• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on the NSW origin selections? I'm glad they got rid of Uate, he was a huge liability in defence for the Blues. Worried about Glen Stewart being right, any sort of knee injury is sketchy. Hopefully big T-Rex can have more of an impact, I think they need to put him on for 15min each half instead of saving him. Morris will be a great replacement for Uate.

Looks like a solid team. I'm definitely biased having played in the forwards whenever I've played but changing a winger is pretty minimal. If you can run once every 15 minutes you can play wing.

It'll be interesting to see what the Maroons do with fullback. Bowen, Barba and Inglis all have pretty solid claims to the spot. I was originally thinking moving Inglis to fullback, Tate to centre and Barba to the wing would be a good idea but it's probably easier just to slot someone like Bowen who has the experience into the spot.

I picked up Max Payne yesterday. Really enjoying it so far. I'm liking that the story is about Max. Like there is the other shit going on but it's window dressing for a story about a man. Video games never do that. I mean this isn't a movie or book level plot, but character driven stories need to happen more.

Fredescu

Looks like a solid team. I'm definitely biased having played in the forwards whenever I've played but changing a winger is pretty minimal. If you can run once every 15 minutes you can play wing.
Uate's defense was terrible. He was pretty much directly responsible for four QLD tries. Glad they had the nads to drop him.

So does anyone know anything about cars? I was thinking of buying a dealer-owned 2011 Kia Sportage. It ticks all the boxes and is a heck of a lot newer than (say) an X-Trail or Outlander in the same price range.

From what I can tell, it got good reviews, but Kia servicing is expensive. Any way around that?

Fredescu

From what I can tell, it got good reviews, but Kia servicing is expensive. Any way around that?
The way around that is to not get your services done through the dealer. By law they're not allowed to force you to go through them as a condition of the factory warranty. If they think dodgy servicing caused a fault though, they can blame them and not accept the warranty claim. I'm not sure how often that happens, you'd probably have to speak to someone in the business.

Also, isn't a Sportage smaller than an X Trail or Outlander? I thought they were more Dualis/ASX size. Kia have the Sorrento, but I think that's bigger than the X Trail or Outlander.

The way around that is to not get your services done through the dealer. By law they're not allowed to force you to go through them as a condition of the factory warranty. If they think dodgy servicing caused a fault though, they can blame them and not accept the warranty claim. I'm not sure how often that happens, you'd probably have to speak to someone in the business.

Also, isn't a Sportage smaller than an X Trail or Outlander? I thought they were more Dualis/ASX size. Kia have the Sorrento, but I think that's bigger than the X Trail or Outlander.
They're smaller, but have a lot more boot space (which was one of our primary criteria) than an ASX or Dualis.

Also, very similar power/weight ratio to the RAV4 and X-Trail.

i wouldnt trust someone with a fuckwit as an avatar

image.php

Choc

Banned
you know the funniest thing?

Despite the fact the libs have 46% primary vote, Gillard still leads Abbott in the 2PP.

That's, crazy.

Shaneus

well clearly out of that text he is going to know that
Vettels engine blows
and also
grosjeans
and that
we have the best podium ever of 3 former ferrari champions
Oh, obviously.

Did you watch, Choc? I watched the Ten coverage for the first time in a while (ugh, so many ads, so much bullshit commentary, so much of the time spent catching up on what happened over the ads... all in glorious SD) and enjoyed the hell out of the race live. Having the F1 app on my phone helped, too :)

Choc

Banned
England was always going to lose once it went to penalties

seriously, England won't win another tournament until penalties are abolished :)

Choc

Banned
prediction

West Sydney Wanderers

made up of local premier league players with one marquee

Popovic coach

Home ground ANZ stadium or parra stadium until a new one is built

also yes i saw terry lulz

edit: Yep Wanderers was right

edit2: Yep parra stadium

edit3:

AwM2c-6CQAAF1bp.jpg

looks a bit like the arsenal!

edit4: The Wanderers presents the club’s first three player signings - western Sydney products, Aaron Mooy, Tarek Elrich and Kwabena Appiah-Kubi. Three NSW premier league players. I am on a fucking roll!

Choc

Banned
Yes its Popovic

4/4

thanks

so predictable FFA.

Will be nice to ref at parra stadium if i get the chance, even youth league Wanderers

edit: Wow, first AL club big enough to attract Nike. 5 year deal.

Choc

Banned
lol workmate just said it looks like volkswagon

he is so right

also WHAT THE FUCK EA WHERES THE FIFA VIDEO AT THE UNVEILING ;)

if i was there, that would have happened!

Choc

Banned
i've just emailed the imagery to my mate at EA Canada to see if he even knew the WSW team

because if they didn't, it won't be in this years game, thats for sure.

Still a little drunk from Saturday, awesome night. Usually at some point I am sick of everyone and just want to chill out by myself for a bit but it was just fun from start to finish.

3DS is $168 at Big W including postage.
Crucial m4 SSD is $402 for 512GB
Fast & Furious 5 movies blu ray for $24
Risk Halo Edition is $20 from Myer

Yeah we just get my Dad to sign for the service which he or I will do. The local Kia guys make a killing so they don't care, really good to deal with.

Yeah stay away from KIA and Korean cars.
Why? Our 2009 Rio is fantastic. Everyone else I know with a Kia love them too.

Did you watch, Choc? I watched the Ten coverage for the first time in a while (ugh, so many ads, so much bullshit commentary, so much of the time spent catching up on what happened over the ads... all in glorious SD) and enjoyed the hell out of the race live. Having the F1 app on my phone helped, too :)
The main commentator is annoying as fuck. He used to ride bikes back in the day if my memory is correct, haven't paid attention properly since I was living at home.

Rezbit

Wow, a new sports franchise that looks sharp and mature and doesn't look completely tacky and for kids? Colour me impressed.

Choc

Banned
parra stadium today

AwM45VhCAAEyk27.jpg

as a ref i'd appreciate that every week, easy to see the centre circle that i need to keep out of. Statistically referees interfere with play the most in teh centre circle so its no mans land

Shaneus

But I was the one who spoiled it. Righteo.

The main commentator is annoying as fuck. He used to ride bikes back in the day if my memory is correct, haven't paid attention properly since I was living at home.
The Australian one in general is shit. Things that are wrong with it:
* Ads. So many. Then the recap afterwards of what happened during the ad break.
* The "team". Annoying as shit, never really sound like they know what they're on about.
* Cutting content. Never see the podium presentations, always cut back to something else (them talking, more ads...). Always abrupt, too.
* SD. So they can show some POS movie on One, they show the actual race in standard def.
* Sky. Not really a fault of theirs (given Sky's the official broadcaster) but BBC do their own broadcast of around half of the races. But you don't get that choice with FTA.

That's why I'm always on the hunt for pirate feeds/streams or what have you. Or get the tweaked BBC iPlayer that allows you to watch the BBC stream like in decent quality for free (without being in the UK).

Deeku

Whoa I didn't know that pokemon crossover game was released here:eek: And it looks pretty good too!! Did anyone here pick it up?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
512GB M4 for under $400 at amazon going by that ozbargain link. Fuck, I might just get one and use it as my gaming drive.

Tempted as all hell. Hrmmmmmmmmm

Shaneus

I use my Sandisk SSD as my quasi-gaming drive (with some Steam titles junctioned across) and my old SSD I've configured to use as a read/write cache for the rest of my stuff (under RAID 0, 2x5400rpm 1.5tb drives). Runs like a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom