• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS I'M FREEEEEEEE.
now for some holiday revision!
oh dear. I imagine it would be less of a problem If the papers didn't focus on appearance of female politicians so much, but holy crap at that stereotyping. Maybe men would be better politicians If they didn't think about cars/rugby so much.
QLD really has gone back in time 30 years like i predicted

GET OUT NOW WHILST YOU CAN SHAN
I'm just hoping I can finish my degree before they declare only men can get higher education.
no i know

but apparently it doesn't boil at 180
im trying to not start a fire
can you buy a deep fryer? Shouldn't cost more than $60 and it'd be significantly safer.

Is Friday turning into a bad night for the meetup? Cause I'm free Thursday - Saturday.

yeah now that i realised its 100 bucks for a fryer im buyign one
You really don't need a fryer, just wastes bench space. Get a candy thermometer and use a deep frying pan or a wok, you'll be fine. And saving money!

Is Friday turning into a bad night for the meetup? Cause I'm free Thursday - Saturday.
Saturday is probably fine for me, except of course we may be going to Comic Con (and I know Jambo is, but maybe not all day?), Friday was good for those who work in the city. I don't though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I doubt friday night is a bad time. It still looks like there should be 10 people or so who will turn up. That's more than enough I would have thought unless you all decide to change it to another day.

Choc

Banned
uh what

"12:09: Next, Dragon Quest X!

The first 20 hours play time will be free. They will also have a free Kids Time period. These were already announced I believe."

Shaneus

Might not be able to make MelGAF, because more tickets for this have been released, and I am going.
Fuck, thanks for letting me know! Off to get some, too. And I'll be in the same boat.

Edit: FUUUUUUCK. FUCKING FUCK.

That's the only one I wanted to go to, too :( ARGH. So pissed off right now.

mandiller

Just a heads up. Target is selling the DSi XL for $139 at the moment. I just picked one up. So awesome:

7hEsc.jpg

cGegL.jpg

AVScd.jpg

Choc

Banned
so remember when Bombcast said Nintendo is turning into Apple

its so fucking true

they just announced a 2 3DS games due in the next 3 weeks!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
3DS worth it at 169? I mean there was the little story about them probably not doing a revision for the 2nd thumb thingy majig, so waiting out is probably pointless.

Or is it cheaper to just import one from the states? I can't see a need for one but hey, why the fuck not.

Yagharek

3DS worth it at 169? I mean there was the little story about them probably not doing a revision for the 2nd thumb thingy majig, so waiting out is probably pointless.

Or is it cheaper to just import one from the states? I can't see a need for one but hey, why the fuck not.

I think it was worth it for the launch price (which in retrospect netted me 20 free ambassador games, ghost recon, excitebike and 4 swords for free).

$169 locally is a steal considering it will be less hassle with Club Nintendo and warranty stuff. Plus plenty of bomba sales on 3DS games lately! $7 for Ghost Recon XCOM! Also a bunch at $28 at EBGames.

Yagharek

Ghost Recon is seriously one of the best games released last year. It's like a happy medium between Advance Wars and Fire Emblem in terms of consequence (character dies, redo the level) but it plays differently enough to warrant an instabuy.

Spamming knife kills with the ghost character is a bit cheap though >.>

Choc

Banned
I think Nintendo has just stopped giving a shit about E3 and is pouring everything into Nintendo Direct

its not the worst move in teh world you know, at all.

edit: so remember when Nikkei said a bigger 3DS is coming

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER.

AND YOU DIDNT HAVE THIS @ E3 BECAUSE?

if there was ever proof E3 is losing relevance, this it it.

and Nintendo announces DLC before a game is done! Welcome to everyone being FUCKED according to vince ;)

"12:32: First, New Super Mario Bros. 2. Iwata shares a trailer.

Nintendo had some celebrities try out the game's Coin Rush mode. This will be available for viewing later.

Coin Rush mode will have paid download stages following release"

edit: ANIMAL CROSSSSSSSSSSSING

FUCK NINTENDO FUCK. E3 could have been owned.

Yagharek

Only two games have used it so far and made it a necessity. Metal Gear and Kid Icarus.

Its not really needed for Revelaitons imo.

But without it, icarus is unplayable for lefties and mgs3 really needs aiming via 2nd analog.

I'll get one since larger form factor will be more comfy, but no 2nd stick is an oversight.

Also, unsurprising. Bought 3DS at launch knowing it was safe to transfer over to an inevitable revision. Now we know ...

Yagharek

I literally was 2 seconds away from picking up the keys, going out to the shops and picking up a DSi XL maybe 15 minutes ago. The only thing stopping me was I was waiting to get a coffee and I had only recently had a cup of tea.

Had I done that, I would have missed the 3DS LL announcement by ten minutes, come back home with a new one and seen this news.

Shaneus

That yellow DSi XL looks kinda boss. Thankfully I know that if I buy it, it'll get as much use as my regular DS-lite gets now.

That'd be fuck all, folks.

Also, while I'm here I'll put out feelers for anyone who might have spare tickets to Schafer's talk next Friday in Melbourne. Perhaps someone's bought one for a friend who can't go, or can't go themselves? I'm your guy!

Choc

Banned
oh wow

US and Europe directs as well

NINTENDO FUCKING WINS

:O

I AM BACK ON BOARD. Also expect Sony and MS to start this shit.

Omikron

Also, while I'm here I'll put out feelers for anyone who might have spare tickets to Schafer's talk next Friday in Melbourne. Perhaps someone's bought one for a friend who can't go, or can't go themselves? I'm your guy!

Come to MelbGAF and be bitter together.

Choc

Banned
its a global event.......

i know the US media dont get that at all, but its a global event.

the cameras were on them worldwide, and they didnt drop any of these bombs.

Shaneus

Come to MelbGAF and be bitter together.
Melbourne bitter?

Edit: I'm with you, Choc. I don't know the circumstances as to why all this info's coming out now, but hopefully Nintendo cop shit for this. No way none of this wasn't ready when E3 was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom