• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
there are two reasons for this Shan

1157_980.jpg

but mainly

220px-Tony_Abbott_-_2010.jpg

and his continuous talking down of our economy and that the sky will fall when Carbon pricing comes in.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I haven't seen any mid year sale advertisement either, I'm not really paying attention though since I don't listen to the radio or watch local TV.

Maybe I will have to check out some of these sales, I could go some new clothing along with socks and jocks!

Must find cookie monster slippers though.

Fred, I heard you want a new monitor - 25% Off Dell U2711 Monitor — $674, order code T14U2711WAU - You should buy it. Yea, you should. Maybe. Yes.

Fredescu

Fred, I heard you want a new monitor - 25% Off Dell U2711 Monitor — $674, order code T14U2711WAU - You should buy it. Yea, you should. Maybe. Yes.
I saw that sale. I don't need a new monitor and I won't even lust for one until there are 16:10 120Hz IPS panels for decent prices.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I saw that sale. I don't need a new monitor and I won't even lust for one until there are 16:10 120Hz IPS panels for decent prices.

Yea, Same here. Thought I would just pull your chain :D

I wonder how long it will be until we see some IPS 3D monitors or will they skip over IPS and try and push out OLED instead at an insane price?

commissar

Check out the 27" IPS monitors coming out of Korea, as some can be overclocked to 100hz reliably, with others up to 120hz.

Depends on the circuit revision (these are being reverse engineered atm) but a 27" 2560x1440 IPS at 120hz sounds horribly expensive to run games at fantastic.

120hz.net has info, also there's a huge thread over at OCN for people doing group buys and impressions. I think it's the 2B revision of the Shimian Catleap or something. There's another one with more inputs but more input lag as well.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Check out the 27" IPS monitors coming out of Korea, as some can be overclocked to 100hz reliably, with others up to 120hz.

Depends on the circuit revision (these are being reverse engineered atm) but a 27" 2560x1440 IPS at 120hz sounds horribly expensive to run games at fantastic.

120hz.net has info, also there's a huge thread over at OCN for people doing group buys and impressions. I think it's the 2B revision of the Shimian Catleap or something. There's another one with more inputs but more input lag as well.

Yep. I remember reading about those. There's a review of one even over at anandtech.

I actually haven't heard of them hitting 120hz though, That must be new since I last checked.

It's all from ebay or something I believe now. Hopefully there's a more stable way to buy those monitors. Maybe if I ever visit I can buy 3 and bring them back D:

Jintor

I was thinking of working out the amount of reblogged/reaggregated content over a bunch of major gaming websites over the next month or so. Anybody interested and know something about stats or methodology? Because I haven't a clue.

Choc

Banned
I was thinking of working out the amount of reblogged/reaggregated content over a bunch of major gaming websites over the next month or so. Anybody interested and know something about stats or methodology? Because I haven't a clue.

i've been running a tally of street broken dates in the first 6 months of this year, i will do it for hte next 6 months

my theory i wish to prove is that in Q4 streetbreaks are rife, but other time its not

so i want to ask the retailers WHY in Q4 they are so bad at it

edit: Apples final fine is 2.55 million

Speaking of sales, go out and look at the end of financial year ones! I ended up getting some really cheap clothes. BUT NO ONE WAS THERE. The whole shopping centre was like a ghost town. No one's buying anything, and its kinda scary.

Shan/Clipper have both been PM'd with details for my place.
If anyone else is coming board gaming let me know so i can send them to you as well.

Yagharek

I just had the weirdest dream.

I was in Greece watching a football match live, and there was a billboard on the boundary line fence behind the goals advertising Max Payne 1 because they were so poor they only had PS2s in the country.

And then I argued with someone about uncharted and syphon filter having weird subtitle names.

Choc

Banned

I was in Greece watching a football match live, and there was a billboard on the boundary line fence behind the goals advertising Max Payne 1 because they were so poor they only had PS2s in the country.

And then I argued with someone about uncharted and syphon filter having weird subtitle names.

lol

edit: Telstras thing needs to catch up a bit. How the fuck does it not have the new missy higgins album? She is an AUSTRALIAN artist

Dead Man

Incredible. Its kind of amusing how the Zelda one looks least convincing to me even though its already in some kind of medieval style, yet others fit in perfectly.

The Star Fox one is particularly amazing, and proves that we need a Falcon game in that art style now. Maybe with Samus too.

Yeah, the Starfox one wasn't done when I made the thread, it is epic.

Indigo Prophecy is only $2.40 on GOG. Also I already own Serious Sam TSE so vote for Postal 2! Was entertaining and shit but totally worth another playthrough.

being unmetered makes me want to try it over spotify

unmetered is huge for mobile
Yup, makes moving back to Telstra a lot more of a juicy offer.

If they are only just getting Max Payne should you have been talking out Jak & Daxter getting a weird subtitle?

Maybe Greece could swap some food stamps for another PS2 FIFA.

Is Postal 2 actually a good game? What's it like?
It is really strange. Almost like a FPAdventure game that happens to allow you to shoot and piss on everything. It has insane stuff going on all the time, like Gary Coleman and protesters everywhere, but has a pretty cool open world for the time. It feels like a B-grade game but is surprisingly fun. I really do recommend giving it a shot for $4 tomorrow.

It has both depth and no depth at the same time. It is a contradiction in itself. You keep playing mainly to see what could possibly happen next. Also you put a cat on your M4 to function as a silencer.

Shaneus

Telstra has just launched a spotify style service thats unmetered on telstra

shiiiiit
On mobile? Even prepaid? Damnnnn if so. Would be enough to bring me back over to their prepaid (though with how shit Optus have been, I wouldn't have been far off anyway).

senahorse

Does anyone know a good site or knowledge base regarding licensing/royalties of stock imagery say for video game and cartoon artwork, I am talking about artwork created by the IP holder not fan-art?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The DOTA2 patch is now out. Oooh shit.

I might use voice chat tomorrow night if we actually get around to playing driver. No one will be home so woo.

Side note. Anyone have a good website or even an iOS app that will let me throw down ingredients and it throws back some recipes? I gotta cook dinner tomorrow night so i'm thinking of trying something out of the ordinary.

The DOTA2 patch is now out. Oooh shit.

I might use voice chat tomorrow night if we actually get around to playing driver. No one will be home so woo.

Side note. Anyone have a good website or even an iOS app that will let me throw down ingredients and it throws back some recipes? I gotta cook dinner tomorrow night so i'm thinking of trying something out of the ordinary.

Sweet. Dotas!

also laughs enjoy ausgaf :D

Aon

HMMMM

So MOG is bandwidth free streaming but the android app is shit. Spotify has a great app but aint free bandwidth...

First world ass problems all up in here.

Does anyone know a good site or knowledge base regarding licensing/royalties of stock imagery say for video game and cartoon artwork, I am talking about artwork created by the IP holder not fan-art?

gettyimages, istockphoto, photodune.net (the last one could be a lot cheaper)
they all have faq's about how it works.

or generic info on licensing another image to use? exy and not fun. Like open source licensing, there's a hell of a lot of mis-information on the internet.

If someone tells you you can take any image and alter it by some arbitrary 30% without licensing the base image, they are speaking out of their assholes.

HMMMM

So MOG is bandwidth free streaming but the android app is shit. Spotify has a great app but aint free bandwidth...

First world ass problems all up in here.

lol, that reminds me. Does anyone know how to check how much free bandwidth I have left for each month? Last time I went to Melbourne I ended up spending $100 checking stuff on my phone :s

senahorse

gettyimages, istockphoto, photodune.net (the last one could be a lot cheaper)
they all have faq's about how it works.

or generic info on licensing another image to use? exy and not fun. Like open source licensing, there's a hell of a lot of mis-information on the internet.

If someone tells you you can take any image and alter it by some arbitrary 30% without licensing the base image, they are speaking out of their assholes.

Thanks for the advice. Though I am looking for some of the bigger IP's. E.g. Simpsons, Disney, Capcom etc. I assume you may have to work out agreements with owners of this property rather than a site like gettyimages?

Thanks for the advice. Though I am looking for some of the bigger IP's. E.g. Simpsons, Disney, Capcom etc. I assume you may have to work out agreements with owners of this property rather than a site like gettyimages?

yes. Not easy without an entertainment lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom