• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

New Nintendo Direct tomorrow at a convenient time slot. Time to get hyped for more Non-Specific Action Figure!

ndtimes1206.png

Choc

Banned
Not criticising your choice jambo but what do you like about WP7/8 over IOS and Android

what do you see as the advantages?

Yagharek

Not criticising your choice jambo but what do you like about WP7/8 over IOS and Android

what do you see as the advantages?

The Metro UI is actually really fucking good. As much as I bitch about wp7, the problem is not the OS. Its the hardware and support and HTC shitty build quality I dislike.

Navigation is perfect though.

jambo

I just love the interface, metro just looks fantastic. And I hardly use apps on my iPhone any more, so I don't care that there are less on their store.

Plus I won't have to use iTunes to put music on it any more, thank fuck. That's definitely an advantage.

If Nokia put out another phone that's as good as the Lumia 800/900 for WP8, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just love the interface, metro just looks fantastic. And I hardly use apps on my iPhone any more, so I don't care that there are less on their store.

Plus I won't have to use iTunes to put music on it any more, thank fuck. That's definitely an advantage.

If Nokia put out another phone that's as good as the Lumia 800/900 for WP8, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

does anyone* still use 'traditional' plug and transfer iTunes now? it's all Spotify or iTunes Match.

*tech savvy 'anyone'

jambo

does anyone* still use 'traditional' plug and transfer iTunes now? it's all Spotify or iTunes Match.

*tech savvy 'anyone'

I don't use iTunes or Spotify.

I still buy albums or download electronic podcasts and live sets.

I have a huge music folder with everything sorted in to Artist -> Album -> *files*

Tagged by hand.

Dead Man

I have a huge music folder with everything sorted in to Artist -> Album -> *files*

Tagged by hand.

Not tagged by hand, but other than that I am the same. My CD collection has gotten stupid, I just strip the cases and keep everything in folders now.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

Tagged by hand.

Yep I'm the same. I have to use iTunes to add all my music to my iPhone. I could do it via foobar and a plugin but once in a while it just shits itself.

I don't use spotify since I can't really see the purpose in it. I have no idea what iTunes match is so no on that one.

People don't just use drag and drop?

Can't drag and drop on iOS. That's probably the biggest downfall of such a closed system and why I would love to use an android or W8 phone.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm guessing he means dragging and dropping in iTunes. This still works for me with an iPad 3 and whatever the latest iTunes is. I don't even have a "library" in iTunes, never have.

Oh yea for sure. I thought he meant drag straight onto the device from explorer.

I still have a library though in iTunes.

For those playing driver Friday night make sure you do the online tutorials since it unlocks some dumb shit like boost!

For those playing driver Friday night make sure you do the online tutorials since it unlocks some dumb shit like boost!
I didn't know there was a Friday thing, but has anyone else had a problem where after an hour it just starts chugging for no reason? It was running pretty smooth at 1920x1200 on high, but it suddenly started chugging during a mission and just kept getting worse. I quit to the menu to bump it to 1280x800 low to test and it still chugged. Really odd.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I didn't know there was a Friday thing, but has anyone else had a problem where after an hour it just starts chugging for no reason? It was running pretty smooth at 1920x1200 on high, but it suddenly started chugging during a mission and just kept getting worse. I quit to the menu to bump it to 1280x800 low to test and it still chugged. Really odd.

I think x3n wanted to try and play it on friday night, That's about as official as ausgaf game nights get.

I haven't had any issues with driver so far. It's been running really well. I might play it for a little bit tonight and see if I run into any similar issues.

What the hell is this strange pokemon vs conquest game.

Is that like dynasty warriors in srpg form?

It's a crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition, a SRPG series about the unification of feudal Japan. Only now with Pokemon! So I guess it's like the unification of feudal Kanto or something?

So yeah, it's like Dynasty Warriors if it was a strategy RPG and set some 1300 years later and in Japan instead of China.

Yagharek

It's a crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition, a SRPG series about the unification of feudal Japan. Only now with Pokemon! So I guess it's like the unification of feudal Kanto or something?

So yeah, it's like Dynasty Warriors if it was a strategy RPG and set some 1300 years later and in Japan instead of China.

Ahh so its samurai warriors instead.

Does anyone want a PCI wireless card? 300MBps, bought it new off eBay for my brother but his motherboard doesn't even have a pci slot. Anyway, $20.

You guys are playing Driver??

:O That sounds so good!

Cost of housing grew faster than earnings! Yay!

No surprises there =/

Yagharek

So looking at the recent E3, media create sales (vita has a pulse) of P4 and whatnot, it completely confounds me as to why portables dont seem to get much attention in the west.

They sell well enough like DS did, and although 3ds/vita are yet to get a big title like nintendogs/braintraining/gta stories, they are still doing alright.

Meanwhile home consoles seem to be in the end-gen doldrums, with very few big new games coming out and sales dropping off a cliff.

I wonder if western devs will ever support handhelds?

At the moment it seems that outside of nintendo and atlus, the only other people working on them are "2nd tier" studios on vita and ubisoftz gamez.

It's such a woefully undertapped market. There is no reason why, with proper support from everywhere, that DS/PSP couldnt have both reached 150M or even 200M, and their successors would already be well on the way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom