• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Choc, nintendo have been doing this for ~18 months.

You know why everyone is shitty with Sony about The Last Guardian? Because they announced it 5 years ago.

Nintendo have adopted a policy of not announcing games until theyre less than 6 months away, or thereabouts. On top of that, they seem to announce them in an environment where no focus can be taken away from them. Thats why they announced MH 3DS on the eve of Vita's launch announcement.

I'll even go so far as to say the reason Retros game wasn't at E3 was because it will be unveiled right when PS4/720 are. And it will be stunning. That's my bet, anyway.

Choc

Banned
this could be the future of video game announcements.

It costs fuck all, and is giving them the opportunity to drop bombs without otherse doing it @ the same time

edit: yeah vince like i said, nintendo has turned into apple.

but surely the 3DS LL should have been at E3. Nikkei got it right and Nintendo flat out denied it when it leaked.

jambo

US BOMB #1

3DS LL $199 USD

:O

August 19

aCII4.png

Reggie looks amazing. Whatever he is doing for his body is working.

Japanese don't give a shit about E3?

The main issue I can see is that outside of Japan is a pretty big market, so when all these media outlets are crying "Nintendo sucked and were shit at E3" on all their headlines for the event it means consumers will think they are on the way down.

The important thing is whether or not this event today will be shouted from the headlines to the same degree that it would have been at E3. Will it have just as strong an effect today as it would have had a few weeks ago on the masses? (i.e. not just GAF and Twitter)

Yagharek

This really is battered wife syndrome with Nintendo

I want it to be clear that I'm not making a joke in bad taste here, but in this case ... I'm asking for it.

I think you cant go buying nintendo hw not knowing how they work. And tbh, there are other companies that do it much more frequently at more exhorbitant prices.

Choc

Banned
so i guess the circle pad pro is dead now

it wont fit hte new unit

i cant find a liveblog of the EU announcements >_<

Yagharek

All depends on the design.

Also, as I already asked, how many games actually use it? That should be a good enough gauge of whether they care about it or not.

Kid Icarus - 1 stick only though, for lefties mainly
Resident Evil - not really necessary
Metal Gear Solid 3D - essential for camera control
Monster Hunter 3 - not out here :/

So thus far, not much more than a niche product, unless you're left handed of course and prefer using the right stick.

Yeah, building it into the hardware though could lead to more games designed to use 2 sticks though which is always a good thing, to give designer a little more choice.

Also Metroid Hunters 2.
ninty plz

senahorse

Yeah, building it into the hardware though could lead to more games designed to use 2 sticks though which is always a good thing, to give designer a little more choice.

Also Metroid Hunters 2.
ninty plz

Oh don't get me wrong, I would prefer 2 sticks, and it's the main reason I have been holding off buying one (but I need that XL). It just seems Nintendo doesn't share the same enthusiasm, or maybe it's an Apple trick, save a feature for the next revision.

Sorry about the Schafer thing, guys. I did let you know as soon as I could! A mate noticed and gave me about 10 seconds to respond so additional tickets weren't really an option. Maybe they'll have some more during the week?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The weather is too shitty for me to bother trying to do some shopping for potential cooking.

I think I just wanna go home, randomly find stuff in the kitchen and then play some MP games with ausgaf for the rest of the night.

New headphones for my iPhone turned up today. Woo, Can't wait to check them out on the way home.

Rahk

The weather is too shitty for me to bother trying to do some shopping for potential cooking.

I think I just wanna go home, randomly find stuff in the kitchen and then play some MP games with ausgaf for the rest of the night.

New headphones for my iPhone turned up today. Woo, Can't wait to check them out on the way home.
You've probably now spent more effort trying to think of things to cook than cooking itself.

Yagharek

Just went to target. Giant stack of yellow dsi xls. Walked out with a pencil only. Three hours ago it would have been bought.

Btw why is threesome the second auto correct word for three? Second only to threw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom