• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh damn. Food.com is amazing. You can change the serving sizes so it modifies the amount of crap you need. AWESOME!

Now I just need to find something to cook and maybe hit up coles before I get home to pick stuf up.

Otherwise it's cheese on toast.

hamchan

Since we are talking about Final Fantasy VII I feel it should be something related to that. Maybe something about sequelitis or remakes, dunno. Either way the number should be in Roman numerals this time.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Taste doesn't let you shrink down the ingredients depending on how many people you want to serve. Food does that and it's totally useful, maybe.

I might also make some chocolate chip muffins because why the fuck not? Now I only need to figure out what the heck I'm actually cooking for dinner.

I can't be arsed working today now, Gotta find stuff to cook.

So i'm thinking of trying to cook some thai deli style chicken/pork/beef/somesortameat fried rice tonight OR maybe trying to cook some amazing burger.
Amazing burgers are easy if you have a meat grinder. Otherwise, fried rice is pretty easy, especially if you have a rice cooker.

Taste doesn't let you shrink down the ingredients depending on how many people you want to serve. Food does that and it's totally useful, maybe.

I might also make some chocolate chip muffins because why the fuck not? Now I only need to figure out what the heck I'm actually cooking for dinner.

I can't be arsed working today now, Gotta find stuff to cook.

get that cooking DS game rep posted!

Rezbit

No offense to the QLD posters here because I love all you guys...but when are we cutting QLD off from the rest of Australia, Bugs Bunny Florida style? Seriously wtf is your government doing?

Oh yeah! Cooking games with shopping lists for Cookie! Haven't used them though :/
Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What to Eat? DS - $19 or $4 preowned from EB!
Jamie Oliver Whats Cooking? Game DS - $15

No offense to the QLD posters here because I love all you guys...but when are we cutting QLD off from the rest of Australia, Bugs Bunny Florida style? Seriously wtf is your government doing?

Has Campbell knocked off those 20,000 public service jobs he was talking about the other day?

hamchan

I didn't know what you were talking about so I had to go to the QLD version of SMH.

The Queensland government will ban single people and same-sex couples from having a child through surrogacy, in a bombshell move announced during a fiery overnight debate on watering down same-sex civil unions.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ion-changes-20120621-20q9j.html#ixzz1yTR8AcUn

:-/
wtf QLD government.

Salazar

Qld elected a little right-wing cockend who actually wants to be Joh #2.

Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie announced about 10.20pm that the government would introduce in the future a bill to reshape the altruistic surrogacy law.

Timed so it would be too late for the papers and on the same day as an asylum seeker tragedy and the census.

Choc

Banned
get that cooking DS game rep posted!

totally taught me to cook, its awesome

I TOLD YOU YOU WOULD REGRET CAMPBELL QLD

edit: ok guys i want to make churros but have never created a deep fryer in a saucepan before with vegetable oil and am worried about setting my house on fire

6cm of oil seems like a lot to boil at 180 degrees

halp!

Might not be able to make MelGAF, because more tickets for this have been released, and I am going.

Also Choc, I've made churros before and other stuff with hot oil (IIRC something I made last year needed it to be at 230 or 260 and there was no problems). As Omi says, a candy thermometer is really useful for that sort of stuff.

Cookie, you can use pre-ground beef -- just go to a butcher tonight and ask him to grind it for you. About 110-125g per burger is fine. Maybe get 1/3 sirloin/porterhouse and the other 2/3 rump. So for two burgers, 250g of meat, with maybe 200g rump and 50 sirloin. It's just that the best ground meat is the stuff you grind yourself just before using it, pre-ground is still fine if you can't.

Choc

Banned
Legend are you going to Swans vs Geelong

i am considering it

edit: Delta dating the host of The Voice.

he was once in Brian Mcfaddens band

lulz

Omikron

Queensland politics really is a fucking goldmine atm...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/women-their-own-worst-enemy-odwyer-20120622-20ryh.html

The Liberal National Party's former state secretary says women need to change their attitudes if they want to be taken seriously in politics.

Michael O'Dwyer made the comments during a Queensland University of Technology seminar about campaign strategies used during the state election campaign, which gave his party a landslide win.

But most questions asked by the audience centred around why there was a lack of gender and multicultural diversity in Queensland politics.

Mr O'Dwyer said the LNP had mainly male candidates because they were chosen on merit rather than a gender quota system.

He said women were often their own worst enemy when it came to politics because they were more concerned about what shoes leaders wore than what their policies and issues were.

"So something, I'm sorry ladies, needs to be done from your perspective to try to build women up to look and sound like leaders and talk about the attributes of a female being a leader rather than talking about their appearance," he told the crowd about 100 people.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
We barely have rice so no major need for a rice cooker.

I have no idea if we actually have a meat grinder. I mean we have a blender, I can totally use that!

Will continue to look for food ideas during lunch. I get the feeling it might just be too much trouble since I need to drop off at the shops before heading home.

Ah tickets for schafer. I wonder if anyone is going to turn up now to melbgaf D:

Choc

Banned
jambo apparently the only 7.5 phones that will get 8 for free are teh Nokias

fuck Microsoft loves nokia lulz

hang on the news says not? but the product mgr in that vid says yes

wat?

edit: ohhhhhh

"We have a lot of exciting capabilities coming as part of a pattern of updates for the existing Lumia products. This includes some of the most significant visual elements of WP8 – for example, the new start screen. As we have always been, Nokia is committed to delivering a long term experience to any purchasers of our products."

so the lumias get the new tiles and screens, not so bad i guess.

jambo

Afaik no 7/7.5 phones are getting 8, only new hardware later this year.

There's a 7.8 update coming for 7.5 users that adds the new Start Screen and a handful of other features.

Seriously Newman, WTF? The ACL are not your friends. Mandatory voting means that anyone under 35 is going to turn on you and it will bite your arse in the next election.

WHERE ARE MY F*CKING INFRASTRUCTURE UPGRADES?

OK, New plan - we let everywhere north of Hervey Bay secede and form their own state. They can call it Johland and have their own timezone and everything.

Yagharek

Heroes of Ruin first impressions

1. Fuck me there are a lot of "Do you want to enable _____" questions at the start
2. The game is built for streetpass/online and it makes you know it. Good move.
3. 4 standard character classes. Wizard, gunman, ogre and King from Tekken
4. Framerate in game is a bit on the low side but not a dealbreaker at all
5. Story is window dressing and they know it

Gameplay:
Simple, flowing and fun. First level is like the Mines of Moria and Pirates of the Carribean theme. Small enemy crabs and little goblins and crab people. Combat consists of slash, slash, slash, block. Then you get to the boss room at the end and you have to run around stunning the crab people or else the goblins fuck your kneecaps.

Oh, and youre picking up new weapons and armour and whatnot all the way through and you have stats to look at like in FFVII and you continually upgrade them.

My character is a giant cat named Bob.

First impression score: 4/5 (i.e happy with the start so far, looks promising).

Fluoride in drinking water is the only reason I still have teeth.

Might not be able to make MelGAF, because more tickets for this have been released, and I am going.
OH FUCK GOTTA CANCEL BUCKS NIGHT TOMORROW AND RESCHEDULE IT FOR NEXT WEEKEND WITH TIM.

Not going to be able to swing it money-wise this close to the wedding, already paid for stuff for tomorrow and another $60 worth of travel to Melbourne next weekend won't fly.

:(

Old? Thought I remember hearing about it on Hack like a month or more ago.

Choc

Banned
yeah fred i know

and 180 is what i want :) not boiling

but i want to be confident before i start i will have a clear indication this shits gonna hit the fan so i can do something about it BEFORE it hits the fan

jsut being paranoid

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Tempted to go to that schafer thing as well now. It could be interesting, Then maybe hit up the beer joint after it for an hr or so.

Hrm.

Yagharek

yeah fred i know

and 180 is what i want :) not boiling

but i want to be confident before i start i will have a clear indication this shits gonna hit the fan so i can do something about it BEFORE it hits the fan

jsut being paranoid

Alas poor Choc, we hardly knew ye ....

Queensland gets one along with Daylight Savings Time. Johland keep the old system and Queensland keeps the hookers and Blackjack.

A senate would be awesome but daylight savings can suck it.

Someone needs to put fluoride in their drinking water. Its absence has left many people to go crazy.

There's been fluoride in most places for 4 years now. A higher percentage of the population will have fluoridated by the end of the year than everywhere but the ACT.

But yes, the LNP is showing its true colours now. Goodbye to the next four years Queensland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom