• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
in the 3ds XL thread someone mentioned they need to buy another adapter so they can sell their old system

is this Nintendo combating used console sales? :O

stay with me. EB will offer a trade but you will need to give in the AC adapter no doubt, just like DS-> 3DS

if you have to give in the AC you have to buy another one.

So ........

:|

interesting to see how eb handles this

Cool, no real reason to feel my 3DS is outdated, smaller screen, but I really expected they'd do the second stick, which means use of the second stick will be in only a few games.

So Nintendo was aware there was thing E3 a few weeks ago right?

I went to a new place at Carindale where everything on the menu is chocolate.
When faced with so many gorilla-unfriendly options, I invariably ordered the least tasty things on the menu. nice gelato ruined by being on a bed of shaved ice and a really weirdly tasteless hot chocolate. Maybe having a grill'd burger an hour earlier was a mistake

Yagharek

In practice this is what will happen:

$249 RRP for the XL
$20 or $15 for the charger

Stores will bundle them together for $249 and wear the loss. Those who are upgrading will net the difference of their 3DSmicro tradein/sale and keep their content.

Lack of 2nd stick is bad, especially for MGS3. But it wasnt widely used. Hopefully MH4 isnt jeopardised without it.

By having a big stand next to the 3DS XL of $20 AC adapters. Will be rolling in profits. It was probably their idea in the first place.

Hmm, is the Spanish 3DS region locked to Spain & Mexico or just Europe?

No, but it lets you play the PAL version of Kingdom Hearts 3D, which lacks a Spanish translation.

Jintor

Cool, no real reason to feel my 3DS is outdated, smaller screen, but I really expected they'd do the second stick, which means use of the second stick will be in only a few games.

So Nintendo was aware there was thing E3 a few weeks ago right?

When faced with so many gorilla-unfriendly options, I invariably ordered the least tasty things on the menu. nice gelato ruined by being on a bed of shaved ice and a really weirdly tasteless hot chocolate. Maybe having a grill'd burger an hour earlier was a mistake

Twasn't a Max Brennar was it?

I'm wondering if the big N will wait another two years and then dump a twin-stick handheld on us. I don't even know if it's part of their future strategy or not really.

Deeku

Ahhhh Kingdom Hearts...alternate timeline me would have probably been super into that series. I own most of the games, but just never got around to playing them for more than a few hours each:/

Yagharek

At this stage I think it will be their next console, not a 3DS model that has a second stick.

Of course there is no reason why it cant happen anytime. The DS line is pretty much all bleeding into one at this point, and its successor will have to have 3D too if they want to maintain BC.

Jintor

I'm genuinely curious if Nintendo are somehow planning to make their handhelds the controllers for their home console experiences. The XL even looks like a Gamepad. Same aesthetic design at the least.

3 screens, motherfuckers!

Choc

Banned
I'm genuinely curious if Nintendo are somehow planning to make their handhelds the controllers for their home console experiences. The XL even looks like a Gamepad. Same aesthetic design at the least.

3 screens, motherfuckers!

jintor you and me both. When i saw the white one i felt it screamed Wii U integration

Yagharek

Wouldnt surprise me. Maybe not the default controller, but eventually perhaps a functional optional controller a la the classic controller pro.

The benefit of it being that it also has takeaway games that you can also play on the big screen. Imagine simple things like cross-compatible Super Metroid VC.

Choc

Banned
"so guys, you want to have multiple tablets? buy a 3DS XL"

so you could uby a 2nd tab, or use a 3ds XL

its only streaming so its ENTIRELY possible.

When faced with so many gorilla-unfriendly options, I invariably ordered the least tasty things on the menu.
Once went to a place in Munich that only serves hot chocolate. 35 different types. Ordered a whisky hot chocolate. It was just flavoured syrup. So now I just make them myself.

Salazar

no. something called chocolate pavillion. I'll try something more cakey if I go back. Apart from Darrell Lea, there aren't many chocolate places in Brisbane. Haven't tried out that place at Southbank though.

Is there still, indeed was there ever, one in Paddington, or am I mistaken ?

Shaneus

Ive still got Golden Axe music stuck in my head. Since yesterday.

It is the cure to Call Me Maybe.

R3WIK.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WT8jruQUX4&feature=relmfu

Shaneus

That reminds me I really need to grab a PSPGo soon.
Can they has jailbreak?

Edit: Fuck me, those SSDs are cheap (though they probably work out to be the same price as buying local)

Hey, how did I find a link to SF4 Arcade in my Chrome tabs? Did someone link it? Is that the definitive version to get or are there more complete ones?
Edit: Oh, it's Aon's thing. But that still seems kinda cheap. Hmmmm. Steam? Edit: I think GFWL. Tres lol.

Quantum Conundrum by Kim Swift et al for $11.50 from GMG! Hope you still have your credit from Disciples 2!

Can they has jailbreak?
Only the most emulated paradise your eye can see.
Cast your mind back to your childhood.
*puts arm around your shoulder*
Sonic & Knuckles speeding through the open plains of the Mega Drive
Samus trawling the halls of space in the gloom of the SNES
Beating people up on the NeoGeo
*sits down at bar*
These things, and more, can be yours my friend.
And you deserve them.
You deserve to have them.
On the toilet or on the beach.
On the train or in church.
You deserve it.

Shaneus

Wait... was that a "yes"? Is it crappy loader-based jailbreak or perma-thingy?

I'm very out of the loop re: that stuff. But a Go could get me back in, particularly if the form factor is arseloads better than the 1000.

Quantum Conundrum for $6.25ish ($14.99 -25% code and -$5 Disciples II trade in) seems like a good deal. Anyone had a chance to play it yet? Reviews are pretty mixed.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Quantum Conundrum for $6.25ish ($14.99 - 25% code and -$5 Disciples II trade in) seems like a good deal. Anyone had a chance to play it yet? Reviews are pretty mixed.

i posted about it in the thread

damn fine puzzle design
story never pays off
game lacks a climax, it just ends

totally worth playing if you liked Portal

jambo

in the 3ds XL thread someone mentioned they need to buy another adapter so they can sell their old system

is this Nintendo combating used console sales? :O

stay with me. EB will offer a trade but you will need to give in the AC adapter no doubt, just like DS-> 3DS

if you have to give in the AC you have to buy another one.

So ........

:|

interesting to see how eb handles this

Seeing as the 3DS XL won't come with an AC adapter packed in, I doubt EB would ask for something that didn't come with the system if you trade it in...

Shaneus

:D :D :D :D
Is that a new development? As far as I knew, it always had to be done by loading a savegame (Patapon 2 demo?) then going from there. If it's from boot... ohhh man, I'll be on the prowl. If I find a bargain' worth braggin' 'bout, I'll let you know. Need portable Lumines.

Geelong well placed now >_>

edit: wow, I think the cats are going to make Legend cry :O
Surprising comeback. I tipped Sydney but fuck I wanna see Geelong win.

FUCK. Geelong needed that one. At least they showed some good fight though. Doesn't say much for Sydney who blew the lead of a century.

i posted about it in the thread
Thanks Rez. Finished it already?! Length? Guessing 3-4 hours?

I expected pretty much what you've said. Interesting puzzles, it seems like the rest was going to be a bit lacklustre.

I noticed it has a DLC season pass....
Might explain it.
That settles it, I'll just wait for the complete pack to be released. Sounds like the DLC is puzzle packs, not extra story, but who knows?

:D :D :D :D
Is that a new development? As far as I knew, it always had to be done by loading a savegame (Patapon 2 demo?) then going from there. If it's from boot... ohhh man, I'll be on the prowl. If I find a bargain' worth braggin' 'bout, I'll let you know. Need portable Lumines.
There may be a way if you have access to that Google thing you may find it...

That settles it, I'll just wait for the complete pack to be released. Sounds like the DLC is puzzle packs, not extra story, but who knows?
Complete pack is already out! $20 rather than $15. Of course once it is all out I am sure it will get a price drop but you can pre-order the DLC for $3.75 on GMG along with the OST being available now I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom