• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't heard of Mr Hydra. Google it, saw it's on Malop St. Fanciest cocktail must be Jack & Coke. Did they let you in despite the lack of flannel?

Frawdder

Now I remember why I don't rely on other people because they are completely unreliable and have no idea about the concept of time when you are waiting for them. Bleh, useless idiots, should have stayed home and played Crusader Kings 2 instead.

Jintor

More of your etiquette

tumblr_m61aqh6SuM1qfyn57o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m61aqh6SuM1qfyn57o4_500.jpg

Agenda suicide. The drones work until they die, just to get that pretty little home.
Hadn't heard of Mr Hydra. Google it, saw it's on Malop St. Fanciest cocktail must be Jack & Coke. Did they let you in despite the lack of flannel?
You so funny. I know no cocktails they offer, too fancy but cheap. Too bad! Me now try and make hot milo in random persons house before they wake up and ask question question.

Deeku

I don't know about you guys, but it is crazy cold and I'm freezing my everything off!!

Also I ate too much tonight and can't sleep:/

Oh well, more persona 4 vita then! It's so good. Like, the game itself is already pretty good, but just being able to play it anywhere/anytime plus the vita's sleep function is heavennn!

Shaneus

Nope :(
Maybe next time
At Mr Hydra cocktails at them moment
Wait... you were at Mr. Hyde's last night? Seriously? I got there just before 12ish and left just after 12:30ish. How the fuck we didn't bump into each other, I'll never know. (Actually, I do: I almost always stay firmly in the DJ booth-area the whole time.)

And cods, they actually have some pretty awesome cocktails there. Make a kickarse coffee espresso thingy. Lots of others, too.

Salazar

CAMPBELL Newman will tonight deliver his own King's Speech, urging Queenslanders to back his Government as it "tightens its belt".

Erm, "King's Speech" ?

Courier Mail is such a perfect paper to accompany this government.

Choc

Banned
Black Caviar just snuck over the line at Ascot. Pulled up a bit sore too. Absolute champ horse though, 22 in a row now.

apparently the owners aren't happy it only just won

#firstworldproblems

edit: i have a feeling that you QLDers are about to have the most destructive, damaging and harsh budget in history

edit 2: Is it true the jockey didnt use the whip once on Caviar? and it still won?

fuck

hamchan

apparently the owners aren't happy it only just won

#firstworldproblems

edit: i have a feeling that you QLDers are about to have the most destructive, damaging and harsh budget in history

I wouldn't be happy that the jockey eased up on the horse in the final 100m.

Cohsae

edit 2: Is it true the jockey didnt use the whip once on Caviar? and it still won?

fuck

I remember hearing my Dad rave about one of her recent races. All the other jockeys are whipping the shit out of their horses to try to get them to catch her. Her jockey didn't touch her once. She knows what to do.

hamchan

thats not the horses fault
But trainer Peter Moody was having none of that.
"She only had to win by a quarter of an inch," he declared. "That's what we were prepared to win by and she got the job done."
Was he disappointed that she had not dominated the field?
"We never ask her for dominance... We're very proud of her. She's 22 out of 22 [races]. It's never about margins, it's never about dominance. I'm an extremely proud Aussie."

Seem quite happy to me.

midonnay

not really the best look for Black Cavier....

dodged a showdown with Frankel and comically won by a hair's breath in a race she was supposed to dominate >_>

Choc

Banned
Victory

canterbury_bulldogs_logo.jpg

slimey storm

edit: Barry O'Farrel is making it pretty hard to like him for the majority of the electorate. Putting the toll back on the M4, removing workers comp for travel to and from work.

He could be the next Rudd. Knifed in the first term for the good of the party (so to speak).

My prediction of him being a 1 termer might be right Fred. Not necessarily labor next time, but sure as shit not BOF if this keeps up.

also question

Why is it when Julia Gillard goes back on an election promise she is called a liar by the media and hounded like crazy but when Barry or anyone else goes back on an election promise its a backtrack not a lie. And the media leave them alone. Its disgusting

Today I attempted to make beer using the "brew in a bag" all grain method (all grain means not using any kits or extracts).

First you steep the grains in a bag immersed in water. This was around 66c, I fired the burner half way through to get it to 67c.
IMG_20120624_125846.jpg

Then you cover it and wait for an hour or so.
IMG_20120624_130236.jpg

This is the result of a starch test 5 minutes in:
IMG_20120624_130747.jpg

And after 60 minutes. A light colour means no starch, meaning it's all been converted to sugar, which is what you want.
IMG_20120624_140212.jpg

All's good, so you remove the bag and boil for 60-90 minutes, adding hops along the way. I added 25g of "Goldings" hops, 10g at the start, 5g more each at 15m, 30m, 45m in.
IMG_20120624_142515.jpg

Once it's been boiled, you've got to cool it as fast as you can:
IMG_20120624_154427.jpg

Then transfer into a fermentation vessel. Before adding yeast, I measured the OG (Original Gravity, or weight of the beer compared to water) at 1.042. This isn't very high and not too low either.
IMG_20120624_163527_1.jpg

After about 3 weeks in the fermenter I expect the FG (Final Gravity) to be 1.007-1.012. The difference will be how strong the beer is. I'm expecting 4%. This is a British ESB (or pale ale).

Big post, but it was a pretty fun day. I guess it remains to be seen whether I succeeded or totally screwed up!

Thoughts on the NSW origin selections? I'm glad they got rid of Uate, he was a huge liability in defence for the Blues. Worried about Glen Stewart being right, any sort of knee injury is sketchy. Hopefully big T-Rex can have more of an impact, I think they need to put him on for 15min each half instead of saving him. Morris will be a great replacement for Uate.

Choc

Banned
Thoughts on the NSW origin selections? I'm glad they got rid of Uate, he was a huge liability in defence for the Blues. Worried about Glen Stewart being right, any sort of knee injury is sketchy. Hopefully big T-Rex can have more of an impact, I think they need to put him on for 15min each half instead of saving him. Morris will be a great replacement for Uate.

The best selection was Erin Molan

Kritz

Banned
Somehow I never noticed that this article on pitching game projects, which was one of the required reading links for my game design course this year, was actually written by Gaz.

By "somehow I never noticed", I mean, "I never bothered reading this, but,". Because one of my long term goals in my life is to read as little text as possible.

Somehow I never noticed that this article on pitching game projects, which was one of the required reading links for my game design course this year, was actually written by Gaz.

By "somehow I never noticed", I mean, "I never bothered reading this, but,". Because one of my long term goals in my life is to read as little text as possible.

It is very important to note that more or less at the same time Gazunta stopped being involved in pitching projects to publishers that the same developer stopped snagging new projects from publishers. The timing may of course be purely coincidental.

I'm not saying Gazunta is Videogame Jesus. But I am implying it. Strongly.

Choc

Banned
Vince

i just played the heroes of ruin demo and i might buy it tommorow (especially with a trip coming up)

is it worth it? or long term is it bad

Yagharek

Vince

i just played the heroes of ruin demo and i might buy it tommorow (especially with a trip coming up)

is it worth it? or long term is it bad

Ive been working all weekend so havent had time beyond the first level and a bit. Give me til next weekend and I should have more time. Doubt the game will sell well, sadly, so it should be cheap soon.

It looks good, plays nicely, but longevity is too hard for me to tell yet.

JMizzlin

Travelling to the US for 6 months to a year in August; wanting to purchase some form of DS for travelling. Which should I get? Australian or US version?

legend166

Wake up.

Go to smh.com.au

See that England VS Italy is about to go into penalties.

Think "awesome, I'll watch it before going to work."

Remember that it's on Setanta Sports.

Rage.

Clipper

Oh, GAF is back... that seemed to be a long outage (11 hours unless it came back and went away again while I slept)! It's probably a good reminder for people to take down any info they need for the upcoming AusGAF events in advance of the days... and to aid in that:

Here's all the upcoming AusGAF meetups. Post or PM the organisers if you want to come and aren't listed already...

MelbGAF
Date: Friday, 29th of June
Starting Time: 5PM
Venue: Beer DeLuxe
Organiser: Holycheck

Confirmed: HolyCheck (6:00-), Bananaarnie, shanshan310, Aonshix (5:30-), Aniseed, Omi, jambo, codswallop (4:00-6:00), Remz, Shaneus
Probable: evlcookie, Lafiel, Agyar

BrisGAF
Date: Tuesday, 3rd of July
Starting Time: 5:30PM
Venue: Grill'd et al. (meet at Central)
Organiser: shanshan310

Confirmed: Kritz, Clipper, shanshan310, Marshmellow, Gazunta, viciouskillersquirrel + waifu, Rlan (6:00-)
Probable: Fallbackpants, ClivePwned, CrazedProfessional, Bodyboarder, Salazar

Meet at 5:30pm at Central Station around the corner from the ticketing station (on the ATM side, not the news agents / Maccas side). There is a bench there across from the shoe repair / key cutter place that will sit several people comfortably that's hardly ever crowded. Transport info.

BrisGAF Board Games
Date: Wednesday, 4th of July
Starting Time: 6PM
Venue: Marshmellow's place, Toowong (probably)
Main game/s: Uncharted, Munchkin, Game of Thrones Second Edition (time permitting)
Organiser: Marshmellow

Confirmed: Marshmellow, Clipper, shanshan310
Possible: shanhshan's +1, Marsh's buddies

Plenty of space left here for other BrisGAF attendees.

SydGAF Board Games
Date: Saturday, 7th of July
Starting Time: 10AM to whenever
Venue: Clipper's place, Randwick (details via PM)
Main game/s: Game of Thrones Second Edition, Uncharted
Organiser: Clipper

Confirmed: Clipper, Jintor, Rahk
Probable: Danoss, Choc

There's room for 1 more, so indicate your interest fast if you want in!

Omikron

Wake up.

Go to smh.com.au

See that England VS Italy is about to go into penalties.

Think "awesome, I'll watch it before going to work."

Remember that it's on Setanta Sports.

Rage.

Is ok, was England and penalties, could have told you the result as soon as ET finished. :p

MelbGAF
Confirmed: HolyCheck (6pm), Bananaarnie, shanshan310, Aonshix (5:30), Aniseed, Omi, jambo, codswallop, Remz, Shaneus
Probable: evlcookie, Lafiel, Agyar

Even though I unconfirmed myself for Friday, I think I'll try to attend from 5:00-6:00pm if I can leave work early. I reckon I'll be able to get into the city by 4:00-4:30 so if anyone will be around we could possibly start then.

hopefully the series gets like 6 or more seasons out. <3
#sixseasonsandamovie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom