• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Furthermore, you should all know that official Spice Girl rankings are as follows:

Baby
Sporty
Ginger
Scary
Posh

I feel this deserves the top of the new page.

GreenManGaming giving away Commandos 3 for freeeee! Grab it anyway in case it is worth some money to trade back like last time.

Also Soul Reaver 2 on GOG new release!

Was with you till this.
pmT23.gif

Furthermore, you should all know that official Spice Girl rankings are as follows:

Baby
Sporty
Ginger
Scary
Posh

I feel this deserves the top of the new page.

We already had this thread dude.

Everyone agrees:
Baby/Ginger IN THE PAST
P1vHk.jpg

Scary/Baby IN THE PREEEEEEESENT
melb

Although Ginger has aged well too
OjI8D.jpg

Mel C was the only one whose career I followed after Spice Girls, even if it was just for the one album. Was never really a fair competition though given that she had Left Eye from TLC on one of her singles.

Shaneus

Yessssss.
Pool of Radiance along with Pool of Darkness. Also Descent to Undermountain, ToEE and Planescape Torment consumed me along with Baldurs Gate of course. Shadow Over Mystara import was awesome fun back when my neighbour could talk his family into spending obscene amounts of money on Sega shit.
<3 I also played Hillsfar when I couldn't be fucked with a "traditional" AD&D game. Horse riding was dope.

Going on from your music thing, I managed to go on and on in a link-following frenzy until I came across this. Now it gets stuck inside YOUR head. Glad to know that the guy behind the SoR music did that, too. I knew it was awesome at the time.

Also, you get the free game on GMG?
Edit: You did. D'oeth.

SHAKE IT TO THE LEFT AND SHAKE IT TO THE RIGHT

woo unjammy lammy
If that reminds you of something that ISN'T the Viva Pinata TV show, you're doing it wrong.

Am I right, Gaz?

And on that note... HOLY SHITBALLS A FAN-MADE SEQUEL TO STAR CONTROL 2 (ie starcon2.exe) THAT LOOKS AWESOME. Note: The guy I saw who posted it mentioned he wished he waited to play the finished product rather than jump in now, but it can't hurt to have a peek... can it?

I get the impression Peter Moore knows what's what with the games industry, despite being the EA guy, so it's interesting he says mid-tier games are "no longer profitable" (which is the opposite of a lot if AusGAFers think, me included). I realise he has shareholders to please, but I get this feeling the big guys are not going to change from their current heading of chasing the trillion seller.

<3 I also played Hillsfar when I couldn't be fucked with a "traditional" AD&D game. Horse riding was dope.
Oh man, I loved Hillsfar on C64 SO MUCH.

Yagharek

Going on from your music thing, I managed to go on and on in a link-following frenzy until I came across this. Now it gets stuck inside YOUR head. Glad to know that the guy behind the SoR music did that, too. I knew it was awesome at the time.

If you ask me, the greatest musical invention after the synthesizer was the Sega MegaDrive.

I get the impression Peter Moore knows what's what with the games industry, despite being the EA guy, so it's interesting he says mid-tier games are "no longer profitable" (which is the opposite of a lot if AusGAFers think, me included). I realise he has shareholders to please, but I get this feeling the big guys are not going to change from their current heading of chasing the trillion seller.

The guy oversaw the downfall of Sega USA and thought XBox 360s didn't break. He knows nothing, so this prediction probably won't come to pass.

hamchan

I started reading Ultimates. What. the crap. That whole series is so messed up. All the characters are so messed up. Especially hulk and giant man.

Love that series so much. Ultimates and Ultimate 2 are so great. Too bad Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum ruined the entire universe.

Shaneus

So where does one buy those cool knitted mittens with the convertible flap for your girlfriend?
There's a specific name for them. I can't remember what that name was, though. Sorry :(

If you ask me, the greatest musical invention after the synthesizer was the Sega MegaDrive.
I'm inclined to believe you on that (hyperbole notwithstanding). In those SNES vs MD music threads, I often read (either in the threads themselves or on further investigation) that the MD was closer to being an "instrument" because it was an actual synthesizer, whereas the SNES was forced to rely on wavetable (which to me, always sounded far less warm and a lot more clinical, tinny and uninviting). The MD, with all it's limitations, pushed developers to think outside the box and get creative with their composing (or just be plain old lazy... there were some shockers on there).

BTW It's all about Mel B now (and to a lesser extent, Geri... but she's had less media exposure now so it's hard to say) but back then... allll Geri. Only because of the "Extra"-style nudie shots she did.

Jintor

I'll help the only way I know how: by suggesting you read some Sensational She-Hulk and the Palmiotti/Gray/Conner run of Power Girl.

Batman and X-Men comics are the good ones in a sea of crap. So no, don't stop, read on forever!

Oh god, you're so right. I'll spend ALL the money!

I started reading Ultimates. What. the crap. That whole series is so messed up. All the characters are so messed up. Especially hulk and giant man.

lol don't read ultimates

MAN I forgot X-23 was a canon immigrant from X-Men Evolution. Fuck, so awesome. Just like Harley.

Kritz and (mostly) I made this thing: http://megadrive.github.com/flxZelda/ (html file with embedded swf)

Kritz did the (admittedly pretty cool) movent and I wrote the other shit. Written in AS3 with the Flixel library. Sprites are ripped from Link's Awakening DX. Code is here if you're interested: https://github.com/megadrive/flxZelda/

edit: Levels were made using Ogmo the map editor. The *.oep file in assets is the project file. *.oel is the level files. Dungeon02 isnt used yet. I made the base shit yesterday/Tuesday and Kritz made the movement just tonight and made his first foray into version control! :squee:

also he's bad at naming variables and functions

Jintor

I really like X-23, but goddamn Marvel animated shows are so shit compared to DC animated shows. (Exceptions for Spectacular Spider-man and possibly Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So i'm thinking of trying to cook some thai deli style chicken/pork/beef/somesortameat fried rice tonight OR maybe trying to cook some amazing burger.

Does anyone have excellent recipes for either of the above?

I had pasta last night and while I could cook something like meat and chips, I figured I would try something different. So i'm torn on what to cook for a single person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom