time: 6PM
Venue: Marshmellow's place, Toowong (probably)
Main game/s: Uncharted, Munchkin, Game of Thrones Second Edition (time permitting)
Organiser: Marshmellow

Confirmed: Marshmellow, Clipper, shanshan310
Possible: shanhshan's +1, Marsh's buddies

Plenty of space left here for other BrisGAF attendees.

SydGAF Board Games
Date: Saturday, 7th of July
Starting Time: 10AM to whenever
Venue: Clipper's place, Randwick (details via PM)
Main game/s: Game of Thrones Second Edition, Uncharted
Organiser: Clipper

Confirmed: Clipper, Jintor, Rahk
Probable: Danoss, Choc

There's room for 1 more, so indicate your interest fast if you want in!

Shaneus

I'm kinda gonna have to unconfirm myself for this Friday. It's my stupid Mum's crappy birthday dinner for jerks and I have to damn well go.

(My mum's actually pretty awesome, but sadly not awesome enough for a MelbGAF meetup :( )

Was looking forward to meeting 0mi and shan (and everyone else I haven't met), too. Bugger :/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm kinda gonna have to unconfirm myself for this Friday. It's my stupid Mum's crappy birthday dinner for jerks and I have to damn well go.

(My mum's actually pretty awesome, but sadly not awesome enough for a MelbGAF meetup :( )

Was looking forward to meeting 0mi and shan (and everyone else I haven't met), too. Bugger :/

Melbgaf is next friday, Not this one coming up.

Watching the Surface release yesterday, I noticed the lead designer of the hardware had his shirt tucked in, but half of it had come out. Sloppy! I thought.

No, half-tucking shirts is a thing. Wut. Wait, those pictures show the shirt tucked in sloppily to show a belt buckle, that's not that I mean.

This is:
summer+white+-+shirt.jpg

I reiterate: Wut.

Contemplating showing up to the MelGAF meet with half my shirt tucked in and the other half not.

Jintor

The bolded was all you needed to say.

Wow I'm glad thats over. My 10 minute interview ended up going for 40 minutes, but ill take that as a good sign.

Ahhhhhh interviews what was it for?

Yesterday my friend pretended she was a pikachu and my heart fucking exploded out of my chest.

senahorse

Visual Studio people, I have some questions.

I am looking at getting a copy of Visual Studio for myself (well when 2012 is released). I currently have membership to the msdn at a professional level with my current employer and so have access to use it for anything I do here (read, anything I do with it is owned by my employer at an IP level).

However my gf and I have a few things in mind that would not be related to our day jobs, nor do we want it to be. So because of this we want to get our own copies. For the interim we can use 2012 Ultimate RC, and even express if need be. But I believe express is missing a lot of features/tools, like profiling, load testing, UML Modelling etc.

So I went and looked at the pricing and basically crapped myself. To buy a copy of Ultimate you are looking at around $14,000 (no wonder some people pirate this...).

However professional is only $500, which loses a few features but 'may' be sufficient. To help we will be initially using this for C# and XAML but there will probably be a shift and at least partial use of C++ and possiblly even ASP.

So my question to any .NET programmers here, is, what version do you use, and do you find it sufficient for what you do (and what is that)? Also do you find the features of Ultimate that beneficial at a non-enterprise level?

Deeku

I think it looks fine, but I can't say I ever half untuck shirts. It's like an unnecessary coolification attempt. Like, akin to using a wallet chain or something.

Ahhhhhh interviews what was it for?

Yesterday my friend pretended she was a pikachu and my heart fucking exploded out of my chest.
:eek:

Explain lol

I am looking at getting a copy of Visual Studio for myself (well when 2012 is released). I currently have membership to the msdn at a professional level with my current employer and so have access to use it for anything I do here (read, anything I do with it is owned by my employer at an IP level).

However my gf and I have a few things in mind that would not be related to our day jobs, nor do we want it to be. So because of this we want to get our own copies. For the interim we can use 2012 Ultimate RC, and even express if need be. But I believe express is missing a lot of features/tools, like profiling, load testing, UML Modelling etc.

So I went and looked at the pricing and basically crapped myself. To buy a copy of Ultimate you are looking at around $14,000 (no wonder some people pirate this...).

However professional is only $500, which loses a few features but 'may' be sufficient. To help we will be initially using this for C# and XAML but there will probably be a shift and at least partial use of C++ and possiblly even ASP.

So my question to any .NET programmers here, is, what version do you use, and do you find it sufficient for what you do (and what is that)? Also do you find the features of Ultimate that beneficial at a non-enterprise level?

I used 2008 Prof and 2010 Ultimate through MSDNAA. I doubt you'd need the features of ultimate. Prof was good enough for me as a games and tool programmer, though you might be needing it for other stuff

Omikron

I use Visual Studio Premium both at work (and home) and have no issues with it at all and haven't had a need for Ultimate features. This is 2010 though, will look up 2012 feature list differences now.

Edit: Yeah I think you would be fine with Pro, unless you have a particular need for the testing / collaborative / diagnostics tools. -> http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/11/en-us/products/compare

senahorse

Thanks Omi/Mega,

Megadrive, games will be a nice aside for me (probably nothing more than hobbying), but it will primarily be for applications development.

Omi, the IP issue is certainly to do with the way things are structure in here. And it's actually worse than just using work's assets to create said IP. There is even a clause saying that anything we develop while we're even working here may be deemed as their property (irrespective of where/when/who we achieve it)...but that's a whole other story.

Sounds like pro will be sufficient in this case, and I think we will leave an upgrade to ultimate or even premium to the big 'if' we ever make any money, which is certainly not a key driver here.

Thanks again for your input, much appreciated :).

Omikron

Omi, the IP issue is certainly to do with the way things are structure in here. And it's actually worse than just using work's assets to create said IP. There is even a clause saying that anything we develop while we're even working here may be deemed as their property (irrespective of where/when/who we achieve it)...but that's a whole other story.

Arseholes :D

Also, have fun, I need to check out the preview of 2012. I have a love of XAML based on usage with WPF, so need to check out how that knowledge translates to Metro.

Jintor

Korean :D you done your Japanese one yet?

Yeah, but I have a written test on Monday. I should really get studying with that. えっと。。。たのしいコンピューターガームをあそびますから、べんきょうしません。。。 I think.

In a "omg, it's too cute!>< " way?

:eek:

Explain lol

She put her hands up to her head and started waggling them around like pika-ears ;___;

i died

Yeah, but I have a written test on Monday. I should really get studying with that. &#12360;&#12387;&#12392;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12383;&#12398;&#12375;&#12356;&#12467;&#12531;&#12500;&#12517;&#12540;&#12479;&#12540;&#12460;&#12540;&#12512;&#12434;&#12354;&#12381;&#12403;&#12414;&#12377;&#12363;&#12425;&#12289;&#12409;&#12435;&#12365;&#12423;&#12358;&#12375;&#12414;&#12379;&#12435;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290; I think.
&#12354;&#12383;&#12375;&#12418;&#12381;&#12358;&#12391;&#12377; ww
You gonna start on kanji next semester?

She put her hands up to her head and started waggling them around like pika-ears ;___;

i died
Uguu.

Choc

Banned
i've been playing aroudn with the VS 2012 RC and Microsoft has really stuffed some things up with Metro

remember how with usual VS and also Windows phone you can build the UI and then code around it, so you use designer to make the UI and then insert the code

not anymore. Like Apple you code the UI within code and then move it around in designer

im surprised MS went down that path. It makes it a lot easier for people to get into and its something that Apple devs generally do not like but put up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom