• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also GeelongGAF meetup was last Sunday. Was awesome. We had Schnitzels that would make Holy spit chips. The chips were also great. I don't recall any games being discussed.

Fredescu

Just an update confirming it you would expect, showing off the colours and the logo especially. I saw the prior article but still can't see a story about it. I'm not digging much admittedly, but you'd think that'd be fairly big news for them.
It's in Top Stories of the Sports section: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/new-aleague-team-gets-name-home-20120625-20xmm.html

Can't see it linked from the front page admittedly, but the SMH front page has always been shit.

Choc

Banned
just got lego batman 2 PC digitally for $40

if anyone else is keen ill let you know the source :) its not steam

edit: Fred thats not true. Until recently the SMH main headlines were good.

This is a brand new sports team in the biggest area of Sydney. Last time i checked it was the SYDNEY morning herald

Gina is ruining fairfax. Did you see 3 top editors resigned today?

Fredescu

edit: Fred thats not true. Until recently the SMH main headlines were good.
I often find myself Googling for a piece of recent/breaking news because I don't see it on the front page of SMH.

This is a brand new sports team in the biggest area of Sydney. Last time i checked it was the SYDNEY morning herald
Agreed, it should be a headline.

Gina is ruining fairfax. Did you see 3 top editors resigned today?
Fairfax was already ruined.

Yagharek

I'm not sure I feel safe walking into a store buying a Pokemon game as a grown adult even though I could get away with the old 'its for my niece/nephew/kids' lie.

Weird looks and all.

Still, its a strategy game so people can stfu I guess.

Fredescu

One of the AusGAF posts that always stuck in my memory was Bernbaum describing himself in an outback town parking his ute, stepping out wearing a drysabone, dirty workboots, unshaven face, walking into EB and buying a copy of Starfy entirely for his own purposes. Just summon up the courage of Bern, Vince, and you'll be fine!

Yagharek

I didn't grow up with the games. I was 18 when they first came out here, so its always had that stigma to me.

Not that it deserves it, but when you grow up with it I'm sure you would feel different.

Choc

Banned
Anyone ever used or looked into Ethernet over power? http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smallfish_info.php?event_id=1200

Could be a decent alternative to wiring up the whole house.

Fred to me that doesn't look like true ethernet over power. More like AP's that are powered by the electricity they go into

So you have the access point into the router, then the smaller AP's plugged into the wall to power the WiFi and connect to those for range.

True ethernet overpower exists where you plug the RJ45 directly into the power plug that goes in the wall, and one on the other side. Uses the houses circuits to move data.

Fredescu

True ethernet overpower exists where you plug the RJ45 directly into the power plug that goes in the wall, and one on the other side. Uses the houses circuits to move data.
That's exactly what this is. Not sure why you think they're just access points.

Choc

Banned
this image from the manual?

image2.jpg

Choc

Banned
yes i just noticed

bah :) thats a pretty good price

do these work in buildings that have shared power lines? how would it identify the circuit?

ie units

Fredescu

do these work in buildings that have shared power lines? how would it identify the circuit?

ie units
Reading the WP thread on the subject, you have to press a button on each new plug and on the main switch to allow them to share keys, and from there the communication in encrypted. That's not specific to this device though.

Edit: Also "They can not work through a Power Meter at all, so NO they can't go next door or down the street. (and they are 128 bit AES encrypted anyway)"

Deeku

Sal, mrporter sale is on. Still worth a look even if your buying spree is over. It's like 40-50% off!

I'm not sure I feel safe walking into a store buying a Pokemon game as a grown adult even though I could get away with the old 'its for my niece/nephew/kids' lie.

Weird looks and all.

Ehhh, pokemon is fine! It's the jrpgs with loli anime covers that make me feel weird. Still, they're strategy games so people can stfu.

One of my best mates went back to Japan today :(

Weird looks and all.

That's how I feel whatever game I buy. "Oh God they're judging me for being a girl buying a game/ casual/ whatever "

Shaneus

She's pretty dumb.
As she is clearly demonstrating in that photo. I should follow her just in case she continues to be dumb.

Also GeelongGAF meetup was last Sunday. Was awesome. We had Schnitzels that would make Holy spit chips. The chips were also great. I don't recall any games being discussed.
It was awesome. I enjoyed said schnitz because I'm unbiased. The chips AND the gravy were also awesome.

Also awesome:
pdWsk.jpg

Warm winter Rekorderlig cider with cheese and bacon quiche. Fuck yeah.

Deeku

I figure if this shirt is huge, it's thick and pretty crudely constructed so I can just wear it over things.
Or, you could wear it to sleep!

Damn, most of the stuff I want is only available in S regular fit, which is usually a tiny bit too bulky for me.

I did however buy a dinosaur tie, even though it wasn't on sale. Same label has dinosaur and whale motif sweaters but the colours suck. And it's expensive.

That might do for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom